best reference for Tcl Programming | http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/tcl-scripting-language.html

download now
http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/tcl-scripting-language.html
0
xtweb2 (9)

On 11 dec, 23:27, Tony Andreas <xtw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> download nowhttp://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/tcl-scripting-language.html

I do not want to sound too critical or offend you in any way,
but that page contains a few typos. You may want to correct
 these, as - at least to me, at first sight - it gives a bad
impression about the quality of the work.

Regards,

Arjen
0
arjen.markus (2628)
12/12/2007 8:31:58 AM
On Dec 11, 5:27 pm, Tony Andreas <xtw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> download nowhttp://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/tcl-scripting-language.html

I am a bit confused. Are you looking for the best reference for tcl
programming? Or are you claiming that this 10 page document is better
than the multi-hundred page books that are available, either online
for free or in stores?

What criteria was used to compare this document against other works?
And what group compared the various works written for Tcl and declared
this pdf the best?

Just curious.
0
lvirden (1938)

TCL C API: receiving command from a script or from tcl command line ?
Hello, TCL allows to run commands from commandl line or from within a script file thanks to the command "source filename". I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my own commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script or directly from the shell ? Thanks, Fabrice Hi Fabrice, "fabrice" writes: > I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my > own commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script > or directly from the shell ? You can look at the variable tcl_interactive to distinguish the two modes. Note: It usually seems not a good idea to change the behaviour of your functions between use in a program (production mode) and interactive use (usually for experimentation and debugging). It's confusing for the users and it may make it difficult or impossible to reproduce some kinds of problems interactively. If you want to add more debug output in interactive mode, you can always add additional commands and flags for that purpose. benny fabrice wrote: > Hello, > > TCL allows to run commands from commandl line or from within a script > file thanks to the command "source filename". > > I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my own > commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script or > directly from the shell ? You could look at how the 'tcl_interactive' variable is set up and u...

Why can execution results in tcl shell differ than if using tcl script??
Hi, I have been posting a thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different results!!! Why did this happens?? Thanks, Ahmad Ahmad wrote: > Hi, > > I have been posting a thread here: > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# > > I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of > tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in > tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. > > Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different > results!!! Why did this happens?? > > Thanks, > Ahmad The interactive Tcl shell has access to external functionality that a running script doesn't. That's done to make the interactive environment easier to work with. What, specifically, is the command sequence you're issuing in both cases? Jeff Hi Jeff, Thank you for your reply. I've a tcl script that finally creates a certain script, that is when I run from shell using "calibredrv -gui <certainRunScript>" from command line it do exactly what I expect. I have tried two scenarios of trials, and only one of...

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "It is good to know that expertise like yours can be found on this newsgroup, when it is needed." -- Andrew Wilford "Take your medicine like a good boy." -- Donald Arseneau POTW: Tkgeomap 2.0 by Gordon. "[A] set of extensions to the Tcl/Tk scripting language for manipulation and display of geographic data." http://tkgeomap.sourceforge.net You're not alone if you want a way to display postscript on a canvas: http://groups.google.com/groups?th=750b9ec58d760f7 If you need a "Windows Explorer"-like file browser, there are several choices: http://groups.google.com/groups?th=c6ee11e62cd0d08b When building a command now, to evaluate later, you have to distinguish between what you know now and what you won't know until later. This epic thread shows us how to avoid quoting hell by understanding and respecting the quoting, parsing, and evaluation rules: http://groups.google.com/groups?th=ef24f3f569efb6e9 Mark Roseman has photos from the Tcl conference: http://www.markroseman.com/tcl/conf2003.html An interesting interaction between canvas coordinates and -anchor: Putting the corner at 0 0 is easier than putting the center at w/2 h/2! http://groups.google.com/groups?th=9d1989829895c191 Use of a custom -command with lsort is discussed: http://groups.google.com/groups?th=25bfd3e1975c9d5a TIP ...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
QOTW: I'd convinced myself I'd seen what I'd described! http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/9204e41b4d3f023f Often done, seldom acknowledged C.Laird on c.l.t Everything in SOAP causes problems. :) Pat Thoyts on The Chat POTW: TclPro for Fedora now available http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/52f2a577998f5677 I am pleased to announce that the venerable TclPro debugger is now available for users of Fedora Linux. This release is based on the Oct. 30 cvs tree of TclPro. ANN: iaxclient 0.2 by Mats http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/68cd0a6dbadddea8 IAXClient is a fairly generic voip library that can be used both p2p and with the Asterisk server to reach the public phone system. The new version contains critical stability fixes. Homepage: http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/ [Announce] Substify 0.1 http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/4265a90c54816cb5 This is to announce a first release of substify package. Substify allows parsing templates that include Tcl code embedded inside non-Tcl information. The behavior is similar to textutil::expander, but the purpose is that it is converted once and can then be passed to subst multiple times. The main purpose for this is to provide a more speed-efficient solution than textutil::expander for templates that are commonly reused. Download: h...

