"plink.exe" hangs on Windows Server 2008 R2 , creates process "conhost.exe"

Hi All,

I am new to the whole Windows world. If this is not the place to post this question please point me to the right one. If there is any better place to ask this question, please tell me that too.

Few details:

I have downloaded plink.exe from Putty's website.
I am executing a plink command from the Windows Server 2008 R2(64 bit) which would execute a shell script in a linux box.
The plink command is executed from a .dtsx package which is running as a daemon job on the Windows Server.
I have accepted the host key into the registery for the linux box using putty and I can see it in the registery.
The command executes when I RDP into the server but does not when I am not logged in. It hangs and creates a "conhost.exe" process which stays there. I can see the "plink.exe" and "conhost.exe" in the task manager on the server.

Here is the kind of command I am running.

plink.exe user@SERVERNAME -pw password ./script_name.sh param_1 param_2 param_3

Has anybody faced/or is facing any problem like this. Please send me some suggestions as how to debug this thing.

On 4/11/13 1:59 PM, nitinkak001@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to the whole Windows world. If this is not the place to post this question please point me to the right one. If there is any better place to ask this question, please tell me that too.
>
> Few details:
>
> I have downloaded plink.exe from Putty's website.
> I am executing a plink command from the Windows Server 2008 R2(64 bit) which would execute a shell script in a linux box.
> The plink command is executed from a .dtsx package which is running as a daemon job on the Windows Server.
> I have accepted the host key into the registery for the linux box using putty and I can see it in the registery.
> The command executes when I RDP into the server but does not when I am not logged in. It hangs and creates a "conhost.exe" process which stays there. I can see the "plink.exe" and "conhost.exe" in the task manager on the server.
>
> Here is the kind of command I am running.
>
> plink.exe user@SERVERNAME -pw password ./script_name.sh param_1 param_2 param_3
>
> Has anybody faced/or is facing any problem like this. Please send me some suggestions as how to debug this thing.

What in the world does this have to do with Tcl?

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC                        |
| Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net                                |
nitinkak001@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to the whole Windows world. If this is not the place to post this question please point me to the right one. If there is any better place to ask this question, please tell me that too.
>
> Few details:
>
> I have downloaded plink.exe from Putty's website.
> I am executing a plink command from the Windows Server 2008 R2(64 bit) which would execute a shell script in a linux box.
> The plink command is executed from a .dtsx package which is running as a daemon job on the Windows Server.
> I have accepted the host key into the registery for the linux box using putty and I can see it in the registery.
> The command executes when I RDP into the server but does not when I am not logged in. It hangs and creates a "conhost.exe" process which stays there. I can see the "plink.exe" and "conhost.exe" in the task manager on the server.
>
> Here is the kind of command I am running.
>
> plink.exe user@SERVERNAME -pw password ./script_name.sh param_1 param_2 param_3
>
> Has anybody faced/or is facing any problem like this. Please send me some suggestions as how to debug this thing.

Not really the right place here and I am not into Windows either.

But have a look via google:
	http://www.google.com/search?q=plink.exe+service++login+failed

my guess would be that you have to assign a user profile to the service
to give it the environment that provides the proper keys.

uwe
0
uwe6118 (423)

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

about "++" and "--"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"out" and "in out"

why "::", not "."

"my" and "our"

"or" and "and"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

errata corrige: "update.exe" not "setup.exe"
Sorry, the correct name of the file is "update.exe" and not "setup.exe" Marco ...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience w...

Gary Sokolich """"""

puts "\\".gsub("\\", "\\\\")

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

Create "to" and "from" attributes
Hi, In an existing centerline road shapefile, I need to create "to" and "from" attributes - NOT with addresses, but road names. for example Main street will have FROM: First St. TO: Second St. There is probably a script or something out there, but I have not been able to find yet. Thanks for any ideas, Lee. ...

a variable "a" and "window.a" ??
i saw a code refactorying onload event listener window.onloadListeners=new Array(); window.addOnLoadListener=function(listener) { window.onloadListeners[window.onloadListeners.length]=listener; } why declare the onloadListeners, addOnLoadListener below window? i think bare "afunc" and "window.afunc" are same thing and available both way. is there a difference? On Jan 26, 12:51 pm, "gg9h0st" <mn9h...@hotmail.com> wrote: > i saw a code refactorying onload event listener > > window.onloadListeners=new Array(); > window.addOnLoadListener=f...

"==" is NOT TRUE "==", WHY?
[CODE START] x=5; y=8; if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) a = 3 else a = 8 end [CODE END] When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. Why? Kindly advise. Thanks. "onemilimeter Chen" <onemm@example.com> wrote in message <g7adrj$5tr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > [CODE START] > x=5; > y=8; > if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) > a = 3 > else > a = 8 > end > [CODE END] > > When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. > When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. > > Why? ...

how to change "/" to "\"
iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. olympie@gmail.com wrote: > iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing > the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. sed 's/\//\\/g' will replace all '/' with '\' srp -- http://saju.net.in Saju Pillai <saju.pillai@gmail.com> wrote: >> iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing >> the pattrern "/" to "\" using ...

"A" is not equal "A"?
I was trying to convert String Array to String A through cycle and than compare the result with String B but eventhough results were the same it returned false. I'am working in BlueJ 3.1.0 Code is: public boolean Method () { String[] Example = {"a","b","c"}; String A = ""; String B = "abc" for (int i = 0; i<3 ; i++) { A = A + Example[i]; } if (A == B) { return true; } } never got true... I appreciate any suggestions how to solve this Den 08.04.2014 10:06, skrev 245dav@gmail.com:...

" | " and "~" on solaris
hi, someone know how configure the input keyboard. when i want "|" on the term i have "^\" when i want "~" i have "^^". someone can help me ? Thanks gege1234 wrote: > hi, > > someone know how configure the input keyboard. > when i want "|" on the term i have "^\" > when i want "~" i have "^^". > > someone can help me ? > > Thanks man xmodmap Hope this helps -- Axel i have try "loadkeys" and my keyboard became as before thanks ...

why have both "." and "->" ?
I used to remember why c++ needed both ? Could somebody help me here ? For example class A{ f(); }; A* aa; You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. Raj "raj" <rajkumar@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:d7fee6d0.0406230748.694b966b@posting.google.com... > I used to remember why c++ needed both ? > Could somebody help me here ? > > For example > > class A{ > f(); > }; > > A* aa; > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++...

Web resources about - "plink.exe" hangs on Windows Server 2008 R2 , creates process "conhost.exe" - comp.lang.tcl