Call For Papers (CFP) -- 11th Tcl/Tk Conference

Call For Papers
11th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference
October 11-15, 2004
New Orleans, LA, USA

We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Tcl/Tk conference, to be
held October 11-15, 2004, in Orleans, LA, USA.

This conference is a forum to:

      * bring together Tcl/Tk researchers and practitioners
      * publish and present current work involving Tcl/Tk
      * learn about the latest developments in Tcl/Tk
      * plan for future Tcl/Tk related developments

The conference program will include paper presentations, tutorials,
Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions and invited key-note talks.  This
call invites you to submit extended abstracts to be considered for
the conference program.  The conference schedule will consist of 2
days of tutorials (Monday - Tuesday) and 3 days for the main
conference (Wednesday - Friday).

Submission of Extended Abstracts

The conference provides an opportunity to report on original Tcl/Tk
research.  The audience is practitioners and researchers who are
intermediate or experienced users of Tcl/Tk.  For this reason,
reports on experiences and applications must draw out lessons for
other Tcl/Tk developers.  Topics include, but are not limited to:

      * System extensions
      * Novel Tcl/Tk-based applications
      * Experience reports on building applications in Tcl/Tk
      * Comparative evaluations of Tcl/Tk and other languages or
        toolkits for building applications
      * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and
        proposals for new directions.
      * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language

Extended Abstracts should be written in English and 600 to 1000 words
long (1-2 pages).  Omit extraneous or redundant information.  Length
is not a direct factor in judging the quality of the submission.

Send submissions as plain text to <tcl2002@-SPAM-.tcl.tk> no later
than June 1, 2004.  Authors of accepted abstracts will have until
September 5, 2004 to submit their final paper for the inclusion in the
conference proceedings.  The proceedings will be made available on
CD-ROM, so extra materials like code samples are welcome.

The authors will have 20-25 minutes to present the paper at the
conference.

The program committee will review and evaluate papers according to
the following criteria:

      * Quantity and quality of novel content
      * Relevance and interest to the Tcl/Tk community
      * Suitability of content for presentation at the conference

Proposals may report on commercial or non-commercial systems, but
those with only blatant marketing content will not be accepted.

Application and experience papers need to strike a balance between
background on the application domain and the relevance of Tcl/Tk to
the application.  Application and experience papers should clearly
explain how the application or experience illustrates a novel use of
Tcl/Tk, and what lessons the Tcl/Tk community can derive from the
application or experience to apply to their own development efforts.

Papers accompanied by non-disclosure agreement forms will be returned
to the author(s) unread.  All submissions are held in the highest
confidentiality prior to publication in the Proceedings, both as a
matter of policy and in accord with the U. S. Copyright Act of 1976.

Other Forms of Participation

The program committee also welcomes proposals for panel discussions
of up to 90 minutes.  Proposals should include a list of confirmed
panelists, a title and format, and a panel description with position
statements from each panelist.  Panels should have no more than four
speakers, including the panel moderator, and should allow time for
substantial interaction with attendees.  Panels are not presentations
of related research papers.

Slots for Works-in-Progress (WIP) presentations and
Birds-of-a-Feather sessions (BOFs) are available on a first-come,
first-served basis starting in August 2004.  Specific instructions
for reserving WIP and BOF time slots will be provided in the
registration information available in June 2004. Some WIP and BOF
time slots will be held open for on-site reservation, so we encourage
all attendees with interesting work in progress to consider
presenting that work at the conference.

Registration Information

More information on the conference will be available in May 2004
at the conference web site (http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2004/)
and published on various Tcl/Tk-related information channels.

To keep in touch with conference announcements and Tcl events in
general, subscribe to the tcl-announce list at:
     http://listserv.activestate.com/mailman/mysubs?show=announce
by entering your email and selecting Tcl-announce.

Conference Committee

  Gerald Lester    Aspen Technology            General Chair
  Andreas Kupries  ActiveState Corp
  Clif Flynt       Noumena Corp
  Jeff Hobbs       ActiveState Corp
  Kevin Kenny      GE Global Research Center
  Larry Virden     Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
  Mac Cody         Raytheon Company
  Mark Roseman     Sonexis, Inc.
  Steve Landers    Digital Smarties

Contact Information (available in late April, 2004)

tcl2004@tcl.tk
http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2004/
--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester               | "The man who fights for his ideals is |

"Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Lester@cox.net> writes:

> We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Tcl/Tk conference, to be
> held October 11-15, 2004, in Orleans, LA, USA.

