about using tclapp wrap tcl/tk and c problem

Hi, all
I know there are two methods to develop program using tcl/tk and c, the
first method is by calling Tcl_Main,  Tcl_AppInit to customize the main
program and include tcl scripts; the other method is to make c library
and then load the library in tcl script.
Is there any method to use tclapp wrap the program developed by the
first method? Could you tell me how to do this?

now, I make my c program to a libmylib.so, and my tcl script will load
it. libmylib.so depends on some other library, such as libtcl84.so and
libtk84.so. now I wrap my tcl script and libmylib.so to a starpack.
Tclapp will add base  tcl runtime envirnment automatically, but, the
libmylib.so depends on libtcl84.so and libtk84.so, need I add and wrap
these library repeatedly? Is there any method to wrap my program but
reduce the size of starpack?

Best Regards!
Tony

O/H sunnyboyGuo@gmail.com έγραψε:
> Hi, all
> I know there are two methods to develop program using tcl/tk and c, the
> first method is by calling Tcl_Main,  Tcl_AppInit to customize the main
> program and include tcl scripts; the other method is to make c library
> and then load the library in tcl script.
> Is there any method to use tclapp wrap the program developed by the
> first method? Could you tell me how to do this?
>
> now, I make my c program to a libmylib.so, and my tcl script will load
> it. libmylib.so depends on some other library, such as libtcl84.so and
> libtk84.so. now I wrap my tcl script and libmylib.so to a starpack.
> Tclapp will add base  tcl runtime envirnment automatically, but, the
> libmylib.so depends on libtcl84.so and libtk84.so, need I add and wrap
> these library repeatedly? Is there any method to wrap my program but
> reduce the size of starpack?
>
> Best Regards!
> Tony

No you don't have to include the tcl & tk dlls.
The process is simple: you compile your C extension with stubs support,
and you link your dll with the stubs Tcl/Tk libraries. This way, your
code will not depend on any tcl/tk related dll,but only on a stubs
table. Thus, loading your extension in a tcl interp, your dll will reuse
the functions already used by the interpreter, so there will be no need
to load additional dlls.
Please refer to the wiki.tcl.tk on how to compile your code with stubs
support.

George
0
petasis (1405)

about wrap tcl and c using tclapp
Hi, all My program is developed with tcl/tk and c, in which I use Tk_Main() and Tcl_AppInit() function to customize the main code. in c code it will execute tcl scripts by Tcl_Eval(), and in tcl scripts it will call the command procedure registerd by Tcl_CreateCommand(). now, I want to wrap my program to one standalone executable file. Could you tell me how to do this by tclapp? Alternatively, the c code may need to be made one tcl extension library, and then load it in tcl script. In this case, tclapp will add the base runtime envirment of tcl/tk, and the library depends on tcl84.so and tk84.so, need I add and wrap these two library repeatedly? Best Regards! Tony ...

about using tclapp wrap tcl and c program
Hi, all My program is developed with tcl/tk and c, in which I use Tk_Main() and Tcl_AppInit() function to customize my main code. in C function it will execute tcl script by Tcl_Eval(), and in Tcl script it will call the command procedure registered by Tcl_CreateCommand(). Now, I want to use tclapp to wrap my program to one starpack, could you tell me how to do this? Alternatively, the c code can be made one library, then load this library in tcl script. In this case, tclapp will add the base runtime envirnment of tcl/tk, but my c library depends on libtcl84.so and libtk84.so, need I add and wrap these two library repeatedly? Is any method to reduce the size of output. and what I need is starpack not starkit. Best Regards! Tony ...

Using Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 from C/C++
Hi, I just discovered Tcl/Tk and fairly excited about it :) I'm interested in using both Tcl/Tk on one c++ project and only Tk on another c++ project. 1. C++ Tk only project: I'm interested in using Tk within my c/c++ project. The project only has 5-6 dialogs using just the standard widgets. Is it fairly common to use Tk directly from c/c++--and is it fairly easy? 2. C++ Tcl/Tk only project: I'm interested in using both Tcl and Tk from within a c/c++ application. Is maketclapp the best way to go or are there better ways? Maketclapp doesn't seem to have been up...

