Dolphin on Linux (was: Dolphin and Wine)

David Gorisek escribi�:
> I have good news for everyone running Dolphin server applications.
>
> Our WikiDoc executable runs on Wine without problems. So web
> applications in Dolphin should do fine on Linux/Wine.

How does it perform?

Regards,

--
Esteban.
0

Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
> David Gorisek escribi�:
>> I have good news for everyone running Dolphin server applications.
>>
>> Our WikiDoc executable runs on Wine without problems. So web
>> applications in Dolphin should do fine on Linux/Wine.
>
> How does it perform?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Esteban.

It's hard to say. Often just the page rendering part in browser takes
longer than serving HTTP response from the server. Also, it is running
on an old machine, but from what I can see it is just as fast as on Windows.

Best regards,

David Gorisek
0
David
10/25/2006 2:00:21 PM
For GUI applications it would be good if we would assemble a list of GUI
controls (and DDLs) which are safe to use for compatibility with WINE.

IMHO the problem with Dolphin on WINE seems to be connected only to a
certain subset of GUI controls. But if you develop apps on Windows and
then deploy on WINE it would be good to know which GUI controls and DLLs
you can use in your application to be compatible with WINE.

So maybe we just need a check list of WINE compatible GUI controls and
DDLs and that's it.

Best regards,

David

David Gorisek wrote:
> Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
>> David Gorisek escribi�:
>>> I have good news for everyone running Dolphin server applications.
>>>
>>> Our WikiDoc executable runs on Wine without problems. So web
>>> applications in Dolphin should do fine on Linux/Wine.
>>
>> How does it perform?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Esteban.
>
> It's hard to say. Often just the page rendering part in browser takes
> longer than serving HTTP response from the server. Also, it is running
> on an old machine, but from what I can see it is just as fast as on
> Windows.
>
> Best regards,
>
> David Gorisek
0
David

Dolphin on Linux wine
Community edition 6.02 runs under Fedora x86_64 and wine, with a few problems, noted below. Put the following in the directory dolphin6 Dolphin.chg Dolphin.exe DolphinVM006.dll MSVCR71.dll DolphinCR006.dll Dolphin.img IPDolphin.dll SciLexer.dll DolphinDR006.dll Dolphin.sml IPDolphinToGo.dll Dolphin.errors DolphinSureCrypto.dll MSVCP71.dll Under Windows XP the changes described in the MacOS wine blog (object- arts.com main page) were added (File In), to create Dolphin.img. In the directory dolphin6 execute the following: wine ...

Dolphin Smalltalk on Linux...
Think there will ever be a Dolphin Smalltalk on Linux? In particular, on 64-bit Linux? ...

Intelli-Dolphin on Dolphin X6 CE
Hi, I've installed Intelli-Dolphin on a vanilla DX6 CE image, and the Default view of the class browser shows a black rectangle as the background of the added checkbox for viewing inherited methods. Is this a bug or a feature? ;-) I use WinXP MUI SP2. Regards, -- Esteban. Unfortunately this is a known problem - it is apparently related to how the Dolphin Gui editor renders widgets - or something like that (I was pointed to the OA Blog entry "what you see is not always what you get: http://www.object-arts.com/content/blog/2005Dec14-BSM.html). There is a work...

What are you doing with Dolphin?
I remember there was a interesting thread likes 'What are you doing with Lisp?' in comp.lang.lisp. Now, It's dolphin version. What are you doing with Dolphin smalltalk? Are you happy with dolphin? : ) On 6 Apr 2005 22:54:19 -0700, showoo22@hanmail.net (Dolphin) wrote: >I remember there was a interesting thread likes 'What are you doing >with Lisp?' in comp.lang.lisp. > >Now, It's dolphin version. What are you doing with Dolphin smalltalk? Learning and annoying Ian and Bill with newbie questions. ;-) >Are you happy with dolphin? : ) ...

Why Smalltalk? Why Dolphin?
Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above? Seems to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs. TIA, Steve Den tirsdag den 21. april 2015 kl. 18.29.30 UTC+2 skrev Steve Graham: > Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above? Seems > to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you > can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs. > > TIA, Steve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koOsS-vD-XA There are several other wideos on ObjectArts site ...

Dolphin and Wine
I'm using a Linux only environment at work, and would like to have Dolphin handy. What's the current situation with DOlphin running under Wine? Has anyone tried recently? I'm also interested in hearing what experiences people have had with other emulation or virtualisation options. cheers, Steve I can't tell, but I like to hear. cheers, Sebastian aa escreveu: > I'm using a Linux only environment at work, and would like to have > Dolphin handy. > > What's the current situ...

Dolphin is running better on linux (on Wine)
Hi all, I've applied to admin for AppDB which is a site to help improve windows applications to run on Wine. Please consider to submit data, logs and/or all you find useful to provide Wine developers to make run Dolphin Smalltalk better on linux. Below is a link for direct access to the Dolphin page on AppDB: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6254 For all those who are interested in running Dolphin Smalltalk on linux, Wine is performing a lot better in version 1.0.0 and is very appealing to use it as server of web applications. Thank you...

