[ANN] TclTkAqua 8.4.9.1 Mac OS X Binary Distributions Released

Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.9.1 Binary Release Announcement
May 4, 2005

I'm pleased to announce the availability of Mac OS X binary
distributions for Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.9.1, the Mac OS X native port of the
Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit; bundled with over fifty
popular extensions.

The distributions are downloadable as compressed disk images from the
Tcl/Tk Aqua file release page on SourceForge:
    http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86100&release_id=325089
    http://snurl.com/enn6

Three variants are available:

* TclTkAquaBI: Batteries-Included distribution, includes over fifty
  popular extensions (c.f. list below), as well as the Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.5a3
  alpha release. This is a superset of ActiveState's ActiveTcl
  distribution (on other platforms).
  Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required.
    http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaBI-8.4.9.1.dmg (35M)

* TclTkAqua: smaller distribution of just the TclTk frameworks, Wish,
  tclsh and html docs (including debug versions of library binaries).
  Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required.
    http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAqua-8.4.9.1.dmg     (4.9M)

* TclTkAquaStandalone: drag & drop install capable, self-contained
  version of Wish with embedded TclTk frameworks (no debug binaries
  or documentation included). Can be used off read-only media and
  installed by unprivileged users.                              (1.3M)
    http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaStandalone-8.4.9.1.dmg

These downloads require Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) or later, and are fully
compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger); note that Tiger already includes
a subset of TclTkAquaBI (from the older 8.4.7.0 release):
    http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/tiger
Mac OS X 10.2 and earlier are no longer supported.

Visit the TclTkAqua binary distributions homepage for more details:
    http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/

Please direct questions and comments specific to the TclTkAqua
distributions to:
    "MacTcl List"       <tcl-mac@lists.sourceforge.net>  (preferred)
or to the distribution maintainer:
    "Daniel A. Steffen" <das@users.sourceforge.net>

The Tcl/Tk Aqua Batteries-Included distribution contains the following
packages:

    . Tcl/Tk                        8.4.9
    . Tcl/Tk Manpages               8.4.9
    . Thread                        2.6.1
    . TclX                          8.4
    . TclVfs                        1.3
    . Expect                        5.43
    . Tcllib, Tklib                 1.7.0.1
    . BWidget                       1.7
      Mclistbox                     1.02
    . XOTcl                         1.3.6
    . IncrTcl                       3.3
    . IWidgets                      4.0.2
    . TkTable                       2.9
    . Vu                            2.2
      TkHtml                        2.0
    . Tile                          0.6
      TkImg                         1.3
    . Treectrl                      1.1
    . Tix                           8.4
      TclXML, TclDOM, TclXSLT       3.1
      TclSOAP                       1.6.7
    . tDOM                          0.8.1
      Memchan                       2.2.1
      Trf                           2.1p2
      TrfCrypt                      2.0p3
    . TLS                           1.5.1
    . TclUDP                        1.0.7
    . TclCurl                       0.13.2
    . TclODBC                       2.5
    . TclSQLite                     2.8.16
    . TclSQLite3                    3.2.1
    . TclHttpd                      3.5.2
    . TclJava                       1.3.1
    . Tbcload, Compiler, Parser     1.4
    + Ffidl                         0.6
    . SWIG                          1.3.25
    + BLTlite                       3.0a
    . Mk4Tcl, Oomk                  2.4.9.3
      Snack                         2.2.9
      TcLex                         1.2
      TclAE                         2.0
      TclAppleScript                1.0
      TclResource                   1.1.1
    . QuickTimeTcl                  3.1b4
      TclSpeech                     2.0
    . TclAddressBook                1.1.3
    . MacCarbonPrint                0.2
      e4Graph                       1.0a12
    . Tkcon                         2.4
    . TclApps                       2005-04-27
      TclDES                        0.8
    . TclTutorial                   2005-03-21
    . Tclkit, SDX, Critcl, Wikit    8.4.9
    . Wishkit                       8.4.9
      CritLib                       2003-04-10
    + CarbonCritLib                 2005-05-01
      Launcher                      1.1
    . Tcl/Tk Prerelease             8.5a3

