Ann: Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages for Mac OS X

I've packaged "universal" installers of Tcl/Tk for Mac OS X (both the
Aqua and X11 variants), and the Tile theming extension, for use on Mac
OS X's PPC and Intel architectures. These builds are based on Tcl/Tk
8.4.13. Downloads and more information can be found at
http://tk-components.sourceforge.net/installer/

Thanks.

--
Kevin Walzer
Poetic Code

ANN: Tcl-Tk-Aqua 8.4.14 "universal" installer for OS X
The Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages are distributions of the core Tcl/Tk libraries, plus the Tile theming extension, built to support the PPC and Intel architectures of the Mac OS X platforms. They can be downlaoded at http://tk-components.sourceforge.net/installer/index.html. OVERVIEW OF PACKAGES The Tcl/Tk "Universal" package for Mac OS X are based on the current version of Tcl/Tk at the time of this build, 8.4.14. The Tile extension is version 0.7.8. The packages support the native Aqua version. Aqua The "Aqua" package supports the native Mac windowing environment. It is useful for developing and deploying native Mac OS X applications. With the "Aqua" package, the following will be installed on your machine: *The Tcl and Tk frameworks will be installed in /Library/Frameworks. * The Tcl interpreter, tclsh, and the Tk interpreter, wish, will be installed in /usr/local/bin. *The Tile extension, which adds native Aqua theming to the Tk widgets, will be installed in /Library/Tcl. * The Wish application package will be installed in /Applications/Utilities. A standalone version of Wish, with the Tcl/Tk and Tile libraries embedded in the application package, will be installed in /Applications/Utilities/Wish-Embedded. This package is useful for deploying Tcl/Tk applications to end users.The Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages are distributions of the core Tcl/Tk libraries, plus the Tile theming extension, built to support...

ANN:Fve Ver5.2 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows) Tcl/Tk script
Fve Ver5.2 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows) Tcl/Tk script (File Viewer Editor_Version Fve 5.2) http://www.ne.jp/asahi/kazuo/sasagawa/ For Tcl/Tk 8.4,8.5: TclTkAqua 8.4: Tcl/Tk-cygwin 8.4. Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.18 binary packages or "TclTkAqua 8.4.10 binary packages". *Changes(Version5.2) 1 Added a "Customizing key bingings" item to Tools_Menu. 2 Added several bindings for Mac OS X. Command-a -> Select all Command-c -> Copy Command-e -> Use Selection for Find Command-f -> Find Command-g -> Find Next Command-i -> Insert-mode or Over_write-mode Toggle switch Command-n -> New Buffer Command-s -> Save Shift-Command-s -> Save As Command-v -> Paste Command-w -> Close current buffer Command-x -> Cut Command-z -> Undo Shift-Command-z -> Redo Command-? -> Help Command-+ -> Increase Font Size Command-- -> Decrease Font Size 3 Added a "append mode" checkbutton to the bottom Menu line. When the checkbutton is ON, the selected file is appended to the end of current buffer. 4 Added a "Unpack append_mode_CheckButton"_CheckButton to View_Menu. 5 Added a "Select a Menubar background color" command to View_Menu. (UNIX,WINDOWS) 6 Added "Edit" Menu.install.txt "Undo" "Redo" -------------------- "Cut" "Copy" "Paste" "Select All" *Overview ...

Fve Ver5.1 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows)Tcl/Tk_script
Fve Ver5.1 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows)Tcl/Tk_script (File Viewer Editor_Version Fve 5.1) http://www.ne.jp/asahi/kazuo/sasagawa/ For Tcl/Tk 8.4: TclTkAqua 8.4: Tcl/Tk-cygwin 8.4. Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.14 binary packages or "TclTkAqua 8.4.10 binary packages". *Changes(Version5.1) 1 Added a "Specify a set of tab stops" item to Options_Menu. 2 Added a "exec acroread" item to "Options_Menu -> pdf file". (Mac) 3 Added a "hex dump -> use HexEditor" item to Options_Menu. (Mac) 4 Added a "Insert image file." item to File_Menu. 5 Added a "InsertTagImage" Button" to Bottom Menu line. 6 Added a "Unpack InsertTagImage_Button"_CheckButton to View_Menu. 7 Changed "Z" Button to "A" Button. *Overview o Line Spacing. (1 - 24 dot) o Split-window.(vertically or horizontally) o Viewing of cat_file,gz_file,Hex_dump_file,pdf,dvi,ps.file. o Viewing of image file (use package Img). o File copy,rename,chmod,delete,mkdir,rmdir,tar zcvf(unix). o Ftp client. o Others. fve51.tgz --> For Mac OS X(Macintosh(Aqua)),Unix,Windows,Cygwin. (the end of line representation -> "lf") fve51.zip --> For Mac OS X(Macintosh(Aqua)),Unix,Windows,Cygwin. (the end of line representation -> "lf") fve51w.zip --> For Windows,Cygwin. (the end o...