I thought Orleans was in France.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
0
asnd (4601)
4/16/2004 11:01:40 AM

Donald Arseneau wrote:
> "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Lester@cox.net> writes:
>

>>We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Tcl/Tk conference, to be
>>held October 11-15, 2004, in Orleans, LA, USA.
>

> I thought Orleans was in France.
>
> Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca

Maybe they figure the cajuns have been there long enough
that it isn't *new* any more ;)

Bruce

0
bruce-news (900)
4/16/2004 2:31:37 PM
Donald Arseneau wrote:
> "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Lester@cox.net> writes:
>

>>We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Tcl/Tk conference, to be
>>held October 11-15, 2004, in Orleans, LA, USA.
>

> I thought Orleans was in France.

It is, and that would be a venue that I find attractive...

Donald Arseneau wrote:

> "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Lester@cox.net> writes:
>

>>We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Tcl/Tk conference, to be
>>held October 11-15, 2004, in Orleans, LA, USA.
>

> I thought Orleans was in France.

The parish/county is Orleans, the city is New Orleans. So there!!!!

Ok, I made a typo!!! Are you coming to the Conference inspite of my typo or
not????

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester               | "The man who fights for his ideals is |
| Gerald.Lester@cox.net          |  the man who is alive." -- Cervantes  |
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
0
Gerald.Lester (2014)
4/16/2004 8:11:58 PM
Bruce Hartweg <bruce-news@hartweg.us> wrote:

>Maybe they figure the cajuns have been there long enough
>that it isn't *new* any more ;)

I've got cajun in my blood.. literally..  Can I go?
--
David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com>
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
David Gravereaux wrote:

> Bruce Hartweg <bruce-news@hartweg.us> wrote:
>

>>Maybe they figure the cajuns have been there long enough
>>that it isn't *new* any more ;)
>

> I've got cajun in my blood.. literally..  Can I go?

Cher, ma oui!

Come on down, you hear, and le bon temps roule!

Bring the family and go down to Acadia afterwards. Make a grand holiday of it.

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester               | "The man who fights for his ideals is |
| Gerald.Lester@cox.net          |  the man who is alive." -- Cervantes  |
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
0
Gerald.Lester (2014)
4/17/2004 5:15:58 AM
In article <4080BD8E.2010106@cox.net>,
 "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Lester@cox.net> wrote:

> Cher, ma oui!
>
> Come on down, you hear, and le bon temps roule!

Going back 2.5 decades to my high school French, shouldn't that be "mais
oui" and "laissez le bon temps roule"?

To come back on topic, I've never been to the Tcl/Tk Conference, but
this year I'm going to push my boss(es) hard to let me go.  Who knows?
Maybe they'll even let me present something.
0
johnseal (53)
4/18/2004 7:05:47 PM
John Seal wrote:
> In article <4080BD8E.2010106@cox.net>,
>  "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Lester@cox.net> wrote:
>>Cher, ma oui!
>>
>>Come on down, you hear, and le bon temps roule!
>

> Going back 2.5 decades to my high school French, shouldn't that be "mais
> oui" and "laissez le bon temps roule"?

Yes, is should be mais -- my spelling in french is not any better than in
english.

On the second point -- yours would be proper grammer, but that is not how
it is ever said arround here, the laissez (let) is understood and not said.
  BTW that was the offical theme of the 1984 Worlds Fair.

> To come back on topic, I've never been to the Tcl/Tk Conference, but
> this year I'm going to push my boss(es) hard to let me go.  Who knows?
> Maybe they'll even let me present something.

Looking forward to seeing and hopefully hearing you!

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester               | "The man who fights for his ideals is |
| Gerald.Lester@cox.net          |  the man who is alive." -- Cervantes  |
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
0
Gerald.Lester (2014)

1st Call For Papers
22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Conference starts October 21, 2015 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 201...