Dolphin Smalltalk v. Smalltalk MT
Forum, We have pretty much settled on Dolphin as the Smalltalk implementation of choice (the decision finally came down to Dolphin or MT). But MT does have a couple of features that are useful and productive, and I was would like to know if perhaps the functionality already exists in Dolphin, but maybe not so straightforward. 1. Concerning the embedding of an ActiveX component in a view, MT offers a simple way to execute the primary verb of a control. I can't seem to find that funtionality in Dolphin. I would like to use Codejock's ActiveX-based UI controls: The Command...

Dolphin 7 on Wine.
Is there still a way to make this work? I haven't tried particularly hard y= et, but building doesn't seem to working with or without virtual desktop en= abled as per WineHQ for Dolphin 6.02. I see a few issues with line endings = on the list, but since I'm using Linux Git fixing this problem is not as ea= sy as setting core.autocrlf. Thanks! Jacob. On 30/12/2015 01:47, Jacob MacDonald wrote: > Is there still a way to make this work? I haven't tried particularly hard yet, but building doesn't seem to working with or without virtual desktop enabled as per Win...

Dolphin Smalltalk News
Folks, Object Arts are pleased to announce that over the last few months we have entered into a partnership with Lesser Software (www.lesser-software.com) with the aim of creating the Next Generation of Dolphin Smalltalk. This new version of Dolphin will be targetted towards professional software developers and will leverage the experience that Lesser Software have built up over a number of years in high performance Smalltalk virtual machines and development tools. Lesser Software's current product set includes LSW Vision Smalltalk, whose virtual machine retains full by...

Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk
Hi, For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've made one about Dolphin :-D. You can download it from <http://emaringolo.users.dolphinmap.net>. Regards, -- Esteban. Esteban A. Maringolo wrote: > For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've > made one about Dolphin :-D. Nice work Esteban! I really liked your minimlist approach. I hope you don't mind that I "copied" your design and adapted it for a Screensaver. The screensaver is available here: http://udos.users.dolphinmap.net/apps/doItBe...

RoboCode in Dolphin Smalltalk?
Hi, does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk RoboCode project? G�nther Guenther Schmidt schrieb: > Hi, > > does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk > RoboCode project? > > G�nther Hello G�nther, sounds interesting. Do you want to create a RoboCode-Clone or something which is similar to RoboCode? cu, Yogi Marc Michael wrote: > Guenther Schmidt schrieb: > >> Hi, >> >> does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk >> RoboCode project? >&...

Dolphin for Linux idea.
It's very hot today so my brain is thinking irrationaly. Is there any chance OA Dolphin could be ported over headless to Linux and Windows as an open source and then let the community or OA create the GUIs environment for it? It would be nice if it was Web centric like PHP. I know the concept of Smalltalk development is different from all languages including Ruby. But maybe it could have a very basic command line editor like Ruby or Python has for filein text based code possibly formatted as XML. and saving the image. This same environment can also run under Windows to develop ...

Dolphin Smalltalkers in Germany?
Hi, are there any Dolphiners in Germany? G�nther G�nther Schmidt wrote: > are there any Dolphiners in Germany? Ja, hier :-) CU, Udo Udo Schneider schrieb: > G�nther Schmidt wrote: > >> are there any Dolphiners in Germany? > > Ja, hier :-) > > CU, > > Udo > and here. but I'm a newbie. karl G�nther Schmidt wrote: > Hi, > > are there any Dolphiners in Germany? > > G�nther Yes, over here (Hamburg). Regards, Florian Yes there are ;-) My merge from Digitalk Smalltalk to Dolphin remembers ...

Web resources about - Dolphin on Linux (was: Dolphin and Wine) - comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin

Dolphin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dolphins are cetacean mammals closely related to whales and porpoises . There are almost forty species of dolphin in 17 genera . They vary in ...

Dolphins - Spy in the Pod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Remote-control underwater "spy cameras" disguised as sea creatures - including dolphins, shark, tuna, squid, nautilus and puffer fish - allowed ...

Chronik-Fotos - Miami Dolphins Draft Experts - Facebook
Sleeper Profile: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif Offensive Tackle/ Offensive Guard 6-5 310 Number 66 Montreal's McGill University Every year players ...

MiamiHerald.com - Miami & Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Miami Dolphins & More
Miami-Dade and Broward's source for the latest breaking local news on sports, weather, business, jobs, real estate, shopping, health, travel, ...

Miami Dolphins (@DolphinsMEDIA) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Miami Dolphins @ DolphinsMEDIA ...

Mandurah teenagers rescue dolphin
Three quick-thinking Mandurah teenagers saved the life of a stranded baby dolphin.

Mandurah teenagers rescue dolphin
Three quick-thinking Mandurah teenagers saved the life of a stranded baby dolphin.

Drone captures footage of dolphins frolicking in Secret Harbour surf
A UK tourist was lucky enough to capture remarkable footage of a dolphin swimming with her calf 50 metres offshore in Secret Harbour.