Looking for binary "expect" and "TCL/Tk" (if required) for OpenServer6
Does anybody know where to find "expect" (and related requirements) for OpenServer6? I can download the source files from nist.gov, but they do not compile. The MAN pages are already loaded on the system, so I suspect the programs would be on the distribution media somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick On 9 Feb, 17:57, Rick_Hoyle <motosl...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Does anybody know where to find "expect" (and related requirements) > for OpenServer6? I can download the source files from nist.gov, but > they do not compile. The MAN pages are al...

Using "source" vs "package require" for Tcl application files
I would like to divide my Tcl application into separate files. Should I generally use "source" to combine the files, or should I use the package mechanism (package provide, package require, etc.)? What is the generally accepted practice? Thanks, Gregg On 30 dec, 01:04, GB <g...@invalid.invalid> wrote: > I would like to divide my Tcl application into separate files. Should I > generally use "source" to combine the files, or should I use the package > mechanism (package provide, package require, etc.)? > > What is the generally accepted practice? > > Thanks, > > Gregg IMHO use [source]. My reasoning: - The package mechanism is meant for getting access to general-purpose libraries, installed directly under the Tcl installation. - You talk of source files for your own application. So I would expect these files to reside in a directory containing that application. Then [source] is easier to use - and you guarantee that you get the source files from your application (otherwise a random package with the same name from the installation could interfer, if you are not careful with the library path) - Using [source] also makes it clear that these files are meant for your application only, not for more general purposes. Regards, Arjen Arjen Markus wrote: > On 30 dec, 01:04, GB <g...@invalid.invalid> wrote: >> I would like to divide my Tcl application into separate files. Should I >> gen...

What is the "correct" way nowadays to compile tcl extensions for OS X?
Hi all, I have an application that has two tcl extensions in C, libA & libB. libB depends on libA, so I load libA first, and then libB, through "load -global". In general this works under windows, linux, and OS X, with one exception: If I wrap the application with activestate's TDK, libB cannot be loaded under OS X. (It works for windows & linux) It says that libA is not available, despite the fact that it has been loaded into the application with load -global. So, I am thinking whether I am doing something wrong during the build process. otool -h...

Do we have any tcl/tk package which is similar to perl's "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel"
Hi all, Do we have any tcl/tk package which is similar to perl's "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" ? Cheers, iand On Jan 13, 2:17=A0pm, iand <ianda...@gmail.com> wrote: > Do we have any tcl/tk package which is similar to perl's > "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" ? Is writing a CSV file good enough? There's a package for that in tcllib. (Otherwise, use tcom to talk to a running Excel instance; that lets you do pretty much anything you want.) Donal. On 13.01.2011 17:31, Donal K. Fellows wrote: > On Jan 13, 2:17 pm, iand<ianda...@gmail.com> wrote: >> Do we have any tcl/tk package which is similar to perl's >> "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" ? > > Is writing a CSV file good enough? There's a package for that in > tcllib. (Otherwise, use tcom to talk to a running Excel instance; that > lets you do pretty much anything you want.) > > Donal. For a higher level access to some of the COM functionality of Excel, you can try my TcomExcel package at http://www.posoft.de/html/extTcomExcel.html Paul On Jan 13, 10:31=A0am, "Donal K. Fellows" <donal.k.fell...@manchester.ac.uk> wrote: > On Jan 13, 2:17=A0pm, iand <ianda...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Do we have any tcl/tk package which is similar to perl's > > "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel" ? > > Is writing a CSV file good enough? There's a package for that in > tcllib. (Otherwise, use tcom to ta...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

