ANN: Tcl-Tk-Aqua 8.4.14 "universal" installer for OS X

The Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages are distributions of the core Tcl/Tk
libraries, plus the Tile theming extension, built to support the PPC and
Intel architectures of the Mac OS X platforms. They can be downlaoded at
http://tk-components.sourceforge.net/installer/index.html.

OVERVIEW OF PACKAGES

The Tcl/Tk "Universal" package for Mac OS X are based on the current
version of Tcl/Tk at the time of this build, 8.4.14. The Tile extension
is version 0.7.8. The packages support the native Aqua version.

Aqua

The "Aqua" package supports the native Mac windowing environment. It is
useful for developing and deploying native Mac OS X applications. With
the "Aqua" package, the following will be installed on your machine:

*The Tcl and Tk frameworks will be installed in /Library/Frameworks.

* The Tcl interpreter, tclsh, and the Tk interpreter, wish, will be
installed in /usr/local/bin.

*The Tile extension, which adds native Aqua theming to the Tk widgets,
will be installed in /Library/Tcl.

* The Wish application package will be installed in /Applications/Utilities.

A standalone version of Wish, with the Tcl/Tk and Tile libraries
embedded in the application package, will be installed in
/Applications/Utilities/Wish-Embedded. This package is useful for
deploying Tcl/Tk applications to end users.The Tcl/Tk "Universal"
packages are distributions of the core Tcl/Tk libraries, plus the Tile
theming extension, built to support the PPC and Intel architectures of
the Mac OS X platforms.

REASON FOR RELEASE:

These packages are based on private builds I have made for my own
commercial applications. The standalone Wish application bundle is
especially useful for deploying applications on the Mac, and is not
available as a pre-compiled binary from other sources (to my knowledge).
So I am making these packages available even though popular
distributions for Tcl/Tk are also available for the Mac.
--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin

Ann: Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages for Mac OS X
I've packaged "universal" installers of Tcl/Tk for Mac OS X (both the Aqua and X11 variants), and the Tile theming extension, for use on Mac OS X's PPC and Intel architectures. These builds are based on Tcl/Tk 8.4.13. Downloads and more information can be found at http://tk-components.sourceforge.net/installer/ Thanks. -- Kevin Walzer Poetic Code http://www.kevin-walzer.com ...

"::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msgcat 1.4" caused by replacing Tcl 8.4.1 with 8.5.7
In the blog http://planet.larrythecow.org/archives/2009-07-26.html "The Twouble with Tcl" Iain Buchanan shows that redefining OPEN proc leads to the errors similar to what I am getting - when I replaced Tcl 8.4.1 with Tcl 8.5.7. In my case I don't know the exact root cause though ... Any ideas how I should proceed with debugging this issue ? Thanks, Alex tclsh c:/Tornado/host/resource/hutils/tcl/makeSymTbl.tcl ppc tmp.o symTbl.c invalid command name "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler" while executing "::tcl::tm::UnknownHandler ::tclPkgUnknown msg...

ANN:Fve Ver5.2 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows) Tcl/Tk script
Fve Ver5.2 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows) Tcl/Tk script (File Viewer Editor_Version Fve 5.2) http://www.ne.jp/asahi/kazuo/sasagawa/ For Tcl/Tk 8.4,8.5: TclTkAqua 8.4: Tcl/Tk-cygwin 8.4. Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.18 binary packages or "TclTkAqua 8.4.10 binary packages". *Changes(Version5.2) 1 Added a "Customizing key bingings" item to Tools_Menu. 2 Added several bindings for Mac OS X. Command-a -> Select all Command-c -> Copy Command-e -> Use Selection for Find Command-f -> Find Command-g -> Find Next Command-i -> Insert-mode or Over_write-mode Toggle switch Command-n -> New Buffer Command-s -> Save Shift-Command-s -> Save As Command-v -> Paste Command-w -> Close current buffer Command-x -> Cut Command-z -> Undo Shift-Command-z -> Redo Command-? -> Help Command-+ -> Increase Font Size Command-- -> Decrease Font Size 3 Added a "append mode" checkbutton to the bottom Menu line. When the checkbutton is ON, the selected file is appended to the end of current buffer. 4 Added a "Unpack append_mode_CheckButton"_CheckButton to View_Menu. 5 Added a "Select a Menubar background color" command to View_Menu. (UNIX,WINDOWS) 6 Added "Edit" Menu.install.txt "Undo" "Redo" -------------------- "Cut" "Copy" "Paste" "Select All" *Overview ...