TCL programming
Hi I am new t o TCL scripting. Any good websites for learner.. Help me ya Thank you Gomathi Gomathi wrote: > Hi > > > I am new t o TCL scripting. Any good websites for > learner.. Help me ya Here's my short list: http://www.tclscripting.com/resources.html -- Bryan Oakley http://www.tclscripting.com One I use..... http://tmml.sourceforge.net/doc/tcl/index.html "Gomathi" <gomathisankar.p@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146145503.175724.175170@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > > I am new t o TCL scripting. Any good websites for > learner.. Help me ya > > > > Thank you > > Gomathi > Not to forget the tutorial: http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/tcltutorial.html and the Wikibook: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Tcl ...

Execute TCL script from WWW/HTTP
Hi All, I have a variety of TCL scripts that log in to routers and configure them based on the inputs. My objective is to build a web based interface from where I can enter the variable inputs and then fire the TCL script. This is only on a small scale, proof of concept. It is my understanding that the web server will need to support TCL. I have started to research the options listed at: http://wiki.tcl.tk/602. Primarily AOLserver + OpenACS. I have downloaded the OasisVM available at http://www.jsequeira.com/projects/oasisvm/ First, am I approaching the problem correctly, is this possible? Has anyone had expediences trying to setup something similar? Perhaps you can shed a bit of light on the problem... Any input is more than welcome, Kind Regards, Sam. In article <86d7207b-9e15-47fa-9091-a1a31fe2bbad@u75g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, Sam <crimsonsam@gmail.com> wrote: > ...My objective is to build a web based > interface from where I can enter the variable inputs and then fire the > TCL script. This is only on a small scale, proof of concept. > > It is my understanding that the web server will need to support TCL. The other option is that your Tcl script could support HTTP. I once did pretty much exactly what you describe, using a web 'query' to give parameters to a Tcl proc. Here's a starting point for you: http://wiki.tcl.tk/15244 In article <aranders-365F1B.08233327102008@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, Alan Anderson <...

How to do a NOT in TCL?
Hi, I have a program that uses tcl7.5 regexp to find the following unix:.* (WARN|NOTICE) I would like to alter this to something like. unix:.* (WARN|NOTICE) && ![^core] I have been told that TCL cannot handle logical NOTs, but I thought I'd just check with the experts in this group for confirmation. I tested the second expression above using awk and of course it worked. I have also tried unix:.* (WARN|NOTICE).*[^core]{0} I'm not sure if I have the syntax correct above, but what I'm trying to say is look for unix: then any characters followed by a space, then EITHER WARN or NOTICE, then any characters, but only when there a '0' (zero) occurances of core. Hmm, hope someone understands what I'm trying to do. ;-) Cheers Craig. On May 31, 5:12 pm, cabkiz_fam...@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > I have a program that uses tcl7.5 regexp to find the following > unix:.* (WARN|NOTICE) > > I would like to alter this to something like. > unix:.* (WARN|NOTICE) && ![^core] > > I have been told that TCL cannot handle logical NOTs, but I thought > I'd just > check with the experts in this group for confirmation. > > I tested the second expression above using awk and of course it > worked. > > I have also tried > unix:.* (WARN|NOTICE).*[^core]{0} > > I'm not sure if I have the syntax correct above, but what I'm trying > to say is > look for unix: then any characters followed by a ...

Tcl as a scripting language for a Windows system admin
Anyone have references to articles and examples of using Tcl on a Windows machine as a system admin? For instance, as a reluctant user of a Windows system, I regularly encounter situations where admins have to log into my machine, then become some specialized user, then run various applications, then become sometimes another user, to do some other action, then log off of the system. Are there examples of automating this type of thing which, surely, other sites are also experiencing? Thanks. On May 15, 6:45 pm, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir...@gmail.com> wrote: > Anyone have references to articles and examples of using Tcl on a > Windows machine as a system admin? For instance, as a reluctant user > of a Windows system, I regularly encounter situations where admins > have to log into my machine, then become some specialized user, then > run various applications, then become sometimes another user, to do > some other action, then log off of the system. > > Are there examples of automating this type of thing which, surely, > other sites are also experiencing? > > Thanks. When doing any scripting on Windows for administration purposes, TWAPI (twapi.sourceforge.net) and WiTS (http://magicsplat.com/wits) are almost obligatory first stops. TWAPI provides script access to a considerable portion of the Win32 API, WiTS is an application built on top of TWAPI that gives a centralized view into your system and clearly demonstrates what twap...

