Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL! - weekly Tcl news and links (Aug 8)

QOTW:  "That's part of 'marketing'.  Tcl for one reason or the other, seems
to have done a really good job of getting into companies, but it seems to be
a 'black hole' in that nothing gets out again." - David Welton

"Also it is self-reinforcing:  When there is no 'buzz' surrounding a
language, companies don't flaunt it as a 'buzz-word'." - Donald Arsenau,
also on c.l.t

POTW:
    ANN: TkHelpBrowser 1.2
    TkHelpBrowser is a simple but complete system for displaying user
    documentation in an application. In addition to providing display of the
    HTML pages, it provides navigation of the documents via a treeview, and
    also provides basic search capabilities
    homepage: http://tk-components.sourceforge.net/helpbrowser/index.html
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/8a1d18bf338e9669

ORBI: or what happened on comp.lang.tcl

    Starpack/XOTcl/Thread exit behavior
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/cccc85398af8c949

    TclSOAP and SOAP headers
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/400ffc3ef939ab8e

    Tile question
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/ea22a09ae55e826a
	http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread/d724060a00573cab

    NewsForge Ariticle
	Interesting how words like buzz, marketing, etc...  and then something positive.
	url: http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/07/28/219235&from=rss
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/d4eda504e4df13b8

    navigation, zooming in/out, how to solve it?
    Questions on (new/other) UI concepts:
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/3062174ac62715bd
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.perl.tk/browse_thread/thread/5bce1eb12264611f

    Tcl's Future  was: Re: Apache 2.0 TCL solution
	an ongoing discussion:
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/aad3963513aafd64

    Tk within a foreing MDI host ( tcl-core )
    How to get Tk Windows managed under the "Viewport" Window of an MDI App:
	http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=29424300&forum_id=3854

TIPX: new, used and discarded Tips
    TIP 268 by Jeff Hobbs : Enhance 'package' Version Handling
	some discussion on implementation in tcl-core
	http://sourceforge.net/search/index.php?group_id=10894&form_submit=Search&search_subject=1&type_of_search=mlists&all_words=&exact_phrase=tip+268&
	( i can't rid myself of the impression that threading and the
	searchform on sourceforge maillists are somehow broken )

OOTW: Orphan of the week or questions nobody answered yet:
    SDIO interface
    are there any way to use Tcl sending commands or data via SDIO
    interface just like the way it communicates with COM port?
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/519f7a8293bf80f5

URBI: or what happened on comp.lang.tcl this week TEN years ago:
    (naive?) question
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/e374cb3583be2c38/

    BUG?: Multi-interpreter grab problems
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/7ec9b9c80aa7e93f

    ANNOUNCE: EC - embedded C in Tcl ( ProtoCritcl ? )
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl.announce/browse_thread/thread/2bdb66a334eb1709

    Algorithm for Canvas
    splitting canvas postscript output into multiple pages:
	http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/98ac0c16498c89a5

Thanks to Arjen Markus for his report:
  It is the holiday season in the northern hemisphere and
  that may or may not influence Wiki activity - oh, just
  see for yourself.

  Discussions
  - The fabled "Tcl 9" may or may not be different when
    it comes to interactive features - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/16214>

  - Need to build a help system? There are plenty of options
    as witnessed by <http://wiki.tcl.tk/3196>

  - Implementing the famous map function, that showpiece of
    functional programming, is dead-easy with Tcl 8.5's apply
    command - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/12848>

  Demonstrations
  - All you need is Tcl/Tk if you want to do some logic programming:
    See <http://wiki.tcl.tk/16234> for editing logical notations
    and <http://wiki.tcl.tk/16238. if you are more concerned with
    databases and unification.

  - You may not release it, but it is very easy with Tcl to
    update a _running_ program. <http://wiki.tcl.tk/1027>

  - Now that these little hand-held computers are so ubiquitous,
    you could just wait for this kind of application to appear:
    always have a map of your whereabouts on the screen
    - <http://wiki.tcl.tk/16207>

Everything Tcl-related you want is probably one or two clicks away in these
pages:
    The "Welcome to comp.lang.tcl" message by Andreas Kupries
        http://www.purl.org/net/tcl-welcome
    comp.lang.tcl is a crucial resource for Tcl practitioners.
    An interesting perspective on its traffic appears at
        http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/about

    The Tcl Developer Site is Tcl's "home base".
	http://www.tcl.tk

    Larry Virden maintains a comp.lang.tcl FAQ launcher.
        http://www.purl.org/NET/Tcl-FAQ/