Ruby 1.8.0 and Mac OS X and Tcl/Tk 8.4 Aqua (not!)
My trials with Ruby and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X Ruby is 1.8.0 preview 7 Tcl/Tk 8.4 is the recent TclTk-Aqua build for that native OSX Aqua look Mac OS X is 10.2.3 (1) 'configure' wasn't finding Tcl/Tk, so I hacked up an OSX-only version of ext/tcltklib/extconf.rb with hard-coded parameters (which might be OK because of the frameworks) ========= # extconf.rb for tcltklib # HACKED for Mac OS X !!! require 'mkmf' if RUBY_PLATFORM !~ /mswin32|mingw|cygwin|bccwin32/ have_library("nsl", "t_open") have_library("socket&q...

checkbuttons in tcl 8.4.12 and 8.5a4 with -offvalue == ""?
Hello, I just realized some differences between the checkbuttons visualisation in tcl 8.4 and 8.5. If the offvalue of a checkbutton is set to "" (empty string) and the checkbutton is not "checked", than ... - in tcl 8.4.12 the background is white - in tcl 8.5a4 the background is grey and the "check" is still visible That's a bug, isn't it? If the offvalue is " " (one blank), than every thing works. Best regards, Martin Lemburg UGS - Transforming the Process of Innovation MartinLemburg@UGS wrote: > Hello, > > I just realized some differences between the checkbuttons visualisation > in tcl 8.4 and 8.5. > > If the offvalue of a checkbutton is set to "" (empty string) and the > checkbutton is not "checked", than ... > - in tcl 8.4.12 the background is white > - in tcl 8.5a4 the background is grey and the "check" is still > visible > > That's a bug, isn't it? > It's a much sought-after new feature. Checkbuttons in tk 8.5 have the ability to have three states: on, off and "tristate". The default value for the third state is the empty string. It's documented in the 8.5 manual page; look for the -tristatevalue option: http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TkCmd/checkbutton.htm#M17 Hhm, ... ok I know now why, but I don't understand why this way of tristate value usage was chosen! If I have an offvalue "" ...

"No installer way" to distribute tcl/tk?
Hi, I am writing a small app for the team as a utility. I uses Lisp and tcl/tk bindings. I have ActiveState tcl/tk 8.4 installed on my machine. Is there any way to distribute my app without having to install ActiveState package on every user machine? I am wondering if there is "minimum" way to distribute the necessary tcl/tk components (wish.exe, etc.). I mean just what dlls and exe should I put in my lisp app folder? Thanks! Andrew In article <1119284301.062794.27820@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, <astebakov@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am writing a small ap...

The update "Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 4" can't be installed."
Running 10.5.7 on a Intel MacBookPro I get the above message when trying to install the Java update 4 ver 1.0 which I received via Software Update a few minutes ago. I quit all other apps including browsers. There is no explanation. It just has a red exclamation point and says "Cannot be Installed", then "An Error Occurred during Installation". It would be nice if there was a clue. How do I find out what the problem is? TIA! -- YvonneinSonoma On 15 jun, 17:26, yvonnebow...@mac.com (Yvonne Bowers) wrote: > Running 10.5.7 on a Intel MacBookPro I get the above me...

Looking for binary "expect" and "TCL/Tk" (if required) for OpenServer6
Does anybody know where to find "expect" (and related requirements) for OpenServer6? I can download the source files from nist.gov, but they do not compile. The MAN pages are already loaded on the system, so I suspect the programs would be on the distribution media somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick On 9 Feb, 17:57, Rick_Hoyle <motosl...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anybody know where to find "expect" (and related requirements) > for OpenServer6? I can download the source files from nist.gov, but > they do not compile. The MAN pages are al...

