2011 Tcl/Tk Conference is underway -- expert answers may be limited

The 2011 Tcl/Tk Conference is this week in Manassas, VA, USA -- therefore
answers by "experts" may be somewhat limited.

We will have a Audio/Video feeds starting on or about:
      Wednesday [clock format 1319633100]

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC                        |
| Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net                                |

On Oct 24, 9:16=A0am, "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Les...@KnG-
Consulting.net> wrote:
> The 2011 Tcl/Tk Conference is this week in Manassas, VA, USA -- therefore
> answers by "experts" may be somewhat limited.
>
> We will have a Audio/Video feeds starting on or about:
> =A0 =A0 =A0 Wednesday [clock format 1319633100]

Thanks for the Audio/Video feeds. I was not able to make it this year
but am planning on it next. The Audio/Video feeds are nothing like
being there in person, but fantastic for those that couldn't make it a
given year.

Jeremy
0
jcowgar (7)
10/24/2011 1:42:12 PM
On 10/24/11 8:42 AM, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
> On Oct 24, 9:16 am, "Gerald W. Lester"<Gerald.Les...@KnG-
> Consulting.net>  wrote:
>> The 2011 Tcl/Tk Conference is this week in Manassas, VA, USA -- therefore
>> answers by "experts" may be somewhat limited.
>>
>> We will have a Audio/Video feeds starting on or about:
>>        Wednesday [clock format 1319633100]
>>

> Thanks for the Audio/Video feeds. I was not able to make it this year
> but am planning on it next. The Audio/Video feeds are nothing like
> being there in person, but fantastic for those that couldn't make it a
> given year.
>
> Jeremy

And everyone *REALLY* needs to plan on coming to the 2013 Tcl/Tk Conference
in New Orleans!

| Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC                        |
| Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net                                |
Yes, please :)
0
scottdware (18)
10/24/2011 3:21:00 PM
> Thanks for the Audio/Video feeds. I was not able to make it this year
> but am planning on it next. The Audio/Video feeds are nothing like
> being there in person, but fantastic for those that couldn't make it a
> given year.

Seconded.

Keith.

0
kjn9 (125)
10/25/2011 4:21:20 PM
> And everyone *REALLY* needs to plan on coming to the 2013 Tcl/Tk Conference
> in New Orleans!

Ooo... Has NO already been selected? My wife was really disappointed
when I didn't go the last time the Tcl/Tk Conference was in NO. Be
sure and let me know when it is firmed up because I know she wants to
visit NO.

tomk
On 10/25/11 6:27 PM, tomk wrote:
>> And everyone *REALLY* needs to plan on coming to the 2013 Tcl/Tk Conference
>> in New Orleans!
>
> Ooo... Has NO already been selected? My wife was really disappointed
> when I didn't go the last time the Tcl/Tk Conference was in NO. Be
> sure and let me know when it is firmed up because I know she wants to
> visit NO.

The conference will be September 23 - 27, 2013.

On 25/10/2011 18:27, tomk wrote:
> Ooo... Has NO already been selected? My wife was really disappointed
> when I didn't go the last time the Tcl/Tk Conference was in NO. Be
> sure and let me know when it is firmed up because I know she wants to
> visit NO.

AIUI, the plan is:

   * Chicago in 2012 (we think can get a downtown venue without breaking
     the bank)
   * New Orleans in 2013

Both are options I approve of.

Donal.

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates expires on October 20. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows University of Manchester Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle ...

2nd Call For Papers for the 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010)
[[ Important Changes: More information about registration at the hotel. Our location chair has organized special social activities, both geeky (FermiLab Tour) and cultured (Theatre). See below for more. ]] 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ October 11 - 15, 2010 Hilton Suites/Conference Center Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 1, 2010 Notification to authors August 15, 2010 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2010 Author materials due October 1, 2010 Tutorials Start October 11, 2010 Conference starts October 13, 2010 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2010 will be held in Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois USA from October 11 - 15, 2010. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and pr...

1st Call For Papers
22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Conference starts October 21, 2015 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 201...

