Anyone knows of a Tcl port to Palm Os 5.x ? ( palm-tcl no longer supported )

Hi Guys,
Is therea tcl port to the current Plam OS ?
I believe palm-tcl is no longer supported :(

Regards,
Sean - HeliHobby.com

0
born2net (15)

According to  <born2net@sbcglobal.net>:
:Hi Guys,
:Is therea tcl port to the current Plam OS ?
:I believe palm-tcl is no longer supported :(

Which one of these palm tcls do you mean?

 What: Palm Tcl
 Where: <URL: http://palm-tcl.sf.net/ >
	features such as user interface elements (title bars, menus, labels,
	text fields, lists, buttons of various types, checkboxes, selector
	triggers, popup triggers, time/date selectors, tables), database
	support (creation, deletion, update, listing), system functions
	(sound, clipboard, launching apps, system event handling), etc.
	Currently at version 0.4 .
 Updated: 01/2002
 Contact: <URL: mailto:palmtcl@yahoo.com >

 What: PalmTcl
 Where: <URL: http://www.patentburner.com/%7Eovercode/PalmTcl-test.tar.gz > ???
 Updated: 05/2001
 Contact: <URL: mailto:overcode@cc.gatech.edu > (John R. Hall)

 What: Toucan
 Where: <URL: http://sf.net/projects/toucan/ >
	applications on the desktop. The idea is that you develop the
	applications on the desktop, then compile the applications into
	a file that can then be installed on the Palm OS device or simulator.
	Runs on Unix/Windows platforms. Requires Tcl/Tk 8.3.4 or newer.
	Currently at version 1.2.2 .
 Updated: 01/2003
 Contact: <URL: mailto:maccody@attbi.com >

--
0
lvirden (1938)

Tcl for Palm OS?
Is there any implementation of Tcl that will work, or could be made to work, on Palm OS? If not, is there any reason why it would be impossible in principle? David McClamrock Pa_McClamrock wrote: > Is there any implementation of Tcl that will work, or could be made to > work, on Palm OS? If not, is there any reason why it would be > impossible in principle? David McClamrock You might want to look at: http://toucan.sourceforge.net/ Dave davidhbige...@simplifiedlogic.com wrote: > You might want to look at: > http://toucan.sourceforge.net/ Thanks! OK, I looked, and found that Toucan provides an environment for developing Palm Tcl applications. I also found that Palm Tcl is based on Tcl 7.6(!) and the main SourceForge page for it <http://palm-tcl.sourceforge.net/> carries this message: > Warning: Palm Tcl is no longer being actively developed. The current releases support V3.x of Palm OS and not any later versions. Is there, or could there be, anything a bit more up-to-date? David McClamrock Pa_McClamrock wrote: > Is there any implementation of Tcl that will work, or could be made to > work, on Palm OS? If not, is there any reason why it would be > impossible in principle? David McClamrock > There are/were two separate ports, see: http://wiki.tcl.tk/2861 However, I've never managed to get either working satisfactorily on my Sony Clie. Both seemed to cause frequent device resets, and were pretty limited from my experie...

TCL/TK Does not have serial port support API in Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger in a mac mini
Over the last couple of weeks I have been trying to figure out why I had no communications with a USB > Serial converter and tonight I discovered that there is no serial port support in the TCL/TK installed in MAC OS X 10.4 Mac mini. % fconfigure stdin -blocking 1 -buffering line -buffersize 4096 -encoding utf-8 -eofchar {} -translation auto I went to the Mac install on the CD-ROMs and found nothing on tcl/tk. What should I use to remove the old TCL/TK packages and install a better version? I found the aqua site tcl site and should I just install that full package binary and make the ch...

