[Announce]: Registration is Open for the 20th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2013)

20'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2013)
http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/

September 23 - 27, 2013
Bourbon Orleans Hotel
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
http://www.bourbonorleans.com/

I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now
open at

        http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/reg.html

To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow
the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates
expires on August 19 (In 2 weeks). Book NOW.

Our schedule can be found at

        http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/schedule.html

Conference Committee

Clif Flynt              Noumena Corp                    General Chair, Website Admin
Andreas Kupries         ActiveState Software Inc.       Program Chair
Gerald Lester           KnG Consulting, LLC             Site/Facilities Chair
Arjen Markus            Deltares
Brian Griffin           Mentor Graphics
Cyndy Lilagan           Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago
Donal Fellows           University of Manchester
Jeffrey Hobbs           ActiveState Software Inc.
Kevin Kenny             GE Global Research Center
Larry Virden
Mike Doyle              National Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago
Ron Fox                 NSCL/FRIB Michigan State University
Steve Landers           Digital Smarties

Contact Information     tclconference@googlegroups.com

Tcl'2013 would like to thank those who are sponsoring the conference:

ActiveState Software Inc.
Buonacorsi Foundation
Mentor Graphics
Noumena Corp.
SR Technology
Tcl Community Association

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Con...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Con...

Hotel Room Rate Reminder
20'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2013) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/ September 23 - 27, 2013 Bourbon Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana, USA http://www.bourbonorleans.com/ Hello all. This is a general reminder that the offer of reduced rates for rooms at the conference hotel expires on August 19, i.e. in a week. Book Now! (if you haven't already). Of course registration for the Conference is still open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Donal Fellows University of Manchester Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle National Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Ron Fox NSCL/FRIB Michigan State University Steve Landers Digital Smarties Contact Information tclconference@googlegroups.com ...

[ANN] Registration open && 2nd Call For Papers
Hello comp.lang.tcl, fyi ... 22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: [[ Attention! Registration is open! Please have a look at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/register.html ]] Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Co...

1st Call For Papers
22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Conference starts October 21, 2015 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 201...

2nd Call For Papers for the 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010)
[[ Important Changes: More information about registration at the hotel. Our location chair has organized special social activities, both geeky (FermiLab Tour) and cultured (Theatre). See below for more. ]] 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ October 11 - 15, 2010 Hilton Suites/Conference Center Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 1, 2010 Notification to authors August 15, 2010 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2010 Author materials due October 1,...

Hotel Room Rate Reminder
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 Hello all. This is a reminder that that the offer of r...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

l'C program executing from a tcl script with pipe opened using open command in Tcl
Hi all, I wanted to communicate with a C program from a Tcl script.. The test code i have written is below Both the 'C' program and Tcl script are located in the same directory. The 'C' program is below. I have named it CTCL.C #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int i; char c[30]; printf("Reading..."); scanf("%s",c); printf("String read is :%s\n",c); fflush(stdout); return 0; } I have compiled the program with the command cc CTCL.C -o ctcl So the executable was generated with the name 'ctcl' The Tcl script...

CFP: 11'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference
Call For Papers 11th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 11-15, 2004 New Orleans, LA, USA We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Tcl/Tk conference, to be held October 11-15, 2004, in New Orleans, LA, USA. This conference is a forum to: * bring together Tcl/Tk researchers and practitioners * publish and present current work involving Tcl/Tk * learn about the latest developments in Tcl/Tk * plan for future Tcl/Tk related developments The conference program will include paper presentations, tutorials, Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions and invited key-note talks. This...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

11'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference Audio Casting
11'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 11 - 15, 2004 -- Running -- New Orleans, Louisiana, USA Email Contact tcl2004@tcl.tk At this year's Tcl conference we are _experimentally_ casting an ogg/vorbis based audio stream from the talks in the Technical Sessions. Their detailed schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2004/schedule.html The salient technical details required to receive the stream can be found on the Tcler's Wiki, on page http://wiki.tcl.tk/12643 i.e. http://wiki.tcl.tk/Audio%20Webcast%20from%20the%20Tcl%20Conference ...

ANNOUNCE: ADB and ADBSQL pure-tcl database engine for Tcl/Tk
Dear All, I'm happy to announce today the first release of adb/adbsql. ADB together with the MySQL database connectivity module adbsql are a Tcl/Tk package useful for Tcl/Tk programmers that want to store their data in a database-kind of way with tables and fields. Two (optional) features of ADB that may make it worthwhile for you: * Writing the database as XML output and later of course the ability to read it. * Connecting directly to a MySQL database. The fun part of ADB is that you can either use it as a full pure tcl library, or you can use these advanced features that require ad...

