Dolphin on Linux wine

Community edition 6.02 runs under Fedora x86_64 and wine,  with a few
problems, noted below.

Put the following in the directory dolphin6

Dolphin.chg       Dolphin.exe            DolphinVM006.dll
MSVCR71.dll
DolphinCR006.dll  Dolphin.img            IPDolphin.dll
SciLexer.dll
DolphinDR006.dll  Dolphin.sml            IPDolphinToGo.dll
Dolphin.errors    DolphinSureCrypto.dll  MSVCP71.dll

Under Windows XP the changes described in the MacOS wine blog (object-
arts.com main page)
were added (File In), to create Dolphin.img.

In the directory dolphin6 execute the following:

wine Dolphin.exe Dolphin.img

Time millisecondsToRun: [10000 factorial]  runs faster on linux than
Windows XP. In limited testing, the system seemed very usable, except
that the help menu items didn't work (see below).

error messages:

fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet  (a
lot of these)
fixme:heap:RtlCompactHeap (0x1560000, 0x0) stub
fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_get_hPal unimplemented for type 3. Returning
0 palette.
fixme:ole:OLEPictureImpl_Render Not quite correct implementation of
rendering icons...
fixme:tab:TAB_SetExtendedStyle TCS_EX_REGISTERDROP style unimplemented
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {b1401906-004a-4d84-8a8d-7d7d5f7fec92}
not registered
fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not supported
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object
{b1401906-004a-4d84-8a8d-7d7d5f7fec92} could be created for    context
0x17
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10304, 0x13e6d0): stub

Help does not work:
fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW HH case HH_INITIALIZE not handled.
fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW Not all HH cases handled correctly
fixme:win:WinHelpA Unknown help command 13
fixme:winhelp:MACRO_PopupContext ("Z:\home\dtelford\dolphin
\EducationCentrePopups6.hlp", 10633)

0
DougT
10/12/2011 8:48:41 PM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Dolphin on Linux (was: Dolphin and Wine)
David Gorisek escribi�: > I have good news for everyone running Dolphin server applications. > > Our WikiDoc executable runs on Wine without problems. So web > applications in Dolphin should do fine on Linux/Wine. How does it perform? Regards, -- Esteban. Esteban A. Maringolo wrote: > David Gorisek escribi�: >> I have good news for everyone running Dolphin server applications. >> >> Our WikiDoc executable runs on Wine without problems. So web >> applications in Dolphin should do fine on Linux/Wine. > > How does it perform? &...

Dolphin Smalltalk on Linux...
Think there will ever be a Dolphin Smalltalk on Linux? In particular, on 64-bit Linux? ...

Dolphin is running better on linux (on Wine)
Hi all, I've applied to admin for AppDB which is a site to help improve windows applications to run on Wine. Please consider to submit data, logs and/or all you find useful to provide Wine developers to make run Dolphin Smalltalk better on linux. Below is a link for direct access to the Dolphin page on AppDB: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6254 For all those who are interested in running Dolphin Smalltalk on linux, Wine is performing a lot better in version 1.0.0 and is very appealing to use it as server of web applications. Thank you...

Why Smalltalk? Why Dolphin?
Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above? Seems to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs. TIA, Steve Den tirsdag den 21. april 2015 kl. 18.29.30 UTC+2 skrev Steve Graham: > Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above? Seems > to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you > can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs. > > TIA, Steve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koOsS-vD-XA There are several other wideos on ObjectArts site ...

Dolphin and Wine
I'm using a Linux only environment at work, and would like to have Dolphin handy. What's the current situation with DOlphin running under Wine? Has anyone tried recently? I'm also interested in hearing what experiences people have had with other emulation or virtualisation options. cheers, Steve I can't tell, but I like to hear. cheers, Sebastian aa escreveu: > I'm using a Linux only environment at work, and would like to have > Dolphin handy. > > What's the current situ...

Dolphin Smalltalk v. Smalltalk MT
Forum, We have pretty much settled on Dolphin as the Smalltalk implementation of choice (the decision finally came down to Dolphin or MT). But MT does have a couple of features that are useful and productive, and I was would like to know if perhaps the functionality already exists in Dolphin, but maybe not so straightforward. 1. Concerning the embedding of an ActiveX component in a view, MT offers a simple way to execute the primary verb of a control. I can't seem to find that funtionality in Dolphin. I would like to use Codejock's ActiveX-based UI controls: The Command...

Intelli-Dolphin on Dolphin X6 CE
Hi, I've installed Intelli-Dolphin on a vanilla DX6 CE image, and the Default view of the class browser shows a black rectangle as the background of the added checkbox for viewing inherited methods. Is this a bug or a feature? ;-) I use WinXP MUI SP2. Regards, -- Esteban. Unfortunately this is a known problem - it is apparently related to how the Dolphin Gui editor renders widgets - or something like that (I was pointed to the OA Blog entry "what you see is not always what you get: http://www.object-arts.com/content/blog/2005Dec14-BSM.html). There is a work...