Hotel Room Rate Reminder
20'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2013) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/ September 23 - 27, 2013 Bourbon Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana, USA http://www.bourbonorleans.com/ Hello all. This is a general reminder that the offer of reduced rates for rooms at the conference hotel expires on August 19, i.e. in a week. Book Now! (if you haven't already). Of course registration for the Conference is still open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Donal Fellows University of Manchester Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle National Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Ron Fox NSCL/FRIB Michigan State University Steve Landers Digital Smarties Contact Information tclconference@googlegroups.com ...

3rd Call For Papers, 18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2011
[[ Get your papers in. The deadline for abstracts and proposals is three weeks away. ]] 18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2011) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2011/ October 24 - 28, 2011 Comfort Suites Manassas Manassas, Virgina, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 26, 2011 Notification to authors September 12, 2011 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2011 Author materials due October 9, 2011 Tutorials Start October 24, 2011 Conference starts October 26, 2011 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2011 will be held in Manassas, Virgina, USA from October 24 - 28, 2011. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and proposals for new directions. * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language This year is the fourth year that the Tcl community is participating in the ...

1st Call For Papers, 18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2011
18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2011) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2011/ October 24 - 28, 2011 Comfort Suites Manassas Manassas, Virgina, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 26, 2011 Notification to authors September 12, 2011 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2011 Author materials due October 9, 2011 Tutorials Start October 24, 2011 Conference starts October 26, 2011 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2011 will be held in Manassas, Virgina, USA from October 24 - 28, 2011. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and proposals for new directions. * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language This year is the fourth year that the Tcl community is participating in the Google Summer of Code. The conference program committee would like to encourage submission...

[ANN] Registration open && 2nd Call For Papers
Hello comp.lang.tcl, fyi ... 22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: [[ Attention! Registration is open! Please have a look at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/register.html ]] Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Co...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

Photos from Tcl/Tk Conference
I've posted some pictures I took from the conference here: http://www.markroseman.com/tcl/conf2003.html Mark http://www.markroseman.com Is that Bill Gates listening pensively in image 7? "Mark Roseman" <mark@markroseman.com> wrote in message news:mark-61A342.14421104082003@news.cogeco.ca... > I've posted some pictures I took from the conference here: > > http://www.markroseman.com/tcl/conf2003.html > > Mark > http://www.markroseman.com "Richard Laing" <richardlaing@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<AsBXa.647611$Vi5.15414...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "The most significant developments that have happened in the last couple of releases are things that I couldn't have predicted." - Kevin Kenny, on five-year planning Gerald Lester explains a bit of the spirit of binding-writing: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/81= 101e16b01c918e Numerical calculations in Tcl? Sure: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/74= e4e7bf736decb2 Thanks to Arjen Markus for his mostly-weekly Wiki reports: Yet another week passed, even more than that since the previous summary. No time to waste therefore! Only human - Though the Wiki page seems set on the start of June for the 10th European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting in lovely Strasbourg, the meeting will be held in September instead because of holidays - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/26620> - Sometimes your imagination is only a bit ahead of reality ... The musings on this page show that in the case of an ideal programming language - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/11444> - Ever felt you were controlled by your agenda or calendar? Well, now you can feel controlled by your agenda and your calendar and Tcl: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/21553> opens up to the halfbakery. - Write code to let the computer write code for you. No, it is not a Quine but a genuine attempt to collect the techniques you can use - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/1021> Graphical tips and tricks and tools - Wa...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Most of the Tcl community won't give you fish, especially large ones, but we are more than willing to teach you how to fish." - George Peter Staplin Ruff! generates documentation. Woof! is a supple Web application framework. They share ancestry: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/ee4c7b7662378c7d http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/2cd6fd866c2bb65d Gush is an intriguing alternative to, for example, tkcon: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/cbc45edff13482eb Last call for EuroTcl! http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/7a3a5bc774e912c0 Multiple mice!? http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/5ab21024daad3ba4 Thanks to Arjen Markus for his (mostly) weekly summary of Wiki action: Just another month and then the eighth European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting will be held! And after the summer/winter season the 16th Tcl Conference ... all information available via the Wiki of course. But now the rest. User-interfaces - A discussion on the text widget's undo facility: how to do it? <http://wiki.tcl.tk/23384> - Is Windows Aero the ultimate thing wrt user-interface styles? Whatever you think of it, have a look at <http://wiki.tcl.tk/23385> for those things Ttk does not yet support. - For those of us who need help to make a starpack, here is a helper program...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Why Tcl? Because there seems to be nothing quite like it, in terms of simplicity, expressive power, flexibility, robustness, portability, scalability, and deployment. I don't mean in terms of each individual issue, but in terms of the combination of those aspects. As a package deal, Tcl embodies a surprisingly clever and effective set of trade-offs. I could probably dismiss Tcl on every single issue in isolation, and name another language which would be preferable-- but no single language can go where Tcl goes." - Jean-Claude Wippler http://news.jeelabs.o...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: Ha, I had a good laugh at this ... while technically true, using it to emulate an existing fairly sophisticated behavior is not exactly a quick stroll in the park. It's like saying Tk is powerful and can do anything - we give you a 1 AND a 0! Mark Roseman on c.l.t http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/b66fda98efc6d65a Thread: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/7a87858d8379ce0d "Tk_Uid is one of JO's less good inventions, alas." - Donal K. Fellows POTW: ANNOUNCE: Windows Inspection Tool Set 2....

