Raffle for Smalltalkers & Smalltalk Solutions 2006

Precision System Design, Inc. wrote to me as follows:

ENTER OUR DRAWING FOR SMALLTALKERS: win an iPod Video or Amazon.com
gift$!

Anyone can enter our free drawing.  To enter, simply fill out this
simple
form (http://www.precisionsystems.com/SS2006/).  We will be giving
away:
=B7 an Apple iPod Video, 30 GB =3D 150 hours of video =3D 7500 songs!, and
=B7 ten Amazon.com gift certificates

SEE US AT SMALLTALK SOLUTIONS 2006:  April 25 -26 in Toronto!

Precision is proud to be an official convention exhibitor.   There will
be
an impressive array of speakers, tutorials, workshops and exhibits of
Smalltalk products and services.  See the convention website
(http://www.SmalltalkSolutions.com) for details.

0
Jack
4/24/2006 4:17:53 PM
comp.lang.smalltalk 3549 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Raffle for Smalltalkers & Smalltalk Solutions 2005!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Enter our Raffle for Smalltalkers! Win an iPod or Amazon $s: http://www.precisionsystems.com/SS2005/ Winners announced at end of Smalltalk Solutions: SMALLTALK SOLUTIONS 2005: JUNE 27 - 29 IN ORLANDO, FL! Precision is proud to be an official convention exhibitor. There will be an impressive array of speakers, tutorials, workshops and exhibits of Smalltalk products and services. See the convention website for details: http://www.SmalltalkSolutions.com We hope to see you there! Good luck in the drawing! ...

Smalltalk Solutions 2004
Hello, Smalltalk Soutions is just around the corner! Register today so you can hear Michael Lucas-Smith present Smalltalk with Style. Visit www.smalltalksolutions.com to register today. Smalltalk With Style presentation Lucas-Smith, Michael: Wizard Information Services Monday 2:00:00 pm to 2:45:00 pm Abstract: Recent years have seen many software development projects moving away from desktop clients to Web Applications. Unfortunately, whilst today's Web Applications offer some benefits (particularly for implementors), they constitute a significant step backward for users...

Smalltalk Solutions 2004
Hello, Smalltalk Soutions is just around the corner! Register today so you can hear Michael Lucas-Smith present Smalltalk with Style. Visit www.smalltalksolutions.com to register today. Smalltalk With Style presentation Lucas-Smith, Michael: Wizard Information Services Monday 2:00:00 pm to 2:45:00 pm Abstract: Recent years have seen many software development projects moving away from desktop clients to Web Applications. Unfortunately, whilst today's Web Applications offer some benefits (particularly for implementors), they constitute a significant step backward for users...

Python from Smalltalk / Smalltalk from Python?
I am currently using a graphical package which is scripted with (integrated with) python. But I'd like to do my programming in smalltalk, thank you very much. How much of a hassle is it to connect python and smalltalk for this sort of thing? Anyone else done it? Is there a recommended approach? Tips? Suggestions? Pitfalls? (I have interfaced with C in the past, relatively painlessly, so I'm not a total newbie with this sort of thing) Thanks. pineapple.link@yahoo.com escreveu: > I am currently using a graphical package which is scripted with > (integrated with...

[Ann] Smalltalk Solutions 2004
Hello all, Smalltalk Soutions is just around the corner! Register today so you can hear Martin Kobetic talk about object serialization in Smalltalk: April 3rd is the last day to get the early registration discount! Visit www.smalltalksolutions.com to register. Hotel Reminder Smalltalk Solutions will take place entirely within the Crowne Plaza Seattle hotel. Make sure to mention you are attending SS 2004 in order to receive a significant hotel discount. Hotel rooms are booked on a first come first served basis, so make sure to make your reservation right away. More informatio...

Dolphin Smalltalk v. Smalltalk MT
Forum, We have pretty much settled on Dolphin as the Smalltalk implementation of choice (the decision finally came down to Dolphin or MT). But MT does have a couple of features that are useful and productive, and I was would like to know if perhaps the functionality already exists in Dolphin, but maybe not so straightforward. 1. Concerning the embedding of an ActiveX component in a view, MT offers a simple way to execute the primary verb of a control. I can't seem to find that funtionality in Dolphin. I would like to use Codejock's ActiveX-based UI controls: The Command...

are smalltalk visualage and smalltalk visualworks similar or not ?
Hi , I am new to smalltalk . I have to work on smalltalk visualage , but I am taking training in Smalltalk visualworks . Is it fine to learn smalltalk visualworks . I am doing this because I did not fine any trainer for smalltalk visualage smalltalk visualage and smalltalk visualworks are similar or a lot of difference is in them ? Please resond as I am going to take trainign today onwards . sangwan.satpal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi , > I am new to smalltalk . I have to work on smalltalk visualage , but I > am taking training in Smalltalk visualworks . Is it fine to learn ...

ANN: Silver Smalltalk
Greetings, Silver Smalltalk is a new Smalltalk-80 dialect which targets the Silverlight browser plugin. Blog is here: http://silversmalltalk.wordpress.com/ Demo site is here (requires Silverlight 3 or higher): http://silversmalltalk.appspot.com/ Cheers ...