how to get tcl-httpd running on winxp with active tcl?
or websh or rivet frustrated rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore websh not work with windows so I guess tcl-httpd? I want to try some tcl web builnin''... help gavino schrieb: > or websh > or rivet > > frustrated > > rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore > websh not work with windows > so I guess tcl-httpd? > I want to try some tcl web builnin''... > Tclhttp or Wub are options..., or getting Tcl cgi running under IIS or any other webserver. What kind of things do you want to play with? Michael gavino wrote: > or websh > or rivet > > frustrated > > rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore > websh not work with windows > so I guess tcl-httpd? > I want to try some tcl web builnin''... > > help > http://wiki.tcl.tk/15722 The above leads you to a single file executable that is tclhttpd. I think it's impossible to make it any easier than that :-) -- Bryan Oakley http://www.tclscripting.com gavino wrote: > or websh > or rivet > > frustrated > > rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore > websh not work with windows > so I guess tcl-httpd? > I want to try some tcl web builnin''... If you have ActiveState Tcl installed, then unzip the tclhttpd 3.5.1 somewhere and double click on ...\tclhttpd3.5.1\bin\httpd.tcl If you have been attempting ...

Tcl-fann: A Tcl extension for Artificial Neural Networks.
This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-fann Tcl-fann enables artificial neural networks processing in Tcl. It is using the FANN (Fast Artificial Neural Networks) library underneath. Tcl-fann supports: * Fully, sparse and shortcut type connected multi-layer networks. * Backpropagation training (RPROP, Quickprop, Batch, Incremental) * Evolving topology training which dynamically builds and trains the ANN (Cascade) * Versatile (possible to adjust many parameters and features on-the-fly) * Several different activation functions implemented (including stepwise linear functions for that extra bit of speed) * Saving and loading of entire ANNs * Cross-platform (linux/unix & MS Windows (not tested)) Dependencies: * Tcl 8.5 or greater. * FANN Library (http://leenissen.dk/fann/) Version 2.2.0 or greater. Platform: Linux/Unix & MS Windows Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-fann/ Man page: http://tcl-fann.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis ...

