ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.14 Release

Tcl/Tk 8.4.14 Release Announcement
October 19, 2006

The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.14 releases of the Tcl
dynamic language and the Tk toolkit.  This is the fourteenth patch release
of Tcl/Tk 8.4.  More details can be found below.  We would like to
express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches.
This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate
problems in the core.

Where to get the new releases:
------------------------------

Tcl/Tk 8.4.14 sources are freely available as open source from the
Tcl Developer Xchange web site at:

         http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html

This web page also contains additional information about the releases,
including new features and notes about installing and compiling the
releases.  Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge
project's file distribution area:

Binaries for most major platforms are available from:

         http://www.activestate.com/Tcl

For additional information:
---------------------------

Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site:

         http://www.tcl.tk/

This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the
core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more.

Thank you for your contributions:
---------------------------------

As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community.
We have a page honoring these contributors at:

         http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/contributors.html

Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.4.13:
--------------------------------------

The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.4.14.  A complete list
can be found in the changes file at the root of the source tree.  The
more complete ChangeLog is also included with each source release.  This
is a patch release, so it primarily included bug fixes and corrections
to erratic behavior.  Below are only the most notable changes.

   * Tk_PhotoPutBlock performance restored (JPEG image loading).

   * [namespace inscope] change reverted; harmed Itcl.

   * Made [expr {srand(.)}] accept wide integer argument.

   * Made [lappend $invalidList] raise an error.

   * Improved [text] delete performance.

   * Support for the WM_UNICHAR window message on Windows

   * Stopped excess variable writes by [scale].

   * Tcl_Main no longer blocks main loop start for one interactive command.

   * [console] made thread safe.

   * Thread-enabled configuration uses MT-safe system calls.

   * Many Aqua/Tk bug fixes and improvements, see changes file.

   * Made unthreaded notifier naked-fork-safe on Darwin.

   * Support for weak linking on Mac OS X.

   * msgcat support for CFLocale on Darwin (msgcat 1.3.4)

   * Fixed crashes due to alignment issues in encoding translation routines.

   * Fixed crash with [listbox -listvariable] on namespace variable.

   * Fixed crash when Tcl_DeleteTrace changes proc on the active stack.

   * Fixed crash when normalizing filesystem pathnames.

   * Fixed crash due to invalid font name from XServer.

   * Several 64-bit bugs fixed and platform support enhanced.

--
Tcl Core Team and Maintainers
Don Porter, Tcl Core Release Manager

--
| Don Porter          Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division |
| donald.porter@nist.gov             Information Technology Laboratory |

Don Porter wrote:
> Tcl/Tk 8.4.14 Release Announcement
> October 19, 2006
<snip>

Kudos to all who helped to make it happen!   : )

Robert

0
sigzero (1319)
10/19/2006 7:55:22 PM
Hi Don.

Don Porter <dgp@nist.gov> wrote:
>          http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html

Would it be possible to add a link to a Bug Reports form of some kind?

The bug I'd like to report is trivial, and may well have been fixed
in this latest version. (Just that the Tk button rendering on Aqua
differs dramatically between -text and -image options.)

It'd be nice to have somewhere obvious to report little things like
this to though without having to post here and hope someone sees it.

Cheers.

0
hfrarg3 (215)
10/20/2006 7:42:33 PM
Synic wrote:
> Hi Don.
>
> Don Porter <dgp@nist.gov> wrote:
>>          http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html
>
> Would it be possible to add a link to a Bug Reports form of some kind?
>
> The bug I'd like to report is trivial, and may well have been fixed
> in this latest version. (Just that the Tk button rendering on Aqua
> differs dramatically between -text and -image options.)
>
> It'd be nice to have somewhere obvious to report little things like
> this to though without having to post here and hope someone sees it.
>
> Cheers.

The SourceForge link on the referneced page takes you the SF site
where Tcl/Tk is developed/maintained and is where the bug tracker is located.
You can search and see if the bug is already reported, or submit a new bug.

bruce
0
bruce-news (900)