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Tcl seems designed to leverage all available resources ..." - tom.rmadilo http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/c02fb0f50446c320 "Why Cisco users need to know Tcl" http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/why-cisco-users-need-know= -tcl Kevin Walzer again releases a valuable Tk-Cocoa package; this time, it is 'tclservices': http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=3D67E15EE1-= FB17-468E-A273-6502FAF0938E%40tclhome.com&forum_name=3Dtcl-mac Thanks to Arjen Markus for his approximate...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Tcl just co-ops the vast infrastructure of C." - tom.rmadilo, struggling to express how important it is to face such challenges as "How to interface with hardware, How to interface with the OS, How to interface with other applications, ..." http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/c02fb0f50446c320 Thanks to Arjen Markus for his approximately-weekly summary of Wiki activity: A quiet week for the Wiki, but still some interesting pages to report. Let the summary begin! Packaging - Here is a remarkable little development, akin to Tclkit: p...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "I wish I had known that people would write large programs in Tcl ..." - John Ousterhout https://www.techworld.com.au/article/301772/-z_programming_languages_tcl?pp=2&fp=4&fpid=4 Richard, Donal, Glenn, and Rahul have pushed Tcl to the top of the Rosetta Code capability list of language comparisons: http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Category:Tcl Tcl8.5's clock is one thirtieth as fast as 8.4's. We all should be thankful to Kevin Kenny for the benefits that cost brings us: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/8fa777a24ca8f3d7 Daniel Steffen has done prodigious work in moving the Mac Os Tcl from Carbon to Cocoa: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=tcl-mac&max_rows=25&style=nested&viewmonth=200905 Real-world measurements are always interesting. Enjoy these comparisons of MacOS involvement: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=4A12F5BF.1010105%40activestate.com Thanks to Arjen Markus for his (mostly) weekly summary of Wiki action: Just two more weeks before the European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting ... and there is so much on the Wiki to go through. Well, let us start! Language things - With the introduction of TclOO system in the core, can we serialize the objects? <http://wiki.tcl.tk/23444> shows how. - Have fun generating C code from fairly high-level specifications ... <http://wiki.tcl.tk/23...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

