Smalltalk Solutions 2004 - Smalltalk with Style

Hello,

Smalltalk Soutions is just around the corner!  Register today so you can
hear Michael Lucas-Smith present Smalltalk with Style. Visit
www.smalltalksolutions.com  to register today.

Smalltalk With Style
presentation
Lucas-Smith, Michael: Wizard Information Services
Monday 2:00:00 pm to 2:45:00 pm

Abstract: Recent years have seen many software development projects moving
away from desktop clients to Web Applications. Unfortunately, whilst today's
Web Applications offer some benefits (particularly for implementors), they
constitute a significant step backward for users. Usability and productivity
suffer as user interfaces are 'dumbed-down' to fit a request-response model
reminiscent of green-screen terminals. The IT industry has again
manufactured new limitations that need not exist.

With:Style WebUI is a 100% Smalltalk user interface technology that frees
user interfaces from the limitation of Web Browsers that were not designed
to meet the UI requirements of business applications. The quality rendering
capabilities of the With:Style technology prove the strength of Smalltalk as
a first-class user interface platform that need not be fragmented and tied
to Java or Windows-specific front-end technologies.

As a customisable XML presentation technology, With:Style offers many
deployment models and even more possibilities for rich, 'hybrid' user
interfaces through integration with Pollock. It fits in naturally with
server-side Web applications and emerging Service Oriented Architectures.
Demonstrations will include XML Editing and Scripting client-side behaviour
with Smalltalk.

Bio: Michael Lucas-Smith currently works at Wizard Information Services as
the head of Research and Development. While at Wizard he has worked on
Smalltalk business applications ranging from an Audio/Visual Archiving
system to web content management software.

He has been involved with computers since age 4 and first came in contact
with the concept of "Online" when he ran a BBS from his bedroom in high
school. His software interests range from Commodore64 assembler through to
modern business applications.

He has spent the last four years using VisualAge and the last two using
VisualWorks. Michael is a co-author (with David Murphy) of the TypeLess irc
client written in VisualWorks, has helped with James Robertson's Bottom
Feeder and has contributed goodies such as StackOverflow and
ThreePaneSelectorsBrowser.

Michael has recently started Software WithStyle
(http://www.softwarewithstyle.com)
with three other partners to pursue the WithStyle
WebUI technology, a Web-based User Interface thin-client using XML.

See you there!

The Smalltalk Industry Council

--
Jason Jones
Knowledge Systems Corporation

0
Jason
4/12/2004 3:30:41 PM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

get solution manuals, solution manual, solutions
These are part of our solutions not shown here , if the solution you want isn't in the list, do not give up, just contact us and we will find it to you email: lsms9[at] yahoo.com it's ls...@yahoo.com we have a lot of solutions manual over 700 solutions manual solution manual Math solution manual physics solution manual Calculus solution manual Dynamics solution manual mechanics solution manual electromagnetics solution manual Thermodynamics solution manual Circuits =2E. =2E. in low cast price .. Are you looking for solution manuals, solution manual, solutions I have solution m...

FTTH Solution,FTTP Solution,Fiber to the Home Solution
Supply FTTH Solution,FTTP Solution Wall Mount Enclosures,Wall Moun Fiber Enclosures,Wall Mount Fiber Optic Enclosures, We are a proffesional manufacturer in China mainly produce Fibe Distribution Frames,we provide Central Office Fiber solutions,FTT solutions,FTTX Solutions,Fiber To The Premises Solutions,Fibe Management Frames,Fiber Distribution Frames, Fiber to the Home applications require a combination of hig performance, i.e., gigabit per second or higher bandwidth and hig bandwidth utilization, as well as low system cost and a smal footprint.PMC-Sierra customers are using FTTH devices in...

2004 Solutions Symposium Series
Registration is now open for the 2004 Solutions Symposium series: Evolving and Maximizing your HP Systems. Go to www.interex.org/symposiums Industry's Best! The event includes 2 days of in-depth, low-cost training to guide you through your e3000 transitions, whether migrating or homesteading. You'll receive in-depth case studies on transition options and hear real-life success stories. Examples of Sessions: -Extending the life of your HP e3000 -Database alternatives case study -Windows and data movement case study -HP Eloquence demonstration -Performance of e3000 m...

A Problem and its Solution -- Microsoft style
[KEYBOARD WARNING] Well, Microsoft sure tries to keep on top of all those problems that keep cropping up in Vista and the likes. And last week, they identified the following severe showstopper: "The words "Friendster," "Klum," "Nazr," "Obama," and "Racicot" are not recognized when you check the spelling in Windows Vista and in Windows Server 2008" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955020 Ouch, now *that's bad*! All those poor Windows users typing "Obama", completely at a loss what the wiggly red line is doing ther...

2004 Solutions Symposium Series
FYI- Registration is open for the 2004 Solutions Symposium series. This is an excellent, very low cost, HP related technical training series on HP-UX, Storage and Windows. There are several sessions focused on preparing to transition to Itanium. Training sessions are offered by top HP technologists and experienced industry professionals. Check it out at: http://www.interex.org/symposiums ...

style to remove all styles

solution or not solution with solve?
Hi, I have a problem with solve, det and sub in matlab symbolic. I'm trying to solve : det(K) = 0 . K depends on 'alpha', symbolic unknowns. Theory predicts six solutions, and I found them. But when I try to check the results using subs(det(K),'solutions',solutions), 4 solutions give effectively det(K) = 0, while the others don't nullify the determinant. I'm very annoyed by this. Dou you have any idea about the origines of this and where is the bug? Thanks a lot! Sig Ponge wrote: > Theory predicts six solutions, and I found them. > > But when I t...