ANN:Fve Ver5.3 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Unix/Windows)
Fve Ver5.3 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Unix/Windows) (File_Viewer Editor Version -- Fve Version 5.3) http://www.ne.jp/asahi/kazuo/sasagawa/ For Tcl/Tk 8.4,8.5,8.6: TclTkAqua 8.4. *Changes(Version5.3) 1 Added a key binding ("Option + Space" --> exec cocoEdit) to the Text widget under Mac OS X. ( Under Mac OS X, cjk input method can not work now on Tk 8.4,8.5,8.6, so I made a editor cocoEdit that is a cocoa application with Xcode.) **Usage** 1 In the Text Widget of Fve, "Option-space" --> exec cocoEdit and focus to cocoEdit. 2 Input the text of Chinese, Japanese, Korean or the other language such as Vietnamese. 3 "Copy the all text to Clipboard" Button or "Command-M" --> "Cut" the all data. 4 Focus to Fve with the mouse. 5 Paste the data to Fve. 6 "Option-space" --> focus to cocoEdit again. 2 Added the "fullscreen" mode to Unix mode. 3 Fixed the bug of "tabspace" at restart of Fve. 4 Added "History" Menu. 5 Added the "Choose the maximum of History" item to Option Menu. 6 Added the "Reload Text With Encoding" item to Buffer Menu. 7 Fixed the bug not to be able to set the selection anchor to the position of the insertion cursor with Control-Space. 8 Delete the "Html Viewer(Fve_html)" item of Html_Menu. *Overvi...

Are Tcl and Tk "inseparable"?
Hi, I am a Ruby user and probably I will have to use Tk in order to get nice GUIs. Now, the problem is that: Learning a new language (Ruby) is already time consuming enough. Do I have to learn also Tcl in order to use Tk? Can't I use Tk alone? (Umm, well, not so alone, together with Ruby, I mean) Thanks in advance. Surgeon schrieb: > Hi, > > I am a Ruby user and probably I will have to use Tk in order to get > nice GUIs. Now, the problem is that: Learning a new language (Ruby) is > already time consuming enough. Do I have to learn also Tcl in order to > use Tk? Can't I use Tk alone? (Umm, well, not so alone, together with > Ruby, I mean) The Perl community ripped Tcl from their PerlTk package, but it was just slower, less up to date and more memory hungry. So in principle one could separate Tk from Tcl, but its not worth it. But your question goes in a different direction: The Ruby/Tk binding wraps Tk into a set of Ruby Objects, so you are using Ruby when you create Ruby/Tk programs. So you do not need to learn Tcl to be able to use RubyTk, but it could help in translating advanced Tk examples found on the Tcl'ers wiki (http://wiki.tcl.tk). But you have to learn the options and functions of your libraries, as you have to do for any other package. Michael Surgeon <biyokuantum@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am a Ruby user and probably I will have to use Tk in order > to get nice GUIs. Now, the problem is that: Learning a ...

"Sayonara Tcl/Tk"
It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=333 Στις 29/4/2013 11:49, ο/η saxo3800@gmail.com έγραψε: > It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. > > http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=333 > I think that he has a point regarding threads. George On Apr 29, 11:02=C2=A0am, Georgios Petasis <peta...@iit.demokritos.gr> wrote: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 29/4/2013 11:49, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 saxo3...@gmail.co= m =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: > > > It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. > > >http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=3D16&t=3D333 > > I think that he has a point regarding threads. Sure. Though I'm curious to know what specific problem of his is so much better served by explicit locks and shared vars than by message passing, given the context. It's not as if he was worried by lost nanoseconds in mutex contention. -Alex Στις 29/4/2013 20:07, ο/η Alexandre Ferrieux έγραψε: > On Apr 29, 11:02 am, Georgios Petasis <peta...@iit.demokritos.gr> > wrote: >> Στις 29/4/2013 11:49, ο/η saxo3...@gmail.com έγραψε: >> >>> It seems that someone is really upset about Tcl/Tk. >> >>> http://forum.sqlitestudio.pl/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=333 >> >> I think that he has a point regarding threads. > > Sure. Though I'...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

"stanford university " "stanford university usa" "stanford university history" "stanford university mba" "stanford university press" "stanford university admissions" on http://stanford-edu.bl
"stanford university " "stanford university usa" "stanford university history" "stanford university mba" "stanford university press" "stanford university admissions" on http://stanford-edu.blogspot.com/ "stanford university " "stanford university usa" "stanford university history" "stanford university mba" "stanford university press" "stanford university admissions" on http://stanford-edu.blogspot.com/ "stanford university " "stanford university usa" &qu...