[ info exists varName ] returns "" on Tcl 8.4.4 ... we're losing our sanity here
Hello, We're using "Tcl 8.4.4.0 Solaris/SPARC" .... pretty darned old version, I know ... but we have no choice as our program doesn't work well with newer versions. Anyway, we keep getting an error that we all used to think was simply impossible ... namely [ info exists ] not returning zero or non-zero but simply returning an empty string: can't use empty string as operand of "!" while executing "if { ! [ info exists ::varName ] } { return }" (procedure "debugOut" line 3) invoked from within "debugOut -g 9 "Entered function."" (procedure "programExit" line 3) invoked from within "programExit 0" How the heck is this even possible?? Is this a bug in Tcl? I don't see how anything we could do could ever cause [ info exists ] to return an empty string! Regards, Markus On Jun 22, 5:51=A0pm, antred <Nut...@gmx.net> wrote: > Hello, > > We're using "Tcl 8.4.4.0 Solaris/SPARC" .... pretty darned old > version, I know ... but we have no choice as our program doesn't work > well with newer versions. > > Anyway, we keep getting an error that we all used to think was simply > impossible ... namely [ info exists ] not returning zero or non-zero > but simply returning an empty string: > > can't use empty string as operand of "!" > =A0 =A0 while executing > "if { ! [ info exists ::var...

Tcl 8.4.x & tcl-dp 4.0.x
Has anyone built tcl-dp 4.0.x on windows against Tcl 8.4.x ? Is it possible to get the windows dll and the source code with modifications? ...

"string map" Probleme in tcl 8.4 mit Umlauten?
Seit Jahren setze ich TCL als integrierte Skript-Sprache in einer Softwarel=F6sung ein (Microsoft Windows, MFC-Anwendung). Vor kurzem bin ich von TCL 8.3.5 auf TCL 8.4.14 umgestiegen. Mit dieser Version bekommen wir aber Probleme, da sich das Verhalten des Kommandos "string map" ge=E4ndert hat. Beispiel: set a "=E4=F6=FC" set x [string map {. ,} $a] x enth=E4lt dann "=C3=A4=C3=B6=C3=BC". Der String wird dabei offensichtlich= in Unicode umgewandelt, wo TCL 8.3 den String noch unver=E4ndert lie=DF. In der Shell (tclsh84.exe) wird die Umsetzung aber noch genauso wie unter TCL 8.3 vorgenommen, also unver=E4ndert gelassen. Die Initialisierung in der MFC-Anwendung ist vergleichbar zu der der TCL-Shell: Tcl_SetDefaultEncodingDir( ... ); Tcl_FindExecutable( ... ); interp =3D Tcl_CreateInterp(); Auch das Einf=FCgen der Zeile setlocale(LC_ALL, "C"); wie sie von der main() Funktion der TCL-Shell verwendet wird, l=F6st das Problem nicht. Es besteht zwar die M=F6glichkeit, die TCL-Skripte wie folgt anzupassen: set a "=E4=F6=FC" set x [encoding convertfrom identity [string map {. ,} $a]] ..=2E. aber erstens m=FCsste ich dann sehr sehr viele Skripte anpassen und zweitens habe ich Sorge, dass auch andere String-Funktionen unbemerkt solche Unicode-Umwandlungen vornehmen. Es w=E4re mir also wichtig, den Interpreter dazu zu bringen, sich genauso zu verhalten, wie die TCL- Shell. Innerhalb von Tcl sin...

What is the "correct" way nowadays to compile tcl extensions for OS X?
Hi all, I have an application that has two tcl extensions in C, libA & libB. libB depends on libA, so I load libA first, and then libB, through "load -global". In general this works under windows, linux, and OS X, with one exception: If I wrap the application with activestate's TDK, libB cannot be loaded under OS X. (It works for windows & linux) It says that libA is not available, despite the fact that it has been loaded into the application with load -global. So, I am thinking whether I am doing something wrong during the build process. otool -h...

"Tcl/Tk 8.5 tutorial"
All the documentation at http://tcl.tk/man/ is available as *html.tar.gz except "Tcl/Tk 8.5 tutorial". Is there a reason or just an accident of history. I have ActiveTcl installed and its associated ActiveTclHelp8.6.chm . This trifocal wearing senior citizen finds it impossible to read comfortably. I prefer HTML as I have my browser configured for legibility. I wish to have the tutorial available on my machine. >=20 > I have ActiveTcl installed and its associated=20 > ActiveTclHelp8.6.chm . This trifocal wearing senior citizen finds=20 > it impossible to read comfortably. I prefer HTML as I have my=20 > browser configured for legibility. I wish to have the tutorial=20 > available on my machine. A solution is to put the pages on your PC using httrack : http://www.httrac= k.com/page/1/en/index.html. After installation and having given a "project = name" and the path of a directory of your choice ( ex : xyz ) just then po= int the address to http://tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/tcltutorial.html . Lau= nch it . At the end, it will last a few minutes, you will see a file "index= ..html" in "xyz" directory . And... just doubleclick and here you are... It is web copier that you can use for a set of pages. The default settings = are such that you will download the necessary pages, not all the website, w= hich is not legal I think.=20 Olivier. On 3/11/2016 9:18 AM, Olivier wrote: >>...

