Can I compile a tcl/tk extended C file into an exe file on windows?

I'm new to tcl/tk. I have a simple tk/tcl extended C file like this,
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <tcl.h>
#include <tk.h>

int Tcl_AppInit(Tcl_Interp* interp)
{
int status;
status = Tcl_Init(interp);

if (status != TCL_OK)
{
return TCL_ERROR;
}

/* Initialize Tk values. */
status = Tk_Init(interp);

if (status != TCL_OK)
{
return TCL_ERROR;
}
return TCL_OK;
}

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
Tk_Main(argc, argv, Tcl_AppInit);
return 0;
}

Can I compile this file into an exe file on windows? How?

Thank you
0
ysrise (1)

ysrise@gmail.com (yan) writes:

[snip[
>Can I compile this file into an exe file on windows? How?
>
>Thank you

 cl -nologo -W3 -O2 -MD -I/opt/tcl/include -o thing.exe thing.c
    \opt\tcl\lib\tcl84.lib \opt\tcl\lib\tk84.lib

If you don't have a C compiler, Google can help you find some.
Microsoft even let you have theirs for free too. See the wiki.
--
Pat Thoyts          http://www.zsplat.freeserve.co.uk/resume.html
To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header.

Sourcing a TCL file from within a tcl file
I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source another tcl file when I type the variable name something like this if I enter A through my keyboard then source a.tcl Can someone show me how to do this thanks guy On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > something like this > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > Can someone show me how to do this > > thanks > guy What you are asking is not hard. Will your program have a graphical user interface? Aric On Dec 10, 3:26=A0pm, Aric Bills <aric.bi...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > > something like this > > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > > Can someone show me how to do this > > > thanks > > guy > > What you are asking is not hard. =A0Will your program have a graphical > user interface? > > Aric no I am just using this script...

hoa can I compile a C file to a mex file
I want to compile a C file to mex file, What I have to do to figure or setup my computer to compile. Which file do I need. ...

Creating a TCL Channel from a C FILE* giving strange file handles
Hey Everybody! Having a problem with the Tcl C Library calls I cant seem to= figure out. I'm trying to create a channel from opened FILE *, and use it = in a TCL script that sources the module. So, what I am running so far is: =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D int openCFileCmd(ClientData clientData,=20 Tcl_Interp *interp, int objc, Tcl_Obj *CONST o= bjv[])=20 ...

Tcl file from .txt file
Hi, I have a excel file. I need to change the excel file in to tcl file. I did = change the excel file in to txt file. but unable to change the txt file in = to tcl file. let me know any idea to change the txt file in to tcl file or = directly from the excel file in to tcl file.=20 your help is much more appreciated. thank you. On 11/14/14, 1:30 PM, yenilsuwal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a excel file. I need to change the excel file in to tcl file. I did change the excel file in to txt file. but unable to change the txt file in to tcl file. let me know any idea to c...

Packaging Tcl/Tk Application on Windows: Single File Executable
Hi all, I need to package application developed in Tcl/Tk on Windows. It should be a single file executable with all data files (gifs), dependency packages such as winico bundled into a single executable. There should be not reference to external data files such as images .. All should be bundled as a single file on desktop. I have used mktclapp and also freewrap but one needs to keep the image files separate. Do I have to change code to include the image files data ? Thanks in advance, Andy Andy wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to package application developed in Tcl/Tk on Windows. It should > be a single file executable with all data files (gifs), dependency > packages such as winico bundled into a single executable. > > There should be not reference to external data files such as images .. > All should be bundled as a single file on desktop. > > I have used mktclapp and also freewrap but one needs to keep the image > files separate. > Freewrap can include image file. Either simply: freewrap my_main.tcl some_image.gif some_image.jpg or include a list of images & dependency packages in a file and use the -f option: freewrap another_of_my_main.tcl -f includes.txt A quick way to generate the includes file is: dir /s /b c:\path\to\my\images\ > includes.txt then simply edit the generated file to remove unused images. This can also be done for including packages. For example, to include tcllib: dir /s /b c:\tcl\lib\tcllib1.7\ &...

