can you run e commerce site using just tcl 8.6.2 and a pure tcl webserver?

and have decent performance?
0
johannes

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

Question on migration from TCL 8.3 to TCL 8.6
Hi All, I am working on a EDA tool which is built on TCL 8.3 platform. I need to upgrade the platform to TCL 8.6. Is it proper to move directly from 8.3 to 8.6 version? Or should I upgrade to TCL 8.5 as TCL 8.6 is still beta version. Please suggest me precautions. Please point me to documentation/User guide related to this. Thanks for help, Divyesh On Thursday, 30 January 2014 04:47:57 UTC, Divyesh Patel wrote: > Is it proper to move directly from 8.3 to 8.6 version? Or should I upgrade to TCL 8.5 as TCL 8.6 is still beta version. > Tcl 8.6.1 is now the current ...

Bug789040 came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5.
Dear All, Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Chengye Mao http://www.geocities.com/~chengye Chengye Mao wrote: > Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. > But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users > should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl > 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Have you i...

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "['Twould be nice to] make Tk correctly adapt when user changes system colors and/or color depth; the last is a big stinker, especially since Tk really gets borked when you change color depth, and that's more common on Windows nowadays because of Windows Remote Desktop is more common (built into XP) and has this behavior forced in (to save bandwidth)." - Jeff Hobbs "[W]e know the real risks are the endpoints." - Bruce Schneier http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2007/12/security_in_ten.html Thanks for Arjen Markus for his weekly summary of Wiki actio...

Why can execution results in tcl shell differ than if using tcl script??
Hi, I have been posting a thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different results!!! Why did this happens?? Thanks, Ahmad Ahmad wrote: > Hi, > > I have been posting a thread here: > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# > >...

Tcl OO mixins and inheritence behaviour change from version 8.6.2 to version 8.6.3
Hi, it seems that implementation of object oriented functionality in tcl8.6.3 changed in a away that breaks my existing code. My test code looks like this: oo::class create MixinClass { method helloWorld {args} { puts "[self class]" catch { next } } } oo::class create BaseClass { mixin MixinClass method helloWorld {args} { puts "[self class]" catch { next } } } oo::class create TargetClass { superclass BaseClass method helloWorld {args} { puts "[self class]" catch { next } } }...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

Need help .. Have tcl 8.4
Hi! I am writing a TK GUI to monitor our interfaces. The data is going to b= e updated for now via a file every 30 seconds. I would like my TK GUI to u= pdate itself every time the file is modified. I thought there was a file e= vent out there. But I'm not seeing it. Is there an easy way out there? Meg On 15/02/2013 21:51, cookeym@gmail.com wrote: > I am writing a TK GUI to monitor our interfaces. The data is going to > be updated for now via a file every 30 seconds. I would like my TK > GUI to update itself every time the file is modified. I thought > there wa...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk 8.4.6 rpm specification with thread 2.5.2 extension #2

Binary reader speed comparison
I have a fairly simple binary reader proc that exhibits massive speed differences between Tcl 8.5.8 and Tcl8.6b1.1. Here's the proc: proc readFormatted {filename} { set fd [ open $filename r ] fconfigure $fd -encoding binary -translation binary binary scan [ read $fd 2 ] cc type nextlen if {$type != 75} { return -error "File is not in the expected format" } while {![append buffer [read $fd $nextlen] ; eof $fd]} { binary scan [read $fd 2] cc lastlen nextlen # convert to unsigned value set nextlen ...

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "It was easier to re-train the VB guys to write Tcl than to port the app to VB." - slebetman "... do almost nothing, and still get the job done." - Richard Suchenwirth on Tcl in various aspects POTW: "PgBrowse ver 1.3 is a generic Postgresql database browser that works on Windows, Macintosh and Linux platforms that is written in Tcl/Tk." http://homepage.mac.com/levanj/TclTk Bryan Oakley illustrates the ability to provide "what i exactly want" even in a thread on menu items and tooltips where he doesn't "understand th...

Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL!
QOTW: "That Tcl/Tk affords some amount of updating without separate thread handling should be looked upon as a bonus, in that the event loop is far simpler to handle than threading models." -- Melissa Schrumpf "Today at work I was asked to do some very specific (and thought by management to be difficult to impossible) tasks which were one-liners in tcl." -- Gordon Johnstone POTW: Notebook v2.0.3 by Will Duquette. "Notebook is a personal notebook application." "If you've ever used a Wiki on the Web, Notebook is much like a personal Wiki. But it goes ...

Web resources about - can you run e commerce site using just tcl 8.6.2 and a pure tcl webserver? - comp.lang.tcl

Apache webserver updated to ignore Do Not Track settings in IE 10
Developers of Apache, the Internet's most widely used webserver application, have released an update that causes websites to ignore privacy settings ...

Nokia's "Raccoon" project turns cellphones into webservers
It's been no secret that Nokia has been working on a mobile web server, lovingly codenamed project "Raccoon," but now they've taken things one ...

Using an Android as a webserver
In the latest episode of XDA TV [Adam Outler] turned his Android phone into a webserver . At first this might sound comical, but the ever-increasing ...

In Those Obamacare Webservers Crashing, the Sound of Tea Party Doom
... exchange sites saw so much traffic from people interested in signing up for Obamacare that they bogged down... and in the sound of those webservers ...

Using WebGL to Render Kinect Webserver Image Data
... for Windows events and developments and preview the futuristic world of touch-free computing Our 1.8 release includes a sample called WebserverBasics-WPF ...

Über stealthy malware infects Apache webservers
Über stealthy malware corrupts legit webservers

Be the Master of Your Own Domain With a DIY Webserver
You don't have to sift through a storm of cloud services to figure out which is right for you ¿ create your very own web server that does whatever ...

Eggcyte: the webserver you can put in your pocket
The Egg is a webserver; a storage device; a Wi-Fi hotspot; and, maybe, a security service. It puts the "mobile" Internet a reality: it fits in ...

Employee "Disciplined" For Installing Bitcoin Software On Federal Webservers
Fluffeh writes "Around a year ago, a person working for the ABC in Australia with the highest levels of access to systems got caught caught with ...

Apache webserver updated to ignore Do Not Track settings in IE10 -> 0
An Apache webserver update has been released that ignores the 'Do Not Track' privacy setting sent from IE. Patch author and Adobe employee Roy ...