CAN SALE: ACAD 2004, ADT 2004, SW 2004, Archicad 8.2, Alphacam 2004
Hello there. We can offer new software for engineer and designers. We have very big price with any programms for engineering If you order a few programms you will get good discounts Payment by Money Gram (in Euro) or Western Union (Euro or US$) Delivery by Air-Mail in 6-10 bussines days or Express Mail 3-4 bussines days it's your choice. place an order: michael@lavitese.net Top sales: Solidworks 2004 =3cd-rs= Solidworks 2003 =3cd-rs= Ideas 10 =9cd-rs= Pro Engineer 2002 Wildfire =3cd-rs= ArchiCAD 8.2 Pro ACAD 2004 =2cd-rs= Architect desktop 2004 =2cd-rs= Catia v...

Call for presentations Linux Solutions 2004
Hi all, I just received a call for presentations from the Linux Solutions 2004 conference in Paris. This seems to be quite a big thing, with IBM as a sponsor and bigwigs from IBM as speakers (see their web site: http://www.linuxsolutions.fr/EN/home/index.php?site=default). It seems that they wouldn't want a talk strictly about PostgreSQL, but rather about solutions that use PostgreSQL. Main problem: the deadline is pretty close, September 5. Anyway if anyone's interested, I have the PDF of the call for presentations and I can send it to them (although it's all ...

2004 Solutions Symposium
Registration is now open for the 2004 Solutions Symposium series: Evolving and Maximizing your HP Systems. Go to www.interex.org/symposiums Industry's Best! The event includes 2 days of in-depth, low-cost training to guide you through your Tru64 Unix to HP-UX transition. You'll learn from HP's top Tru64 team and the industry's leading HP-UX experts. Examples of Sessions: -Tru64 Unix to HP-UX comparisons -Application migration sessions -Tools, tips and resources for planning a successful migration -Tru64 SAN design with StorageWorks -Advanced HP-UX administra...

2004 Solutions Symposium
Time is running out to sign-up for the 2004 Solutions Symposium event with over 18 hours of HP-UX sessions to choose from. This technical training event offers an in-depth, yet low-cost opportunity to learn directly from HP's top technical teams and leading industry experts. You'll get inside the technology and learn techniques to start delivering increased IT value in your HP-UX environment. Symposium speakers include: Bill Hassell, Dave Olker, Marty Poniatowski (East), Bruce Henderson (West), Joe Lucas, Dan Herington. Don't miss a chance to learn from these experts! Pick the ...

2004 Solutions Symposium Series News
Time is running out to sign-up for the 2004 Solutions Symposium Series. These 2-day technical training events offer you an in-depth, yet low-cost opportunity to learn directly from HP's top transition teams and leading industry experts. You'll get an inside look at case studies and real-world examples that will give you the techniques you need to start delivering increased IT value right away. Your registration gives you access to Windows experts that will guide you though your implementations of Windows 2003. These sessions are ideal for IT directors and managers, system managers, sy...

2004 Solutions Symposium Series
Time is running out to sign-up for the 2004 Solutions Symposium Series. These 2-day technical training events offer you an in-depth, yet low-cost opportunity to learn directly from HP's top transition teams and leading industry experts. You'll get an inside look at case studies and real-world examples that will give you the techniques you need to start delivering increased IT value right away. Your registration gives you access to Tru64 experts that will guide you though your transition from Tru64 to HP-UX. These sessions are ideal for Tru64 IT directors and managers, system ...

Case Solution for Leadership Styles by Konstantin Korotov
Case Solution & Analysis for Leadership Styles by Konstantin Korotov is available at best price. Contact us at buycasesolutions (AT) gmail (dot) com To get Case Solution for Leadership Styles contact us at BUYCASESOLUTIONS (AT) GMAIL (DOT) COM Note: If you need any other Case Solutions of any publisher please send us an email.We can help you to get it. ...

Case Solution for Leadership Styles by Konstantin Korotov
Case Solution & Analysis for Leadership Styles by Konstantin Korotov is available at best price. Contact us at buycasesolutions (AT) gmail (dot) com To get Case Solution for Leadership Styles contact us at BUYCASESOLUTIONS (AT) GMAIL (DOT) COM Note: If you need any other Case Solutions of any publisher please send us an email.We can help you to get it. ...

Web resources about - Smalltalk Solutions 2004 - Smalltalk with Style - comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin

Cincom Smalltalk - Software Product Development, Application Development Tools
Cincom Smalltalk – Our application development tools cut all complexities surrounding software product development thus accelerating your potential ...

On Smalltalk
I'll assume you've already installed Apache and now want to install Gemstone behind it as a Seaside server. Let's install a few things that we're ...

Smalltalk.org&#153 -   main
The first place to link to for Smalltalk related resources. 'The best way to predict the future is to invent it' - Alan Kay.

Smalltalk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation , a.k.a. the "Blue book", a seminal book on the language Smalltalk is an object-oriented , ...

GNU Smalltalk - The Smalltalk for those who can type
GNU Smalltalk is a free implementation of the Smalltalk-80 language. It runs on most POSIX compatible operating systems (including GNU/Linux, ...

SmallTalk Aphasia - Male on the App Store on iTunes
Get SmallTalk Aphasia - Male on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Flickr: "smalltalk"

Extreme Startup, Smalltalk and Server Login Considered Harmful at XP Days Benelux
What do Extreme Startup, Smalltalk and Server Login Considered Harmful have in common? I’ve made some slides to promote sessions about them at ...

Dan Ingalls on the History of Smalltalk and the Lively Kernel
Dan Ingalls explains the ideas that went into Smalltalk, how it was developed at Xerox PARC, the ideas that went into Squeak, and his latest ...