Plimbole: Generative Music Sample for Dolphin

There is a new sample application available now for Dolphin. Plimbole is a =
cellular automata "music" generation application that allow you to create, =
sometimes chaotic, almost never-ending sequences of notes. The sounds are g=
enerated by the built-in Windows MIDI sound engine but can equally be piped=
 to any external MIDI instrument.

Full source is available in the Dolphin repository on GitHub but you can al=
so get the prebuilt executable (a nice example of Dolphin's deployment mech=
anism) from http://www.object-arts.com/downloads/samples/Plimbole.exe. Depe=
nding on your version of Windows you may need to install the Visual Studio =
Redistributable library if this doesn't work straight out of the box.

This video and blog post should explain it all.

http://www.object-arts.com/blog/files/plimbole.html

Best regards
0
bowermail
2/19/2016 12:17:16 AM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Nice app :)
0
ISO
4/25/2016 9:30:26 PM
On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 4:17:17 PM UTC-8, bowe...@gmail.com wrote=
:
> There is a new sample application available now for Dolphin. Plimbole is =
a cellular automata "music" generation application that allow you to create=
, sometimes chaotic, almost never-ending sequences of notes. The sounds are=
 generated by the built-in Windows MIDI sound engine but can equally be pip=
ed to any external MIDI instrument.
>=20
> Full source is available in the Dolphin repository on GitHub but you can =
also get the prebuilt executable (a nice example of Dolphin's deployment me=
chanism) from http://www.object-arts.com/downloads/samples/Plimbole.exe. De=
pending on your version of Windows you may need to install the Visual Studi=
o Redistributable library if this doesn't work straight out of the box.
>=20
> This video and blog post should explain it all.
>=20
> http://www.object-arts.com/blog/files/plimbole.html
>=20
> Best regards

this is really cool
it made me bust a laugh
the executable is so tiny
the download was essentially
instantaneous

there was no unzipping the file

one double click and the thing just ran
and that is so cool
that is so cool
I like no install

why the f do we have installs anyways
it's so f express delivery direct from the stone ages

the AppStore is about no install
and this thing has no install

either

i hope i can make good use of=20