Problem using hyperhelp
As those who have answered various of my questions know, I have problems finding information known to exist "somewhere" in the man pages. I think I have a handle on how I want to retrieve what *I* consider the "relevant" hits. Now comes the problem displaying the retrieved information. As the man pages I'm using are in HTML (see http://www.tcl.tk/man/) I started looking for Tcl/Tk packages that could display HTML files. I came across "hyperhelp". It is apparently included in the ActiveState distribution which I use. At least its man page is available in the Help system. That page gives an example of usage. As is frequently the case - it does *NOT* work as given. The routine problem is missing "package require" statements (though often given elsewhere in the page). A Google search and roving the wiki indicated that at least package require Tk package require Iwidgets package require Itk are required. I still get invalid command name "hyperhelp" .. On 29 jan, 09:03, Richard Owlett <rowl...@atlascomm.net> wrote: > As those who have answered various of my questions know, I have problems > finding information known to exist "somewhere" in the man pages. I think > I have a handle on how I want to retrieve what *I* consider the > "relevant" hits. > > Now comes the problem displaying the retrieved information. As the man > pages I'm using are in HTML (seehttp://w...

In Tcl and C++ code, how to use Tcl Command, such as exit?
In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, such as, exit. I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got nothing feedback. How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Thanx! vian1381@china.com.cn wrote: > In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control > all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, > such as, exit. > > I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, > I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got > nothing feedback. Your questions are hard to understand, but they suggest that you believe that setting a custom stdin channel will do some magic to establsh a prompt/read/eval loop. That is not the case. > How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Start with something that works, like the source code for tclsh, and adapt to your needs. Or post a followup and include more code examples to explain what you're doing and how it doesn't do what you expect. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |_____________________________________...

Remembering Tcl: Problems with C and Tcl communicated via pipelines
I am now remembering TCL and I have came across with a problem when doing something I used to do. My purpose is to implement a console-like GUI to present in a listbox outputs from another program written in c and allow to command orders via an entry. All the communication between both programs will be via pipeline As a first approximation, I tried several easy examples and I get stucked with these two programs (see below). When executing tclprogram2.tcl I get Done1 and Done2 and nothing more: i must end it with Ctrl-C. However, if I change Hello3 lines before for loop, the program run smoo...

adding events to tcl queue, or using variables and traces (C and TCL)
I'm writing simple testing framework for embedded application. The application is written on C language and runs on microchip PIC microcontroller normally. To test application I made the following: * hardware depended code was picked out from main source and written to separate source files (module_hal.c for example); * two build mode for program: for microchip PIC, using *_hal.c files dealing with real hardware, or for PC, where *_hal.c files contain hardware simulation code and bindings to TCL-commands. Then program was build for PC, I can using TCL commands change input signal states for simulated hardware, for example, or view output signal states. But I need some method to call tcl callback procedure when output signal changes state. I see two methods to achieve this: * map signal state to variable, and then use 'trace' command to bind tcl-scripts to state change events; * add new events to tcl event queue, as described here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/17195 Which method can be more preferable and why? In case if signal state changes too fast, and if I use variable trace, my callback will be called on every state change -- I think it is serious drawback of first method. With second method I can add only one event to queue, and add second only if first event is processed. But as I see, second method requires more complex code in C (now I wrote this code and see it as serious drawback too). May be exists some other methods to call tcl-callbacks on even...

Problem embedding Tcl/Tk in simple C?
Ok, I've read all the articles on www.tcl.tk about why I shouldn't do this type of thing, but... I have my reasons. Everything compiles just fine and the application launches (I see the icon pop up in the dock) but, problem is, I never see the Tk window. I'm guessing that Tk needs to know more about the Aqua or X11 environment in order to be able to display to it, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm running Mac OSX 10.5 on an Intel Mac. I'm compiling with the following command: shell$> gcc -ltcl -ltk -o test test.c Here's my code: // ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // test.c // ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <tcl.h> #include <tk.h> /* simple tk hello world */ char *StartScript[] = { "package require Tk\n", "grid [ttk::button .b -text \"Hello World\"]\n", NULL }; /* Interpreter for this application. */ static Tcl_Interp *interp; /* initialize Tcl Tk Interpreter */ int Tcl_AppInit(Tcl_Interp* interp) { int status; status = Tcl_Init(interp); if (status != TCL_OK) { return TCL_ERROR; } /* Initialize Tk values. */ status = Tk_Init(interp); if (status != TCL_OK) { return TCL_ERROR; } return TCL_OK; } int main(int argc, c...

