Why Smalltalk? Why Dolphin?

Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above?  Seems
to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you
can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs.

TIA, Steve
0
Steve
4/21/2015 4:29:28 PM
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin 3769 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Den tirsdag den 21. april 2015 kl. 18.29.30 UTC+2 skrev Steve Graham:
> Is there a document or video which addresses the questions above?  Seems
> to me I saw something on youtube regarding the first, showing how you
> can inspect EVERYTHING as it runs.
>
> TIA, Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koOsS-vD-XA
There are several other wideos on ObjectArts site
0
Baquii

Dolphin Smalltalk v. Smalltalk MT
Forum, We have pretty much settled on Dolphin as the Smalltalk implementation of choice (the decision finally came down to Dolphin or MT). But MT does have a couple of features that are useful and productive, and I was would like to know if perhaps the functionality already exists in Dolphin, but maybe not so straightforward. 1. Concerning the embedding of an ActiveX component in a view, MT offers a simple way to execute the primary verb of a control. I can't seem to find that funtionality in Dolphin. I would like to use Codejock's ActiveX-based UI controls: The Command...

RoboCode in Dolphin Smalltalk?
Hi, does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk RoboCode project? G�nther Guenther Schmidt schrieb: > Hi, > > does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk > RoboCode project? > > G�nther Hello G�nther, sounds interesting. Do you want to create a RoboCode-Clone or something which is similar to RoboCode? cu, Yogi Marc Michael wrote: > Guenther Schmidt schrieb: > >> Hi, >> >> does anybody here have to the intention to initialize a Smalltalk >> RoboCode project? >&...

Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk
Hi, For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've made one about Dolphin :-D. You can download it from <http://emaringolo.users.dolphinmap.net>. Regards, -- Esteban. Esteban A. Maringolo wrote: > For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've > made one about Dolphin :-D. Nice work Esteban! I really liked your minimlist approach. I hope you don't mind that I "copied" your design and adapted it for a Screensaver. The screensaver is available here: http://udos.users.dolphinmap.net/apps/doItBe...

Dolphin Smalltalk on Linux...
Think there will ever be a Dolphin Smalltalk on Linux? In particular, on 64-bit Linux? ...

Dolphin Smalltalk News
Folks, Object Arts are pleased to announce that over the last few months we have entered into a partnership with Lesser Software (www.lesser-software.com) with the aim of creating the Next Generation of Dolphin Smalltalk. This new version of Dolphin will be targetted towards professional software developers and will leverage the experience that Lesser Software have built up over a number of years in high performance Smalltalk virtual machines and development tools. Lesser Software's current product set includes LSW Vision Smalltalk, whose virtual machine retains full by...

Dolphin Smalltalkers in Germany?
Hi, are there any Dolphiners in Germany? G�nther G�nther Schmidt wrote: > are there any Dolphiners in Germany? Ja, hier :-) CU, Udo Udo Schneider schrieb: > G�nther Schmidt wrote: > >> are there any Dolphiners in Germany? > > Ja, hier :-) > > CU, > > Udo > and here. but I'm a newbie. karl G�nther Schmidt wrote: > Hi, > > are there any Dolphiners in Germany? > > G�nther Yes, over here (Hamburg). Regards, Florian Yes there are ;-) My merge from Digitalk Smalltalk to Dolphin remembers ...

the dolphin smalltalk companion code
Hi, I got a second hand copy of "The Dolphin Smalltalk Companion". Unfortunatley without the companion CD. Can someone help me with acquiring the code of that cd? Thanks in advance, Has. > I got a second hand copy of "The Dolphin Smalltalk Companion". > Unfortunatley without the companion CD. > Can someone help me with acquiring the code of that cd? I should be able to help, I'll have a look around at home tonight On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:53:08 -0700 (PDT), Malbs <smalloy@gmail.com> wrote: >I should be able to help, I'll h...

Charting Component for Dolphin Smalltalk
All, I was searching for an (affordable) Charting Component for Dolphin. Having found nothing I started to wrap OpenFlashChart (Flash based) for Dolphin (which provided an Flash/ActionScript<->Dolphin script as a side effect :-) ). Reason for this was that I already had most of the wrapper stuff in place due to the Seaside wrapper. I had a few Problems with OFC in general so I tend to use a simlar approach to wrap FusionCharts(free). Now my question: Is there anybody using/needing charting components for Dolphin Smalltalk? If yes - what are the must haves, nice to have...

