[Tcl/Tk Community] We need *urgent* advertisement among CS students about Tcl in GSoC 2009

Hi! I'm Tomasz Kosiak.

This year I have an honor to officially serve as an administrator for
Tcl/Tk Community involvement in Google Summer of Code 2009 program. I
would like to ask all broad Tcl community members to help us reach
students worldwide and encourage them to apply for a summer
scholarship.

If you have never heard of Google Summer of Code (aka GSoC) it is a
Google, Inc. sponsored initiative to fund aproximately 1000 student
scholarship $4500 each for coding during a summer for ideas freely
chosen by approved open-source organization. Tcl/Tk community is
approved again by Google this year (second time).

We seek opportunities to advertise among CS students our GSoC project
ideas. That is why I have prepared one slide info about Tcl/Tk and
GSoC. This e-mail can be freely forwarded directly to prospective
students or to your fellow university teachers so they can show this
slide for their students. The goal is to reach students worldwide
willing to apply to Tcl/Tk as mentoring organization.

See Tcl/Tk GSoC 2009 in a pill at http://tinyurl.com/tcl-gsoc2009 and
this is the only URL students shall write down to get started.

Official news about Tcl/Tk GSoC 2009 is at http://www.tcl.tk/gsoc/ and
http://wiki.tcl.tk/22182.

We, Tcl mentors and admins, are really willing to help students
prepare their applications. This is what our community is fond of.

As last year we *do* plan to act as umbrella organization for other
Tcl-related projects like Tk, XOTcl, Expect, AOLserver, Naviserver,
OpenACS, aMSN, Coccinella and others. We will try to lobby Google to
assure one student slot to those interested sub-communities. But we
need your ideas, mentors and promotion of our effort among students as
number of slots is mostly proportional to number of students
application received by an organization.

This is urgent as it would be best to reach students before the
weekend as student application deadline is set to April 3: 12 noon PDT
/ 19:00 UTC

Don't hesitate to contact me and Matthew Burke directly. Jeff Hobbs
(Tcl Guy  you all know) is also actively involved.

Regards and Happy Tcl'ing,
Tomasz Kosiak

PS. You can point students to other resources prepared by Google from
which I like the most the MS PowerPoint Slides from Philip Johnson's
presentation on Google Summer of Code at
http://csdl.ics.hawaii.edu/~johnson/screencasts/GSoC2009.ppt (see also
the video at http://csdl.ics.hawaii.edu/~johnson/screencasts/GSoC2009.mov).
These resource are both mentioned at official Google Blog in a post at
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/supporting-students-in-open-source.html
0
tkosiak (22)

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community
Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community. After years of TCL Dev I am giving something back to the Dev Tcl Community. You can download NetpackX including source code at http://helihobby.com/netpackx/index.html and also you may download lots of cool aps and libs here: http://helihobby.com/netpackx/Tcl_Tk/tcl_tk.html I hope TCL/TK continues to grow and special thanks to Jeff Hobbs for his support. Regards, Sean - www.HeliHobby.com ...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

Tcl SOAP
OK - Believe it or not, I have a "requirement" to use SOAP! The last time I worked with this, it did not work at all. So the following quesitons come to mind: Has it improved any - and it is working on Tcl 8.4.1 or later? Anyone using it for connecting to Web Services? Anyone using it to provide Web Services? I will immediately need to connect to a Web Service using SOAP (this is the "only" option), and then later provide Web Services via Apache (1.3 likely, but will migrate to 2.0x if necessary). Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcomed! Dave In article <e45f1db4.0405281105.8d1b86e@posting.google.com>, Dave Bigelow <davidhbigelow@simplifiedlogic.com> wrote: >OK - > >Believe it or not, I have a "requirement" to use SOAP! > >The last time I worked with this, it did not work at all. So the >following quesitons come to mind: > >Has it improved any - and it is working on Tcl 8.4.1 or later? >Anyone using it for connecting to Web Services? >Anyone using it to provide Web Services? > >I will immediately need to connect to a Web Service using SOAP (this >is the "only" option), and then later provide Web Services via Apache >(1.3 likely, but will migrate to 2.0x if necessary). > >Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcomed! > >Dave Short answer: yes. What does "immediately" mean to you? What platforms interest you? I'm working with t...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

GSoC 2011 Tcl/Tk Student Application Period is Open
Hi all. The student application period is now open, ending at April 8 (in 2 weeks). To apply with the Tcl/Tk community use the 'Login'/'Register' buttons found at the Tcl/Tk Community page, i.e.: http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2011/tcltk Mentors, you have a link for your application too. Please spread the word. -- So long, Andreas Kupries <akupries@shaw.ca> <http://www.purl.org/NET/akupries/> Developer @ <http://www.activestate.com/> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

tcl application with tcl application

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

Urgent Need for Lead Developer- Vignette 6 version based TCL/TK
Bill Rate: $40/hr All Inclusive. Duration: 6 months to 1 Year Location: New York Job Desc. Need a Lead Developer with "Vignette 6 version (must)" with the following skills. Want Vignette based TCL/TK (Not JSP Based only TCL/TK based Vignette.) Version 6 experience is must. Analysis, Design and Development of the CMA & CDA Applications. Development of Templates Using Vignette 6. Designed and Developed Templates for Admin module. System Testing. Bug-Fixing and Documentation for all Modules. Developed templates for CMA modules.Created Libraries, Procedures and SQL queries. Narendra Mandravat, Sr. Technical Recruiter ObjectWin Technology, Inc. 2650 FountainView Drive, Suite 405, Houston, TX 77057 Direct: 832-495-4971 | Fax: 713-782-8283 www.objectwin.com | narenm@objectwin.com | narendra_mandravat@yahoo.co.in Deloitte 2006 & 2007 Technology Fast 500 North America Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Oracle Certified Partner A Certified MBE Company ...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates expires on October 20. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows University of Manchester Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle ...

TCL/PHP/XML problem: I need to convert an XML file into a TCL list
My TCL proc, XML_GET_ALL_ELEMENT_ATTRS, is supposed to convert an XML file into a TCL list as follows: attr1 {val1} attr2 {val2} ... attrN {valN} This is the TCL code that does this: [TCL] set contents [read $fileID [file size ${fileName}.xml]]; close $fileID if {![string equal $switch -body]} { # ONLY DO THIS IF THE XML CONTENTS CONTAIN NO BODY - WILL UPGRADE AT A LATER DATE 11/24/2006 - PHIL global serverName if {![info exists serverName]} { global env source ./cgi_globals.tcl global serverName } if {[string length [info procs {URL_ENCODE}]] == 0} { source...

Web resources about - [Tcl/Tk Community] We need *urgent* advertisement among CS students about Tcl in GSoC 2009 - comp.lang.tcl

Television advertisement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... revenue provides a significant portion of the funding for most privately owned television networks . The vast majority of television advertisements ...

Facebook Demo Lets You Test Drive Premium Advertisements
Facebook has created a tool that lets you see mockup layouts of different types of advertisements compare, with a view toward upselling the premium ...

Awful Advertisements (@awful_ads) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Awful Advertisements @ awful_ads ...

Advertising and Advertisements FAQ - Quora
Questions and answers regarding advertising can be found here.

Coca-Cola advertisement. - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
From National Geographic magazine, February 1965.

Hilarious Pepsi Advertisement (Spartacus Version) - YouTube
Hilarious Pepsi Advertisement Mixing Shots From Spartacus The Movie Adding Some Extra Fun To It.

Bus advertisements spruiking light rail approved despite ban on political ads
A union campaign spruiking the benefits of light rail on Canberra buses was approved despite a ban on political advertising.

Bundaberg Rum advertisements on Dora The Explorer videos spark outrage
An aghast father has described how his discovered his&nbsp;3-year old daughter was watching advertisements for&nbsp;Bundaberg Rum while trying ...

Snowz skin-whitening advertisement protest in Korea highlights prejudice and history
Several hundred million women use skin-lightening products regularly, despite a range of possible side-effects. But why? What's wrong with dark ...

First They Came For The Subway Advertisements…
The Nazi subway stunt is a good application of a bad standard.