2nd Call For Papers for the 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010)
[[ Important Changes: More information about registration at the hotel. Our location chair has organized special social activities, both geeky (FermiLab Tour) and cultured (Theatre). See below for more. ]] 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ October 11 - 15, 2010 Hilton Suites/Conference Center Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 1, 2010 Notification to authors August 15, 2010 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2010 Author materials due October 1, 2010 Tutorials Start October 11, 2010 Conference starts October 13, 2010 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2010 will be held in Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois USA from October 11 - 15, 2010. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and pr...

[ANN] Registration open && 2nd Call For Papers
Hello comp.lang.tcl, fyi ... 22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: [[ Attention! Registration is open! Please have a look at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/register.html ]] Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Co...

17th annual TCL/TK conference & call for papers
From http://tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ Announcing the 17h Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010), sponsored by The Tcl Association, with help from: Noumena Corporation, SR Technology, Buonacorsi Foundation, Mentor Graphics, and ActiveState. Call for papers info: http://tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/cfp.html I'm not part of the conference, but when they wrote to me to invite me to submit a paper, I told them I'd pass the info along. be gro0vy, tony -- http://www.baldwinsoftware.com ...

2nd Call For Papers, 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2010
First, an apology to all who may have already tried to submit a paper abstract to tclconference@googlegroups.com the email contact mentioned in the 1st Call For Papers, and getting a message back claiming, paraphrased, that "This group does not exist". This mail was sent by Google due to the chosen spam control settings, quite misleading on causal and even a closer reading. The situation persisted until now because there was no report of such rejections given to the list administrators either. The settings have now been dialed down to the point where (a) the bad message is not sent any longer, and (b) the list admins get notifications of submissions by non-members so that they can moderate them through. With this issue solved I would now like to ask anybody who tried before to re-submit their abstract, with apologies for the inconvenience caused. Now, with that behind us: =================================================================== 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ October 11 - 15, 2010 Hilton Suites/Conference Center Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 1, 2010 Notification to authors August 15, 2010 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2010 Author materials due October 1, 2010 Tutorials Start October 11, 2010 Conference starts October 13, 2010 Email Contact: tclconference@go...

1st Call For Papers, 18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2011
18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2011) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2011/ October 24 - 28, 2011 Comfort Suites Manassas Manassas, Virgina, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 26, 2011 Notification to authors September 12, 2011 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2011 Author materials due October 9, 2011 Tutorials Start October 24, 2011 Conference starts October 26, 2011 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2011 will be held in Manassas, Virgina, USA from October 24 - 28, 2011. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and proposals for new directions. * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language This year is the fourth year that the Tcl community is participating in the Google Summer of Code. The conference program committee would like to encourage submission...

1st Call For Papers, 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2012
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 27, 2012 Notification to authors September 10, 2012 WIP and BOF reservations open August 6, 2012 Author materials due October 29, 2012 Tutorials Start November 12, 2012 Conference starts November 14, 2012 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2012 will be held in Chicago, Illinois, USA from November 12 - 16, 2012. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and proposals for new directions. * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language Submissions should consist of an abstract of about 100 words and a summary of not more than two pages, and should be sent as plain t...

3rd Call For Papers, 18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2011
[[ Get your papers in. The deadline for abstracts and proposals is three weeks away. ]] 18th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2011) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2011/ October 24 - 28, 2011 Comfort Suites Manassas Manassas, Virgina, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 26, 2011 Notification to authors September 12, 2011 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2011 Author materials due October 9, 2011 Tutorials Start October 24, 2011 Conference starts October 26, 2011 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2011 will be held in Manassas, Virgina, USA from October 24 - 28, 2011. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and proposals for new directions. * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language This year is the fourth year that the Tcl community is participating in the ...

3rd Call For Papers, 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2012
[[ Get your papers, WIPs and posters in. (We have an exhibition hall with 25 gesture-controlled screens to show the latter two on). The deadline for abstracts and proposals is three weeks away. ]] [[ Notes: Colin Walker of F5 is confirmed as our Keynote speaker. http://www.f5.com ]] 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 27, 2012 Notification to authors September 10, 2012 WIP and BOF reservations open August 6, 2012 Author materials due October 29, 2012 Tutorials Start November 12, 2012 Conference starts November 14, 2012 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2012 will be held in Chicago, Illinois, USA from November 12 - 16, 2012. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide ...

3rd Call For Papers, 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2010
[[ Get your papers in. The deadline for abstracts and proposals is less than two weeks away. ]] 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ October 11 - 15, 2010 Hilton Suites/Conference Center Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 1, 2010 Notification to authors August 15, 2010 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2010 Author materials due October 1, 2010 Tutorials Start October 11, 2010 Conference starts October 13, 2010 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2010 will be held in Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois USA from October 11 - 15, 2010. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and proposals for new directions. * New areas of exploration for the Tcl/Tk language This year is the third year t...

ANNOUNCE: Call For Papers: 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference, Oct. 9-13, 2006
Tcl/Tk - radically simple - radically flexible - radically powerful Announcing the 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 9-13, 2006 Naperville, Illinois USA Learn from the experts, share your experience - the annual Tcl/Tk conference is your opportunity to engage with the Tcl/Tk core team and your fellow peers. The conference program will include: * Presentations and tutorials * The (Active)State of Tcl talk by Tcl/Tk release manager Jeff Hobbs * Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions * Invited key-note talks * Discussion forums with the Tcl/Tk core team Call For Papers You are invited and indeed encouraged to submit proposals for presentations and tutorials. The conference schedule will consist of 2 days of tutorials (Monday - Tuesday) and 3 days for the main conference (Wednesday - Friday). The conference provides you an opportunity to report on original research and applications of Tcl/Tk and related technology. The audience will consist of practitioners and researchers who are intermediate or experienced users of Tcl/Tk. For this reason, reports on experiences and applications should draw out lessons for other Tcl/Tk developers. Topics will include, but are not limited to: * Application of Tcl/Tk in industries as diverse as engineering, industrial controls, broadcasting, financial services, medical and electronic design * Networking with Tcl/Tk, including distributed applications and network management * New widgets and techniques for GUI design...

Ann: Call For Papers: 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference, Oct. 9-13, 2006
[...]

ANNOUNCE: Call For Papers: 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference, Oct. 9-13, 2006 #2
Notice: Paper submission deadline is June 30! If you have not sent your abstract/summary OR you have not received confirmation of receipt of your submission, please send your entry soon! Tcl/Tk - radically simple - radically flexible - radically powerful Announcing the 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 9-13, 2006 Naperville, Illinois USA Learn from the experts, share your experience - the annual Tcl/Tk conference is your opportunity to engage with the Tcl/Tk core team and your fellow peers. The conference program will include: * Presentations and tutorials * The (Active)State of Tcl talk by Tcl/Tk release manager Jeff Hobbs * Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions * Invited key-note talks * Discussion forums with the Tcl/Tk core team Call For Papers You are invited and indeed encouraged to submit proposals for presentations and tutorials. The conference schedule will consist of 2 days of tutorials (Monday - Tuesday) and 3 days for the main conference (Wednesday - Friday). The conference provides you an opportunity to report on original research and applications of Tcl/Tk and related technology. The audience will consist of practitioners and researchers who are intermediate or experienced users of Tcl/Tk. For this reason, reports on experiences and applications should draw out lessons for other Tcl/Tk developers. Topics will include, but are not limited to: * Application of Tcl/Tk in industries as diverse as engineering, industrial controls, broadcasting, f...

ANNOUNCE: Call For Papers: 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference, Oct. 9-13, 2006 #3
[...]

LAST CHANCE!: Call For Papers: 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference, Oct. 9-13, 2006
Notice: Last Chance! Paper submission deadline is today, June 30! If you have not sent your abstract/summary OR you have not received confirmation of receipt of your submission, please send your entry today! Tcl/Tk - radically simple - radically flexible - radically powerful Announcing the 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 9-13, 2006 Naperville, Illinois USA Learn from the experts, share your experience - the annual Tcl/Tk conference is your opportunity to engage with the Tcl/Tk core team and your fellow peers. The conference program will include: * Presentations and tutorials * The (Active)State of Tcl talk by Tcl/Tk release manager Jeff Hobbs * Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions * Invited key-note talks * Discussion forums with the Tcl/Tk core team Call For Papers You are invited and indeed encouraged to submit proposals for presentations and tutorials. The conference schedule will consist of 2 days of tutorials (Monday - Tuesday) and 3 days for the main conference (Wednesday - Friday). The conference provides you an opportunity to report on original research and applications of Tcl/Tk and related technology. The audience will consist of practitioners and researchers who are intermediate or experienced users of Tcl/Tk. For this reason, reports on experiences and applications should draw out lessons for other Tcl/Tk developers. Topics will include, but are not limited to: * Application of Tcl/Tk in industries as diverse as engineering, industrial cont...

ANNOUNCE: Call For Papers: 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference, Oct. 9-13, 2006 #4
Notice: Paper submission deadline is today, June 30! If you have not sent your abstract/summary OR you have not received confirmation of receipt of your submission, please send your entry today! Tcl/Tk - radically simple - radically flexible - radically powerful Announcing the 13th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 9-13, 2006 Naperville, Illinois USA Learn from the experts, share your experience - the annual Tcl/Tk conference is your opportunity to engage with the Tcl/Tk core team and your fellow peers. The conference program will include: * Presentations and tutorials * The (Active)State of Tcl talk by Tcl/Tk release manager Jeff Hobbs * Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions * Invited key-note talks * Discussion forums with the Tcl/Tk core team Call For Papers You are invited and indeed encouraged to submit proposals for presentations and tutorials. The conference schedule will consist of 2 days of tutorials (Monday - Tuesday) and 3 days for the main conference (Wednesday - Friday). The conference provides you an opportunity to report on original research and applications of Tcl/Tk and related technology. The audience will consist of practitioners and researchers who are intermediate or experienced users of Tcl/Tk. For this reason, reports on experiences and applications should draw out lessons for other Tcl/Tk developers. Topics will include, but are not limited to: * Application of Tcl/Tk in industries as diverse as engineering, industrial controls, broadca...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates expires on October 20. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows University of Manchester Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle ...

Hotel Room Rate Reminder
20'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2013) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/ September 23 - 27, 2013 Bourbon Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana, USA http://www.bourbonorleans.com/ Hello all. This is a general reminder that the offer of reduced rates for rooms at the conference hotel expires on August 19, i.e. in a week. Book Now! (if you haven't already). Of course registration for the Conference is still open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Donal Fellows University of Manchester Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle National Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Ron Fox NSCL/FRIB Michigan State University Steve Landers Digital Smarties Contact Information tclconference@googlegroups.com ...

[CFP] Call for Papers FBIT 2007 International Conference Jeju Island Call for Papers: ROBOTICS
Call for Papers Frontiers in the Convergence of Bioscience and Information Technologies (FBIT 2007) October 11-13, 2007, Ramada Plaza Jeju, Jeju Island, South Korea The conference will consider novel research papers in robotics. It aims to discuss the frontiers where advances in Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science imping upon or are inspired in Biology CONFERENCE URL http://www.sersc.org/FBIT2007/ JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUE DETAILS http://www.sersc.org/FBIT2007/page7.php SPEAKERS http://www.sersc.org/FBIT2007/page6.php SUBMIT A SIMPLE ABSTRACT OR EXTENDED ABST...

CFP: 11'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference
Call For Papers 11th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 11-15, 2004 New Orleans, LA, USA We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Tcl/Tk conference, to be held October 11-15, 2004, in New Orleans, LA, USA. This conference is a forum to: * bring together Tcl/Tk researchers and practitioners * publish and present current work involving Tcl/Tk * learn about the latest developments in Tcl/Tk * plan for future Tcl/Tk related developments The conference program will include paper presentations, tutorials, Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions and invited key-note talks. This call invites you to submit extended abstracts to be considered for the conference program. The conference schedule will consist of 2 days of tutorials (Monday - Tuesday) and 3 days for the main conference (Wednesday - Friday). Submission of Extended Abstracts The conference provides an opportunity to report on original Tcl/Tk research. The audience is practitioners and researchers who are intermediate or experienced users of Tcl/Tk. For this reason, reports on experiences and applications must draw out lessons for other Tcl/Tk developers. Topics include, but are not limited to: * System extensions * Novel Tcl/Tk-based applications * Experience reports on building applications in Tcl/Tk * Comparative evaluations of Tcl/Tk and other languages or toolkits for building applications * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and pr...