Packages with '+' have been added and packages with '.' have been
updated since the release of the 8.4.9.0 BI distribution.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Daniel A. Steffen
das@users.sourceforge.net

--
** Daniel A. Steffen                  **
** <mailto:das@users.sourceforge.net> **

Daniel A. Steffen wrote:
> [...]
>
> Please direct questions and comments specific to the TclTkAqua
> distributions to:
>     "MacTcl List"       <tcl-mac@lists.sourceforge.net>  (preferred)
> or to the distribution maintainer:
>     "Daniel A. Steffen" <das@users.sourceforge.net>
>

> The Tcl/Tk Aqua Batteries-Included distribution contains the
following
> packages:
>
>     . Tcl/Tk                        8.4.9
>     . Tcl/Tk Manpages               8.4.9
>     . Thread                        2.6.1
>     . TclX                          8.4
>     . TclVfs                        1.3
>     . Expect                        5.43
>     . Tcllib, Tklib                 1.7.0.1
>     . BWidget                       1.7
>       Mclistbox                     1.02
>     . XOTcl                         1.3.6
>     . IncrTcl                       3.3
>     . IWidgets                      4.0.2
>     . TkTable                       2.9
>     . Vu                            2.2
>       TkHtml                        2.0
>     . Tile                          0.6
>       TkImg                         1.3
>     . Treectrl                      1.1
>     . Tix                           8.4
>       TclXML, TclDOM, TclXSLT       3.1
>       TclSOAP                       1.6.7
>     . tDOM                          0.8.1
>       Memchan                       2.2.1
>       Trf                           2.1p2
>       TrfCrypt                      2.0p3
>     . TLS                           1.5.1
>     . TclUDP                        1.0.7
>     . TclCurl                       0.13.2
>     . TclODBC                       2.5
>     . TclSQLite                     2.8.16
>     . TclSQLite3                    3.2.1
>     . TclHttpd                      3.5.2
>     . TclJava                       1.3.1
>     . Tbcload, Compiler, Parser     1.4
>     + Ffidl                         0.6
>     . SWIG                          1.3.25
>     + BLTlite                       3.0a
>     . Mk4Tcl, Oomk                  2.4.9.3
>       Snack                         2.2.9
>       TcLex                         1.2
>       TclAE                         2.0
>       TclAppleScript                1.0
>       TclResource                   1.1.1
>     . QuickTimeTcl                  3.1b4
>       TclSpeech                     2.0
>     . TclAddressBook                1.1.3
>     . MacCarbonPrint                0.2
>       e4Graph                       1.0a12
>     . Tkcon                         2.4
>     . TclApps                       2005-04-27
>       TclDES                        0.8
>     . TclTutorial                   2005-03-21
>     . Tclkit, SDX, Critcl, Wikit    8.4.9
>     . Wishkit                       8.4.9
>       CritLib                       2003-04-10
>     + CarbonCritLib                 2005-05-01
>       Launcher                      1.1
>     . Tcl/Tk Prerelease             8.5a3
>
> Packages with '+' have been added and packages with '.' have been
> updated since the release of the 8.4.9.0 BI distribution.
>

> Enjoy!
>

> Regards,
> Daniel A. Steffen
> das@users.sourceforge.net
>
> --
> ** Daniel A. Steffen                  **

Wonderful!

Robert

0
sigzero (1319)
5/5/2005 1:29:09 AM

Daniel A. Steffen wrote:
> Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.9.1 Binary Release Announcement
> May 4, 2005

> The Tcl/Tk Aqua Batteries-Included distribution contains the following
> packages:
>

>     + BLTlite                       3.0a

> Enjoy!

Just out of curiosity, what is BLTlite - from the SF page it
link to the BLT project page, so is it all of BLT or just a subset?
If a subset, what parts are included ?

Thanks for all the work on this.

Bruce

0
bruce-news (900)
5/5/2005 4:50:25 PM
Dear Daniel,

Since you are involved with the Mac OS X binary distribution
of Tcl/Tk, can you please help me on how the TkHtml sources can be
compiled under this platform?

Can you simply recompile TkHtml and send me all the output make
prints on the terminal?