In Tcl and C++ code, how to use Tcl Command, such as exit?
In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, such as, exit. I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got nothing feedback. How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Thanx! vian1381@china.com.cn wrote: > In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control > all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, > such as, exit. > > I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, > I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got > nothing feedback. Your questions are hard to understand, but they suggest that you believe that setting a custom stdin channel will do some magic to establsh a prompt/read/eval loop. That is not the case. > How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Start with something that works, like the source code for tclsh, and adapt to your needs. Or post a followup and include more code examples to explain what you're doing and how it doesn't do what you expect. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |_____________________________________...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: The rule for canonicity can most conveniently be tried out by using the [list] operation on "chemically active" individual items (i.e. things containing \$[] or unbalanced "{}). Basically any dangerous compound is protected by {} or \ when [list]ified and converted back to string. Alexandre Ferrieux on c.l.t http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/826484e44e6841a7 "[W]ell i wanted to learn how to write guis but had little patience for c/c++ toolkits with long edit-compile-test cycles." - msingh, on how he began experimenting last week with Tk POTW: ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.5a6 release http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/e44df0d67b601bf8 The Tcl Core Team is pleased to announce the 8.5a6 releases of the Tcl dynamic language and the Tk toolkit. This is the sixth alpha release of Tcl/Tk 8.5. More details can be found below. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who submit bug reports and patches. This information is invaluable in enabling us to identify and eliminate problems in the core. Homepage: http://www.tcl.tk/ Download: http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html ANNOUNCE: eTcl 1.0-rc18 by Eric Hassolt http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/156c7c5416dd7603 I'm pleased to announce immediate availability of eTcl 1.0-rc18 for Windows, linux-x86, linux-arm, linux-mipsel (new!), ...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "... [C]oroutine and tailcall are significant steps toward a Tcl theory of programming that is different from Lisp's." - Kevin Kenny With the help of many, 5.0 of Tablelist now includes a multi-column tree widget, and much more. http://www.nemethi.de Thanks to Arjen Markus for his mostly-weekly Wiki reports: The aftermath of the European Tclers' Meeting showed a lot of announcements on c.l.t. And quite some activity on the Wiki too. Human aspects - You can read a summary of the meeting on the Wiki - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/24523> - To protect one's source code from fiendish eyes ... Is that possible? Yes, a discussion on <http://wiki.tcl.tk/11612> and a tool on <http://wiki.tcl.tk/26466> (though you would not guess that from the page's title) - Sometimes pages are used for the wrong purpose - the Tcl Dev Exchange page simply explains what the Exchange is about, it is not used for answering questions - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/20790> More or less basic - Tcl is so wonderfully versatile - create configuration files based on two different ideas: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/26455> and <http://wiki.tcl.tk/26458> - Getting a list of meteorological stations (and then the meteo info itself of course) is no particular problem. Just follow the instructions: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/19633> - GRIDPLUS2 is a wonderful way of defining the layout of your GUI. Now with a new...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Tcl is often used by the kind of people--those in charge of factories, chemical refineries, transportation networks, ...--who expect their stuff to work for decades at a time. Tcl is all about gluing together useful parts, even when some of them come from the real world; it's not a language that just stares at its computing-fashion navel." - Cameron Laird on c.l.t http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/668261944182425c "It sounds like you're using the wrong hammer for the job. If you have a string and a known fixed substring, you should use the [string map] command." - Glen Jackmann on c.l.t http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/msg/85c99c6f7b328ddd POTW: new library announcement by Bill Poser http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/aef9c89a12890389 In case anyone is interested, I have finished wrapping the library I have been asking questions about and the Tcl API seems to work. The library is libuninum. It converts Unicode strings representing integers in nearly all known number systems (Chinese, Arabic, Armenian, Gurmukhi, Old Persian, Klingon..) to their Western (Indo-Arabic) decimal equivalents. (The underlying C library offers a choice of strings, unsigned long integers, and GNU MP mpz_t objects as return types.) You can specify the number system expected, but it will successfully autodetect the number system in almost all cases. ...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: Never show your working prototype to the management. It may become tomorrows press announcement of the finished project. (D.M.Gabbitas) http://centaur.sstl.co.uk/SSHP/sshp_akin.html @ end of page. I have a feeling D.M.Gabbitas may be a tcl/tk programmer ;-) "It is almost completely regular, which makes it necessary to forget a lot of stuff." - Arjen Markus, explaining Tcl to a newcomer POTW: ANNOUNCE: libmsgque2.3-beta1 by Andreas Otto http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/6539ca20af76f01a The libmsgque project is an infrastructure for linking applications together to act like a single application. This is done using Unix or inet domain sockets. The framework handles all aspects of setting up and maintaining the link in addition to starting and stopping the different applications, starting and stopping the communication interface, sending and receiving packages, reading and writing data from or into packages, setting up and maintaining the event handling for asynchronous transfers, and propagating warnings or errors. Download: http://libmsgque.sourceforge.net/ http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmsgque/ MEET: a repeat from last week: TCL 2007 Call For Papers and Proposals. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/9cbc8e508169e226 In September 2007 the U.S. Tcl conference returns to the historic French Quarter of the city...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "TCL is probably the most underappreciated scripting language in existence. It has almost zero learning curve and as such can be used in any complex project that uses C as a second implementation language (for programming in the small) almost instantly. Few people understand that TCL+C is a unique and very powerful software development paradigm, probably in some ways supterior in many real life scenarios to overhyped single complex OO languages be it Java, Ruby, C++ or C with some STL-like library like glib." - Nikolai Bezroukov http://www.softpanorama.org/Articles/a_slightly_skeptical_view_on_scripting_languages.shtml Thanks to Arjen Markus for his weekly summary of Wiki action: Stormy weather outside, a quiet week on the Wiki. Still, there is enough material for anyone's taste! Different tastes - Are "task dialogues" the way to go in user-interface design? Or is it just the lateste fashion? <http://wiki.tcl.tk/16882> - Designing try-catch constructs is not as straightforward as it may look ... <http://wiki.tcl.tk/21608> for a detailed proposal and discussion. - However small, there _are_ differences between Tcl on Windows and on Unix/Linux. Check out: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/13926> Different styles - The term "Visual Tcl" has been used many times in the past, leading to very different applications. They are summarised at <http://wiki.tcl.tk/1932> - ...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "A peek at the code for most free() implementations is quite instructive.. if you don't vomit first." - rfoxmich "You know you've been hammered when the Weather Service is using pictures of your neighbourhood to illustrate storm damage." - Kevin Kenny eTcl 1.0.0! http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/b7b372c79797ff15 "::msgcat::mcmax is completely useless for the case described in the msgcat manpage. Just discard that advice." http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/dfb592a3c9335b38/ VFS is wonderful, as is Tk's use of native widgets; together, though, ...: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/50675f7d230f0014 Thanks to Arjen Markus for his (mostly) weekly summary of Wiki action: The shortest day on the northern hemisphere (and the shortest night for my antipodes) has come and gone, but let us not waste what time is left of this year. Work in progress - With Tcl 8.6 reaching the early stages of beta testing, the Wiki has been enriched with documentation on the new zlib support - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/4610> and links therein. - Interested in the progress regarding Tcl 8.6? This page documents just that: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/20966> - And of course you may interested in the development of TclOO too. Well, here is <http://wiki.tcl.tk/22139> Graphical tool...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Do you have humour in iceland, or just bjork?" - stu "Rewriting a GUI mainloop is both boring and useless once you have wish in hand." - Alexandre Ferrieux "Thyrd is an experimental, reflective, visual programming language and environment ... It most resembles Joy." Thyrd is implemented in Tcl/Tk. In Thyrd, EIAS. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/9302a5fdb754076a/ Progress in binary formatting: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/6496408a894d7767/ Thanks to Arjen Markus for his weekly summary of Wiki action: With december threatening to be colder in these parts of the world than we have grown used to, let us not linger too much! Interfacing - Do you know the problem? Websites that require a password and you who can't keep track of them? Maybe this tool will help: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/22012> - Let Tcl help you find your way in a MS Excel spreadsheet: this simple script shows some of the basics - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/21291> - Impressive frames and animations generated by having Tcl drive the procedure: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/16879> - And why not write a little extension to a C++ library that handles Bayesian networks? <http://wiki.tcl.tk/19881> Graphics - Here is the latest 3D demo again: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/17771> - While it may be unfortunate that &quo...