Sixth European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting
Hello everyone, this is the second call for the Sixth European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting on May 26-27, 2006 in Bergisch Gladbach, near Cologne (same place as last year). Please take the opportunity to share your experiences with others, to present your solution of special problems and to learn from each other. It is also a nice experience to find real faces behind names you only knew from comp.lang.tcl. I have (finally) created a web page http://axn.atspace.org/tcl.html as well as a page in the wiki at http://wiki.tcl.tk/13567, which will be updated every other week. If you were a participant of earlier meetings, i would be very happy to hear from you, whether you can/will attend, or even if not! As feared earlier, we are facing a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem with talks and people attending them. I do see however TCL/TK as alive like never before, i think traffic in comp.lang.tcl has significantly increased in the last time! If you have friends and colleages who may be interested in attending the meeting, please forward this announcement to them. Hope to see you in may, AxN On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:48:36 +0200, AxN <axn@mail.atspace.org> wrote: >If you were a participant of earlier meetings, i would be very happy to >hear from you, whether you can/will attend, or even if not! >As feared earlier, we are facing a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem with >talks and people attending them. Hi, I hope the meeting will take place and plan to att...

Sixth European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting
Hello everyone, sorry for being a bit late, but i hope people can be interested to attend the Sixth European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting on May 26-27, 2006 in Bergisch Gladbach, near Cologne (same place as last year). Please take the opportunity to share your experiences with others, to present your solution of special problems and to learn from each other. It is also a nice experience to find real faces behind names you only knew from comp.lang.tcl. I have created a preliminary page in the wiki at http://wiki.tcl.tk/13567, which will be updated every other week. Hope to see you in may, AxN PS: Conference language will be english, to make it a real european meeting, but many attendents speak other languages too, so do not fear that you will not understand anything! ...

Sixth European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting
Hello everyone interested in TCL and willing to share code and ideas, the User Meeting will definitively take place on May 26./27. 2006! Details are updated every other day on http://axn.atspace.org/tcl.html. To the speakers and presenters of papers: Please send me your material (PDF, TCL-code, HTML-tree, Screenshots, other?) until monday, May 16th. I have the permission from ActiveState.com to include the complete distributions on the CD, and will also be happy to include other free material on the CD. Hope to see many of you in Bergisch Gladbach! Best regards, AxN ...

Web resources about - Call For Papers (CFP) -- 11th Tcl/Tk Conference - comp.lang.tcl

Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not all "public schools" are in the HMC; in particular, many notable girls' schools, including Cheltenham Ladies' College , Wycombe Abbey , Roedean ...

Brisbane to host Routes Asia 2018 conference
Major aviation conference will bring 1000 airline, airport and tourism delegates to Brisbane in 2018.

'I'm going to have my say': Raylene takes on Malcolm Turnbull during press conference
Despite the best of preparations and the fullest of precautions, every time a politician appears in public they take an enormous risk: encountering ...

Anderson Cooper grills Donald Trump about the supposed 'Trump Steaks' piled up at his press conference ...
... Donald Trump on Wednesday about the authenticity of the "Trump Steaks" the Republican presidential frontrunner touted at his press conference ...

Here's what to expect from European Central Bank's March press conference - Business Insider Deutschland ...
Most analysts think the ECB will cut the deposit rate from minus 0.3% in an effort to stimulate the economy.

CSO50 2016 conference honors winners
Presented at the CSO50 Conference + Awards conference, the 4th annual CSO50 Awards recognize security projects and initiatives that demonstrate ...

CNN’s Van Jones Slams Trump’s Press Conference As A ‘Freak Show’
CNN’s Van Jones Slams Trump’s Press Conference As A ‘Freak Show’

Donald Trump Shouts Out Paul O'Neill At Press Conference, Gets His Endorsement
Former Yankees outfielder Paul O’Neill showed up at the press conference turned Home Shopping Network program that Donald Trump, a short-fingered ...

RSA security conference: 25 years of discontent and pranks
The first time I went anywhere near the RSA information security conference in San Francisco, it was by way of a prank. Two things I love to ...

Gonzaga Is A Major Team In A Minor Conference
Going into conference tournament week, the Gonzaga Bulldogs were no lock to extend their string of consecutive NCAA tourney berths to 18 years ...