Ann. Fve Ver5.1 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows)
[...]

Ann. Fve Ver5.0 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows)
Fve Ver5.0 (Editor for "Mac OS X"/Cygwin/Unix/Windows)Tcl/Tk_script (File Viewer Editor_Version Fve 5.0) http://www18.ocn.ne.jp/~sasagawa/ For Tcl/Tk 8.4: TclTkAqua 8.4: Tcl/Tk-cygwin 8.4. Please use ActiveTcl 8.4.11 binary packages or "TclTkAqua 8.4.10 binary packages". *Changes(Version5.0) 1 Added Fve new version for Macintosh(Aqua). 2 Changed the split window method (use panedwindow command). 3 Fixed the bug of "Replace Button" of "Copy Files" of "Tools Menu". 4 Added "z" Button, "Z" Button. (Mac,Windows) 5 Added a "Specify the encoding" item to Options_Menu. 6 Added a "image view -> use Preview" item to Options_Menu. (Mac) 7 Added "exec Preview" to "ps file" and "pdf file" items of Options_Menu. (Mac) 8 Added a "Use Safari" item to Html_Menu. (Mac) 9 The file name of ".fvemrc" changed to ".fverc". 10 Added a "rename files" MenuBottun to the "Copy Files" window (Tools Menu). Overview o Line Spacing. (1 - 24 dot) o Split a window.(vertically or horizontally) o View cat_file,gz_file,Hex_dump_file.(unix) o View a gif_file. o Run xdvi or ghostview(gv) when the file_extension is "dvi" or "ps". (unix) o File copy,rename,chmod,delete,mkdir,rmdir,tar zcvf(unix). o There is not keyboard_macr...

"BISE RESULTS" "BISE INFORMATIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "KARACHI UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "BCOM RESULTS" "BBA RESULTS" "MBA RESULTS" "M.COM RESULTS" FA/FSC" "B
"BISE RESULTS" "BISE INFORMATIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "KARACHI UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "BCOM RESULTS" "BBA RESULTS" "MBA RESULTS" "M.COM RESULTS" FA/FSC" "BA/BSC RESULTS" ON www.interface-pk.blogspot.com "BISE RESULTS" "BISE INFORMATIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY ADMISSIONS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "KARACHI UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "BCOM RESULTS" "BBA RESULTS" "MBA RESULTS" &q...

"ADMISSION IN MBA" "ADMISSION IN BA/BSC" "ADMISSION IN MBA FINANCE" "ADMISSION IN PUNJAB UNIVERSITY" "ADMISSION IN IBA" "ADMISSION IN LUMS" "ADMISSION IN KARACHI UNIVERSITY" "UNIVERSITY IN PAK
"ADMISSION IN MBA" http://admissionspk.blogspot.com/ "ADMISSION IN BA/BSC" http://admissionspk.blogspot.com/ "ADMISSION IN MBA FINANCE" http://admissionspk.blogspot.com/ "ADMISSION IN PUNJAB UNIVERSITY" http://admissionspk.blogspot.com/ "ADMISSION IN IBA" http://admissionspk.blogspot.com/ "ADMISSION IN LUMS" http://admissionspk.blogspot.com/ "ADMISSION IN KARACHI UNIVERSITY" http://admissionspk.blogspot.com/ "UNIVERSITY IN PAKISTAN" http://admissionspk.blogspot.com/ "ADMISSION IN KARACHI"...

"PUNJAB UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "KARACHI UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "PESHAWAR UNIVERSITY LAHORE" "HAZARA UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY" "RESULTS" "BA BSC MA MSC BBA MBA MBA-IT CA ACCA CAT PIPFA
"PUNJAB UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "KARACHI UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "PESHAWAR UNIVERSITY LAHORE" "HAZARA UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY" "RESULTS" "BA BSC MA MSC BBA MBA MBA-IT CA ACCA CAT PIPFA ON http://interface-pk.blogspot.com/ "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "KARACHI UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "PESHAWAR UNIVERSITY LAHORE" "HAZARA UNIVERSITY RESULTS" "PUNJAB UNIVERSITY" "RESULTS" "BA BSC MA MSC BBA MBA MBA-IT CA ACCA CAT PIPFA ON http://interface-pk.blogspo...