Upgrade palm os 3.5 to palm os 5.4
Hi there can anyone help me out as to how do i upgrade palm os 3.5 to palm os 5.4. Also can anyone tell me where to find the HotSync Manager 3.1.1. On Thursday 02 of February 2006 09:39 loki wrote: > Hi there can anyone help me out as to how do i upgrade palm os 3.5 to > palm os 5.4. You can't. -- Life is a beach and then you dive... Marcin On 2006-02-02, loki <lokimetalhead@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi there can anyone help me out as to how do i upgrade palm os 3.5 to > palm os 5.4. You can't. Palm OS 5.x only runs on Palms with ARM CPUs. And P...

Tcl 8.4.x & tcl-dp 4.0.x
Has anyone built tcl-dp 4.0.x on windows against Tcl 8.4.x ? Is it possible to get the windows dll and the source code with modifications? ...

Palm OS 5 vs Palm OS 6
Is it still worth getting a Palm OS 5 device.......even if we all know that Palm OS 6 is coming this December? Supposedly there will be so many changes (the new OS has been rewritten from the bottom-up) that new Palm OS 6 software will not work on OS 5. If a million Zires have really been sold by Palm, this probably gives developers a great reason to make their software backward compatible with OS 4! But if they do, they will NEVER take advantage of the new Palm OS 6's new architecture. It's like damned if they do, damned if they don't... > Is it still worth getting a Palm OS...

[9fans] tcl 9p support? (via tcl vfs?)
Only recently I discovered that there is vfs support in tcl. Any informed opinions on how involved it would be to extend it with 9p support? It would find it rather interesting if one could easily write 9p clients, or even better, simple 9p servers, in tcl, also on systems that have no native 9p support. (why tcl? I already have some stuff written in it; it seems the tclkit/starkit approach makes it easy to do simple cross-platform deployment) Axel. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --upas-pryjthyfjwrpwratisaxhamtpa Content-Disposition: inline Content-Type: text/plain; charset...

Is tcl exec function supported under Mac OS X?
I've always read in the documentation about tcl at http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.3/TclCmd/contents.htm that exec (as well as pipes) are not implemented for Mac OS platforms. I was recently trying tclsh under Darwin and to my surprise exec calls seemed to work. Could someone please confirm whether exec is supported in the new tcl/tk Aqua packages maintained by sourceforge at http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/ / Karl Karl D wrote: > I've always read in the documentation about tcl at > http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.3/TclCmd/contents.htm > that exec (as well as pipes) are not implemented > for Mac OS platforms. > I was recently trying tclsh under Darwin and to > my surprise exec calls seemed to work. Could someone > please confirm whether exec is supported in the new > tcl/tk Aqua packages maintained by sourceforge at > http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/ exec works fine on OS X, not on Mac Classic. -- Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos Jeff Hobbs <jeffh@removethis.activestate.com> wrote in message news:<4169FBB7.6080502@removethis.activestate.com>... > Karl D wrote: > > I've always read in the documentation about tcl at > > http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.3/TclCmd/contents.htm > > that exec (as well as pipes) are not implemented > > for Mac OS platforms. > > I was recently trying tclsh under Darwin and to > > my surprise exec calls seemed to work. Co...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "You can't apply regexp to something which must be parsed." - tom.rmadilo, hyperbolically contributing to an extended exploration of perspectives on HTTP: use vs. prescription, client vs. server, ... http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/3cabf= cb012531344/ Thanks to Arjen Markus for his weekly summary of Wiki activity: November already! Doesn't time fly? Since it does, let's get on with the summary rightaway. - Nifty little thing, that clipboard. Pity not all programs work nicely together to manage it. So, here is a small Tcl program to solve a problem that Eclipse and Klipper seem to cause together: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/24626> - While very much "work in progress", nevertheless it can be useful already this PDF viewer for gnocl. Check it out at: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/24617> - Ah, databases for spatial data, and an extension to SQLite at that - this tool can be found at: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/23457> - Talking of tools, how about an editor for XML files and similar: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/6622> - Remember the small footprint implementation of Tcl, called Jim? It is stil there: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/13693> - A tool to remember too: viewing differences between files via Eskil - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/10556> - Last but not least, the monthly 3D demo at <http://wiki.tcl.tk/ 17771> Everything Tcl-related you want is probably one or tw...

