ANN: Tcl RAL - a Tcl Relational Algebra Library

This is to announce the initial release of TCLRAL, an implementation of
relational algebra for Tcl. From a programmers point of view, this is a "C"
based extension that introduces two new data types, Tuple and Relation, and
a set of ensemble style commands that provide the algebraic operators. The
project is hosted at SourceForge and the project page at
http://tclral.sourceforge.net provides the details.

This is an initial release so the usual cautions apply. Also my appologies
to Windows users at this time. I don't have access to Microsoft compilers
so it will take me a bit longer to ready the usual Windows binary release.
A linux binary release is provided. Also, unix users will note that the
build procedures for the source release are sparse. This will improve over
time.

-- Andrew Mangogna
0
amangogna (65)

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

Cannot built PL/Tcl because Tcl is not a shared library; skipping it
For tcl, I've run ./configure --enable-shared to have a tcl like a shared library and for tk, I've run ./configure --enable-shared --with-tcl to have a tk like a shared library. The installation of tcl and of tk work fine. For postgreSQL, I've run ./configure --with-tclconfig --with-tkconfig --with-openssl --without-readline. The installation of postgreSQL work fine. When I am at the location postgresql-7.4.2/src/pl/tcl, to launch make. I got an error message : Cannot built PL/Tcl because Tcl is not a shared library; skipping it I demand you to reply, please. Than...

A Simple Tcl-based fIGLET library (Stiglet.tcl)
Come one, come all! I got sick of depending on compiled execs for FIGlets. Furthermore, 1) I wa= nted to dynamically create banners in TTY command loop apps, 2) I don't nee= d fancy-schmantz features like "smooshing", and 3) for simple banner genera= tion, a fairly short piece of tcl code does the trick just fine. So: have a look. http://www.ronazajac.com/Stiglet/ - Ron A. Zajac ...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

Cannot built PL/Tcl because Tcl is not a shared library; skipping it #2
For tcl, I've run ./configure --enable-shared to have a tcl like a shared library and for tk, I've run ./configure --enable-shared --with-tcl to have a tk like a shared library. The installation of tcl and of tk work fine. For postgreSQL, I've run ./configure --with-tclconfig --with-tkconfig --with-openssl --without-readline. The installation of postgreSQL work fine. When I am at the location postgresql-7.4.2/src/pl/tcl, to launch make. I got an error message : Cannot built PL/Tcl because Tcl is not a shared library; skipping it Can you reply to m...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version""...

tcl application with tcl application

Hi, TCL has a command execution syntax like this: [<tcl cmd>] Anything inside the 3rd bracket will be executed as a Tcl command by the Tcl interprater. Is there any way I can disable/delete this Tcl construct [ <tcl-cmd>]? In other words, my Tcl interprator should print "[32]" for tcl command puts "[32]" It should not try to treat [] as a special character. Is this any way possible while extending Tcl in C with tcl.h? Thank you, Arijit * arijit79@gmail.com | puts "[32]" | | It should not try to treat [] as a special character. Check out ...

A Simple Tcl-based fIGLET library (Stiglet.tcl) [new version]
I got sick of depending on compiled execs for FIGlets. Furthermore, 1) I wa= nted to dynamically create banners in TTY command loop apps, 2) I don't nee= d fancy-schmantz features like "smooshing", and 3) for simple banner genera= tion, a fairly short piece of tcl code does the trick just fine. (New, more stable version since orig posting). So: have a look. http://www.ronazajac.com/Stiglet/ - Ron A. Zajac ...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @...

[TCL] multi-threaded tcl apps
Hi, Where can one find complete documentation on the ttrace package to the Thread package? I'd like to know what commands are available in ttrace and how to use them. --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. If you wish to e-mail me, the address consists of a dot between my first and last names (excluding my middle initial). The rest...

dynamic call of tcl proc from tcl
Hello, I would like to invoce a tcl proc from a line of tcl where I have a proc name and a list variable of arguments. eg. % callproc $procName $argList where: ..callproc - TCL Procedure for dynamically calling procedures ..procName - Name of procedure to be called in a string ..argList - List of Arguments My goal is to avoid creating a procedure call as a string and evaluating it as there are many potential pitfalls with using evals in such a way. Thanks, JsD Java script Dude wrote: > I would like to invoce a tcl proc from a line of tcl where I have a > proc name and a list varia...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

How Tcl source finds init.tcl???
Hi, I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for init.tcl? Is there any way to specifically use init.tcl from a certain path? Thanks a lot in advance! Lihong lihong pei wrote: > I have one question about how Tcl finds init.tcl. > What environment variable does Tcl source use to get the search path for > init.tcl? If the environment variable TCL_LIBRARY exists, it's value is assumed to be a single directory which is added to the search path for init.tcl. Note that this is offered mostly as a way for...

Tcl extension: check Tcl version?
Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking the extension? Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using package require). A number of newly provided commands work well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time version and run-time version are identical? Or ...

Web resources about - ANN: Tcl RAL - a Tcl Relational Algebra Library - comp.lang.tcl

Relational transgression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Relational transgressions occur when people violate implicit or explicit relational rules . These transgressions include a wide variety of behaviors. ...

Motion Detection - AnyMotion A Relational Motion Detection - YouTube
This work was developed for my master thesis in computer engineering. I live in Rome in Italy, I have a job that allows me a good standard of ...

Enterprise Partner Feed Relational
The Enterprise Partner Feed is a data feed of the complete set of metadata from iTunes and the App Store. It is available for affiliate partners ...

PMC-Sierra Rises After Whitworth’s Relational Boosts Stake
PMC-Sierra Inc. rose the most in more than 2 1/2 years after Ralph Whitworth’s Relational Investors LLC increased its stake and said it may push ...

Relational Investors LLC: CEO and Executives - Businessweek
Get to know Relational Investors LLC CEO & other corporate executives. Learn about the Board of Directors, Executive Committees and CEO compensation ...

CalSTRS and Relational Investors Endorse Occidental Petroleum Governance Initiatives
The California State Teachers' Retirement System (&ldquo;CalSTRS&rdquo;) and Relational Investors LLC (&ldquo;Relational&rdquo;) endorse the ...

BREAKING NEWS FROM CNBC’S KAYLA TAUSCHE: RELATIONAL INVESTORS COULD VIE FOR ABERCROMBIE & FITCH BOARD ...
WHEN: Today, Thursday, September 13, 2012 WHERE: CNBC's "Closing Bell with Maria Bartiromo" Following is the unofficial transcript of breaking ...

Object-Relational Mapping is the Vietnam of Computer Science
I had an opportunity to meet Ted Neward at TechEd this year. Ted, among other things, famously coined the phrase "Object-Relational mapping is ...

The end of SQL and relational databases? (part 2 of 3)
In " The end of SQL and relational databases? (part 1 of 3) " I covered some background on the SQL language and relational databases, the current ...

Relational, Human, Social
Making Sense: Relational Apple's failure to pay for favorable media coverage flies in the face of Samsung's payola. Apple Insider: It appears ...