I am asking this because I have been trying for a month now to build
it, but with no success. Either the produced library simply crashes
Tk or I got linker errors. However, I can see that the BI distribution
contains a binary for tkhtml, so there must be away to build the binary :-)

I tried to find some help in both this newsgroup & the tclaqual-users
mailing
list, but nobody seems to know how to build it.

Is it possible to find this build messages? (I want to see the options
given to gcc/ld).

Best regards,

George

"Daniel A. Steffen" <das@users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>    http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/
>
> Please direct questions and comments specific to the TclTkAqua
> distributions to:
>    "MacTcl List"       <tcl-mac@lists.sourceforge.net>  (preferred)
> or to the distribution maintainer:
>    "Daniel A. Steffen" <das@users.sourceforge.net>
>

> The Tcl/Tk Aqua Batteries-Included distribution contains the following
> packages:
>
>    . Tcl/Tk                        8.4.9
>    . Tcl/Tk Manpages               8.4.9
>    . Thread                        2.6.1
>    . TclX                          8.4
>    . TclVfs                        1.3
>    . Expect                        5.43
>    . Tcllib, Tklib                 1.7.0.1
>    . BWidget                       1.7
>      Mclistbox                     1.02
>    . XOTcl                         1.3.6
>    . IncrTcl                       3.3
>    . IWidgets                      4.0.2
>    . TkTable                       2.9
>    . Vu                            2.2
>      TkHtml                        2.0
>    . Tile                          0.6
>      TkImg                         1.3
>    . Treectrl                      1.1
>    . Tix                           8.4
>      TclXML, TclDOM, TclXSLT       3.1
>      TclSOAP                       1.6.7
>    . tDOM                          0.8.1
>      Memchan                       2.2.1
>      Trf                           2.1p2
>      TrfCrypt                      2.0p3
>    . TLS                           1.5.1
>    . TclUDP                        1.0.7
>    . TclCurl                       0.13.2
>    . TclODBC                       2.5
>    . TclSQLite                     2.8.16
>    . TclSQLite3                    3.2.1
>    . TclHttpd                      3.5.2
>    . TclJava                       1.3.1
>    . Tbcload, Compiler, Parser     1.4
>    + Ffidl                         0.6
>    . SWIG                          1.3.25
>    + BLTlite                       3.0a
>    . Mk4Tcl, Oomk                  2.4.9.3
>      Snack                         2.2.9
>      TcLex                         1.2
>      TclAE                         2.0
>      TclAppleScript                1.0
>      TclResource                   1.1.1
>    . QuickTimeTcl                  3.1b4
>      TclSpeech                     2.0
>    . TclAddressBook                1.1.3
>    . MacCarbonPrint                0.2
>      e4Graph                       1.0a12
>    . Tkcon                         2.4
>    . TclApps                       2005-04-27
>      TclDES                        0.8
>    . TclTutorial                   2005-03-21
>    . Tclkit, SDX, Critcl, Wikit    8.4.9
>    . Wishkit                       8.4.9
>      CritLib                       2003-04-10
>    + CarbonCritLib                 2005-05-01
>      Launcher                      1.1
>    . Tcl/Tk Prerelease             8.5a3
>
> Packages with '+' have been added and packages with '.' have been
> updated since the release of the 8.4.9.0 BI distribution.
>

> Enjoy!
>

> Regards,
> Daniel A. Steffen
> das@users.sourceforge.net
>
> --
> ** Daniel A. Steffen                  **

petasis (1405)
5/6/2005 9:19:57 AM
>From the wiki:

   BLT recently included BLTlite - a Tcl only version of its library
         including the bgexec, spline, tree, vector, bltdebug, and
watch
         commands.  BLTlite is automatically used when a Tcl
application
         does a package require for BLT without having Tk available.