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 Release Announcement November 22, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.8 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eighth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.14 release
Release candidates are available: ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/tcl8.4.14rc2-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/tk8.4.14rc2-src.tar.gz I'm often wrong about such things, but I think these candidates will become the actual release. Please find and report any reason that should not happen. Without such a report, expect the release to become official on Thursday or Friday. Off to write release notes... -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| ...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.17 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.4.17 Release Announcement January 4, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.17 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventeenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.17 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.4.16: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.4.17. A complete list can be...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.5 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.5 Release Announcement November 24, 2003 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.5 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http:/...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.15 released
Tcl/Tk 8.4.15 Release Announcement May 25, 2007 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.15 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.15 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.4.14: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.4.15. A complete list can be found in the...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.11 Release Announcement
Tcl/Tk 8.4.11 Release Announcement June 28, 2005 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.11 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the eleventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.11 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl In addition, Mac OS X binaries are available from: http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/ For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contribut...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 Release Announcement
Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 Release Announcement July 27, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.7 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the seventh patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http:/...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.10 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.10 Release Announcement June 4, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.10 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the tenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.10 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl In addition, Mac OS X binaries are available from: http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/ For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 Release Announcement March 1, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.6 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://ww...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 rpms with thread 2.5.2 extension
You may find the specification file, that you can use to build the rpm binaries on your Redhat (Suse may also work) system at: http://jfontain.free.fr/tcltk-8.4.4-1.spec To build, download the Tcl/Tk 8.4.4 and Thread 2.5.2 sources from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tcl/ into your /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ directory, place the specification file in your /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ directory, then from that directory, type: # rpmbuild -bb --clean tcltk-8.4.4-1.spec Note: you may change the installation directory and turn on the thread extension at the beginning of the specification file. J...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 rpm specification with thread 2.5.2 extension
http://jfontain.free.fr/tcltk-8.4.8-1.spec Generated and tested on an up-to-date Red Hat Fedora Core 3 i386 system. The rpms can install under /opt/tcltk (see notes below) in order not to conflict and peacefully coexist with the stock Redhat Tcl and Tk rpms. To build the rpms, download the Tcl/Tk 8.4.8 and Thread 2.5.2 sources from http://download.sourceforge.net/tcl/ into the /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ directory, place the specification file in the /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ directory, then from that directory, type: # rpmbuild -bb --clean tcltk-8.4.8-1.spec Notes: - You may change the insta...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.3, Itcl 4.0.2, sqlite 3.8.7 Release Candidates
Release candidate downloads of the 8.6.3 releases of Tcl and Tk, Itcl 4.0.2, and sqlite 3.8.7 may now be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/8.6.3/ The actual releases of these files should come on October 29. Until then, enjoy this advance preview, and if you find anything catastrophically wrong with them, please inform me so we can fix the problem before the true release. -- | Don Porter Applied and Computational Mathematics Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5a2 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.5a2 Release Announcement December 7, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5a2 releases of the Tcl scripting language and the Tk toolkit. This is the second alpha release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5a2 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http:...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5a3 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.5a3 Release Announcement June 4, 2004 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5a3 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the third alpha release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5a3 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/contributors.html Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5a2: --------------...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5a5 Release
Tcl/Tk 8.5a5 Release Announcement October 20, 2006 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5a5 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fifth alpha release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5a5 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/contributors.html Summary of Change...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5b3 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5b3 Release Announcement November 19, 2007 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5b3 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the third beta release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5b3 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/contributors.html Summary of Chang...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.6a1 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.6a1 Release Announcement June 25, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6a1 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the first alpha release of Tcl/Tk 8.6. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.6a1 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.6.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.6a1. A complete list can be found in the ...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 release
Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 Release Announcement April 26, 2007 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5a6 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth alpha release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/contributors.html Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5a5: -----------...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.15 release
Release candidates are available: ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/tcl8.4.15rc2-src.tar.gz ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/tk8.4.15rc2-src.tar.gz I'm often wrong about such things, but I think these candidates will become the actual release. Please find and report any reason that should not happen. Without such a report, expect the release to become official on Friday. Off to write release notes... -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| On May 23, 1:34 pm, Don Porter <d...@nist.gov> wrote: > Release candidates are available: > > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/tcl8.4.15rc2-src.tar.gz > ftp://ftp.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/tcl8_4/tk8.4.15rc2-src.tar.gz > > I'm often wrong about such things, but I think these candidates will > become the actual release. > > Please find and report any reason that should not happen. > > Without such a report, expect the release to become official on Friday. > > Off to write release notes... > > -- > | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | > | donald.por...@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | > |http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIS...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.13 released
Tcl/Tk 8.4.13 Release Announcement April 19, 2006 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.13 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the thirteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.13 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Thank you for your contributions: --------------------------------- As usual, this release includes contributions from the Tcl community. We have a page honoring these contributors at: http://...

Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 Release Announcement August 15, 2008 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.5.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.5.3: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.5.4. A complete list can be found in the...

Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 Release Announcement March 12, 2015 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.6.4 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the fourth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.6. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.6.4 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site...

Tcl/Tk 8.4.16 RELEASED
Tcl/Tk 8.4.16 Release Announcement September 21, 2007 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.4.16 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixteenth patch release of Tcl/Tk 8.4. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Where to get the new releases: ------------------------------ Tcl/Tk 8.4.16 sources are freely available as open source from the Tcl Developer Xchange web site at: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html This web page also contains additional information about the releases, including new features and notes about installing and compiling the releases. Sources are always available from the Tcl SourceForge project's file distribution area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10894 Binaries for most major platforms are available from: http://www.activestate.com/Tcl For additional information: --------------------------- Please visit the Tcl Developer Xchange web site: http://www.tcl.tk/ This site contains a variety of information about Tcl/Tk in general, the core Tcl and Tk distributions, Tcl development tools, and much more. Summary of Changes since Tcl/Tk 8.4.15: -------------------------------------- The following were the main changes in Tcl/Tk 8.4.16. A complete list can be f...

Web resources about - ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.14 Release - comp.lang.tcl