Dolphin 7 on Wine.

Is there still a way to make this work? I haven't tried particularly hard y=
et, but building doesn't seem to working with or without virtual desktop en=
abled as per WineHQ for Dolphin 6.02. I see a few issues with line endings =
on the list, but since I'm using Linux Git fixing this problem is not as ea=
sy as setting core.autocrlf.

Thanks!

Jacob.
0
Jacob
12/30/2015 1:47:10 AM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 30/12/2015 01:47, Jacob MacDonald wrote:
> Is there still a way to make this work? I haven't tried particularly hard yet, but building doesn't seem to working with or without virtual desktop enabled as per WineHQ for Dolphin 6.02. I see a few issues with line endings on the list, but since I'm using Linux Git fixing this problem is not as easy as setting core.autocrlf.

Yes I have it working, albeit only tried some demos and class browser.

You need to follow nearly the same steps as in the blog post
<http://object-arts.com/blog/files/904294e27cec4b8dff96422f3197f603-5.html>
otherwise you get the missing GDI handle error.

The  internal bitmaps and icons  package seems to have been loaded so
that is not needed.

In a Windows machine (VM or a PC) you need to File In winefix.st.
Unfortunately the file seems have disappeared from the Object Arts site
but I found one on James Foster's Jade application
<https://github.com/jgfoster/Jade/blob/master/Object%20Arts/Dolphin/winefix.st>
To fully run I has to comment out one line in the second last section
Appearances for Mac OS/X. SmalltalkSystemShell does not have a method
defaultBackcolor:

The Dolphin.icns file is also missing but I had a Dolphin 6 wine app to
copy from

Could Andy put the winefix.st and dolphin.icns files onto github, please.

--
Mark
0

> Could Andy put the winefix.st and dolphin.icns files onto github, please.

At some point I may be able to roll the wine fix stuff into the main branch. For the time being the original blog post, with links to both these files, is still available on the website at:

http://object-arts.com/blog/files/dolphinunderwine.html

best regards,
0
bowermail

Dolphin on Linux (was: Dolphin and Wine)
David Gorisek escribi�: > I have good news for everyone running Dolphin server applications. > > Our WikiDoc executable runs on Wine without problems. So web > applications in Dolphin should do fine on Linux/Wine. How does it perform? Regards, -- Esteban. Esteban A. Maringolo wrote: > David Gorisek escribi�: >> I have good news for everyone running Dolphin server applications. >> >> Our WikiDoc executable runs on Wine without problems. So web >> applications in Dolphin should do fine on Linux/Wine. > > How does it perform? &...

Dolphin Smalltalk v. Smalltalk MT
Forum, We have pretty much settled on Dolphin as the Smalltalk implementation of choice (the decision finally came down to Dolphin or MT). But MT does have a couple of features that are useful and productive, and I was would like to know if perhaps the functionality already exists in Dolphin, but maybe not so straightforward. 1. Concerning the embedding of an ActiveX component in a view, MT offers a simple way to execute the primary verb of a control. I can't seem to find that funtionality in Dolphin. I would like to use Codejock's ActiveX-based UI controls: The Command...

Why Smalltalk? Why Dolphin?
Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above? Seems to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs. TIA, Steve Den tirsdag den 21. april 2015 kl. 18.29.30 UTC+2 skrev Steve Graham: > Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above? Seems > to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you > can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs. > > TIA, Steve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koOsS-vD-XA There are several other wideos on ObjectArts site ...

Dolphin and Wine
I'm using a Linux only environment at work, and would like to have Dolphin handy. What's the current situation with DOlphin running under Wine? Has anyone tried recently? I'm also interested in hearing what experiences people have had with other emulation or virtualisation options. cheers, Steve I can't tell, but I like to hear. cheers, Sebastian aa escreveu: > I'm using a Linux only environment at work, and would like to have > Dolphin handy. > > What's the current situ...

Intelli-Dolphin on Dolphin X6 CE
Hi, I've installed Intelli-Dolphin on a vanilla DX6 CE image, and the Default view of the class browser shows a black rectangle as the background of the added checkbox for viewing inherited methods. Is this a bug or a feature? ;-) I use WinXP MUI SP2. Regards, -- Esteban. Unfortunately this is a known problem - it is apparently related to how the Dolphin Gui editor renders widgets - or something like that (I was pointed to the OA Blog entry "what you see is not always what you get: http://www.object-arts.com/content/blog/2005Dec14-BSM.html). There is a work...

Dolphin 7 and Unicode
I sell an application written in Dolphin Smalltalk, and the only problem is that Dolphin 6 does not support Unicode strings, which is restricting sales. I would be prepared to pledge money for development of Dolphin 7 if it will fully support Unicode. Will Dolphin 7 fully support Unicode strings? I know Dolphin NG is fully Unicode "compliant", but I must say I find it hard to have enough confidence in it to port my application to it. Apparently, the beta version went on sale on 2nd January, but I couldn't find information on the site on how much it cost or how to buy i...

Dolphin on Linux wine
Community edition 6.02 runs under Fedora x86_64 and wine, with a few problems, noted below. Put the following in the directory dolphin6 Dolphin.chg Dolphin.exe DolphinVM006.dll MSVCR71.dll DolphinCR006.dll Dolphin.img IPDolphin.dll SciLexer.dll DolphinDR006.dll Dolphin.sml IPDolphinToGo.dll Dolphin.errors DolphinSureCrypto.dll MSVCP71.dll Under Windows XP the changes described in the MacOS wine blog (object- arts.com main page) were added (File In), to create Dolphin.img. In the directory dolphin6 execute the following: wine ...