Steve

0
steve6730 (4)
5/6/2005 8:30:49 PM
Georgios,

In article <d5fcru$214g$1@ulysses.noc.ntua.gr>, Georgios Petasis
<petasis@iit.demokritos.gr> wrote:

> Since you are involved with the Mac OS X binary distribution
> of Tcl/Tk, can you please help me on how the TkHtml sources can be
> compiled under this platform?
>
> Can you simply recompile TkHtml and send me all the output make
> prints on the terminal?
>
> I am asking this because I have been trying for a month now to build
> it, but with no success. Either the produced library simply crashes
> Tk or I got linker errors. However, I can see that the BI distribution
> contains a binary for tkhtml, so there must be away to build the binary :-)
>
> I tried to find some help in both this newsgroup & the tclaqual-users
> mailing
> list, but nobody seems to know how to build it.

the tcl-mac@lists.sourceforge.net is the best forum for this, the
tcltkaqua-users list is intended for questions about the _distribution_
not the individual components...

> Is it possible to find this build messages? (I want to see the options
> given to gcc/ld).

as I've told you before, you'll need my patch
   http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/8.4.9.1/patches/htmlwidget.diff
make sure you rerun autoconf-2.13 after applying this

the tcltkaqua makefile shows how I build tkhtml:
   http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/8.4.9.1/GNUmakefile

in essence, this shows that there is nothing special needed for
htmlwidget, all you do is the usual TEA configure/make on OSX:
   configure \
        --libdir=/Library/Tcl \
        --with-tcl=/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework \
        --with-tclinclude/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers \
        --with-tk=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework \
        --with-tkinclude=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers \
        --enable-threads
   make
   sudo make install

this is the same as for any other TEA extension (c.f. google and the
tcl-mac archives for many many previous questions and answers on this)

HTH

Cheers,

Daniel

--
** Daniel A. Steffen     **  "And now to something completely
** Dept. of Mathematics  **   different"    Monty Python

In article <l9see.4$x5.2@dfw-service2.ext.ray.com>, Bruce Hartweg
<bruce-news@hartweg.us> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, what is BLTlite - from the SF page it
> link to the BLT project page, so is it all of BLT or just a subset?
> If a subset, what parts are included ?

as others have already mentioned, BLTlite is just the parts of BLT that
only require Tcl.
the TkAqua port of BLT is still unfinished, see the
tcl-mac@lists.sourceforge.net archives for details on what still needs
to be done; help is needed to make progress on this, I won't have any
time to spend on this in the forseeable future.

Cheers,

Daniel

--
** Daniel A. Steffen     **  "And now to something completely
** Dept. of Mathematics  **   different"    Monty Python
** Macquarie University  **  <mailto:steffen@maths.mq.edu.au>
** NSW 2109 Australia    **  <http://www.maths.mq.edu.au/~steffen/>
0
steffen75 (34)

[ANN] TclTkAqua 8.4.9 Mac OS X Binary Distributions Released
Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.9 Binary Release Announcement Dec 8, 2004 I'm pleased to announce the availability of Mac OS X binary distributions for Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.9, the Mac OS X native port of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit; bundled with over fifty popular extensions. The distributions are downloadable as compressed disk images from the Tcl/Tk Aqua file release page on SourceForge: http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86100&release_id=288380 http://snurl.com/b7bc Three variants are available: * TclTkAquaBI: Batteries-Included distribution, includes over fifty popular extensions (c.f. list below), as well as the Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.5a2 alpha release. This is a superset of ActiveState's ActiveTcl distribution (on other platforms). Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required. http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaBI-8.4.9.0.dmg (33.5M) * TclTkAqua: smaller distribution of just the TclTk frameworks, Wish, tclsh and html docs (including debug versions of library binaries). Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required. http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAqua-8.4.9.dmg (4.9M) * TclTkAquaStandalone: drag & drop install capable, self-contained version of Wish with embedded TclTk frameworks (no debug binaries or documentation included). Can be used off read-only media and installed by unprivileged users. (1.3M) http://prdo...