    The Tcl Developer Xchange is a highly organized resource center
    of documents and software with provisions for individuals to
    maintain references to their own software:
        http://www.tcl.tk/resource/
    The TDX sponsor, ActiveState, also keeps info to convince your
    boss Tcl is a good thing
        http://www.tcl.tk/scripting/

    The Tcl'ers Wiki is a huge, dynamic, collaboratively edited repository
    of documentation, examples, tutorials and pontifications on all things
    Tcl.
        http://wiki.tcl.tk/0
    For the ideal overview of the topics about Tcl most likely to
    interest a newcomer, see "Arts and Crafts ..."
        http://wiki.tcl.tk/969
    There's also a high-quality Wikibook on Tcl:
        http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Tcl

    ActiveState maintains binaries distribution and development tools
        http://www.activestate.com/Tcl
    along with a Cookbook of Tcl recipes
        http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Tcl

    deli.cio.us presents an intriguing approach to reference commentary.
    It already aggregates quite a bit of Tcl intelligence.
        http://del.icio.us/tag/tcl

    Cameron Laird tracks several Tcl/Tk references of interest (but
    needs to validate many of the links).
        http://phaseit.net/claird/comp.lang.tcl/

    Years ago, Cetus Links maintained a Tcl/Tk page with verified links
        http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_tcl_tk.html

    "Yahoo! Groups" archives comp.lang.tcl.announce posts--even
    though clta itself is dormant.

Previous - (U)se the (R)esource, (L)uke! - messages are supposed to be
listed at *Dr. Dobbs*, but sysad at CMP has fallen behind.  We're working
with them to restore the archive.
  http://www.ddj.com/topic/tcl/
In the meantime, an alternative is
  http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&as_q=+Tcl-URL&as_ugroup=comp.lang.tcl

Suggestions/corrections for next week's posting are always welcome.

To receive a new issue of this posting in e-mail each Monday, ask
<claird@phaseit.net> to subscribe.  Be sure to mention "Tcl-URL!".
--
Dr. Dobb's Journal (http://www.ddj.com) is pleased to participate in and
sponsor the "Tcl-URL!" project.

Tcl 8.5 & Vim's Tcl interface
[Pardon the leading period, but I'm hoping the indenting is preserved to make reading easier] .. I wanted Vim on windows (x64) that was compiled with Vim's .. Tcl interface. All went fairly well, I was able to build .. Vim using window's SDK command line compiler for x64, and I .. linked against ActiveState's Tcl 8.5.11.0 for x64 using .. tclstub85.lib to allow dynamic loading of the Tcl DLL. .. .. [As an aside, I'm hoping to convince Vim's maintainer to .. build the release version of Vim containing support for all .. the language interfaces since only an error message would .. occur if the respective DLL was not found. It appears that .. the Vim maintainer last checked building against 8.4] .. .. The Tcl interface works for a simple ":tcl puts Hello" but .. when I tried anything more I get the error: .. .. wrong # args: should be "catch command ?varName?" .. .. This is because Vim creates a replacement "catch" command .. (I've attached the relevant code below. As the comments .. state, Vim needs to prevent exit() being called by Tcl. Tcl .. 8.5 has introduced a new "catch" command that takes an .. additional argument, and somewhere -- either the Tcl .. library or tcl85.dll -- uses catch with four arguments. I .. don't have 8.5's source but I see that auto.tcl, clock.tcl, .. init.tcl, (I stopped looking) all use the four-argument catch. .. .. So here's my question: what's the best way this...

Tcl on Dr. Dobb's
Dr. Dobb's has just posted an editorial on 25 years of Tcl: http://www.drdobbs.com/240165482 ...

Tcl-fuse: A Tcl interface to the Linux kernel's FUSE subsystem.
This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-fuse Tcl-fuse is a Tcl extension that exports the full functionality of the underlying FUSE (File-System in User-Space) Linux kernel feature, to the Tcl programming language. It enables: * Export of the Tcl VFS layer (and all the filesystems implemented in it) to external processes, via the FUSE subsystem. * Easy creation of FUSE filesystems, using Tcl. Dependencies: * Tcl 8.5 or greater. * The running kernel is compiled with FUSE support enabled. Tcl-fuse was developed as a GSoC2008 project, with Tcl as the mentoring organization. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-fuse/ Man page: http://tcl-fuse.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis Alexandros Stergiakis wrote: > This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-fuse > > Tcl-fuse is a Tcl extension that exports the full functionality of the > underlying FUSE (File-System in User-Space) Linux kernel feature, to the > Tcl programming language. > > It enables: > * Export of the Tcl VFS layer (and all the filesystems implemented in > it) to external processes, via the FUSE subsystem. > * Easy creation of FUSE filesystems, using Tcl. > > Dependencies: > * Tcl 8.5 or greater. > * The running kernel is compiled with FUSE support enabled. > > Tcl-fuse was developed as a GSoC2008 project, with Tcl as the mentoring > organization. > >...

