ANN: Tcl-Tk-Aqua 8.4.14 "universal" installer for OS X

The Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages are distributions of the core Tcl/Tk
libraries, plus the Tile theming extension, built to support the PPC and
Intel architectures of the Mac OS X platforms. They can be downlaoded at
http://tk-components.sourceforge.net/installer/index.html.

OVERVIEW OF PACKAGES

The Tcl/Tk "Universal" package for Mac OS X are based on the current
version of Tcl/Tk at the time of this build, 8.4.14. The Tile extension
is version 0.7.8. The packages support the native Aqua version.

Aqua

The "Aqua" package supports the native Mac windowing environment. It is
useful for developing and deploying native Mac OS X applications. With
the "Aqua" package, the following will be installed on your machine:

*The Tcl and Tk frameworks will be installed in /Library/Frameworks.

* The Tcl interpreter, tclsh, and the Tk interpreter, wish, will be
installed in /usr/local/bin.

*The Tile extension, which adds native Aqua theming to the Tk widgets,
will be installed in /Library/Tcl.

* The Wish application package will be installed in /Applications/Utilities.

A standalone version of Wish, with the Tcl/Tk and Tile libraries
embedded in the application package, will be installed in
/Applications/Utilities/Wish-Embedded. This package is useful for
deploying Tcl/Tk applications to end users.The Tcl/Tk "Universal"
packages are distributions of the core Tcl/Tk libraries, plus the Tile
theming extension, built to support the PPC and Intel architectures of
the Mac OS X platforms.

REASON FOR RELEASE:

These packages are based on private builds I have made for my own
commercial applications. The standalone Wish application bundle is
especially useful for deploying applications on the Mac, and is not
available as a pre-compiled binary from other sources (to my knowledge).
So I am making these packages available even though popular
distributions for Tcl/Tk are also available for the Mac.
--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin