Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

hi,

where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source?
this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk'

or any other good debugger, which i could use?

best,
s.
0
sitaca (1)

On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source?
> this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk'
>
> or any other good debugger, which i could use?

I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of
coverage for tcl. I don't know whether or not any of the tools
mentioned include coverage of itcl.

0
lvirden (1938)
1/23/2009 11:52:31 AM
On 23 jan, 12:52, "Larry W. Virden" <lvir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi,
>
> > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source?
> > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk'
>
> > or any other good debugger, which i could use?
>
> I see, athttp://wiki.tcl.tk/8638, a brief reference to the topic of
> coverage for tcl. I don't know whether or not any of the tools
> mentioned include coverage of itcl.

I have a more complete version of the coverage tool mentioned on
that page. I just never got around to publishing it more widely.

As for debuggers: the Wiki has a lot of pointers on that subject
as well.

Regards,

Arjen
0
arjen.markus (2628)
1/23/2009 3:07:49 PM
Larry W. Virden wrote:
> On Jan 23, 5:56 am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source?
>> this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk'
>>
>> or any other good debugger, which i could use?
>
> I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of
> coverage for tcl. I don't know whether or not any of the tools
> mentioned include coverage of itcl.

On a related note, the wiki page for TclPro[1] fails to mention that the
free tclpro sources have been built for Fedora, and are available in
Fedora 7 and later via the standard 'yum' command.  Fedora users can run:

yum install tclpro

....to get prodebug, procheck, and procompile.

Due to build problems with tbcload in Tcl 8.5, procompile is not
available for Fedora 9 and later.

--Wart

[1]http://wiki.tcl.tk/365
0
wart (19)
1/24/2009 7:08:04 PM
Wart wrote:

> On a related note, the wiki page for TclPro[1] fails to mention that the
> free tclpro sources have been built for Fedora, and are available in
> Fedora 7 and later via the standard 'yum' command.  Fedora users can run:
>
> yum install tclpro
>
> ...to get prodebug, procheck, and procompile.
>
> Due to build problems with tbcload in Tcl 8.5, procompile is not
> available for Fedora 9 and later.
>
> --Wart
>
> [1]http://wiki.tcl.tk/365

Please go ahead and bring the Wiki up to date.  You probably know more than anyone else about using TclPro on Fedora, since (IIRC) you maintain the RPM packages.

There is also a page on the Linux distros available from Red Hat, and the Tcl tools provided as RPMs:
http://wiki.tcl.tk/8929

Keith.

0
kjn9 (125)
1/25/2009 6:17:37 PM
Keith Nash wrote:
> Wart wrote:
>
>> On a related note, the wiki page for TclPro[1] fails to mention that the
>> free tclpro sources have been built for Fedora, and are available in
>> Fedora 7 and later via the standard 'yum' command.  Fedora users can run:
>>
>> yum install tclpro
>>
>> ...to get prodebug, procheck, and procompile.
>>
>> Due to build problems with tbcload in Tcl 8.5, procompile is not
>> available for Fedora 9 and later.
>>
>> --Wart
>>
>> [1]http://wiki.tcl.tk/365
>
> Please go ahead and bring the Wiki up to date.  You probably know more than anyone else about using TclPro on Fedora, since (IIRC) you maintain the RPM packages.
>
> There is also a page on the Linux distros available from Red Hat, and the Tcl tools provided as RPMs:
> http://wiki.tcl.tk/8929

I tried updating both pages, but the changes didn't get accepted.  Is
there some manual approval process that authors and/or changes need to
go through before being pushed to the public?

--Wart
0
wart (19)
1/25/2009 7:50:19 PM
On 25 Jan, 19:50, Wart <w...@kobold.org> wrote:
> I tried updating both pages, but the changes didn't get accepted. =A0Is
> there some manual approval process that authors and/or changes need to
> go through before being pushed to the public?

On the Tcler's Wiki? No. We just rely on the fact that a fair number
of people watch the Recent Changes page. :-) If something else is
going wrong, that might be a separate issue. OTOH, if you are using
Firefox it is probably just an irritating caching issue in your
browser; try a forced reload of the page after you've edited.

(In fact, I can see your changes in the history of both pages.)

Donal.
Donal K. Fellows wrote:
> On 25 Jan, 19:50, Wart <w...@kobold.org> wrote:
>> I tried updating both pages, but the changes didn't get accepted.  Is
>> there some manual approval process that authors and/or changes need to
>> go through before being pushed to the public?
>
> On the Tcler's Wiki? No. We just rely on the fact that a fair number
> of people watch the Recent Changes page. :-) If something else is
> going wrong, that might be a separate issue. OTOH, if you are using
> Firefox it is probably just an irritating caching issue in your
> browser; try a forced reload of the page after you've edited.