TCL/TCL combined with Java/C/C++, Any Recommendations?
Hi, I have an application that I wrote in TCL/TK. It has to work with big files +5GB. The parsing performace is not where I would like and some of the data manipulations are taking considerable amount of time due to the data size. Therefore I am considering switching these parts of the code to Java, C or C++. While keepting the GUI and GUI supporting code in TCL/TK at this time. I am trying to figure out which language will be easier to merge with TCL in an application. For C I know that I can compile and generate a .so or .dll and create a TCL package and load it. I believe this is done with SWIG but I have not done it. In Java I saw some info on Jacl and TclBlend. The application will be "compiled" into a TCL "executable". I know I can compile my TCL code into Byte code to protect the IP. I am not sure about Java. Any recommendations or pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Frank Frank <kranfg@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > > I have an application that I wrote in TCL/TK. It has to work with big files +5GB. > > The parsing performace is not where I would like and some of the data manipulations are taking considerable amount of time due to the data size. > > Therefore I am considering switching these parts of the code to Java, C or C++. While keepting the GUI and GUI supporting code in TCL/TK at this time. > > I am trying to figure out which language will be easier to ...

Using Tcl/Tk as a user interface in a C program
Hi, i thought this question would come up every day, but i read this NG for a while and haven't seen it since. What i'd like to do is use Tcl/Tk in a standalone (linked against Tcl and/or Tk libs) C program. I'd like to open Windows and call Tcl scripts from C that handle the windows. I wouldn't like to have external scripts called, but i'd like to embed it in the C program. Has anybody got a short example for that (Linux / Windows)? Thanks for any hints, Torsten. MkTclApp is your friend: http://www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/index.html Pretty simple, really. On T...

Problem on input hindi characters using tcl/tk
I use the standard "entry" widget to get input form users who may speak different languages. It goes well in most languages but hindi, all hindi charaters inputed is shown as "?", however, if I type some charactors in notepad an paste them into the entry, it shows correctly. Dose anyone knows how to deal with it? ...

Problem in calling c programs and compiling them in tcl/tk
Hello, I have been assigned to open a directory with c programs in it using tcl/tk. Later I am supposed to c ompile all those c programs in that directory one after another using tclk/tk. I am able to open the directory and read all the c files. But when it comes to compiling them am not able to do it at all. I have tried using exec gcc filename.c and later exec ./a.out filename.c. For example , if i take helloworld.c program & write above 2 steps , its showing the o/p as "helloworld" . But it's also saying like child process exited abnormally. Please can one suggest a simple command to execute c programs . All the fork and thread concepts are quite new and confusing to me. Isn't there any simple command in tcl from which i can call a c program and compile it ? I have spent nearly 4 days about this problem.But no idea at all. Please if anyone can solve this , reply soon , if possible with an example . I am supposed to complete it with in 1 day more. Thanks in advance On 11 nov, 11:23, vasavi.n...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 I have been assigned to open a direct= ory with c > programs in it using tcl/tk. Later I am supposed to c ompile all those > c programs in that directory one after another using tclk/tk. > I am able to open the directory and read all the c files. But when it > comes to compiling them am not able to do it at all. I have tried > using exec gcc filename.c and l...