error when build .c file which call tcl tk command
Hi, guys: when I build my .c file using Visual studio 2003. These errors and warnings appear: error C2197: 'close' : too many arguments for call through pointer-to-function error C2197: 'Tix_Init' : too many arguments for call through pointer-to-function error C2692: 'close' : fully prototyped functions required in C compiler with the '/clr' option :error C2692: 'Tix_Init' : fully prototyped functions required in C compiler with the '/clr' option error C2692: 'TkConsoleCreate' : fully prototyped functions required in C compiler with the '/clr' option error C2692: 'wmain' : fully prototyped functions required in C compiler with the '/clr' option warning C4028: formal parameter 1 different from declaration warning C4090: 'function' : different 'const' qualifiers What's wrong with that? Below is part of my code where is wrong 1. src = fopen( tcl_file, "r,access=lock" ); if ( src ) { Tcl_GlobalEval( interp, "source $env(HOME)/xxx.tcl"); close( src ); } 2. if (Tix_Init( interp ) == TCL_ERROR) { printf ("\nTix initialization failed..."); return TCL_ERROR; } 3.TkConsoleCreate(); 4.void wmain (hInstance, hPrevInstance, lpszCmdLine, nCmdShow) HINSTANCE hInstance; HINSTANCE hPrevInstance; LPSTR lpszCmdLine; int nCmdShow; {.........} I have just compile my tcl and tk 8.4.12 and using make...

How to compile tcl file
Hi I am new to TCL and searching a way to compile for syntax errors in TCL procedures just like we do in perl -c file.pl. Thanking you all in advance. Best regards, Jayesh Jayesh wrote: > > Hi > > I am new to TCL and searching a way to compile for syntax errors in TCL > procedures just like we do in perl -c file.pl. > > Thanking you all in advance. > Best regards, > Jayesh I take it you mean a static syntax checker? I would recommend for instance "frink" - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/frink> or <http://wiki.tcl.tk/nagelfar> An overview of tools: <http://wiki.tcl.tk/4003> or <http://wiki.tcl.tk/3162> Regards, Arjen According to Jayesh <jayesh@insilica.com>: : I am new to TCL and searching a way to compile for syntax errors in TCL :procedures just like we do in perl -c file.pl. Well, for some reason, the Tcl interpreter was never enhanced for this function, nor for an interactive keyboard history in interactive mode, or many other features commonly found in other interpreters. There are several stand alone programs which act like C's lint command, to perform such functions. Certainly it would be possible to write code to go into the interpreter to perform these functions. The tcl support team has traditionally tried to keep the base interpreter for Tcl as small as it can, moving things into extensions, stand alone programs, etc. so that people embedding tcl into their apps don't have to de...

How to launch a window for selecting file located in varial directory in TCL/TK?
I hope to set up a function(button or window) for selecting a file in directory. users can change between diferent directory and select diferent extension name(*.bat, *.txt, *.exe). return a file name ultimatly. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks. Hans Yin wrote: > I hope to set up a function(button or window) for selecting a file in > directory. users can change between diferent directory and select > diferent extension name(*.bat, *.txt, *.exe). return a file name > ultimatly. > > Is there an easy way to do this? > > Thanks. Yes. Read up on the commands tk_getOpenFile and tk_getSaveFile. Hans Yin wrote: > I hope to set up a function(button or window) for selecting a file in > directory. users can change between diferent directory and select > diferent extension name(*.bat, *.txt, *.exe). return a file name > ultimatly. > > Is there an easy way to do this? > > Thanks. Look up the tk_getOpenFile command in your documentation, it basically has all you need, just call it with different -filetype and -initialdir. Michael ...

compiling C-files in to .dll files
hai, Can anybody help me in How to compile C code files to get .dll files thanks in advance stephan stephan wrote: > > > hai, > Can anybody help me in How to compile C code files to get .dll > files > thanks in advance If you are making C-MEX files for use with MATLAB: >> help mex If you are just trying to make .DLL files from .c source files, independent from ML: from DOS: cl /? link /? <hint> You'll probably need to use /c in the compile command and /DLL in the link command. ...

Using "Open with" in windows to process a file with a tcl/tk scripts?
I have the following problem in windows 2000. I have written a TCL/TK script which process xml files. Now I will like to be able select the xml file using the windows file manager and use "open with" to startup the tcl/tk scripts and pass the xml file as argument. When I do this now I get an error telling that the xml file is not a valid win32 application. Any ideas of how to do this? Thanks in advance Hello, You should enter something similar to: c:\path\to\wish.exe "C:\path\to\xmleditor.tcl" "%1" Regards, -- Ramon Rib� http://gatxan.cimne.upc.es/ramsan "Alfonso Esteban Gonzalez Sencion" <sencion@alcatel.es> escribi� en el mensaje news:1074693766.891577@slbhw0... > I have the following problem in windows 2000. > > I have written a TCL/TK script which process xml files. Now I will like > to be able select the xml file using the windows file manager and use > "open with" to startup the tcl/tk scripts and pass the xml file as argument. > > When I do this now I get an error telling that the xml file is not a > valid win32 application. > > Any ideas of how to do this? > > Thanks in advance > Hello I already do thins in the same way. I define a new action for the file type XML and it works fine. But I wish not to have to define manually a new action. What I would like to do is simply select the xml file, choose the option "open with" in the file m...