missing "lappend" from tcl 8.4.2.0 help .chm
I just noticed this tonight when I went to cross reference the windows help on lappend ,with the Brent Welch's 4th edition text.I'm sure this was fixed in newer releases. Love the book ,it's lighter with thinner pages ,the 3rd ed got me started ,now the 4th ed is THE tcl book ! keep em coming Brent ,nice to see Jeff Hobbs credited on this one too ,thanks. NeuroS wrote on 06/08/03: > err if you do a search you will find it , > 'Built-In Commands - lappend manual page. > just not listed in with other list cmds. That is very confusing. lappend should be listed ...

BLT bug 886267: "Compile trouble with Tcl/Tk 8.5a0" reported
I just reported a bug against BLT, number 886267: "Compile trouble with Tcl/Tk 8.5a0" Compiling against Tcl/Tk the Tcl/Tk pre-Alpha 8.5a0 fails with some functions confilctingly declared. Examples are Tcl_FindCommand, Tcl_CreateNamespace, Tcl_FindNamespace, and Tcl_Export. These are being redeclared in bltNsUtil.h, having also been declared in tclDecls.h -- Rich Wurth / rwurth@att.net / Rumson, NJ 07760 USA Consultant to the telecom industry rwurth@att.net (R. T. Wurth) wrote: >I just reported a bug against BLT, number 886267: "Compile trouble >with Tcl/Tk 8.5...

"Sayonara Tcl/Tk"
It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=333 Στις 29/4/2013 11:49, ο/η saxo3800@gmail.com έγραψε: > It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. > > http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=333 > I think that he has a point regarding threads. George On Apr 29, 11:02=C2=A0am, Georgios Petasis <peta...@iit.demokritos.gr> wrote: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 29/4/2013 11:49, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 saxo3...@gmail.co= m =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: > > > It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. > > >http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=3D16&t=3D333 > > I think that he has a point regarding threads. Sure. Though I'm curious to know what specific problem of his is so much better served by explicit locks and shared vars than by message passing, given the context. It's not as if he was worried by lost nanoseconds in mutex contention. -Alex Στις 29/4/2013 20:07, ο/η Alexandre Ferrieux έγραψε: > On Apr 29, 11:02 am, Georgios Petasis <peta...@iit.demokritos.gr> > wrote: >> Στις 29/4/2013 11:49, ο/η saxo3...@gmail.com έγραψε: >> >>> It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. >> >>> http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=333 >> >> I think that he has a point regarding threads. > > Sure. Though I'...

Are Tcl and Tk "inseparable"?
Hi, I am a Ruby user and probably I will have to use Tk in order to get nice GUIs. Now, the problem is that: Learning a new language (Ruby) is already time consuming enough. Do I have to learn also Tcl in order to use Tk? Can't I use Tk alone? (Umm, well, not so alone, together with Ruby, I mean) Thanks in advance. Surgeon schrieb: > Hi, > > I am a Ruby user and probably I will have to use Tk in order to get > nice GUIs. Now, the problem is that: Learning a new language (Ruby) is > already time consuming enough. Do I have to learn also Tcl in order to > use Tk? Can't I use Tk alone? (Umm, well, not so alone, together with > Ruby, I mean) The Perl community ripped Tcl from their PerlTk package, but it was just slower, less up to date and more memory hungry. So in principle one could separate Tk from Tcl, but its not worth it. But your question goes in a different direction: The Ruby/Tk binding wraps Tk into a set of Ruby Objects, so you are using Ruby when you create Ruby/Tk programs. So you do not need to learn Tcl to be able to use RubyTk, but it could help in translating advanced Tk examples found on the Tcl'ers wiki (http://wiki.tcl.tk). But you have to learn the options and functions of your libraries, as you have to do for any other package. Michael Surgeon <biyokuantum@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am a Ruby user and probably I will have to use Tk in order > to get nice GUIs. Now, the problem is that: Learning a ...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"stanford university " "stanford university usa" "stanford university history" "stanford university mba" "stanford university press" "stanford university admissions" on http://stanford-edu.bl
"stanford university " "stanford university usa" "stanford university history" "stanford university mba" "stanford university press" "stanford university admissions" on http://stanford-edu.blogspot.com/ "stanford university " "stanford university usa" "stanford university history" "stanford university mba" "stanford university press" "stanford university admissions" on http://stanford-edu.blogspot.com/ "stanford university " "stanford university usa" &qu...