Tcl's Future was: Re: Apache 2.0 TCL solution
davidnwelton@gmail.com wrote: [snip] > Part of the problem is that where Rails has had brilliant marketing, > Tcl's has been nothing short of disastrous, so with something like > Rails, that is good technology, hopping on the bandwagon is a pleasant > change from the "trench warfware" world of trying to defend Tcl. > > A recent example: > > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/tcl-core/3201127 > > Someone 'important' actually used Tcl for an important project, and I > don't even see anyone answering him in public. I doubt anyone will answer. There isn't a clear leader for Tcl, or even much direction or push for releases by all of the core team. I'm also having serious doubts about some things. 8.5 is over 4 years old and it's still alpha. If there's any clear person pushing for releases it's DGP, but one man is not an army or a "core team." Just today I tracked down a bug in Tcl's Unicode big-endian code path that has had an alignment bug for years! This is a bug that causes a bus error on PA-RISC and probably other big-endian systems that use the big-endian Unicode conversion paths. It just got reported today. I'm lead to believe a lot of things don't get tested, engineered, and reviewed properly. We are human after all, but I think we can do better, regardless of what some may say. I once proposed that we need a code review mailing list, so that...

Binary reader speed comparison
I have a fairly simple binary reader proc that exhibits massive speed differences between Tcl 8.5.8 and Tcl8.6b1.1. Here's the proc: proc readFormatted {filename} { set fd [ open $filename r ] fconfigure $fd -encoding binary -translation binary binary scan [ read $fd 2 ] cc type nextlen if {$type != 75} { return -error "File is not in the expected format" } while {![append buffer [read $fd $nextlen] ; eof $fd]} { binary scan [read $fd 2] cc lastlen nextlen # convert to unsigned value set nextlen ...

Install tcl 8.4 error, Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories
I build tcl 8.4.10 on Solaris 8, compile ok, but get error when running "make test" I run: configure --prefix=/users/xucai --exec-prefix=/users/xucai --enable-shared --enable-gcc //ok make //ok make test // this step failed. and get following error: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH; \ TCL_LIBRARY="/users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library"; export TCL_LIBRARY; \ ../tcltest ./../tests/all.tcl application-specific initialization failed: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: /users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library /users/xucai/lib/tcl8.4 /users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library /users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/tcl8.4 /users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/lib/tcl8.4 /users/xucai/src/lib/tcl8.4 /users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library /users/xucai/src/library /users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library /users/xucai/tcl8.4.10/library /users/xucai/lib/tcl8.4 /users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library/init.tcl: can't read "::auto_path": no such variable can't read "::auto_path": no such variable while executing "lsearch -exact $::auto_path $Dir" what does it mean ? who can help ? thx. Jeff.c wrote: > I build tcl 8.4.10 on Solaris 8, compile ok, but get error when running... Q) Why are you choosing to build from source, when ActiveState offers pre-built ActiveTcl binaries for Solaris as a free download? <URL: http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActiveTcl/ > Q) If you insist on...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

TCL is not thread safer in TCL 8.3 or 8.4... Any plans to fix this?
It is a shame that I can't upgrade one of my applications due to this problem, though the memory leaks also intorduced in 8.3 and 8.4 are problem as well. :( I have a process that spawn a configurable number of thread with a TCL intrepeter in each one. The interps are isolated and do not communicate or share anything withe each other. Each thread is a rule processor that is handed TCL scripts based on what events occurs within a multi process enviroment rnaing across the whole itnerprize... Works great with TCL 8.2, not a single problem... But with TCL 8.3 and TCL 8.4 we get quite a few run time errors and/or data corruption and core dumps that all leads back to TCL. :( Quite a shame! cwhooks@landacorp.com wrote: > It is a shame that I can't upgrade one of my applications due to this > problem, though the memory leaks also intorduced in 8.3 and 8.4 are > problem as well. :( What are the bug report ID numbers of the issues giving you trouble? -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| Don Porter <dgp@email.nist.gov> wrote: > cwhooks@landacorp.com wrote: >> It is a shame that I can't upgrade one of my applications due to this >> problem, though the memory leaks also intorduced ...

