A Simple Tcl-based fIGLET library (Stiglet.tcl)

Come one, come all!

I got sick of depending on compiled execs for FIGlets. Furthermore, 1) I wa=
nted to dynamically create banners in TTY command loop apps, 2) I don't nee=
d fancy-schmantz features like "smooshing", and 3) for simple banner genera=
tion, a fairly short piece of tcl code does the trick just fine.

So: have a look.

http://www.ronazajac.com/Stiglet/

    - Ron A. Zajac
0
razajac (36)

A Simple Tcl-based fIGLET library (Stiglet.tcl) [new version]
I got sick of depending on compiled execs for FIGlets. Furthermore, 1) I wa= nted to dynamically create banners in TTY command loop apps, 2) I don't nee= d fancy-schmantz features like "smooshing", and 3) for simple banner genera= tion, a fairly short piece of tcl code does the trick just fine. (New, more stable version since orig posting). So: have a look. http://www.ronazajac.com/Stiglet/ - Ron A. Zajac ...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

ANN: Tcl RAL
This is to announce the initial release of TCLRAL, an implementation of relational algebra for Tcl. From a programmers point of view, this is a "C" based extension that introduces two new data types, Tuple and Relation, and a set of ensemble style commands that provide the algebraic operators. The project is hosted at SourceForge and the project page at http://tclral.sourceforge.net provides the details. This is an initial release so the usual cautions apply. Also my appologies to Windows users at this time. I don't have access to Microsoft compilers so it will take me a bit longer to ready the usual Windows binary release. A linux binary release is provided. Also, unix users will note that the build procedures for the source release are sparse. This will improve over time. -- Andrew Mangogna ...

Cannot built PL/Tcl because Tcl is not a shared library; skipping it
For tcl, I've run ./configure --enable-shared to have a tcl like a shared library and for tk, I've run ./configure --enable-shared --with-tcl to have a tk like a shared library. The installation of tcl and of tk work fine. For postgreSQL, I've run ./configure --with-tclconfig --with-tkconfig --with-openssl --without-readline. The installation of postgreSQL work fine. When I am at the location postgresql-7.4.2/src/pl/tcl, to launch make. I got an error message : Cannot built PL/Tcl because Tcl is not a shared library; skipping it I demand you to reply, please. Than...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

Cannot built PL/Tcl because Tcl is not a shared library; skipping it #2
For tcl, I've run ./configure --enable-shared to have a tcl like a shared library and for tk, I've run ./configure --enable-shared --with-tcl to have a tk like a shared library. The installation of tcl and of tk work fine. For postgreSQL, I've run ./configure --with-tclconfig --with-tkconfig --with-openssl --without-readline. The installation of postgreSQL work fine. When I am at the location postgresql-7.4.2/src/pl/tcl, to launch make. I got an error message : Cannot built PL/Tcl because Tcl is not a shared library; skipping it Can you reply to m...

tcl application with tcl application

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version""...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

mojolicious and realtime web, events getting thier do? does tcl do this ? when tcl be epoll based?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRWzhJDyHB8 ...

tcl/expect in inferior-tcl buffer
Hi, I use the "inferior-tcl" buffer quite a bit for interactively running code snippets. I set my tcl application variable in my .emacs to this: (tcl-application "/usr/bin/expect") and it will cause "expect" to run when I do: M-x inferior-tcl This starts the "inferior-tcl" buffer. From there, I simply copy/paste code fragments into the buffer for testing purposes. It comes in really handy for quick testing/prototyping. Unfortunately, some tcl errors will cause the process to exit, and I get the message: "Process inferior-tcl finished"...

How Tcl source finds init.tcl???
Hi, I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for init.tcl? Is there any way to specifically use init.tcl from a certain path? Thanks a lot in advance! Lihong lihong pei wrote: > I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. > What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for > init.tcl? If the environment variable TCL_LIBRARY exists, it's value is assumed to be a single directory which is added to the search path for init.tcl. Note that this is offered mostly as a way for...

dynamic call of tcl proc from tcl
Hello, I would like to invoce a tcl proc from a line of tcl where I have a proc name and a list variable of arguments. eg. % callproc $procName $argList where: ..callproc - TCL Procedure for dynamically calling procedures ..procName - Name of procedure to be called in a string ..argList - List of Arguments My goal is to avoid creating a procedure call as a string and evaluating it as there are many potential pitfalls with using evals in such a way. Thanks, JsD Java script Dude wrote: > I would like to invoce a tcl proc from a line of tcl where I have a > proc name and a list varia...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]
hi, where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' or any other good debugger, which i could use? best, s. On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' > > or any other good debugger, which i could use? I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of coverage for tcl. I don't know w...

Web resources about - A Simple Tcl-based fIGLET library (Stiglet.tcl) - comp.lang.tcl

China-based TCL November LCD TV sales down on year
China-based vendor TCL sold 1.345 million LCD TVs globally in November, decreasing on year by 24.8%, but 361,000 smart LCD TVs of which increased ...

TCL and Philips add Firefox OS-based Chromecast competitor to TVs
Matchstick, the Firefox OS-based Chromecast competitor that made waves on Kickstarter last year, is teaming up with TCL and Philips/AOC to integrate ...

Chinese firm TCL buys rights to Palm name, will recreate brand, to be based in Silicon Valley
Roger Cheng / CNET : Chinese firm TCL buys rights to Palm name, will recreate brand, to be based in Silicon Valley — Palm makes a comeback! TCL ...

TCL looks to expand cooperation with Taiwan-based handset ODMs
China-based handset vendor TCL has approached a number of Taiwan-based ODMs for possible cooperation in handset production, according to sources ...