[...]

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to support other researchers in their work. To get completely rid of Tcl, they even started to reimplement all things, I wrote in Tcl in Python just to have it in a language, that most of them know (which is a good decision on the one hand, but on the other hand, I think, it would be better to simply learn Tcl ;-), which made me a little bit sad. Now there is a new collegue who has to maintain some of the things I wrote. Comming from Perl he wasn't exactly enthusiastic when he heard, that he must maintain my old code in such an obscure language.. Two weeks ago, I got mail from him. He's just studying a complex system of scripts that are used for a sandboxed build system for source code which comes from external untrusted source and must be compiled and tested. Of course it's written in Tcl (and some bash-Scripting). He told me, that although he has never looked at Tcl before,...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "[M]egawidgets are harder than they look; getting focus handling right is usually the prime problem." - Donal K. Fellows Thanks to Arjen Markus for his weekly summary of Wiki activity: As you may noted, it is now even simpler to create a new page on the Wiki: just press the link "Create new page". That said, here is the summary! Symbolism - Fed up with the verbosity of mathematical mark-up languages like MathML? Here is an alternative - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/25681> - Extract the documentation of your program from your source files. Just a bit of mark-up is required - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/25378> - While most if not all western languages are written from left to right, that is just a conventional choice. Chinese can be written in several ways. From top to bottom for instance: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/25658> More mark-up stuff - The never-ending story about parsing HTML and XML ... the answer is simple: simple stuff can be done in a simple way. But not everything is simple. For the first category, do have a look at <http://wiki.tcl.tk/14517> - From scalable vector graphics to the good old canvas and back: these Wiki pages lead the way: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/2893> discusses SVG and <http://wiki.tcl.tk/25690> and <http://wiki.tcl.tk/4940> implement the link. More imaging - Wave forms - analyse and measure! Here is a nice tool to do...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: > if 1 [ linsert [ grid slaves .m ] 0 grid forget ] Okay, that's painfully clever. I don't think it quite reaches the level of 'elegant', but it's close. It somehow reminds me of Bullwinkle accidentally pulling a rhinoceros out of a hat. Me and Bobby McGee er Alan Anderson on c.l.t http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/c5d71e05b5dbd97f ZB, don't even *try* to figure out what's going on here unless you enjoy unraveling knots (or solving murder mysteries). :-) POTW: ANN: TclTalk 0.3.7 by Shin (the Djiin?) http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/f7e7abbe8697ca0d TclTalk (Browsers And Workspaces For Tclkit) has reached 0.3.7. I fixed some bugs with "File/Save,Save As...", which came up after switching to Ctext. There is also a new feature: Integrated SDX functionality. To create turnkey starkits, TclTalk no longer needs a copy of sdx.exe or sdx.kit lying around. Homepage: http://tcltalk.ath.cx ANNOUNCE: libmsgque 2.4 by Andreas Otto http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/d5cb1362107ee43a The libmsgque project is an infrastructure for linking applications together to act like a single application. This is done using unix or inet domain sockets. The framework handles all aspects of setting up and maintaining the link: * starting and stopping the different applications, * starting and ...