[ANN] TclTkAqua 8.4.6.1 Mac OS X Binary Distributions Released
Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.6.1 Binary Release Announcement May 20, 2004 I'm pleased to announce the availability of Mac OS X binary distributions for Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.6.1, the Mac OS X native port of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit; bundled with fifty popular extensions. The distributions are downloadable as compressed disk images from the Tcl/Tk Aqua file release page on SourceForge: http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86100&release_id=219460 http://tinyurl.com/2nj7a Three variants are available: * TclTkAquaBI: Batteries-Included distribution, includes fifty popular extensions (c.f. list below). This is a superset of ActiveState's ActiveTcl distribution (on other platforms). Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required. http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaBI-8.4.6.1.dmg (31.8M) * TclTkAqua: smaller distribution of just the TclTk frameworks, Wish, tclsh and html docs (including debug versions of library binaries). Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required. http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAqua-8.4.6.dmg (4.9M) * TclTkAquaStandalone: drag & drop install capable, self-contained version of Wish with embedded TclTk frameworks (no debug binaries or documentation included). Can be used off read-only media and installed by unprivileged users. (1.7M) http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaStandalo...

[ANN] TclTkAqua 8.4.10 Mac OS X Binary Distributions Released
Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.10 Binary Release Announcement June 6, 2005 I'm pleased to announce the availability of Mac OS X binary distributions for Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.10, the Mac OS X native port of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit; bundled with over fifty popular extensions. The distributions are downloadable as compressed disk images from the Tcl/Tk Aqua file release page on SourceForge: http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86100&release_id=332919 http://snurl.com/fe3y Three variants are available: * TclTkAquaBI: Batteries-Included distribution, includes over fifty popular extensions (c.f. list below), as well as the Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.5a3 alpha release. This is a superset of ActiveState's ActiveTcl distribution (on other platforms). Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required. http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaBI-8.4.10.0.dmg (38M) * TclTkAqua: smaller distribution of just the Tcl/Tk frameworks, Wish, tclsh and html docs (including debug versions of library binaries). Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required. http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAqua-8.4.10.dmg (5M) * TclTkAquaStandalone: drag & drop install capable, self-contained version of Wish with embedded Tcl/Tk frameworks (no debug binaries or documentation included). Can be used off read-only media and installed by unprivileged users. (1.3M) http://...

[ANN] TclTkAqua 8.4.7 Mac OS X Binary Distributions Released
Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.7 Binary Release Announcement Aug 3, 2004 I'm pleased to announce the availability of Mac OS X binary distributions for Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.7, the Mac OS X native port of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit; bundled with fifty popular extensions. The distributions are downloadable as compressed disk images from the Tcl/Tk Aqua file release page on SourceForge: http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86100&release_id=256960 http://tinyurl.com/4lbsg Three variants are available: * TclTkAquaBI: Batteries-Included distribution, includes fifty popular extensions (c.f. list below). This is a superset of ActiveState's ActiveTcl distribution (on other platforms). Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required. http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaBI-8.4.7.0.dmg (30.2M) * TclTkAqua: smaller distribution of just the TclTk frameworks, Wish, tclsh and html docs (including debug versions of library binaries). Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required. http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAqua-8.4.7.dmg (4.9M) * TclTkAquaStandalone: drag & drop install capable, self-contained version of Wish with embedded TclTk frameworks (no debug binaries or documentation included). Can be used off read-only media and installed by unprivileged users. (1.3M) http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaStandalone-8.4.7.dmg ...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

[ANN] TclTkAqua 8.4.5 Mac OS X binary distributions available
Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.5 Binary Release Announcement Feb 4, 2004 I'm pleased to announce the availability of Mac OS X binary distributions for Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.5, the Mac OS X native port of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit; bundled with fifty popular extensions. The distributions are downloadable as compressed disk images from the Tcl/Tk Aqua file release page on Sourceforge: http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=86100&release_id=214648 Three variants are available: * TclTkAquaBI: Batteries-Included distribution, includes fifty popular extensions (c.f. list below). This is a superset of ActiveState's ActiveTcl distribution (on other platforms). Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required. http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaBI-8.4.5.0.dmg (18.4M) * TclTkAqua: smaller distribution of just the TclTk frameworks, Wish, tclsh and html docs (including debug versions of the frameworks). Installs in systemwide locations, administrator password required. http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAqua-8.4.5.dmg (4.8M) * TclTkAquaStandalone: drag & drop install capable, self-contained version of Wish with embedded TclTk frameworks (no debug frameworks or documentation included). Can be used off read-only media and installed by unprivileged users. (1.7M) http://prdownloads.sf.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAquaStandalone-8.4.5.dmg Note that these distributions r...

ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.8.1-0.9.8j now also for Mac OS X
________________________________________________________________________ ANNOUNCING eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution Version 0.8.1-0.9.8j An easy to install and use repackaged distribution of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL - available on Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading: http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.8.1-0.9.8j-1-GA.html ________________________________________________________________________ INTRODUCTION The eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution includes everything you need to get started with SSL in Python. It comes with an easy to use installer that includes the most recent OpenSSL library versions in pre-compiled form. pyOpenSSL is an open-source Python add-on (http://pyopenssl.sf.net/) that allows writing SSL aware networking applications as well as certificate management tools. OpenSSL is an open-source implementation of the SSL protocol (http://www.openssl.org/). For more information, please see the product page: http://www.egenix.com/products/python/pyOpenSSL/ ________________________________________________________________________ NEWS This new release of the eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution fixes a serious problem in pyOpenSSL 0.8 related to threaded applications. The problem causes invalid thread...

Ruby 1.8.0 and Mac OS X and Tcl/Tk 8.4 Aqua (not!)
My trials with Ruby and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X Ruby is 1.8.0 preview 7 Tcl/Tk 8.4 is the recent TclTk-Aqua build for that native OSX Aqua look Mac OS X is 10.2.3 (1) 'configure' wasn't finding Tcl/Tk, so I hacked up an OSX-only version of ext/tcltklib/extconf.rb with hard-coded parameters (which might be OK because of the frameworks) ========= # extconf.rb for tcltklib # HACKED for Mac OS X !!! require 'mkmf' if RUBY_PLATFORM !~ /mswin32|mingw|cygwin|bccwin32/ have_library("nsl", "t_open") have_library("socket&q...

ANN: RubyInstaller - Release Candidate 2
I'm pleased to announce the second Release Candidate of the latest RubyInstaller packages. For those not already familiar with RubyInstaller, these versions continue the great work started with the original One-Click Installers by providing both 1.8 and 1.9 versions of MRI Ruby for Windows. RubyInstaller now uses a different compilation tool than the legacy One-Click Installers. As a result, when combined with our optional Development Kit, it is now possible to install RubyGems that, until today, were not readily or easily available to Windows users. This release also focuses on improvi...

Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1]
------_=_NextPart_001_01C755D2.E5708505 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Looking at the code in Mac/Carbon/FileDlg.cpp, at NavEventProc, in response to the kNavCBPopupMenuSelect event, I noticed that the code takes the LAST extension from the filter and attaches it to the file. I find this a bit strange, and I would expect the FIRST extension of each file type to be the most dominant one, so that it's used as the default extension if none is supplied. Is there any reason for using the last extension (o...

ANN: Ayam 1.9 Pre-Release for Mac OS X / Aqua
Hi, Ayam is a free 3D modelling environment for the RenderMan interface. In the last months many problems were solved in the Aqua version of Ayam so that it is now available as a first class application on the Mac OS X platform (with more or less complete integration into the UI wrt icons, document types, installation method via DMG, AppleScript support). Since we may have overlooked one or the other small thing, a pre-release version of Ayam1.9 on Mac OS X Aqua is now available for download and testing. See http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ayam/ayam1.9pre.dmg.gz?download for download, and http://www.ayam3d.org/ for more information about the project. Please give it a try and mail us your suggestions so that we may consider them for final release. best regards, Randolf, -- http://www.ayam3d.org/ Reconstruct the World! ...

ANN: GCC 4.9.1 for Mac OS X Mavericks and Yosemite
GCC 4.9.1 is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuada/files/GNAT_GCC%20Mac%20OS%20X/4.9.1/ It was built on Mavericks and is compatible with Yosemite. The README: This is GCC 4.9.1 built for Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.5, Darwin 13.5.0), with Xcode 6.0.1. gcc-4.9.1-x86_64-apple-darwin13.tar.bz2 ======================================= Compilers included: Ada, C, C++, Objective C, Objective C++, Fortran. Tools included: Full GPL: ASIS, AUnit, GDB, GNATColl, and GPRbuild from GNAT GPL 2014. GPL with Runtime Library Exception[1]: XMLAda from the public SVN ...