Bug789040 came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5.
Dear All, Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Chengye Mao http://www.geocities.com/~chengye Chengye Mao wrote: > Bug 789040 caused exec error in Windows 9x and was fixed in 10/04/03. > But it came back in Tcl 8.4.6 and Tcl 8.5. Tcl Windows 9x users > should be alerted to the possible failure of exec in the current Tcl > 8.4.6 and 8.5 releases due to this bug. Have you i...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

What's wrong with "fconfigure stdout -encoding utf-8" on windows in Tcl 8.5.10
With my built 8.5.10 I tried to issue command "fconfigure stdout - encoding utf-8" to tclsh on WinXP, the tcl prompt then was shown as two dots instead of percentage sign, C:\>tclsh85t.exe % fconfigure stdout -encoding utf-8 =E2=80=A5date The current date is: 11/29/2011 Tue Enter the new date: (mm-dd-yy) time The system cannot accept the date entered. Enter the new date: (mm-dd-yy) =E2=80=A5 =E2=80=A5 So wonder what's wrong with fconfigure on stdout? Is that the issue? On Nov 29, 7:46=C2=A0am, "wrena...@gmail.com" <wrena...@gmail.com> wrote: > With my built 8.5.10 I tried to issue command "fconfigure stdout - > encoding utf-8" to tclsh on WinXP, the tcl prompt then was shown as > two dots instead of percentage sign, > > C:\>tclsh85t.exe > % fconfigure stdout -encoding utf-8 > =E2=80=A5date > The current date is: 11/29/2011 Tue > Enter the new date: (mm-dd-yy) time > The system cannot accept the date entered. > Enter the new date: (mm-dd-yy) > =E2=80=A5 > =E2=80=A5 > > So wonder what's wrong with fconfigure on stdout? Is that the issue? Short answer: Yes. Longer answer: The encoding in Windows is not UTF-8 but one of cp.... flavors. Question: what did you expect that to do? Mark On 29/11/2011 06:59, Mark Janssen wrote: > Short answer: Yes. > Longer answer: The encoding in Windows is not UTF-8 but one of cp.... > flavors. Also, the code that writes to the (genuine) ...

tcl's equivalence to Perl's pack function
Hi, Does anyone know is there any tcl's equivalence to Perl's pack function? Or how could I use the perl code in tcl? Thanks in advance JL Jay eL wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know is there any tcl's equivalence to Perl's pack function? If i remember correct you could achieve the effects with binary format. > Or how could I use the perl code in tcl? If your so desperate you can use tclperl, an perl interpreter as a tclextension. http://mini.net/tcl/2391 http://mini.net/tcl/2141 Michael Michael Schlenker wrote: > > Jay eL wrote: > > Hi, > >...

'lrange' differences in tcl 8.4 and 8.6
Hi, lrange works differently in tcl versions 8.4 and 8.6, if the output has only #. % info patch 8.4.13 % % set test {a "#"} a "#" % set testme [lrange $test 1 end] # % info patch 8.6.1 % set test2 {a "#"} a "#" % set testme [lrange $test2 1 end] {#} Is this an intentional change ? Most of our regression scripts are failing after upgrade to 8.6.1, as the regular expressions don't match, as lrange was earlier returning #, but after upgrade {#} Regards, Lucky Lucky Y <ylucki@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, >...

Tcl SOAP
OK - Believe it or not, I have a "requirement" to use SOAP! The last time I worked with this, it did not work at all. So the following quesitons come to mind: Has it improved any - and it is working on Tcl 8.4.1 or later? Anyone using it for connecting to Web Services? Anyone using it to provide Web Services? I will immediately need to connect to a Web Service using SOAP (this is the "only" option), and then later provide Web Services via Apache (1.3 likely, but will migrate to 2.0x if necessary). Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcomed! Dave In article <e45f1db4.0405281105.8d1b86e@posting.google.com>, Dave Bigelow <davidhbigelow@simplifiedlogic.com> wrote: >OK - > >Believe it or not, I have a "requirement" to use SOAP! > >The last time I worked with this, it did not work at all. So the >following quesitons come to mind: > >Has it improved any - and it is working on Tcl 8.4.1 or later? >Anyone using it for connecting to Web Services? >Anyone using it to provide Web Services? > >I will immediately need to connect to a Web Service using SOAP (this >is the "only" option), and then later provide Web Services via Apache >(1.3 likely, but will migrate to 2.0x if necessary). > >Any guidance or suggestions would be most welcomed! > >Dave Short answer: yes. What does "immediately" mean to you? What platforms interest you? I'm working with t...