Dolphin for Linux idea.
It's very hot today so my brain is thinking irrationaly. Is there any chance OA Dolphin could be ported over headless to Linux and Windows as an open source and then let the community or OA create the GUIs environment for it? It would be nice if it was Web centric like PHP. I know the concept of Smalltalk development is different from all languages including Ruby. But maybe it could have a very basic command line editor like Ruby or Python has for filein text based code possibly formatted as XML. and saving the image. This same environment can also run under Windows to develop ...

Dolphin 7 on Wine.
Is there still a way to make this work? I haven't tried particularly hard y= et, but building doesn't seem to working with or without virtual desktop en= abled as per WineHQ for Dolphin 6.02. I see a few issues with line endings = on the list, but since I'm using Linux Git fixing this problem is not as ea= sy as setting core.autocrlf. Thanks! Jacob. On 30/12/2015 01:47, Jacob MacDonald wrote: > Is there still a way to make this work? I haven't tried particularly hard yet, but building doesn't seem to working with or without virtual desktop enabled as per Win...

Dolphin Smalltalk News
Folks, Object Arts are pleased to announce that over the last few months we have entered into a partnership with Lesser Software (www.lesser-software.com) with the aim of creating the Next Generation of Dolphin Smalltalk. This new version of Dolphin will be targetted towards professional software developers and will leverage the experience that Lesser Software have built up over a number of years in high performance Smalltalk virtual machines and development tools. Lesser Software's current product set includes LSW Vision Smalltalk, whose virtual machine retains full by...

Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk
Hi, For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've made one about Dolphin :-D. You can download it from <http://emaringolo.users.dolphinmap.net>. Regards, -- Esteban. Esteban A. Maringolo wrote: > For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've > made one about Dolphin :-D. Nice work Esteban! I really liked your minimlist approach. I hope you don't mind that I "copied" your design and adapted it for a Screensaver. The screensaver is available here: http://udos.users.dolphinmap.net/apps/doItBe...

What are you doing with Dolphin?
I remember there was a interesting thread likes 'What are you doing with Lisp?' in comp.lang.lisp. Now, It's dolphin version. What are you doing with Dolphin smalltalk? Are you happy with dolphin? : ) On 6 Apr 2005 22:54:19 -0700, showoo22@hanmail.net (Dolphin) wrote: >I remember there was a interesting thread likes 'What are you doing >with Lisp?' in comp.lang.lisp. > >Now, It's dolphin version. What are you doing with Dolphin smalltalk? Learning and annoying Ian and Bill with newbie questions. ;-) >Are you happy with dolphin? : ) ...

Dolphin Smalltalkers in Germany?
Hi, are there any Dolphiners in Germany? G�nther G�nther Schmidt wrote: > are there any Dolphiners in Germany? Ja, hier :-) CU, Udo Udo Schneider schrieb: > G�nther Schmidt wrote: > >> are there any Dolphiners in Germany? > > Ja, hier :-) > > CU, > > Udo > and here. but I'm a newbie. karl G�nther Schmidt wrote: > Hi, > > are there any Dolphiners in Germany? > > G�nther Yes, over here (Hamburg). Regards, Florian Yes there are ;-) My merge from Digitalk Smalltalk to Dolphin remembers ...

RoboCode in Dolphin Smalltalk?
Hi, does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk RoboCode project? G�nther Guenther Schmidt schrieb: > Hi, > > does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk > RoboCode project? > > G�nther Hello G�nther, sounds interesting. Do you want to create a RoboCode-Clone or something which is similar to RoboCode? cu, Yogi Marc Michael wrote: > Guenther Schmidt schrieb: > >> Hi, >> >> does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk >> RoboCode project? >&...

Web resources about - Dolphin on Linux wine - comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin

Dolphins - Spy in the Pod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Remote-control underwater "spy cameras" disguised as sea creatures - including dolphins, shark, tuna, squid, nautilus and puffer fish - allowed ...

Dolphin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dolphins are cetacean mammals closely related to whales and porpoises . There are almost forty species of dolphin in 17 genera . They vary in ...

Wild Derrynane - Common Dolphins Video with whistles and... - Facebook
We give our dolphins the freedom to roam - Common Dolphins at Wild Derrynane The clip you are watching was recorded in 2013 when I came across ...

MiamiHerald.com - Miami & Ft. Lauderdale News, Weather, Miami Dolphins & More
Miami-Dade and Broward's source for the latest breaking local news on sports, weather, business, jobs, real estate, shopping, health, travel, ...

Graham Dolphin (@gmdolphin) on Twitter

Mandurah teenagers rescue dolphin
Three quick-thinking Mandurah teenagers saved the life of a stranded baby dolphin.

Mandurah teenagers rescue dolphin
Three quick-thinking Mandurah teenagers saved the life of a stranded baby dolphin.

Drone captures footage of dolphins frolicking in Secret Harbour surf
A UK tourist was lucky enough to capture remarkable footage of a dolphin swimming with her calf 50 metres offshore in Secret Harbour.