ANN: aem 1.0, a lightweight mechanism for Tcl/Tk applications on Mac OS X to respond to Apple Events

I have just released aem 1.0, a lightweight mechanism for Tcl/Tk
applications on Mac OS X to respond to Apple Events.

This package allows Tcl/Tk applications on Mac OS X to respond to
arbitrary Apple Events, the Mac's system-level application IPC protocol.
The Apple Events mechanism allows Mac applications to script other
applications using the AppleScript language--to query them for data,
execute commands, and similar functions--in a manner similar to COM
scripting on Windows and shell scripting on Unix. The package differs
from an older Apple Events package, TclAE
(http://tclae.sourceforge.net/), which is a thin wrapper over tne entire
Apple Event framework and is more low-level and complex. The aem package
only provides a way for a Tcl application to respond to Apple Event
queries sent to it by other processes, i.e. to make a Tcl application
scriptable via AppleScript.

The aem package defines only a single command, aem::installeventhandler,
which takes three parameters: an event class, an event ID, and a Tcl
command. The event class and event ID are arbitrary four-character codes
that are registered with the operating system via the
installeventhandler command, and the Tcl command is the internal Tcl
command that is executed when the application receives an Apple Event.
Conceptually, the event class can be viewed as the application or
developer's signature, while the event ID corresponds to specific
commands it may execute.

The package can be downloaded from
http://fossil.codebykevin.com/fossil.cgi/tk-components/timeline as part
of the tk-components suite; see instructions there on how to download
the library. It is released under Tcl's BSD-style license.

Thanks,
Kevin
--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin/Mobile Code by Kevin

On 23.07.2015 04:33, Kevin Walzer wrote:
> I have just released aem 1.0, a lightweight mechanism for Tcl/Tk
> applications on Mac OS X to respond to Apple Events.

Very nice work!

Christian

0
Christian

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Ruby 1.8.0 and Mac OS X and Tcl/Tk 8.4 Aqua (not!)
My trials with Ruby and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X Ruby is 1.8.0 preview 7 Tcl/Tk 8.4 is the recent TclTk-Aqua build for that native OSX Aqua look Mac OS X is 10.2.3 (1) 'configure' wasn't finding Tcl/Tk, so I hacked up an OSX-only version of ext/tcltklib/extconf.rb with hard-coded parameters (which might be OK because of the frameworks) ========= # extconf.rb for tcltklib # HACKED for Mac OS X !!! require 'mkmf' if RUBY_PLATFORM !~ /mswin32|mingw|cygwin|bccwin32/ have_library("nsl", "t_open") have_library("socket&q...

Commercial Tcl/Tk applications on Mac OS X
I've recently moved the focus of my development work from open-source/freeware to commercial/shareware applications on Mac OS X. As such, I'm looking to compile a list of commercial Tcl/Tk apps that are supported on this platform--to get a sense of best Tcl/Tk practices with GUI on the Mac, and also to see what's available. By necessity, commercial applications have to place a higher focus on GUI polish than open-source freeware apps do, which is why I'm interested in seeing what's out there. I focus on Mac development, so I'm including cross-platform apps with Mac vers...

Ann: Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages for Mac OS X
I've packaged "universal" installers of Tcl/Tk for Mac OS X (both the Aqua and X11 variants), and the Tile theming extension, for use on Mac OS X's PPC and Intel architectures. These builds are based on Tcl/Tk 8.4.13. Downloads and more information can be found at http://tk-components.sourceforge.net/installer/ Thanks. -- Kevin Walzer Poetic Code http://www.kevin-walzer.com ...

ANN:Fve Ver5.2 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows) Tcl/Tk script
Fve Ver5.2 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows) Tcl/Tk script (File Viewer Editor_Version Fve 5.2) http://www.ne.jp/asahi/kazuo/sasagawa/ For Tcl/Tk 8.4,8.5: TclTkAqua 8.4: Tcl/Tk-cygwin 8.4. Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.18 binary packages or "TclTkAqua 8.4.10 binary packages". *Changes(Version5.2) 1 Added a "Customizing key bingings" item to Tools_Menu. 2 Added several bindings for Mac OS X. Command-a -> Select all Command-c -> Copy Command-e -> Use Selection for Find Command-f -> Find Command-g -> Find Next Command-i -...

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. &...

ANN: eTcl 1.0.1 (Tcl/Tk 8.5.6)
ANNOUNCE: eTcl 1.0.1 I'm pleased to announce immediate availability of eTcl 1.0.1 for Windows, Windows Mobile (2003, 2003SE, 5.x and 6.x) pocketPC and smartphones, Mac OS X (Aqua) as universal binary (x86 and PPC), and several Linux architectures, including x86, x86_64, mipsel, powerpc, arm (soft-float or hard-float) and now also arm-eabi, which allows installation as native application on Android platform. WHERE TO GET ============ It is available from: http://www.evolane.com/software/etcl/index.html http://www.evolane.com/ WHAT'S NEW ========== This rele...

Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X
I hope this isn't too vague a question, but I wonder if anyone can explain to me why it is that some Tcl/Tk programs don't run properly under Mac OS X. That is, I know that Tcl/Tk in principle works just fine on Macs, from people I know who use Macs and from the wiki. I just wrote a program that runs fine on my GNU/Linux system with Tcl/Tk 8.4. I sent it to a friend with a Mac. He reports that he sees "several pastel-colored rectangles" (presumably parts of windows) and then it just hangs. As far as I can see, the program doesn't do anything likely to create portability ...

upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1.1 quits without updating the application (Mac OS X)
I'm trying to upgrade to 6.1.1. However, the installer quits after installing 10-15 of 70 items, and says it was successful, but it doesn't actually update the application. I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.4, and have repaired permissions, and also tried running the update as root - still doesn't work. Has anyone encountered this problem, and found a fix? The only thing I can think of at this point is to do a clean install of 6.1.1, and move any old files over. And, I can't contact their tech support, because my registration isn't current, even though I'm planni...

TCL/TK Does not have serial port support API in Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger in a mac mini
Over the last couple of weeks I have been trying to figure out why I had no communications with a USB > Serial converter and tonight I discovered that there is no serial port support in the TCL/TK installed in MAC OS X 10.4 Mac mini. % fconfigure stdin -blocking 1 -buffering line -buffersize 4096 -encoding utf-8 -eofchar {} -translation auto I went to the Mac install on the CD-ROMs and found nothing on tcl/tk. What should I use to remove the old TCL/TK packages and install a better version? I found the aqua site tcl site and should I just install that full package binary and make the ch...

ANN: eGenix pyOpenSSL Distribution 0.8.1-0.9.8j now also for Mac OS X
________________________________________________________________________ ANNOUNCING eGenix.com pyOpenSSL Distribution Version 0.8.1-0.9.8j An easy to install and use repackaged distribution of the pyOpenSSL Python interface for OpenSSL - available on Windows, Mac OS X and Unix platforms This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading: http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-pyOpenSSL-Distribution-0.8.1-0.9.8j-1-GA.html __________________________________________________________...

Web resources about - ANN: aem 1.0, a lightweight mechanism for Tcl/Tk applications on Mac OS X to respond to Apple Events - comp.lang.tcl

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa scheme that could allow 200 tech immigrants to ...
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 17% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Mortgage Applications Increase as Rates Fall in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 9.0 percent ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Himax shipping LCOS microdisplays and WLO products for AR applications
... mass shipments of its liquid crystal on silicon (LCOS) microdisplays and wafer-level optics (WLO) products for augmented reality (AR) applications. ...