RE: Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1]
OK, I will fix this, and send a patch. > -----Original Message----- > From: Vadim Zeitlin [mailto:vadim@wxwindows.org] > Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:38 PM > To: wx-users@lists.wxwidgets.org > Subject: Re: Mac file dialog extensions [2.8.1, Mac OS-X, xCode 2.4.1] >=20 > On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:11:23 +0200 Yaron Tadmor <YaronT@HumanEyes.com> > wrote: >=20 > YT> Looking at the code in Mac/Carbon/FileDlg.cpp, at NavEventProc, in > YT> response to the kNavCBPopupMenuSelect event, I noticed that the code > YT> takes the LAST extens...

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. > > I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... I *really* doubt it. 10.0 PPC doesn't run OS X Server 1.0 PPC binaries, does it? -- "This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table." -- George W. Bush in Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005 ZnU <znu@fake.invalid> wrote: > In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, > ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > > > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. > > > > I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... > > I *really* doubt it. 10.0 PPC doesn't run OS X Server 1.0 PPC binaries, > does it? I think i...

Binary (dmg) for Ruby 1.8.4 on OS X 10.4?
Hello, I would like to upgrade Ruby from 1.8.2 to 1.8.4 on OS X 10.4 and am wondering if there's a binary (dmg) file I can use to save me compiling. I'm sure I used one when I installed 1.8.2. Does anybody know of a dmg file for 1.8.4? Thanks in advance. Keith Pitty -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Mar 29, 2006, at 7:42 AM, Keith Pitty wrote: > Does anybody know of a dmg file for 1.8.4? This was created using darwinports -- port mpkg ruby, which creates an installer for ruby and all it's dependencies. It will install to / opt/local. If you ever plan o...

[ANN] RubyInstaller Release Candidate 1
I'm pleased to announce the first Release Candidate of the latest RubyInstaller packages. For those not already familiar with RubyInstaller, these versions continue the great work started with the original One-Click Installers by providing both 1.8 and 1.9 versions of MRI Ruby for Windows. RubyInstaller now uses a different compilation tool than the legacy One-Click Installers. As a result, when combined with our optional Development Kit, it is now possible to install RubyGems that, until today, were not readily or easily available to Windows users. This release also focuses on improvin...

Strange Problem with ActiveState Tcl 8.4 in MAC OS X 10.4
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx1.jpg http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx2.jpg In Mac OS X 10.4.11 I am having a problem with ActiveTCl's 8.4 graying out certain .TCL files when I try to select a source file when running wish in the GUI. Please see the links above to see the grayed out file names. I am trying to load bcd396t.tcl source file but that is grayed out. I have tried changing the first few lines of the file that had some bash scripting in them. And translated the text from mac to unix and even tried windows code with the same results. It seems to occur after I edit a .tcl file and save it. The other normal tcl files that I can select have not been edited. If I run the bcd396t.tcl file from /usr/local/bin/wish bcd396t.tcl it works fine and there are no errors. I don't have any problems in Win32 XP/Vista or Linux Fedora/Ubuntu either. I just can't figure out what is graying out the file on Mac OS X. Does anyone have any ideas? -- Best Regards, Keith kilowattradio at gmail.com Keith wrote: > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx1.jpg > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/tcltkmac_osx2.jpg > > In Mac OS X 10.4.11 I am having a problem with ActiveTCl's > 8.4 graying out certain .TCL files when I try to select > a source file when running wish in the GUI. > > Please see the links above to see the grayed out file names. > > I am trying to load bcd396...

[ANN] RubyInstaller: 1.8.7-p299, 1.9.1-p429 and 1.9.2-rc1 installers and packages released
Hello, Wanted to inform that RubyInstaller project released installers and packages for 1.8.7-p299 and 1.9.1-p429, available as usual at RubyForge: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3D167 We have also uploaded 1.9.2-rc1 into experimental section of the same group download page. Regards, --=20 Luis Lavena AREA 17 - Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away. Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry ...