tcl application with tcl application

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: Heh, I just realised. Doubtless that sometime in 2010 someone will ask the same question about why one would write: foreach {x y} $xy break instead of lassign $xy x y (and people will inevitably still complain that Tcl doesn't evolve) slebetman on c.l.t http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/644c6f9be8d1ce01 And always remember -- no one reads messageboxes anyway. They just click the default. Pat Thoyts POTW: ANN: Coccinella 0.96.0 http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/7441b57194350ce0 Although I don't normally announce my Coccinella application here, I thought other developers might find useful code. Help yourself. If you find something useful I can give you any license you want. Small parts you just steal as is common practice. Homepage: http://coccinella.im/ Downloads: http://coccinella.im/download ANNOUNCE: InstallJammer 1.2b1 Released! http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/70e65204c894b41e s is a beta release of the new 1.2 branch. It includes lots of bug fixes and new enhancements. This should be a fairly short beta cycle, so I'm hoping for only a single beta release before final. Please test thoroughly. What is it? InstallJammer is a free, open source, multiplatform GUI installer and builder designed to be completely cross-platform and function on Windows and most all v...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "[N]obody can test expect in-house." - Colin McCormack Get your GSoC applications in THIS FRIDAY: http://www.tcl.tk/gsoc/ There are several possibilities for a list of checkboxes: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/57= 01b8ffbfb5e77f Coincidentally, "finalization" from Expect scripting also is manifold. Uwe Klein provides a list: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/87= 920a3d2264d00c Ouch! TkGecko loses (implicit) support: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/a5= 189333cf64a0b3 Thanks to Arjen Markus for his mostly-weekly Wiki reports: From a corner of the world that ought to be sunny and bright (and obviously is not!) your chronicler reports ... A picture says more ... - Converting text into a picture may not have a very esthetically pleasing effect, but it sure is a nice trick: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/ 14678> - Much more elegant are these celtic knots - ornamentally elegant, one might say! <http://wiki.tcl.tk/28191> is the starting point. - Adding some interaction to a plot or a chart is quite simple, here is an illustration: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/28179> - As time is already passing too quickly, here is a little tool to give you some hold. Draw the contents of your day - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/12330> The right tool for the job ... - Find files quicky and without any fuss - ...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: All The Myriad Ways of looking at a license Ah, no wonder people hate it. (Robert Hicks) Rather than using the term "contamination" I tend to prefer the analogy of a burning candle giving light of freedom to another candle... (Andreas Leitgeb) We could also use the analogy of a flesh eating bacterium invading a healthy organism through a minor break in i the skin. (Gerald w. Lester) http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/aeeadcf4df2752fb POTW: ANNOUNCE: Windows Inspection Tool Set 2.0.1 Beta http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/31e803eb4f7baad4 WiTS provides you with cross-linked, filtered views of a Windows system. These views include customizable list views with optional filtering and sorting capabilities, and detailed property page views for individual objects. Where applicable, views are linked to allow for easy navigation between related objects. Changes since the 1.1 release * New event monitor - track in real time process start/exits, network connections, new logons, system resources and more * New view for kernel drivers * Configurable list views with selectable columns * Significantly improved performance Homepage: http://wits.magicsplat.com Screenshot: https://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=90123 ANNOUNCE: GRIDPLUS2.1 - A Grid/Tile Based Screen Build...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

Web resources about - Anyone knows of a Tcl port to Palm Os 5.x ? ( palm-tcl no longer supported ) - comp.lang.tcl

List of Linux supported architectures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Audience Network Available to More Brands; Link Ads Now Supported
... it announced at its F8 global developer conference in San Francisco April 30, and the social network also announced that link ads are now supported. ...

Facebook’s cover feed coming as an option to Home-supported Android devices
... latest update for Android devices will borrow from a notable feature within Facebook Home . Starting today, Android users with Home-supported ...

Heat Index Lite - Ad Supported on the App Store on iTunes
Get Heat Index Lite - Ad Supported on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Ukraine: Atrocities committed by the US-Supported Ukrainian National Guard
We bring to the attention of Global Research Readers a video on the atrocities committed in Eastern Ukraine. The mainstream media is silent on ...

Thousands grieve for murdered Syrian imam who supported Assad
As with so many of the shadowy deaths in Syria since the uprising began, there will be no independent, credible and thorough investigation into ...

Kevin Rudd supported Peter Garrett's handling of insulation program, royal commission hears
Former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd supported then Environment Minister Peter Garrett's handling of the home insulation program during the period ...

Adele publicly supported Kesha during her BRIT Awards speech
Kesha is in a legal battle with producer Dr....

BoQ supported on Investec buy
Bank of Queensland has won strong support for its $440m acquisition of most of Investec’s Australian business.

Attacks on the public service are not supported by the facts
Attacks on the public service are not supported by the facts