how to make a running .exe file after harbour.exe makes the various .c files
in clipper, at command prompt i type:clipper main, clipper transa, clipper repo it gives me: main.obj, transac.obj, repo.obj .... then at command prompt i type: exospace fi main, transac, reports... (the lib paths are already defined) this gives me main.exe now in xhb (the free version) from command prompt i typed: harbour.exe main.prg harbour.exe transac.prg harbour.exe reports.prg harbour.exe xlsconve.prg harbour.exe pscrip32.prg it gave out: main.c, transac.c, reports.c, xlsconve.c pscrip32.c now what/how do i link to get a running main.exe (that calls transac,reports,....

Include C/C++ compiled file in a Fortran project (Windows)
Hi, I need to include a C/C++ file (compiled) in my Fortran project. I use MS Visual Studio (Compaq Visual Fortran and MS Visual C++) and must create a DLL file of my Fortran project. I have a thought that it would be possible to include my C/C++ file as an 'obj' file (include this object file as a 'Resuource file' in the project). Is this correct? Anyone who can give me some help on how I create an object file from my C/C++ file? Many thanks, MM MM wrote: | Hi, | | I need to include a C/C++ file (compiled) in my Fortran project. I use MS | Visual Studio (Compaq Vi...

Wrap tcl/tk script with a C/C++ dll for windows
My company has a software tool that consists of a command-line driven shell that can load extension .dll files. I'd like to add a tk gui to my extension dll file. I am currently looking into freewrap: http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/ and mktclapp: www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/mktclapp.html But I figured I might get more experienced information (and possibly quicker answers) here. Example of use (in the windows command line box): C:\MasterShell>mastershell MasterShell V 3.14159 > load newtkgui (at this point it loads newtkgui.dll) > Either the gui takes over completely (probably easier), or the shell or the gui can both enter commands. The main point is, I don't want to recast mastershell as a slave to a tk gui (using expect, for instance), although that's a possibility. I've been doing some experiments with it and I keep getting socket disconnects when I run wish or tclsh from the "mastershell" though that's probably a mastershell problem. Thanks, Rufus In article <1102002088.XDKV9OF4B2AClpOoX63anw@teranews>, Rufus V. Smith <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: >My company has a software tool that consists of a command-line driven shell >that can load extension .dll files. > >I'd like to add a tk gui to my extension dll file. > >I am currently looking into freewrap: http://freewrap.sourceforge.net/ > >and mktclapp: www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/mktclapp.html > >But I figured I might get m...

can i create .exe file of my .php file
is there any way using which i can create .exe file of my php files. actually i am putting my php files on a web server and i don't want my files to be copied and modified by someone else/even not by administrator of web server. if i am putting php files then administrator has right to copy file and he may modify it as per his requirements.. if i put exe file then he can't modify file. if there is any other alternative to solve this problem then let me know. In a binary format similar to .exe, yes. Zend makes an encoder to go along with their long list of PHP products: http://ww...

compiling C files with gnat project files
Hello, I am trying to use gnat project files in my project which contains some Ada and C files. I have the following tree : --========== src/ helena.gpr src/utils/ sizeof.h sizeof.c src/progs/ helena_main.adb src/obj/ --========== src/progs/helena_main.adb must be compiled and linked with sizeof.o I want to compile src/progs/helena_main.adb into executable helena and put it into src/../bin/ so here is the helena.gpr I made: --========== project Helena is for Object_Dir use "obj"; for Exec_Dir use "../bin"; for Source_Dirs use ("utils", &quo...

need mex multi c/c++ files into one dll and exe call from m-file
I want mex multi c/c++ main(int argc, char** argv) which calls other c/c++ files where each of them contains many c/c++ functions. can i keep the main(int argc, char** argv) or i have change it? If i have do so, how? Do i have write a mex-function for each c/c++ function or only for the main function. As other solution, i compiled the c/c++ files into my.exe. I want m-file calls my.exe and get result in variable without waiting my.exe like this example: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %% unwanted code open('my.exe');%it creates my.txt containing the results wich will be o...