ANNOUNCE: Call For Papers: 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference, Oct. 9-13, 2006
Tcl/Tk - radically simple - radically flexible - radically powerful Announcing the 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 9-13, 2006 Naperville, Illinois USA Learn from the experts, share your experience - the annual Tcl/Tk conference is your opportunity to engage with the Tcl/Tk core team and your fellow peers. The conference program will include: * Presentations and tutorials * The (Active)State of Tcl talk by Tcl/Tk release manager Jeff Hobbs * Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions * Invited key-note talks * Discussion forums with the Tcl/Tk core team Call For Papers You are invited a...

ANNOUNCE: Call For Papers: 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference, Oct. 9-13, 2006 #3
Notice: Paper submission deadline is June 30! If you have not sent your abstract/summary OR you have not received confirmation of receipt of your submission, please send your entry soon! Tcl/Tk - radically simple - radically flexible - radically powerful Announcing the 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 9-13, 2006 Naperville, Illinois USA Learn from the experts, share your experience - the annual Tcl/Tk conference is your opportunity to engage with the Tcl/Tk core team and your fellow peers. The conference program will include: * Presentations and tutorials * The (Active)State of Tcl...

ANNOUNCE: Call For Papers: 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference, Oct. 9-13, 2006 #2
Notice: Paper submission deadline is June 30! If you have not sent your abstract/summary OR you have not received confirmation of receipt of your submission, please send your entry soon! Tcl/Tk - radically simple - radically flexible - radically powerful Announcing the 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 9-13, 2006 Naperville, Illinois USA Learn from the experts, share your experience - the annual Tcl/Tk conference is your opportunity to engage with the Tcl/Tk core team and your fellow peers. The conference program will include: * Presentations and tutorials * The (Active)State of Tcl...

ANNOUNCE: Call For Papers: 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference, Oct. 9-13, 2006 #4
Notice: Paper submission deadline is today, June 30! If you have not sent your abstract/summary OR you have not received confirmation of receipt of your submission, please send your entry today! Tcl/Tk - radically simple - radically flexible - radically powerful Announcing the 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 9-13, 2006 Naperville, Illinois USA Learn from the experts, share your experience - the annual Tcl/Tk conference is your opportunity to engage with the Tcl/Tk core team and your fellow peers. The conference program will include: * Presentations and tutorials * The (Active)Stat...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

Tcl/Tk annual conferences
Is it possible to get access to the documents produced at the past Tcl/Tk annual conferences ? thank you for help jerome suchodj@wanadoo.fr wrote: > Is it possible to get access to the documents > produced at the past Tcl/Tk annual conferences ? > thank you for help > jerome Hello, For the European part, you can find this: - http://www.t-ide.com/tcl2002e/talks.html - http://www.t-ide.com/2003/index.html - http://www.t-ide.com/tcl2005e/results_TCL2005E.html HTH, GS ...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]
hi, where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' or any other good debugger, which i could use? best, s. On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' > > or any other good debugger, which i could use? I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of coverage for tcl. I don't know w...

Web resources about - [Announce]: Registration is Open for the 20th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2013) - comp.lang.tcl

Vehicle registration plates of Bulgaria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The standard Bulgarian license plate consists of a blue vertical strip (the European strip) on the left side of the plate containing either the ...

Time's Running Out for Ad Age Digital Conference Early-Bird Registration
How are the best brands and smartest marketers coping with the seismic, digitally-driven changes rocking advertising? How are industry innovators ...

Connecticut Secretary of State proposes automatic voter registration through the DMV
... legislation to her state legislature’s General Administration and Elections Committee that would establish a system of automatic voter registration ...

$4 smartphone Freedom 251 receives 50 million registrations, to ship 2.5 million units
... over the puzzling contradictions of Ringing Bells’ Freedom 251, the Indian company reports that they have received almost 50 million registrations ...

ACLU sues Kansas over proof of citizenship for DMV voter registrations
A new federal lawsuit charges thousands of Kansans seeking to vote while obtaining a driver's license have been illegally blocked, forced to ...

No drone registration could mean jail
Hundreds of thousands of drone operators could face hefty fines, or even jail, for failing to register their aircraft.

Google I/O 2016 Site Goes Live, Registration Lottery Begins March 8
... opened up the 2016 site with information about the festivities, including when you can register and how much it will cost you. As far as registration ...

Registration opens for the 'Mirror's Edge Catalyst' test run
February 23rd, the date when publisher Electronic Arts originally promised Mirror's Edge Catalyst is coming up. But rather than mope until it ...

Think Tank Sues FAA In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rule
On the last day to challenge the FAA's new drone registration rule, a Washington, DC think tank, TechFreedom, has filed a petition for review ...

YMCA camp registration about to open
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (February 14, 2016) Summer is still months away, but if you're a parent, you're probably already thinking about where to send ...