Dolphin Smalltalk on Linux...
Think there will ever be a Dolphin Smalltalk on Linux? In particular, on 64-bit Linux? ...

RoboCode in Dolphin Smalltalk?
Hi, does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk RoboCode project? G�nther Guenther Schmidt schrieb: > Hi, > > does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk > RoboCode project? > > G�nther Hello G�nther, sounds interesting. Do you want to create a RoboCode-Clone or something which is similar to RoboCode? cu, Yogi Marc Michael wrote: > Guenther Schmidt schrieb: > >> Hi, >> >> does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk >> RoboCode project? >&...

What are you doing with Dolphin?
I remember there was a interesting thread likes 'What are you doing with Lisp?' in comp.lang.lisp. Now, It's dolphin version. What are you doing with Dolphin smalltalk? Are you happy with dolphin? : ) On 6 Apr 2005 22:54:19 -0700, showoo22@hanmail.net (Dolphin) wrote: >I remember there was a interesting thread likes 'What are you doing >with Lisp?' in comp.lang.lisp. > >Now, It's dolphin version. What are you doing with Dolphin smalltalk? Learning and annoying Ian and Bill with newbie questions. ;-) >Are you happy with dolphin? : ) ...

Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk
Hi, For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've made one about Dolphin :-D. You can download it from <http://emaringolo.users.dolphinmap.net>. Regards, -- Esteban. Esteban A. Maringolo wrote: > For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've > made one about Dolphin :-D. Nice work Esteban! I really liked your minimlist approach. I hope you don't mind that I "copied" your design and adapted it for a Screensaver. The screensaver is available here: http://udos.users.dolphinmap.net/apps/doItBe...

Dolphin Smalltalkers in Germany?
Hi, are there any Dolphiners in Germany? G�nther G�nther Schmidt wrote: > are there any Dolphiners in Germany? Ja, hier :-) CU, Udo Udo Schneider schrieb: > G�nther Schmidt wrote: > >> are there any Dolphiners in Germany? > > Ja, hier :-) > > CU, > > Udo > and here. but I'm a newbie. karl G�nther Schmidt wrote: > Hi, > > are there any Dolphiners in Germany? > > G�nther Yes, over here (Hamburg). Regards, Florian Yes there are ;-) My merge from Digitalk Smalltalk to Dolphin remembers ...

Dolphin Smalltalk News
Folks, Object Arts are pleased to announce that over the last few months we have entered into a partnership with Lesser Software (www.lesser-software.com) with the aim of creating the Next Generation of Dolphin Smalltalk. This new version of Dolphin will be targetted towards professional software developers and will leverage the experience that Lesser Software have built up over a number of years in high performance Smalltalk virtual machines and development tools. Lesser Software's current product set includes LSW Vision Smalltalk, whose virtual machine retains full by...

ODF support for Dolphin (Smalltalk)
Hi, Has anyone done some package for ODF (Open Document Format)? On 20 =CE=CF=D1=C2, 10:36, cenopel...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Has anyone done some package for ODF (Open Document Format)? The other (and simpler, I suppose) way is to write methods for COM- wrapper based on Word or StarOffice application. StarOffice has native ODF support, Word - through several plugins. On Nov 20, 12:09=A0pm, Dmitry Zamotkin <zamot...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 20 =CE=CF=D1=C2, 10:36, cenopel...@gmail.com wrote: > > > Hi, > > > Has anyone done some package ...

Web resources about - Dolphin 7 on Wine. - comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin

Dolphin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dolphins are cetacean mammals closely related to whales and porpoises . There are almost forty species of dolphin in 17 genera . They vary in ...

Dolphins - Spy in the Pod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Remote-control underwater "spy cameras" disguised as sea creatures - including dolphins, shark, tuna, squid, nautilus and puffer fish - allowed ...

Chronik-Fotos - Miami Dolphins Draft Experts - Facebook
Sleeper Profile: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif Offensive Tackle/ Offensive Guard 6-5 310 Number 66 Montreal's McGill University Every year players ...

MiamiHerald.com - Miami & Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Miami Dolphins & More
Miami-Dade and Broward's source for the latest breaking local news on sports, weather, business, jobs, real estate, shopping, health, travel, ...

Miami Dolphins (@DolphinsMEDIA) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Miami Dolphins @ DolphinsMEDIA ...

Drone captures footage of dolphins frolicking in Secret Harbour surf
A UK tourist was lucky enough to capture remarkable footage of a dolphin swimming with her calf 50 metres offshore in Secret Harbour.

Adam Gase to Dolphins: Key Takeaways from Coach's Introductory Press Conference - Bleacher Report
Adam Gase, fresh off signing his five-year deal to become the Miami Dolphins ' head coach, met with the media for his introductory press conference ...

Watch the scary hit Tom Brady took against the Dolphins
Tom Brady crumpled to the turf, then limped off the field.

Bills’ Lynn to interview for Dolphins head coach position
The Buffalo Bills’ season-ending news conference Monday was long on generalities and short on specifics. For reporters sifting through nearly ...

Photo Gallery: New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins
of the game at Sun Life Stadium on January 3, 2016 in Miami Gardens, Florida. of the game at Sun Life Stadium on January 3, 2016 in Miami Gardens, ...