Problem with compiling a C language tcl/tk package
I posted the info below several weeks a go, but got no response. The subject may have been the problem :( [It was 'tktray package - System Tray Icon Support for Tk on X11'] Anyway, I needed a way to implement a trayicon under Linux and found the 'tktray' package, which needed compiling. Unfortunately I got a serious error. I have contacted the developer, but have had no response. I've tried to compile it to create the dynamic link libraries (*.so), but I get the following error in running the make command: [rob@gandalf tktray1.1]$ make gcc -pipe -DPACKAGE_NAME=\"tktray\" -DPACKAGE_TARNAME=\"tktray\" -DPACKAGE_VERSION=\"1.1\" -DPACKAGE_STRING=\"tktray\ 1.1\" -DPACKAGE_BUGREPORT=\"\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_STAT_H=1 -DHAVE_STDLIB_H=1 -DHAVE_STRING_H=1 -DHAVE_MEMORY_H=1 -DHAVE_STRINGS_H=1 -DHAVE_INTTYPES_H=1 -DHAVE_STDINT_H=1 -DHAVE_UNISTD_H=1 -DHAVE_LIMITS_H=1 -DHAVE_SYS_PARAM_H=1 -DUSE_THREAD_ALLOC=1 -D_REENTRANT=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE=1 -DTCL_THREADS=1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE=1 -DTCL_WIDE_INT_TYPE=long\ long -DHAVE_STRUCT_STAT64=1 -DHAVE_TYPE_OFF64_T=1 -DUSE_TCL_STUBS=1 -DUSE_TK_STUBS=1 -I"/usr/include" -I"/usr/include/tk8.4.11/generic" -I"/usr/include/tk8.4.11/unix" -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -Wno-implicit-int -fPIC -c `echo tktray.c` -o tktray.o In file included from /usr/include/tk8.4.11/generic/tkPort.h:34, ...

How to wrap Tk in a app using as base a Tcl prefix?
Hi, I am writing an app that will run in Linux in two modes: 1) batch - machines that do not have a windows manager 2) interactive - machines with windows manager installed. If I use a Tk prefix (I.e. application-base-tk-thread-8.6.0.0.295683-linux-glibc2.3-x86_64) the application fails as Tk checks for a Display to be available at startup. Therefore I am trying to use the Tcl prefix (application-base-tcl-thread-8.6.1.1.297985-linux-glibc2.3-x86_64) and add to the wrapped app the Tk package. The app will only load the Tk package when running interactive. Otherwise it will run in pur...

YouTube Playlist: Tcl/Tk Object Oriented Programming Using Itcl (incr Tcl) Lessons
Hi. Like I promised you hours ago.. The playlist in English : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ The same playlist in Arabic : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_91kA-iUz_5XGNmHzivHBG Enjoy! On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 4:04:21 PM UTC+2, Rani Ahmad wrote: > Hi. > > Like I promised you hours ago.. > > The playlist in English : > > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ > > The same playlist in Arabic : > > https://www.youtube.com/playli...

Problem (or lack of understanding) using Tcl/Tk built with Msys...
I've just downloaded the latest source for Tcl & Tk from cvs and have successfully built tclsh85.exe & wish85.exe using MSys From: http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mingw/MSYS-1.0.10-rc-3.exe Everything seemed to go Ok (yes there were compilation warnings...) and stuff was installed under /usr/local/lib|bin as appropriate. [Many thanks to those who made this possible] When I run tclsh85.exe or wish85.exe I am not getting a "%" command line prompt. However sourcing a script (e.g the widget demo) does work as does $ echo 'puts "Yo!"' | tclsh85...

Problem with ttk::frame using Tcl/Tk 8.4
This code works under version 8.5, but fails under 8.4 (ActiveState distro under WinXP Pro) package require Tk ttk::frame .p I don't see anything obvious in the Help for this simple a construct. Screens show % package require Tk 8.4 % ttk::frame .p invalid command name "ttk::frame" % % package require Tk 8.5.2 % ttk::frame .p ..p % On Jan 8, 2:39 pm, Richard Owlett <rowl...@atlascomm.net> wrote: > This code works under version 8.5, but fails under 8.4 > (ActiveState distro under WinXP Pro) > > package require Tk > ttk::frame .p > > I don't see anything obvious in the Help for this simple a construct. > Screens show > > % package require Tk > 8.4 > % ttk::frame .p > invalid command name "ttk::frame" > % > > % package require Tk > 8.5.2 > % ttk::frame .p > .p > % Are you aware that the tile widgets were not bundled with 8.4? It's a separate extension ("tile") that requires a separate install and package require. Or are you saying it used to work for you and now it doesn't? Richard Owlett wrote: > % package require Tk > 8.4 > % ttk::frame .p > invalid command name "ttk::frame" The [::ttk::frame] command was added to Tk in release 8.5. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ ...