Thanks, it was a cached page in the browser.  Firefox sometimes caches
these things a little too aggressively...

--Wart
0
thomas573 (9)

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

Tcl+incr Tcl debuggers to use on command line?
Hi, Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Thanks On 10/11/14, 9:46 PM, kenneth.bull@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? > That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Well, the debugger in ActiveState's TDK does not need a bundled IDE and it works with [incr Tcl] -- but it is a GUI application not a command line one. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. L...

YouTube Playlist: Tcl/Tk Object Oriented Programming Using Itcl (incr Tcl) Lessons
Hi. Like I promised you hours ago.. The playlist in English : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ The same playlist in Arabic : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_91kA-iUz_5XGNmHzivHBG Enjoy! On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 4:04:21 PM UTC+2, Rani Ahmad wrote: > Hi. > > Like I promised you hours ago.. > > The playlist in English : > > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ > > The same playlist in Arabic : > > https://www.youtube.com/playli...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

tcl application with tcl application

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates expires on October 20. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows University of Manchester Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle ...

Correct package name for [incr Tcl] and [incr Tk]?
Hello, can someone tell me the correct package name for [incr Tcl] and [incr Tk]? I have seen various exact spellings - itcl, Itcl, itk and Itk - for version 3.4 and 4.0. This is a trifle confusing, as different distributions seem to use different spellings. Regards, Arjen Arjen Markus <arjen.markus895@gmail.com> writes: > Hello, > can someone tell me the correct package name for [incr Tcl] and > [incr Tk]? I have seen various exact spellings - itcl, Itcl, itk and > Itk - for version 3.4 and 4.0. This is a trifle confusing, as > different distributions ...

2nd Call For Papers for the 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010)
[[ Important Changes: More information about registration at the hotel. Our location chair has organized special social activities, both geeky (FermiLab Tour) and cultured (Theatre). See below for more. ]] 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ October 11 - 15, 2010 Hilton Suites/Conference Center Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 1, 2010 Notification to authors August 15, 2010 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2010 Author materials due October 1, 2010 Tutorials Start October 11, 2010 Conference starts October 13, 2010 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2010 will be held in Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois USA from October 11 - 15, 2010. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and pr...

1st Call For Papers
22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Conference starts October 21, 2015 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 201...

Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community
Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community. After years of TCL Dev I am giving something back to the Dev Tcl Community. You can download NetpackX including source code at http://helihobby.com/netpackx/index.html and also you may download lots of cool aps and libs here: http://helihobby.com/netpackx/Tcl_Tk/tcl_tk.html I hope TCL/TK continues to grow and special thanks to Jeff Hobbs for his support. Regards, Sean - www.HeliHobby.com ...

Web resources about - Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl] - comp.lang.tcl

Debugger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. A debugger ...

Debugger - Facebook-Entwickler
Facebook-Entwickler Search Facebook Developers Dokumente Werkzeuge Hilfe Neuigkeiten Anwendungen Anmelden Debugger Startseite › Werkzeuge Input ...

Script Debugger 5.0
Major update to one of my favorite apps of all time. If you dick around with AppleScript, you should have Script Debugger.

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
When you're working in Linux, manually debugging memory-related errors can be difficult and time consuming. These five tools can help.

Android Studio 1.2 Reaches Beta, Adds Built-In Decompiler, Inline Debugger Variables, Smarter Formatting ...
When Android Studio v1.1 entered the Stable channel, about 6 weeks ago, the Dev Tools team gave word that v1.2 was already well underway and ...

Review: 5 memory debuggers for Linux coding
As a programmer, I'm aware that I tend to make mistakes and why not? Even programmers are human. Some errors are detected during code compilation, ...

Meet the DeBuggers An attitude adjustment regarding the "Fix" at Healthcare.gov
Let me start off by saying that Healthcare.gov is now working well in most areas of the US. Folks are accessing the site all day, every day, ...

Resolving Nightmare Bugs With Reversible Linux App Debugger
Undo and ARM partner on ARM DS-5 tool suite rapidly resolve nightmare bugs

Bed bugs: A new debugger - The Economist
FEW things destroy the reputation of a high-class hotel faster than bed bugs.

Genuitec Launches Debugger for PhoneGap, Apache Cordova
Genuitec ships GapDebug, a new debugger for developers building PhoneGap and Apache Cordova apps.