Reading a tcl file in C
I have a tcl configure file (a list of variables with values and comments) that I wish to read into an array in C (or better yet, Objective-C). Does anyone have any suggestions of how to do this, or have any public-domain or GPL code that does this? randall.h.wood@gmail.com wrote: > I have a tcl configure file (a list of variables with values and > comments) that I wish to read into an array in C (or better yet, > Objective-C). Does anyone have any suggestions of how to do this, or > have any public-domain or GPL code that does this? Can you give us a short example of what this file will look like? -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester | |"The man who fights for his ideals is the man who is alive." - Cervantes| +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ On Mar 13, 9:02 am, "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Les...@cox.net> wrote: > randall.h.w...@gmail.com wrote: > > I have a tcl configure file (a list of variables with values and > > comments) that I wish to read into an array in C (or better yet, > > Objective-C). Does anyone have any suggestions of how to do this, or > > have any public-domain or GPL code that does this? > > Can you give us a short example of what this file will look like? > I apologize for the delayed response. EXAMPLE FOLLOWS: # Set the dire...

Windows File System with Tcl
hello, I am currently trying to get some tcl code running. (it's from the book "practical programming with tcl/tk"; the browser example), but I do have a problem with the correct implementation of e.g. c:\tcl\tclbook. As far as I know I should have to write c:\\tcl\\tclbook, but this is still not working yet. any thoughts? thanks franz here the code: set browse(dir) C:\\Programme\\Tcl\\tclbook\\*.tcl <-----------------!!! wm minsize . 30 5 wm title . "Tcl exapmle Browser, v0" frame .menubar pack .menubar -fill x button .menubar.quit -text Quit -command exit pack .menubar.quit -side right label .menubar.label -textvariable browse(dir) pack .menubar.label -side right -fill x -expand true foreach f [glob $browse(dir) ] { <-----------------------!!!!! if [ catch {open $f} in] { puts stderr "Cannot open $f: $in" continue } while {[gets $in line] >= 0} { if [regexp -nocase {^# ([^ ]+) chapter} $line x keywod] { lappend examples($keyword) $f close $in break } } } menubutton .menubar.ex -text Examples -menu .menubar.ex.m pack .menubar.ex -side left set m [menu .menubar.ex.m] set i 0 foreach key [lsort [array names examples]] { $m add cascade -label $key -menu $m.sub$i set sub [menu $m.sub$i -tearoff 0] incr i foreach item [lsort $examples($key)] { $sub add command -label [file tail $item] -command [list Browse $item] } } frame .body text...

tiny file dialogs - Cross platform file dialogs in C / C++ for WINDOWS OSX UNIX
tiny file dialogs - tinyfd Cross platform file dialogs in C / C++ for WINDOWS OSX UNIX version 1.1.2 [November 19, 2014] A single C file with 3 function calls. They pop up the open file(s) dialog, the save file dialog or the select folder dialog. It also compiles on c++ compilers. Originally conceived as a complement to glut, THERE IS NO MAIN LOOP. On windows, native code is used to create the dialogs. On unix, it uses zenity, present on linux, freebsd and illumos. Otherwise it uses python 2 with tkinter, present on osx. http://sourceforge.net/projects/tinyfiledialogs/ ---...

Undefined error #612
I got this message when i did a nonlinear regression. I am using SPSS 13.0 Undefined error #612 - Cannot open text file "C:\Program Files\SPSS\en\windows\spss.err": No such file or directory=AC Predicted values are missing, or case weights are missing or not positive for all cases. This command is not executed. What is wrong with the SPSS? I have no problem at all when i use version 12.0 Thank you, run - I have not seen anyone respond to this one - Here is a comment, even though it is not very useful. On 22 Mar 2005 18:56:27 -0800, "run" <run@hawaii.edu> wrote: > > I got this message when i did a nonlinear regression. I am using SPSS > 13.0 > > Undefined error #612 - Cannot open text file "C:\Program > Files\SPSS\en\windows\spss.err": No such file or directory� 1) That's a funny character at the end of 'directory', which reads as "=AC" or else as a special character. 2) That text file message seems to point to a message-file that should be there at installation; so it *seems* to signify that the installation went wrong, or disk contents have been altered since the time of installation. Combining those two things with my long experience at pondering error messages -- I wonder whether SPSS could be totally screwed up at this stage, so that the next line about "Predicted values ... weights" may have little to do with anythi...