Use TCL/TK to directly display c-generated jpg?
I have a C program that captures composite video images, converts them to jpg images, and stores the jpg images in files for later display. Is there any way for the C program, using TCL/TK, to display directly the jpg images without the overhead of saving the images in files? (Needless to say I am running in X-Windows, but the C program currently runs as a console app). Thanks, Dave Feustel dave wrote: > I have a C program that captures composite video images, converts them > to jpg images, and stores the jpg images in files for later display. > > Is there any way for the C program, using TCL/TK, to display directly > the jpg images without the overhead of saving the images in files? Look at [image create photo myimagename -data $imagedata ...] HTH, Gerry ...

A problem when using SWIG to integrate C code into TCL code
Hi all, I met the folowing error when using SWIG to integrate C code into TCL code, can somebody help me? Thanks a lot! 1. First I created a file named fun.c: double myfun(int n) { double res=1.0; int j; for (j=1;j<=n;j++) res *= j; return(res); } 2. I created a interface file named fun.i: %module myfun extern double myfun(int); 3. I run the following command and two new files were created: swig -tcl fract.i 4. build the object file gcc -c fun.c fun_wrap.c gcc -shared -o myfun.so fun.o fun_wrap.o 5. In my TCL file, add the following command: ..... load ./myfun.so; .......

l'C program executing from a tcl script with pipe opened using open command in Tcl
Hi all, I wanted to communicate with a C program from a Tcl script.. The test code i have written is below Both the 'C' program and Tcl script are located in the same directory. The 'C' program is below. I have named it CTCL.C #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int i; char c[30]; printf("Reading..."); scanf("%s",c); printf("String read is :%s\n",c); fflush(stdout); return 0; } I have compiled the program with the command cc CTCL.C -o ctcl So the executable was generated with the name 'ctcl' The Tcl script I have written is. I have named it TCLPIPETEST.tcl #!/usr/add-on/exptools/bin/tclsh set fd [open "|./ctcl" r+] gets $fd tmp1 puts "tmp1 = $tmp1" set stat 0 set tmp2 "Default value... " if { ![catch { puts $fd "abcdef" } res]} { if { ![catch { flush $fd } res] } { if { ![catch { gets $fd tmp2} res ] } { set stat 1 } else { puts "Error 'gets' from pipe : $res" } } else { puts "Error 'flush' from pipe:$res " } } else { puts "Error 'puts' from pipe:$res " } if { $stat == 1 } { puts "Success......:$tmp2 :)" } else { puts "Failure......:$tmp2 :(" } I have given all permissions for both the files above. When i execute the Tcl script My aim is to open a pipe with the 'C' executable 'ctcl', initially read so...

Reg. Access C# class object from Tcl using SOAP problem

Web resources about - about using tclapp wrap tcl/tk and c problem - comp.lang.tcl

Establishing sleep patterns early in life key to avoiding future problems
Children have just the first five years of life to develop good sleeping habits before they are at risk of adjusting poorly to school and developing ...

Maria Sharapova's meldonium problem: it's about the brains, not the looks
What Maria Sharapova seems most guilty of is breathtaking stupidity.

Maria Sharapova's meldonium problem: it's about the brains, not the looks
What Maria Sharapova seems most guilty of is breathtaking stupidity.

Establishing sleep patterns early in life key to avoiding future problems
Children have just the first five years of life to develop good sleeping habits before they are at risk of adjusting poorly to school and developing ...

Obama Wants SXSW to Help Solve America's Problems, Including Apple Standoff
President Obama asked a tech-savvy audience attending the first day of the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Austin to help tackle the ...

Florida’s problem with sea level rise catches up with Rubio at debate
... debate near Miami, Florida. (credit: Joe Raedle / Getty Images) Earlier this year, a group of Florida mayors that are dealing with problems ...

How to fix Microsoft Edge's worst problems
... soon (and to the rest of us when the Redstone update for Windows 10 rolls out in June/July). If you’re using the new browser and having problems, ...

NASTY: Bill Clinton's Disgusting Flatulence Problems Date Back to White House Years
It's not just Granny Catlady who stinks. It's also her husband : Clinton became so flatulent at one point during his presidency that his close ...