Coming Soon: YouTube Tutorials about [incr-Tcl] and Object Oriented Programming

Reminder! soon I will start a tutorial series about [incr-Tcl] (in short called itcl)  and how to use it to make Object Oriented Programs in Tcl. I'll be talking about writing a classes and methods and inheritance... etc.
Please press the button [subscribe] in my channel on YouTube on this link to get a notification on your email account:

http://youtube.com/user/ranixlb

Don't forget!!!
0
Rani

YouTube Playlist: Tcl/Tk Object Oriented Programming Using Itcl (incr Tcl) Lessons
Hi. Like I promised you hours ago.. The playlist in English : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ The same playlist in Arabic : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_91kA-iUz_5XGNmHzivHBG Enjoy! On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 4:04:21 PM UTC+2, Rani Ahmad wrote: > Hi. > > Like I promised you hours ago.. > > The playlist in English : > > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ > > The same playlist in Arabic : > > https://www.youtube.com/playli...

Youtube: Tcl/Tk Object Oriented Programming & TclOO Overview
Tcl/Tk Object Oriented Programming & TclOO Lesson1: Overview (English Version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYJUj5aruTc Tcl/Tk Object Oriented Programming & TclOO Lesson1: Overview (Arabic Version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BdZkvZARsY A complete book about TclOO by the freenode IRC member of #tcl , of nickname "APN" on the following link: http://www.magicsplat.com/articles/oo.html On Monday, January 19, 2015 at 1:18:41 PM UTC+2, Rani Ahmad wrote: > Tcl/Tk Object Oriented Programming & TclOO Lesson1: Overview (English Version) > ...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]
hi, where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' or any other good debugger, which i could use? best, s. On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' > > or any other good debugger, which i could use? I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of coverage for tcl. I don't know w...

object oriented tcl
Hi, I'm trying to understand the object system that will ship with Tcl8.6. How would the following two Java examples be written using Tcl8.6? // Example (1): class AClass { public int a; public int b; } AClass aClass = new AClass(); aClass.a = 1; aClass.b = 2; // Example (2) class BClass { private int count; public BClass(int count) { this.count = count; } public int getCount() { return count; } public void incCount() { count++; } } BClass bClass = new BClass(2); Thanks On 24 Sep, 22:34, plaf <plaf_f...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote: > I&#...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4
Hi, I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. I looked at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.1/ But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1 tag. Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding iwidgets? Thanks, Andres On 5 Okt., 11:16, Andres Garcia <tclc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. > > I looked at: > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou... > > ...

Serialising incr tcl objects?
Hi all, is there a way to serialise an incr tcl object? I suppose I could simply save the object name, class and all variable names/values (private, public and protected) which can be retrieved with obj info variable. But does a better way exist? I intent to serialise objects in XML format. George My first attempt looks like this: ## ## Class: serialisable ## An object that can serialise itself. If an object inherits this class, it ## will automatically become serialisable. ## itcl::class serialisable { constructor {} { };# class constructor method serialise {{format xml}} { s...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

Tcl+incr Tcl debuggers to use on command line?
Hi, Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Thanks On 10/11/14, 9:46 PM, kenneth.bull@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? > That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Well, the debugger in ActiveState's TDK does not need a bundled IDE and it works with [incr Tcl] -- but it is a GUI application not a command line one. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. L...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

Web resources about - Coming Soon: YouTube Tutorials about [incr-Tcl] and Object Oriented Programming - comp.lang.tcl

Mercury (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
11.07.2 (August 3, 2012 ; 2 months ago ( 2012-08-03 ) ) Mercury is a functional logic programming language geared towards real-world applications. ...

The sheer volume and quality of Netflix’s original programming is unprecedented
... on its laurels, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said in an earnings press release that Netflix plans to launch at least 600 hours of original programming ...

Learn any of these 16 programming languages and you'll always have a job
... world," venture capitalist Marc Andreessen famously declared. Someone has to write that software. Why not you? There are thousands of programming ...

Microsoft offers developers free tools for its R programming language software
Microsoft is giving developers and students a free crack at its new server software for the R programming language. [ Want to learn R? Download ...

Pay what you want to learn programming for web, Apple Watch, iOS 9 and more
The world of programming is wide and wild, bristling with enough different languages, platforms and workflows to leave anyone dizzy. These 10 ...

CBS, Sky Enter Major Pan-European Deal For Showtime Programming
Sky Atlantic is to become the exclusive home to Showtime programming in major European markets under a new long-term licensing agreement between ...

Donald Trump gets his own blustery programming language
Have you ever wondered what code would look like if it were dictated by a presidential candidate's grandiose statements rather than such radical ...

Verizon's CFO: Custom TV will 'refresh' to comply with programming contracts
Verizon CFO Fran Shammo said his company will make changes to its FiOS Custom TV product, which granularly controls which programming networks ...

The CW Doesn't Care About Live Views Because The CW Doesn't Have Major Stake In Its Programming
CW president Mark Pedowitz says he doesn't care about live viewership... but it's not for the reasons you think.

New Donald Trump programming language seeks to make programming great again
A team of software engineers at Rice University has introduced a new programming language called TrumpScript. Based on Python, the new language ...