Trouble starting Dolphin 7

Hello everybody I wanted to try Dolphin. So I downloaded dolphin 7, install=
ed it but when I started it a window appeared and said there was a missing =
dll (Specifically vcruntime140.dll), I found it in the system32 folder and =
copied it in the dolphin instalation folder, after that I tried to restart =
Dolphin but it says the application couldn't start properly (0xc000007b). A=
nyone knows what the problem is? Thank you in advance.
(I'm using Windows 7 64 bits)

PS: sorry for my bad english :/
0
Ines
11/15/2016 2:26:36 AM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Am 15.11.16 um 03:26 schrieb Ines Sosa:
> Hello everybody I wanted to try Dolphin. So I downloaded dolphin 7, installed it but when I started it a window appeared and said there was a missing dll (Specifically vcruntime140.dll), I found it in the system32 folder and copied it in the dolphin instalation folder, after that I tried to restart Dolphin but it says the application couldn't start properly (0xc000007b). Anyone knows what the problem is? Thank you in advance.
> (I'm using Windows 7 64 bits)
>
> PS: sorry for my bad english :/

Hi,

Check whether you already have installed the "Visual C++ Redistributable
for Visual Studio 2015"
(https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145). It is
most probably missing.
As Dolphin is a 32 bit application you'll need the 32 bit version.
Remove the copied dll from the Dolphin folder. That's an inappropriate
method to resolve such problems.

Regards,
Andreas

0
Andreas
11/15/2016 4:47:02 AM
Yes, you almost definitely just need to install the 32-bit redistributable as Andreas mentioned. (Confusingly, on 64-bit Windows, files in system32 are 64-bit, with their 32-bit counterparts in SysWOW64...)
0
Daniel