Can't find a usable init.tcl ... Tcl wasn't installed correctly
I built a toy tcl/tk program with an embedded interpreter. It works as expected under Linux. When I run the program from the Windows XP command prompt, initialization of the embedded interpreter fails, returning a message like: ----------------------------------------------------------- Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed correctly. ----------------------------------------------------------- I tried again after executing SET TCL_LIBRARY=C:\Tcl\Lib\tcl8.4 from the command prompt, and the Tcl_Init call succeeded. Have I actually installed Tcl incorrectly? I just accepted all the default settings rather dumbly during installation. Will I have to set TCL_LIBRARY like this each time I want to run such a program? In article <0d_Of.1893$kg.1014@news02.roc.ny>, Patrick wrote: > I built a toy tcl/tk program with an embedded interpreter. It works as > expected under Linux. > > When I run the program from the Windows XP command prompt, > initialization of the embedded interpreter fails, returning a message like: > > ----------------------------------------------------------- > Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: What was here? Was there a long list of directories that you trimmed away when posting? If not something is very very weird. If so, then you trimmed exactly the part that might allow me to help you. > This probably m...

Q: auto_path extension by tcllib's/tklib's pkgIndex.tcl
Hi, I've seen that tcllib's and tklib's installer scripts generate a pkgIndex.tcl file on their installation directory. One of the first commands in that pkgIndex.tcl file is to add this directory to the auto_path variable - and that looks completely superfluous to me, at least with default installation paths: 1. the installation directory with that pkgIndex.tcl file does not include any tclIndex file, so tcl_unknown cannot benefit from extending auto_path with that installation directory. 2. when this pkgIndex.tcl gets sourced (by tclPkgUnknown, the first time a "package require <Pkg>" command for an unknown package is given), obviously auto_path already leads to this installation directory, so adding it explicitly doesn't bring anything new. I.e. if tcllib/tklib are found, all subpackages contained therein will also be found (as each of them has its own pkgIndex.tcl at a lower level subdirectory). I know that adding (innocent) directories to auto_path doesn't harm - except maybe in terms of performance. But if one wants to keep auto_path as lean and clean as possible, these additions should be removed - or am I missing something? Thanks, Erik Allaert European Southern Observatory, Munich Erik Allaert wrote: > Hi, > > I've seen that tcllib's and tklib's installer scripts generate a > pkgIndex.tcl file on their installation directory. One of the first > commands in that pkgIn...

Tcl 8.6 unexpected 'file exists'
I have a proc which takes a full path argument for a file. (one of the items returned from a glob) roughly: proc handlefile {path} { #puts stdout [file normalize $path] set fsize [file size $path] #...etc } Strangely... a particular file has problems with the above. The 'file size' call returns: could not read "/usr/local/xxx/www/yyy/Newsletter/050609/~ $sueme220509.htm" no such file or directory The 'file normalize' output is "/usr/local/virtual1/hosting/base/yy/ yyy/yyy/www/Newsletter/050609/~$sueme220509.htm" Both these paths are valid, and equivalent due to some soft symlinking - and both work just fine in an interactive tclsh with 'file size' returning a size and 'file exists' returning 1. The heisenbuggish thing is - that the mere act of using puts to display the normalized path (without actually using the normalized value anywhere); causes the problem to disappear. i.e uncommenting the 2nd line in the proc above causes file size to work as expected. I'm assuming this is a bug - but at this stage I don't know if the ~ or $ characters are relevant or if it just happened to occur on this strangely named file for some other reason. This problem occurs on FreeBSD with a Tcl 8.5.b1 checked out in january - and also with 8.6b1.1 from 2009-06-14 The bug doesn't occur when I use an 8.5a4 tclkit I'll report a bug for it if it turns out to be a new one - but I just thought I'd throw ...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

Web resources about - Dr. Dobb's Tcl-URL! - weekly Tcl news and links (Aug 8) - comp.lang.tcl