"no such file or directory" when executing tcl file
Hi, new to TCL and hitting a road bump right out the gate. I just installed ActiveTcl 8.5 on my Windows XP SP2 machine. I made the following script and saved it as test.tcl: #!/usr/local/bin/tclsh puts stdout {Hello, Patrick!} When in the TCL command prompt, I type test.tcl and it gives me the error "couldn't execute ".\test.tcl": no such file or directory". I am in the correct directory so I'm pretty lost as to why it is saying this. Here are my exact steps: <open command prompt> H:\workspaces\tcl>tclsh85 % dir Volume in drive H is Data Volume Serial Number is 828C-6076 Directory of H:\workspaces\tcl 01/12/2009 05:23 PM <DIR> . 01/12/2009 05:23 PM <DIR> .. 01/12/2009 05:37 PM 31 test.tcl 1 File(s) 31 bytes 2 Dir(s) 41,173,749,760 bytes free % test.tcl couldn't execute ".\test.tcl": no such file or directory If someone could help fill in the blanks here, I'd appreciate it. Apparently I'm overlooking something obvious. Thanks, Patrick On Jan 13, 12:43=A0am, "Patrick H." <patri...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, new to TCL and hitting a road bump right out the gate. I just > installed ActiveTcl 8.5 on my Windows XP SP2 machine. I made the > following script and saved it as test.tcl: > > #!/usr/local/bin/tclsh > puts stdout {Hello, Patrick!} > > When in the TCL command prompt, I type...

How to write tcl generated xml file into a new file
Hi, I have generated a xml file using xmlgen. After running the tcl script the ouput is displayed on the terminal . I want to take the terminal output into a xml file. Any Suggestion ???/ Thanks Ranjan On Nov 25, 12:46=A0pm, gyana behera <ranjan....@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have generated a xml file using xmlgen. > After running the tcl script the ouput is displayed on the terminal . > I want to take the terminal output into a xml file. > > Any Suggestion ???/ > > Thanks > Ranjan Either redirect the output of the script to the xml-file. (xmlgen > output.xml) or open the file in the script: set f [open $filename w] then use puts $f instead of puts to output to the file and finally close the file: close $f Note that all this is covered in the Tcl tutorial, which is definitely worth a visit. (http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/ tcltutorial.html) Mark ...

[Tcl] file copy does not "touch" file. Why?
In a situation, when both source and destination files exist, file copy (with -force of course) does not update the last modification time of the destination file. This "feature" has a strong impact on cooperation with 'make'. Is that really intended? I have to do 'touch' externally to make it correct. The external "cp" command on unix does touch the destination file. -- // _ ___ Michal "Sektor" Malecki <sektor(whirl)kis.p.lodz.pl> \\ L_ |/ `| /^\ ,() <ethourhs(O)gmail.com> // \_ |\ \/ \_/ /\ C++ bez cholesterolu: http://www.intercon.pl/~sektor/cbx "I am allergic to Java because programming in Java reminds me casting spells" Sektor van Skijlen wrote: > In a situation, when both source and destination files exist, file copy (with > -force of course) does not update the last modification time of the > destination file. This "feature" has a strong impact on cooperation with > 'make'. It's that way because it makes it easier to do archival backups. If you want the mtime of the destination to be *now*, try this: proc creatingFileCopy {source destination} { file copy $source $destination file mtime $destination [clock seconds] } You might argue that there should be an option to tell [file copy] to not copy the metadata. I'd probably not argue the matter, but currently the metadata copy is done, since it's part of pr...

Web resources about - Can I compile a tcl/tk extended C file into an exe file on windows? - comp.lang.tcl

Extended play - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
EPs were released in various sizes in different eras. The earliest multi-track records, issued around 1919 by Grey Gull Records , were vertically ...

Extended Speech Assessment Methods Phonetic Alphabet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Extended Speech Assessment Methods Phonetic Alphabet (X-SAMPA) is a variant of SAMPA developed in 1995 by John C. Wells , professor of phonetics ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

Breaking: SideStep acquires Extended Info
It’s a good time to have a popular Facebook app. I just spoke with Trey Philips, creator of the Extended Info Facebook application, who confirmed ...

Frankenstein - Extended Edition – HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Frankenstein - Extended Edition – HD on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Jail term extended for jealous bikie who told partner 'don't think I won't suffocate you'
... her with a home-made pen pistol. A bikie gang member who believed that his partner was having an affair, has had his jail sentence extended ...

Voting in the same-sex marriage plebiscite should be extended to 16 and 17 year olds
It seems that there is no turning Malcolm Turnbull back from holding a plebiscite on same-sex marriage. The federal government is determined ...

Duty-Free Exemptions Extended In The U.S. 2
"The gap is unsustainable in our integrated economy.''

2017 Bentley Mulsanne Extended Wheelbase is for the driven
Filed under: Videos , Bentley , Sedan , Luxury , Specialty Bentley will offer the 2017 Mulsanne in two lengths. The Extended Wheelbase adds 10 ...

FCA shutdown of car plant extended by three more weeks
News about global automotive manufacturing, with an emphasis on U.S. production.