"prompt" dialog for Tcl/Tk
Hey folks, I noticed Tk has some handy default modal dialogs: tk_messageBox, tk_chooseDirectory, tk_openFile, and so on. One particular form of dialog I would like to find - but don't know if it exists - is a "prompt" dialog similar to a browser's native "prompt" dialog for JavaScript, which pops up a modal dialog with a label, a single text entry field, and "OK" and "Cancel" buttons, and returns the string value of its entry field when the user clicks "OK" (or null if the user clicks "Cancel"). Since browser makers have seen fit to include this as a core native widget for the browser, I'd be surprised if Tk didn't have something similar (before I go off & try building one on my own). Thanks, David On May 10, 12:41=A0pm, David Golightly <davig...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey folks, > > I noticed Tk has some handy default modal dialogs: tk_messageBox, > tk_chooseDirectory, tk_openFile, and so on. =A0One particular form of > dialog I would like to find - but don't know if it exists - is a > "prompt" dialog similar to a browser's native "prompt" dialog for > JavaScript, which pops up a modal dialog with a label, a single text > entry field, and "OK" and "Cancel" buttons, and returns the string > value of its entry field when the user clicks "OK" (or null if the > user clicks "Cancel"). =A0Since br...

Mac OS X and "Open with"
Hi, How do I get file passed to application when I start it by picking my application to open the file with in "Open with" dialog? There's nothing in argv variable. Using Mac OS X 10.5 (is it different in 10.6 and 10.7?). Regards, Googie Am 22.12.11 22:14, schrieb Googie: > Hi, > > How do I get file passed to application when I start it by picking my > application to open the file with in "Open with" dialog? > There's nothing in argv variable. Using Mac OS X 10.5 (is it different > in 10.6 and 10.7?). On Mac OS, you get an event after the program has started. The event is delivered by Tcl by calling ::tk::mac::OpenDocument with a list of file names. A nice goodie: implementing this function also give you drop-accept onto the dock icon of the running program Christian On Dec 22, 11:33=A0pm, Christian Gollwitzer <aurio...@gmx.de> wrote: > Am 22.12.11 22:14, schrieb Googie: > > > Hi, > > > How do I get file passed to application when I start it by picking my > > application to open the file with in "Open with" dialog? > > There's nothing in argv variable. Using Mac OS X 10.5 (is it different > > in 10.6 and 10.7?). > > On Mac OS, you get an event after the program has started. The event is > delivered by Tcl by calling ::tk::mac::OpenDocument with a list of file > names. A nice goodie: implementing this function also give you > drop-accept onto the d...

"Multithreaded" tcl/tk problem?
Hello In short: I ran into serious problems when developing multithreded Tcl/ Tk application in C. After spending (literally!) weeks on debugging and tests, I believe that it narrows down to Tcl/Tk bugs in multithread mode. I tried to find something over net on such problems, but to no success :-( I'll be very grateful if someone could confirm that, or perhaps point out what I'm doing wrong...here's detailed description: I have Win32 C++ application (SCADA/HMI program) which may contain several (from zero to literally hundreths) independent Tcl/Tk "modules". Module is my own term here, and it boils down to separate thread, with it's own tcl interpreter. I also create a "container window" in module's thread, and initialize Tk in this interpreter (via Tk_Init) so that "container window" becomes parent window for this Tk's instance "main window" (this is done via setting global "argv" variable to "-use container_id"). After initialization, thread load script from file into interpreter and enters fairly standard event loop, processing both windows messages and Tcl events. Some of messages (defined by RegisterWindowsMessage) are used to carry commands from other threads - when I receive such message I call some Tcl function in interpreter, by usual Tcl_Eval( "functionName" ) call. This code in turn does some Tcl work, like setting GUI up, displaying information for the user, sometimes i...

why "::", not "."

"out" and "in out"

Web resources about - Ann: Tcl/Tk "Universal" packages for Mac OS X - comp.lang.tcl