CW 8.3/CW 9.4 Mac OS X 10.4 problem
Hi After installing 10.4 I can not drag and drop files into the IDE window anymore I tried c/c++/java files in 8.3 and c/c++ in 9.4 Is there workaround for that? However I can add files from he Project->Add files without any problem Actually I saw that problem on all prerelease builds After clean installations upgrades Thanks In article <BE98BC82.1156%dimamarkman@comcast.net>, Dmitry Markman <dimamarkman@comcast.net> wrote: > I tried c/c++/java files in 8.3 and c/c++ in 9.4 > > Is there workaround for that? MW has said they will release a ...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler sleeps on an anthill." --Afghani /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. On 2012-09-21 3:05 PM ANTant@zimage.com (Ant) wrote: > Hi. > > Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife > like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! > Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 > MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one > from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to > import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his > photo(graph)s? I rec...

[wx 2.6.3, Mac OS X 10.4.8, gcc 4.0.1] extremely slow wxStyledTextCtrl::Colourise()
Hello, I'm developing a multi-platform source code editor with syntax-highlighting based on wxWidgets. I have a problem with the wxStyledTextCtrl::Colourise() function on the Mac platform. This function is extremely slow on Mac, e.g. it takes about 40 seconds to do the lexing of a file of 500 lines of c++ code, while the same function returns within 1 second on the Windows and Linux platforms using the same version of wxWidgets. (I'm using the wxSTC_LEX_CPP lexer). The problem appears when the user wants to scroll down the wxStyledTextCtrl : the slider blocks and th...

Compiling 8.13.4 with GCC 3.3--error, stdarg.h v. varargs.h on Mac OS X 10.4.1?
I'm trying to compile Sendmail 8.13.4 on Mac OS X 10.4.1, using GCC 3.3. I'm getting the message that GCC no longer supports varargs.h and code should be updated to use stdarg.h. I know this is a long-standing problem, and I used to be able to solve it (with Sendmail 8.12.x on Mac OS X 10.2.x and 10.3.x) by reverting to GCC 3.1. Unfortunately, GCC 3.1 is not installed on Mac OS X 10.4. The weird thing is that the last machine I build this way was Sendmail 8.13.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.7 and it compiled just fine with GCC 3.3. Possibly this had something to do with the fact that GCC 3...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Web resources about - [ANN] TclTkAqua 8.4.9.1 Mac OS X Binary Distributions Released - comp.lang.tcl

File:Distribution of Average Tax Rates (Individual Income Tax and Employee Payroll Tax) Buffett Rule.JPG ...
This work is in the public domain in the United States because it is a work prepared by an officer or employee of the United States Government ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
High income earners are reluctant to part with their tax breaks in part because they think of themselves as battlers, new research suggests. ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
New research sheds light on why so many high income Australians are reluctant to part with tax breaks. It's because they don't think they are ...

Income distribution: Australia's highest earners think they are battlers
New research sheds light on why so many high income Australians are reluctant to part with tax breaks. It's because they don't think they are ...

Marshmallow barely crawls past 2% adoption in March Android distribution numbers
Last month, Marshmallow finally reached a full percentage point in the Android distribution numbers. In March, helped by numerous OEMs releasing ...

Local Brewery Expands Distribution
Local brewery Pappy Slokum has begun to distribute beer around Texas.

Toshiba Releases New Partner Site for Overseas Distribution Partners in Semiconductor and Storage Products ...
Toshiba launched a site for overseas distribution partners in semiconductor and storage businesses. It aims to advance proactive sales activities ...

Sean Parker’s New Distribution Concept Has Studios & Exhibition Running For Exits
Today our sister publication Variety reported on the Screening Room , a new first-run movie service being pitched around town by Napster co-founder ...

PSA: Grab Celebi today by way of Pokemon's Mythical distribution event
So, February is gone, and as such, the Mew distribution event by way of GameStop cards is too. Now Celebi is up on the mythical chopping block, ...

Android Distribution Updated for March 2016: Marshmallow on the Rise
Google updated its Android distribution numbers for the month of March, showing slight growth in the Marshmallow department. After just barely ...