simulating a broken pipe scenario between a Tcl script and a C program
Hi all, I need to simulate a broken pipe scenario between a Tcl script and a 'C program.. For which i have written the following code C program 'ctcl.c' #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int i; char c[30],tmp[50];; printf("Reading...\n"); fflush(stdout); gets(c); sprintf(tmp,"kill -9 %d",getpid()); printf("Killing...."); system(tmp); printf("String written is :%s \n",c); fflush(stdout); return 0; } The Tcl Script is 'ctcl.tcl' #!/usr/add-on/exptools/bin/tclsh set fd [open "|./ctcl" r+] puts "......................." gets $fd tmp1 puts "#######################" puts "tmp1 = $tmp1" set stat 0 set tmp2 "Default value... " if { ![catch { puts $fd "This is test.." } res]} { if { ![catch { flush $fd } res] } { if { ![catch { gets $fd tmp2} res ] } { set stat 1 } else { puts "Error 'gets' from pipe : $res" } } else { puts "Error 'flush' from pipe:$res " } } else { puts "Error 'puts' from pipe:$res " } if { $stat == 1 } { puts "Success......:$tmp2 :)" } else { puts "Failure......:$tmp2 :(" } Both these scripts reside in the same directory. I have created an executable for 'C' program and then run the Tcl script from command line. o/p is as follows:- ........................ ####################...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "Every time I use my company's Wiki, I realise how easy it is to use the Tclers' Wiki ...." - Arjen Markus Harald Oehlmann leads us to BWidget 1.9: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4A4B7A54.80204%40Elmicron.de&forum_name=tcllib-devel In our (successful!) attempts to be lightweight and flexible with Tcl, we occasionally lose track of how packages look when a newcomer first opens the wrapping. JMN and Larry Virden give the essential advice on how to make "package register $desired_package" work for tcom: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/7b247b1203ff6704 Little improvements or implementations in Tcl can enormously benefit EDA or other applications which expose Tcl as a scripting interface: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/37fa5d05f07c12be The same thread, incidentally, mentions aids to work with regexps. 1.0b12 of TDBC: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/9b4ffc3cd6c38903/b244758012664683 Not only is WS::Client correct and useful for Web Service workers, but its support is swift and helpful: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/eaea8c14c22417af/d8c1568bd0860001 Thanks to Arjen Markus for his (mostly) weekly summary of Wiki action: As you will probably have noticed: the deadline for the Sixteenth Annual Tcl/Tk Conference is approa...

Web resources about - best reference for Tcl Programming | http://freepdf-ebook.blogspot.com/2007/12/tcl-scripting-language.html - comp.lang.tcl