How would I do this in Smalltalk?
Let me describe something that I do on a regular basis in C++ to solve a real problem. This is really 2 problems in one, but 1 of them is pretty trivial to solve, and the other is what I'm stumped on. Hopefully someone can show me a new trick. :-) I need a list of global objects that is searchable at runtime, but created at compile or launch-time. For example, consider a game that when the player hits the ~ key a console pops up and allows them to type in commands to change the level he's playing on, enter God mode, etc. These would be done through console commands. Now, i...

Why smalltalk?
I guess it shouldn't appeal to everyone. But I'm having some hard time convincing myself to keep on learning smalltalk in much detail. Instead preferring to focus on lisp-scheme, forth, and to a lesser extent tcl. Here are the reasons. 1. It seems OOP is the main reason d'etre for smalltalk. But it can be done in lisp-scheme, forth, and tcl, and in many different ways too. Considering that there is no one definite way to do OOP, why would I restrict myself to the smalltalk model of doing it when I can have a look at clos, prometheus, xotcl, snit... etc. Those langua...

#Smalltalk
Interesting stuff. The implementation page has use useful techniques which could apply to Ruby too. http://www.refactory.com/Software/SharpSmalltalk/ Cheers Dave Hi, In message "#Smalltalk" on 03/12/14, Dave Thomas <dave@pragprog.com> writes: |Interesting stuff. The implementation page has use useful techniques |which could apply to Ruby too. Unfortunately, that technique does not allow closures, which is essential, IMO, in Ruby. But #Smalltalk itself is interesting really. matz. Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote: >Hi, > >In message "#Smalltalk...

[ANN] SWIG for Smalltalk -- Merry Xmas Smalltalk!!
See: http://commonsmalltalk.wikispaces.com/ Enjoy! Ian --- http://www.upright.net/ian/ Ian Upright schrieb: > See: > > http://commonsmalltalk.wikispaces.com/ > > Enjoy! > > Ian > > --- > http://www.upright.net/ian/ As I understand you also work on a VA port ? Marten Marten Feldtmann <marten@toppoint.de> wrote: >Ian Upright schrieb: >> See: >> >> http://commonsmalltalk.wikispaces.com/ >> >> Enjoy! >> >> Ian >> >> --- >> http://www.upright.n...

New smalltalk website and Smalltalk activities in Barcelona
Hi, My name is Jordi Delgado and I am an associate professor at the Software Dept. of the Technical University of Catalonia (http://www.lsi.upc.edu/~jdelgado). I have translated to Catalan prof. Ducasse's book on the Botsinc system and I have been giving Botsinc and Smalltalk courses for almost a year now. The Smalltalk course is now a free elective course in our undergraduate Computer Science degree at the Barcelona School of Informatics. You can find information on our activities in the new smalltalk site: http://smalltalk.cat though the *entire site* is in catalan,...

Smalltalkers
You may enter your localization at: http://www.frappr.com/smalltalkusers Marten Marten Feldtman wrote: > You may enter your localization at: > > http://www.frappr.com/smalltalkusers There's also: http://www.frappr.com/squeak Yanni Chiu schrieb: > Marten Feldtman wrote: > >> You may enter your localization at: >> >> http://www.frappr.com/smalltalkusers > > > There's also: > > http://www.frappr.com/squeak Yes, I've seen this before ... but I would like to have ...

Web resources about - Raffle for Smalltalkers & Smalltalk Solutions 2006 - comp.lang.smalltalk

An Image Problem
Imagine a library, say in Java, that provided a universal facility for saving the exact runtime state and configuration of any application. It ...

Cincom Smalltalk Blogs - Cincom Smalltalk
Home > Community > Cincom Smalltalk Blogs Cincom Blogs Arden Thomas - Less is More (Feed) Michael Lucas-Smith - Smalltalk and My Misinterpretations ...

Bliki: EmbeddedDocument
... style of code isn't object-oriented. While it may seem foreign to those with a C++/Java background, this style is perfectly natural to smalltalkers. ...

Travels With Smalltalk
By Dave Thomas Reprinted from Celebrating 25 Years of Smalltalk , SIGS Publications. Smalltalk is much more than a programming language, it ...

Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programmers
An analysis of programmer personality traits inferred from their answer to the question “which is your favourite programming language?” Algol ...

FOSDEM 2013
FOSDEM13 Free and open source software developers’ European meeting Home About News Schedule Practical News Sponsors Contact Brussels / 2 & 3 ...

Where Smalltalk Went Wrong
In a recent post, Christopher Petrilli speculates on why people don'tget Smalltalk . This response remains only half-baked, but I'mchoosing to ...

OSGi Alliance Blog
Did I get a laugh out of Mark Reinhold's announcement that Java 7 is further delayed? No, I did not; it actually made me rather sad. Java 7 contains ...

Brian McCallister
... Model 2, Java WebApps, (and callcc, why not) Brief history of MVC and its convolutions, so I can point people to this in the future ;-) Smalltalkers ...

Teaching Smalltalk Globally - Cincom Smalltalk
Educational Institutions using Smalltalk: Argentina UBA - University of Buenos Aires (Universidad de Buenos Aires) UCA - Pontifical Catholic ...