Dolphin Smalltalk and the new WinRT
Hello, Over the years many of us have asked Andy whether a .NET version of Dolphin Smalltalk could be delivered. Unfortunately, the amount of work to do this would not be cost effective and basically it never really got out of the idea phase. However, with the introduction of the new WinRT that is being introduced in Windows 8, tablets, and Windows Phones could this be exactly what Dolphin needs. Basically the WinRT is an unmanaged. Examination of the runtime libraries reveal that they are built upon Win32 API. WinRT is essentially a COM-based API, although relying on an enhanced C...

[ANN]
Hi, Here's the link to our (beta) GemBuilder for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1.4 and GemStone/S 5.1.5.1: http://www.walicxe.com/pages/eng/gembuilder.htm You can find a general description of GemBuilder and screen shots of some tools. Any comments are welcome. Regards Bruno On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:27:28 -0300, "Bruno" <smalltalk@walicxe.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Here's the link to our (beta) GemBuilder for Dolphin Smalltalk 5.1.4 and >GemStone/S 5.1.5.1: > >http://www.walicxe.com/pages/eng/gembuilder.htm > Great job, nice! I cann...

Dolphin Smalltalk 6 Summary
Hello world(tm), I created an overview about Dolphin Smalltalk 6: http://www.dolphinmap.net/news/latest/what's_new_in_dolphin_6_beta_1.html Enjoy! CU, Udo On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 21:49:48 +0200, Udo Schneider <Udo.Schneider@homeaddress.de> wrote: >Hello world(tm), > >I created an overview about Dolphin Smalltalk 6: >http://www.dolphinmap.net/news/latest/what's_new_in_dolphin_6_beta_1.html > >Enjoy! > >CU, > >Udo Can't view the page it says: You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to login. ...

[Dolphin] Translating Smalltalk to C++
I need a Smalltalk framework that translates Smalltalk (preferably Dolphin) to C++. Any suggestions on how to do this automatically, with minimal manual intervention, would be very welcome. Shaping How about coding in Smalltalk but running as a Windows dll? Check out SmalltalkMT. -Charles "Shaping" <shaping@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:4249fc22$1@news.totallyobjects.com... > I need a Smalltalk framework that translates Smalltalk (preferably Dolphin) > to C++. Any suggestions on how to do this automatically, with minimal > manual int...

dolphin smalltalk community edition
MVC within the "communiy edition" just does not work. I have tried it on two examples: "Personal Finance" from the "Dolphin Smalltalk Tutorial" and "Formula One" from Ted Brachts book "A Companion to Dolphin Smalltalk". I have been able to set up the (model)s on one hand, and the (controller + view)s on the other hand. Yet Smalltalk did not want to connect the two. Silvo Silvo, >I have been able to set up the (model)s on one hand, and the >(controller + view)s on the other hand. Yet Smalltalk did not want to >con...

serious problems with Dolphin Smalltalk
Hi together, I have a serious problem with Dolphin Smalltalk (mostly due to my limited knowledge of Dolphin Smalltalk), and I hope that someone of you is able to help me. It seems that I have to modify a program as one method ("openClose") is not working properly anymore, better said its value is considered as incorrect by an other program. Within the method source for openClose it is written the following that confuses me a bit: openClose: newVal self setPropertyId: 7 value: newVal Does this mean that the method openClose generates a new value for itself? And where c...

Web resources about - Why Smalltalk? Why Dolphin? - comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin

Cincom Smalltalk - Software Product Development, Application Development Tools
Cincom Smalltalk – Our application development tools cut all complexities surrounding software product development thus accelerating your potential ...

On Smalltalk
I'll assume you've already installed Apache and now want to install Gemstone behind it as a Seaside server. Let's install a few things that we're ...

Smalltalk.org&#153 -   main
The first place to link to for Smalltalk related resources. 'The best way to predict the future is to invent it' - Alan Kay.

Smalltalk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation , a.k.a. the "Blue book", a seminal book on the language Smalltalk is an object-oriented , ...

GNU Smalltalk - The Smalltalk for those who can type
GNU Smalltalk is a free implementation of the Smalltalk-80 language. It runs on most POSIX compatible operating systems (including GNU/Linux, ...

SmallTalk Aphasia - Male on the App Store on iTunes
Get SmallTalk Aphasia - Male on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Flickr: "smalltalk"

Extreme Startup, Smalltalk and Server Login Considered Harmful at XP Days Benelux
What do Extreme Startup, Smalltalk and Server Login Considered Harmful have in common? I’ve made some slides to promote sessions about them at ...

Dan Ingalls on the History of Smalltalk and the Lively Kernel
Dan Ingalls explains the ideas that went into Smalltalk, how it was developed at Xerox PARC, the ideas that went into Squeak, and his latest ...