f



Object Arts Down?

Hello All

I was a regular user of Dolphin Smalltalk - I still have Dolphin 6.1 Prof (=
licensed) on my machine, but I haven't used it recently. I thought it would=
 be interesting to look at the new Dolphin 7. After several attempts, I hav=
e been unable to connect to object-arts.com to download it; the browser alw=
ays come back with 'unable to connect'. Does anyone know if Object Arts is =
still active? Do I have to try to obtain it from github?

Thanks for any help

Peter Kenny
0
pbkresearch
11/10/2016 11:24:25 AM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

4 Replies
259 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

Hi,

To check Dolphin 7 take a look at:
https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin

regards
bruno
0
bruno
11/10/2016 12:21:56 PM
On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 12:21:56 PM UTC, bruno.b...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> To check Dolphin 7 take a look at:
> https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin
> 
> regards
> bruno

Hi Bruno

Thanks. I had looked at the github entry, but I thought it was just for those wanting to rebuild the system. It says if you just want to download go to object-arts.com. I am unfamiliar with github. Can I use it just to download the pre-built VM and images?

Thanks

Peter Kenny

0
pbkresearch
11/10/2016 1:20:08 PM
Am 10.11.16 um 14:20 schrieb pbkresearch@gmail.com:
> On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 12:21:56 PM UTC, bruno.b...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> To check Dolphin 7 take a look at:
>> https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin
>>
>> regards
>> bruno
>
> Hi Bruno
>
> Thanks. I had looked at the github entry, but I thought it was just for those wanting to rebuild the system. It says if you just want to download go to object-arts.com. I am unfamiliar with github. Can I use it just to download the pre-built VM and images?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Kenny
>
You can dowload it here:
https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin/releases

Regards,
Andreas
0
Andreas
11/10/2016 3:01:47 PM
On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:01:48 PM UTC, Andreas Wacknitz wrote:
> Am 10.11.16 um 14:20 schrieb pbkr...@gmail.com:
> > On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 12:21:56 PM UTC, bruno.b...@gmail.com=
 wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> To check Dolphin 7 take a look at:
> >> https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin
> >>
> >> regards
> >> bruno
> >
> > Hi Bruno
> >
> > Thanks. I had looked at the github entry, but I thought it was just for=
 those wanting to rebuild the system. It says if you just want to download =
go to object-arts.com. I am unfamiliar with github. Can I use it just to do=
wnload the pre-built VM and images?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Peter Kenny
> >
> You can dowload it here:
> https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin/releases
>=20
> Regards,
> Andreas

Andreas

Successfully downloaded - many thanks.

Peter
0
pbkresearch
11/10/2016 5:31:24 PM
Reply: