11'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference Audio Casting

11'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference

October 11 - 15, 2004           -- Running --
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Email Contact tcl2004@tcl.tk

At this year's Tcl conference we are _experimentally_ casting an
ogg/vorbis based audio stream from the talks in the Technical
Sessions. Their detailed schedule can be found at

        http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2004/schedule.html

The salient technical details required to receive the stream can be
found on the Tcler's Wiki, on page

        http://wiki.tcl.tk/12643
i.e.    http://wiki.tcl.tk/Audio%20Webcast%20from%20the%20Tcl%20Conference

All listeners are invited to log in to the Tcl'ers Chat [1] as well,
for coordination and for asking questions to the speakers at the
conference. There will be people in the conference room who are logged
in to the chat and can proxy between remote listeners and the speaker.

[1]     Wiki pages to quick start users of the Tcl'ers Chat:

        http://wiki.tcl.tk/1178
        http://wiki.tcl.tk/2949 (just refers to 1178)

--
So long,
	Andreas Kupries <akupries@shaw.ca>

Andreas Kupries <akupries@shaw.ca> wrote:

> At this year's Tcl conference we are _experimentally_ casting an
> ogg/vorbis based audio stream from the talks in the Technical
> Sessions.

If all goes well, there will also be an mp3 stream available
starting on Thursday.

Details can be found here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/12643

cu
	Reinhard
0
max5616 (13)

CFP: 11'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference
Call For Papers 11th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 11-15, 2004 New Orleans, LA, USA We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Tcl/Tk conference, to be held October 11-15, 2004, in New Orleans, LA, USA. This conference is a forum to: * bring together Tcl/Tk researchers and practitioners * publish and present current work involving Tcl/Tk * learn about the latest developments in Tcl/Tk * plan for future Tcl/Tk related developments The conference program will include paper presentations, tutorials, Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions and invited key-note talks. This call invites you to submit extended abstracts to be considered for the conference program. The conference schedule will consist of 2 days of tutorials (Monday - Tuesday) and 3 days for the main conference (Wednesday - Friday). Submission of Extended Abstracts The conference provides an opportunity to report on original Tcl/Tk research. The audience is practitioners and researchers who are intermediate or experienced users of Tcl/Tk. For this reason, reports on experiences and applications must draw out lessons for other Tcl/Tk developers. Topics include, but are not limited to: * System extensions * Novel Tcl/Tk-based applications * Experience reports on building applications in Tcl/Tk * Comparative evaluations of Tcl/Tk and other languages or toolkits for building applications * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and pr...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates expires on October 20. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows University of Manchester Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle ...

2nd Call For Papers for the 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010)
[[ Important Changes: More information about registration at the hotel. Our location chair has organized special social activities, both geeky (FermiLab Tour) and cultured (Theatre). See below for more. ]] 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ October 11 - 15, 2010 Hilton Suites/Conference Center Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 1, 2010 Notification to authors August 15, 2010 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2010 Author materials due October 1, 2010 Tutorials Start October 11, 2010 Conference starts October 13, 2010 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2010 will be held in Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois USA from October 11 - 15, 2010. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and pr...

1st Call For Papers
22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Conference starts October 21, 2015 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 201...

Hotel Room Rate Reminder
20'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2013) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/ September 23 - 27, 2013 Bourbon Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana, USA http://www.bourbonorleans.com/ Hello all. This is a general reminder that the offer of reduced rates for rooms at the conference hotel expires on August 19, i.e. in a week. Book Now! (if you haven't already). Of course registration for the Conference is still open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Donal Fellows University of Manchester Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle National Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Ron Fox NSCL/FRIB Michigan State University Steve Landers Digital Smarties Contact Information tclconference@googlegroups.com ...

[ANN] Registration open && 2nd Call For Papers
Hello comp.lang.tcl, fyi ... 22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: [[ Attention! Registration is open! Please have a look at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/register.html ]] Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Co...

Tcl/Tk annual conferences
Is it possible to get access to the documents produced at the past Tcl/Tk annual conferences ? thank you for help jerome suchodj@wanadoo.fr wrote: > Is it possible to get access to the documents > produced at the past Tcl/Tk annual conferences ? > thank you for help > jerome Hello, For the European part, you can find this: - http://www.t-ide.com/tcl2002e/talks.html - http://www.t-ide.com/2003/index.html - http://www.t-ide.com/tcl2005e/results_TCL2005E.html HTH, GS ...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

Tcl/Tk Conference Audio/Video Stream
I am (once again) unable to attend the Tcl/Tk conference. But the conferences that I did attend a couple of years back had audio and/or video streamed out somewhere. Does anybody know if that is part of the plan this year? How would I find such a stream? Thanks, Bob -- Bob Techentin techentin.robert@mayo.edu Mayo Foundation (507) 538-5495 200 First St. SW FAX (507) 284-9171 Rochester MN, 55901 USA http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg/ On Oct 7, 4:58=A0pm, Bob Techentin <techentin.rob...@mayo.edu> wrote: > I am (once again) unable to attend the Tcl/Tk conference. =A0But the > conferences that I did attend a couple of years back had audio and/or > video streamed out somewhere. =A0Does anybody know if that is part of > the plan this year? =A0How would I find such a stream? > > Thanks, > Bob > -- > Bob Techentin =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0techentin.ro= b...@mayo.edu > Mayo Foundation =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 = =A0 =A0 (507) 538-5495 > 200 First St. SW =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0F= AX (507) 284-9171 > Rochester MN, 55901 =A0USA =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.mayo.edu/spp= dg/ Same concern here... Too Busy to Travel, but want to watch it (willing to pay). davidhbige...@gmail.com wrote: > Same concern here... Too Busy to Travel, but want to watch it > (willing to p...

Register For The 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2010
Registration for the Conference is open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates follow the link on that page. Note that this offer expires on September 26. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/schedule.html We have special social activites October 15, 2010 - Friday afternoon -- Tour of Fermilab Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, http://www.fnal.gov/ Tour signup is at the conference, Wednesday, Oct 13. A tour lasts about two hours and beg...

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
congratulate RS on press release QOTW: "It's always good to be precise (even better to be precise _and_ correct)." -- Aric Bills "One of the more appealing point[s] of Tcl is that when you follow the evident way you are on the right way and Tcl does what you wanted (I love Tcl for that). But [in some] places, sometimes, the evident way is the wrong way and Tcl doesn't do what you wanted." -- ulis POTW: SMC - State Machine Compiler v. 2.2.0 by Charles Rapp. "SMC takes a state machine description (stored in a .sm file) and generates State pattern classes in a target language (C++, Java and Tcl are currently supported)." http://smc.sourceforge.net In the mood for a little Snack? I'd offer you some wine and cheese, but all my wine glasses are broken! John Cohn is trying to break wine glasses with sound, but hasn't reported any results yet: http://groups.google.com/groups?th=bb54ab607d3ab182 The tail of this thread (started in 1994!) points out ways to avoid all those "global" calls in your procedures (which newbies seem to hate), and refers to the wiki pages about CONST and static local variables. Nowadays we've got "::" and namespaces, though: http://groups.google.com/groups?th=cd3e3422bdf295cd Congratulations to 2003 Tcl Activators' Choice Award-winner Richard Suchenwirth, who, coincidentally, just keeps producing and donating ...

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Some days I hate computers. But then I end up learning more about the dusty corners of Tcl, so I can get some benefit out of my frustration." -- rhempel "It seems that Tcl/Tk does 'multi-platform' write once and run everywhere better than Java without being too slow on older computers." -- js "Tcl/Tk [...] gives you the non-limiting power to succeed" -- Gerald Lester POTW: Mac OS X Tcl/Tk Aqua 8.4.5 by Daniel A. Steffen. "[T]he Mac OS X native port of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit; bundled with fifty popular extensions." http://groups.google.com/groups?th=42d88e6c2f6ae471 How to gray out an image on a disabled button: http://groups.google.com/groups?th=10c3ab232f31a36f Can we make Tcl easier to learn for newbies by including some kind of tutorial or introduction right in the core distro? http://groups.google.com/groups?th=5d2729d33513f15c An important comparison of a few Tcl style checkers (Nagelfar, Frink): http://groups.google.com/groups?th=a13d75781e39baf4 How to take action automatically when the user changes a scale (or scrollbar, or any continuously-variable setting) without a flood of actions while dragging: http://groups.google.com/groups?th=308348f3cf8929c2 A discussion of the pros and cons and hows and whys of storing -userdata for widgets: http://groups.google.com/groups?th=1abb...

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Input handling under X11 is an unholy mess... too many independent groups have devised too many different ways of solving the various problems, and toolkits are expected to support all of the different solutions. It's a barrel of worms." - Joe English "I would strongly recommend SQLite3 to anyone working with TCL and databases. It resolved weeks of frustration in a matter of a few hours." - Victor POTW: ANN: Wiklet Server by Keith Nash A Wiklet is a Tclet whose source code and means of execution are provided on a Wiki page. To see Wiklets in action, visit http://www.kerlin.net/22 For a full explanation of Wiklets, see http://wiki.tcl.tk/16092 ANNOUNCE: Tcl Windows API extension V0.9 Version 0.9 of the Tcl Windows API extension has been released. Project home page, including documentation, examples and download links, is at: http://twapi.sourceforge.net/ This is the final beta before the V1.0 release. Further work for 1.0 will focus on completing the test suites and adding more examples. ANN: AOLserver 4.5.0 released! On behalf of the AOLserver Team, I have the honor of announcing the latest major release of AOLserver: 4.5.0. AOLserver 4.5.0 is a major upgrade including several new Tcl commands, C API's, and resource management improvements. A summary of changes is provided at the end of this document. WHAT IS AOLSERVER? AOLserver is America Online's Open-Source web server. AOLserver is the b...

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "And finally, tcl is lisp without all those (((-:)))))'s" - Eric Taylor "Do I need to learn the tcl lang. or what is the correct approch to fulfill my mission?" "Yes, to use BLT you will need to learn Tcl and Tk." - Gary Weselle and Bryan Oakley POTW: Windows Inspection Tool Set 1.0 Beta based on TWAPI: All the WiTS you need to work with the platform of ill repute ;-). The Windows Inspection Tool Set (WiTS) provides you with cross-linked, filtered views into a Windows system. View operating system information, processes, services, users, network interfaces and connections, file shares and more. All views are linked allowing for easy navigation between related objects. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/f45428323dc1cfa8/ http://wits.magicsplat.com/ https://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=90123 ORBI: or what happened on comp.lang.tcl Re: drag/drop file-icon on tcl-script? on windows droplets on my DeskTop http://wiki.tcl.tk/15717 http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/8b36e69603d062a7/ Re: drag/drop file-icon on tcl-script? alten provides a bit of batchfile Winmagic to make a "bilingual" result. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/ed63b1cc011eb854 Problem with DES (Data Encryption Standard): actually the question is how to feed a bytestream through a blocking ...

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Either you fight against the differences or you embrace them." Bryan Oakley, on Tcl's character "Don't guess, measure." Donal K. Fellows POTW: "Kiwi is a graphic application which displays ... trace logs." Keywords: real-time, portable, pure-Tk, ... http://rtportal.upv.es/apps/kiwi/ If you want an HTTP client connection with keep-alive, you need http version 1.1. The core http package doesn't support this, but tclsoap does. http://groups.google.nl/groups?th=2cb811b38af89ede If you want to compile a Tcl application, that is turning readable Tcl code into bytecodes, your best bet is Tcl Dev Kit. If you don't mind using Tcl 8.3 the older TclPro may still be servicable for you. http://groups.google.nl/groups?th=ba3356f7b80ecadd Although Tcl is thread-safe, using it always seems to reveal the subtle ways threading can go wrong. http://groups.google.nl/groups?th=48e036477d4784ba Who said comp.lang.tcl is restricted to Tcl? It is also a fine place to learn a bit about C and why Tcl is more convenient than C. http://groups.google.nl/groups?th=da1397e0f5d3c5a0 Discovering the location of 'My Documents' is not very hard. It is important to get it right however, as it may not even be called 'My Documents' but something like 'Mijn Documenten&...

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Tcl and PDA make a glorious couple." -- Richard Suchenwirth "Astonishing how hard it is to find something when you don't know its name..." -- Peter Flynn POTW: "Moodss: it's a nice operating system, but to really compete it needs a better spreadsheet." See for yourself all the functionality that justifies Larry Smith's quip. http://moodss.sourceforge.net/ EuroTcl5 is only days away. http://www.t-ide.com/tcl2005e/tcl2005e.html Aric Bills and other provide a tutorial on Tcl's view of the command-line. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/index/browse_frm/thread/6e9fd58a42962ed7/ Donal Fellows discourses on comments http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/f534c6194d05ff33/ Richard Hipp gracefully introduces SQLite as a persistence technology for those with an interest in safety, concurrency, and so on. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/a04f3ffc45963ccf/ Thanks to Arjen Markus for his report from the Wiki(s): The Wiki may be a large set of pages with little hierarchy, that does not mean that old pages are lost forever! Actually, last week saw the revival of quite a few of those ... Publish or perish? - If you have a nice little Tcl program, where can you put it so other can find it? The Wiki is one place, but sometimes you need more ... <http://wiki...

17th annual TCL/TK conference & call for papers
From http://tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ Announcing the 17h Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010), sponsored by The Tcl Association, with help from: Noumena Corporation, SR Technology, Buonacorsi Foundation, Mentor Graphics, and ActiveState. Call for papers info: http://tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/cfp.html I'm not part of the conference, but when they wrote to me to invite me to submit a paper, I told them I'd pass the info along. be gro0vy, tony -- http://www.baldwinsoftware.com ...

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "There's no compelling reason to use XML DTDs anymore; there are a *lot* of compelling reasons to not use W3C XML Schemas. Relax NG is almost always the right choice of schema language" -- Joe English "The big secret to tuning AOLserver is that there isn't much to tune. There's minimal gain to be made by increasing the transmission buffer sizes in nssock, and you can play with the MaxThreads, increasing it until contention begins to dominate your timing. Most people I've encountered trying to tune AOLserver are saddled with slow applications which really don't respond to tuning." -- Peter M. Jansson POTW: Tcl helps Terry Hampton's STORMS win the Association for Financial Professionals 2005 Grand Prize Pinnacle Award. http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=MDA&STORY=/www/story/09-21-2005/0004112488&EDATE=Sep+21,+2005 http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/article.asp?Symbol=US:WB&Feed=PR&Date=20050921&ID=5131428 Is cgi.tcl fit for more-than-a-toy applications? You better believe it is; Robert Heller provides the evidence. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/ec10ddd8afdce9a9/ Epicycloids and wavelet decompositions and lissajous visualizations, oh my! http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/c5b0a2639c3b21d5/ Many models of Starpack development still differ at the level of exact pl...

1st Call For Papers, 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2012
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 27, 2012 Notification to authors September 10, 2012 WIP and BOF reservations open August 6, 2012 Author materials due October 29, 2012 Tutorials Start November 12, 2012 Conference starts November 14, 2012 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2012 will be held in Chicago, Illinois, USA from November 12 - 16, 2012. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and proposals for new directions. * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language Submissions should consist of an abstract of about 100 words and a summary of not more than two pages, and should be sent as plain t...

3rd Call For Papers, 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2010
[[ Get your papers in. The deadline for abstracts and proposals is less than two weeks away. ]] 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ October 11 - 15, 2010 Hilton Suites/Conference Center Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 1, 2010 Notification to authors August 15, 2010 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2010 Author materials due October 1, 2010 Tutorials Start October 11, 2010 Conference starts October 13, 2010 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2010 will be held in Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois USA from October 11 - 15, 2010. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and proposals for new directions. * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language This year is the third year t...

1st Call For Papers, 18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2011
18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2011) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2011/ October 24 - 28, 2011 Comfort Suites Manassas Manassas, Virgina, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 26, 2011 Notification to authors September 12, 2011 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2011 Author materials due October 9, 2011 Tutorials Start October 24, 2011 Conference starts October 26, 2011 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2011 will be held in Manassas, Virgina, USA from October 24 - 28, 2011. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and proposals for new directions. * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language This year is the fourth year that the Tcl community is participating in the Google Summer of Code. The conference program committee would like to encourage submission...

3rd Call For Papers, 18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2011
[[ Get your papers in. The deadline for abstracts and proposals is three weeks away. ]] 18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2011) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2011/ October 24 - 28, 2011 Comfort Suites Manassas Manassas, Virgina, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 26, 2011 Notification to authors September 12, 2011 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2011 Author materials due October 9, 2011 Tutorials Start October 24, 2011 Conference starts October 26, 2011 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2011 will be held in Manassas, Virgina, USA from October 24 - 28, 2011. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and proposals for new directions. * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language This year is the fourth year that the Tcl community is participating in the ...

Web resources about - 11'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference Audio Casting - comp.lang.tcl

San Remo conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Conference was an international meeting of the post- World War I Allied Supreme Council , held in Sanremo , Italy , from 19 to 26 April 1920. ...

Brisbane to host Routes Asia 2018 conference
Major aviation conference will bring 1000 airline, airport and tourism delegates to Brisbane in 2018.

'I'm going to have my say': Raylene takes on Malcolm Turnbull during press conference
Despite the best of preparations and the fullest of precautions, every time a politician appears in public they take an enormous risk: encountering ...

Anderson Cooper grills Donald Trump about the supposed 'Trump Steaks' piled up at his press conference ...
... Donald Trump on Wednesday about the authenticity of the "Trump Steaks" the Republican presidential frontrunner touted at his press conference ...

Here's what to expect from European Central Bank's March press conference - Business Insider Deutschland ...
Most analysts think the ECB will cut the deposit rate from minus 0.3% in an effort to stimulate the economy.

CSO50 2016 conference honors winners
Presented at the CSO50 Conference + Awards conference, the 4th annual CSO50 Awards recognize security projects and initiatives that demonstrate ...

College Basketball Player Gives Saddest Quote Possible After Going 0-19 In Conference Play
College Basketball Player Gives Saddest Quote Possible After Going 0-19 In Conference Play

Donald Trump Shouts Out Paul O'Neill At Press Conference, Gets His Endorsement
Former Yankees outfielder Paul O’Neill showed up at the press conference turned Home Shopping Network program that Donald Trump, a short-fingered ...

RSA security conference: 25 years of discontent and pranks
The first time I went anywhere near the RSA information security conference in San Francisco, it was by way of a prank. Two things I love to ...

Gonzaga Is A Major Team In A Minor Conference
Going into conference tournament week, the Gonzaga Bulldogs were no lock to extend their string of consecutive NCAA tourney berths to 18 years ...