Tcl 8.4 regexp bug ("can't happen -- you found a bug")
Howdy, The following regsub command causes the above error message in Tcl 8.4: regsub {(^|\n)+\.*b} \n.b "" tmp There's probably room for argument about whether the expression is malformed. But in that case, it should probably say "quantifier operand invalid" rather than "you found a bug". Good luck, -Jonathan Jones According to Jonathan Jones <googlegroups@spitzensparken.com>: :The following regsub command causes the above error message Stop by the SourceForge project and submit a bug report on it. -- <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ > In Go...

3 problems with "A small editor in 8.5.0" ( http://wiki.tcl.tk/20542)
I'm using Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 under WinXP Pro. Problem 1. I don't see any where to specify desired font. There is a code fragment saying ----------- proc textfenster {mframe {master {}}} { if {$master eq {}} { text [set mframe].t -bg white -xscrollcommand [ ---------------------------- which I edited to be ----------- proc textfenster {mframe {master {}}} { if {$master eq {}} { text [set mframe].t -font "Courier 20" -bg white -xscrollcommand [ ---------------------------- It made no difference. Problem 2. Although moving the butto...

Fve Ver5.1 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows)Tcl/Tk_script
Fve Ver5.1 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows)Tcl/Tk_script (File Viewer Editor_Version Fve 5.1) http://www.ne.jp/asahi/kazuo/sasagawa/ For Tcl/Tk 8.4: TclTkAqua 8.4: Tcl/Tk-cygwin 8.4. Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.14 binary packages or "TclTkAqua 8.4.10 binary packages". *Changes(Version5.1) 1 Added a "Specify a set of tab stops" item to Options_Menu. 2 Added a "exec acroread" item to "Options_Menu -> pdf file". (Mac) 3 Added a "hex dump -> use HexEditor" item to Options_Menu. (Mac) 4 Added a "Insert image file." item to File_Menu. 5 Added a "InsertTagImage" Button" to Bottom Menu line. 6 Added a "Unpack InsertTagImage_Button"_CheckButton to View_Menu. 7 Changed "Z" Button to "A" Button. *Overview o Line Spacing. (1 - 24 dot) o Split-window.(vertically or horizontally) o Viewing of cat_file,gz_file,Hex_dump_file,pdf,dvi,ps.file. o Viewing of image file (use package Img). o File copy,rename,chmod,delete,mkdir,rmdir,tar zcvf(unix). o Ftp client. o Others. fve51.tgz --> For Mac OS X(Macintosh(Aqua)),Unix,Windows,Cygwin. (the end of line representation -> "lf") fve51.zip --> For Mac OS X(Macintosh(Aqua)),Unix,Windows,Cygwin. (the end of line representation -> "lf") fve51w.zip --> For Windows,Cygwin. (the end o...

BWidget tree can't be "packed" in latest tcl/tk (8.6.b1.1)
With windows (2k/xp) and 8.6b1 tcl/tk in a tclkit my code works. I just found a newer tclkit, 8.6b1.1 and the below test code is now suddenly broken. It gets an error on the second pack statement: "cannot use geometry manager pack inside .wtree_top.sw which already has slaves managed by grid" Is there a new restriction (or one that is now enforced) that has recently been added that causes this to break? It would be a rather sad development if I could no longer use BWidget trees with the pack manager. -------------------------------------- I built my own tclk...

"BISE RESULTS" "BISE INFORMATIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "KARACHI UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "BCOM RESULTS" "BBA RESULTS" "MBA RESULTS" "M.COM RESULTS" FA/FSC" "B
"BISE RESULTS" "BISE INFORMATIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "KARACHI UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "BCOM RESULTS" "BBA RESULTS" "MBA RESULTS" "M.COM RESULTS" FA/FSC" "BA/BSC RESULTS" ON www.interface-pk.blogspot.com "BISE RESULTS" "BISE INFORMATIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "KARACHI UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "BCOM RESULTS" "BBA RESULTS" "MBA RESULTS" &q...

Web resources about - ANN: Tcl-Tk-Aqua 8.4.14 "universal" installer for OS X - comp.lang.tcl