TCL Conference 2011: Reports, Photos
About the TCL conference 2011: Are there any photos or reports available ? How was the web pannel ? I would be glad to hear anything about it. Thank you, Harald P.S.:I know that one may buy the proceedings on Lulu.com On 13/01/2012 14:59, Harald Oehlmann wrote: > About the TCL conference 2011: > Are there any photos or reports available ? I've not yet put my photos up. They've been sitting in a folder at home waiting for me to get around to it... > How was the web pannel ? Interesting, but I'm not sure that it's going to lead anywhere directly. What *will* happen is that Tclers will continue to use Tcl for doing interesting web stuff... Donal. Harald Oehlmann <wortkarg2@yahoo.de> writes: > About the TCL conference 2011: > Are there any photos or reports available ? http://wiki.tcl.tk/27865#pagetocbc15d805 > How was the web pannel ? > > I would be glad to hear anything about it. > Thank you, > Harald > > P.S.:I know that one may buy the proceedings on Lulu.com -- So long, Andreas Kupries <akupries@shaw.ca> <http://www.purl.org/NET/akupries/> Developer @ <http://www.activestate.com/> 18'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference: 2011, Manassas, VA USA http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2011/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Tcl/Tk Conference Weather Forecast
Highs: mid 80s Lows: low 70s Rain: 40% Chance (average) See http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/tenday/70006?from=mypage_nav for details. -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester | |"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes| +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "[W]e know the rules of coincidence around here... The million- to-one chance will happen nine times out of ten." - ee Alexandre and Donal practice Tcl-think: simplify, simplify. It might look like a problem in remote filesystem access, but, as so often, it's confused quoting/lexification/substitution: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/12= c9ff2b852c36ef http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/b2= d03e80c59cc14c Similarly, [eof] is a FCC: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/30= 9f52b16faf3cf9 http://phaseit.net/claird/comp.lang.tcl/fmm.html#eof http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/cf= 2e2018763ff358 If you're most compatible with, say, Unix's shell, the transition to Tcl can be very, very gradual: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/a1= 2bd53ec276ecb6 Progressbar theming subtleties teach patterns that apply to other widgets: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/72= c600ae54de3e3a Don't let [update] make you race yourself: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/94= 525e7631c35eb6 http://wiki.tcl.tk/1255 Fossil-based life involves a few changes--ultimately for the better, we all hope. Here's how to think about "the latest sources&q...

Web resources about - 2011 Tcl/Tk Conference is underway -- expert answers may be limited - comp.lang.tcl

San Remo conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Conference was an international meeting of the post- World War I Allied Supreme Council , held in Sanremo , Italy , from 19 to 26 April 1920. ...

Brisbane to host Routes Asia 2018 conference
Major aviation conference will bring 1000 airline, airport and tourism delegates to Brisbane in 2018.

'I'm going to have my say': Raylene takes on Malcolm Turnbull during press conference
Despite the best of preparations and the fullest of precautions, every time a politician appears in public they take an enormous&nbsp;risk: encountering ...

'I'm going to have my say': Raylene takes on Malcolm Turnbull during press conference
Despite the best of preparations and the fullest of precautions, every time a politician appears in public they take an enormous risk: encountering ...

Anderson Cooper grills Donald Trump about the supposed 'Trump Steaks' piled up at his press conference ...
... Donald Trump on Wednesday about the authenticity of the "Trump Steaks" the Republican presidential frontrunner touted at his press conference ...

Here's what to expect from European Central Bank's March press conference - Business Insider Deutschland ...
Most analysts think the ECB will cut the deposit rate from minus 0.3% in an effort to stimulate the economy.

CSO50 2016 conference honors winners
Presented at the CSO50 Conference + Awards conference, the 4th annual CSO50 Awards recognize security projects and initiatives that demonstrate ...

College Basketball Player Gives Saddest Quote Possible After Going 0-19 In Conference Play
College Basketball Player Gives Saddest Quote Possible After Going 0-19 In Conference Play

Donald Trump Shouts Out Paul O'Neill At Press Conference, Gets His Endorsement
Former Yankees outfielder Paul O’Neill showed up at the press conference turned Home Shopping Network program that Donald Trump, a short-fingered ...

RSA security conference: 25 years of discontent and pranks
The first time I went anywhere near the RSA information security conference in San Francisco, it was by way of a prank. Two things I love to ...