dragging a file onto a tcl script...

Hi!
I'd like to create a tcl script (on windows) that sits on the
desktop and when I drag another file on to the feather icon
I want that script to get started with the filename as parameter.

Is something like this possible?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

"Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer@ieee.org> wrote

> I'd like to create a tcl script (on windows) that sits
> on the desktop and when I drag another file on to
> the feather icon I want that script to get started with
> the filename as parameter.
>
> Is something like this possible?

You bet!

Windows will fire up an application and pass the dropped file as argv[0]
when the desktop icon is either an application or a shortcut to an
application (.exe).  So just starpack-ize your Tcl script, and grab the name
of the dropped file from [lindex $argv 0].

Bob
--
Bob Techentin                   techentin.robert@NOSPAMmayo.edu
Mayo Foundation                                 (507) 538-5495

Bob Techentin wrote:
> "Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer@ieee.org> wrote
>
>>I'd like to create a tcl script (on windows) that sits
>>on the desktop and when I drag another file on to
>>the feather icon I want that script to get started with
>>the filename as parameter.
>>
>>Is something like this possible?
>

> You bet!
>
> Windows will fire up an application and pass the dropped file as argv[0]
> when the desktop icon is either an application or a shortcut to an
> application (.exe).  So just starpack-ize your Tcl script, and grab the name
> of the dropped file from [lindex $argv 0].
>
> Bob
Thanks a lot!
Volker
Volker Hetzer wrote on 7/20/2005 3:36 AM:
> Bob Techentin wrote:
>> "Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer@ieee.org> wrote
>>
>>>I'd like to create a tcl script (on windows) that sits
>>>on the desktop and when I drag another file on to
>>>the feather icon I want that script to get started with
>>>the filename as parameter.
>>>
>> Windows will fire up an application and pass the dropped file as argv[0]
>> when the desktop icon is either an application or a shortcut to an
>> application (.exe).  So just starpack-ize your Tcl script, and grab the name
>> of the dropped file from [lindex $argv 0].

I usually wrap my tcl scripts in a bat script:

  "c:\path\to\tclsh" "c:\path\to\script" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8

There will be a flicker from the cmd window, though, but it's
quick to make. From a cmd window, run "cmd /?" and "start /?"
to see some flags that can be used, like "start /min" to make the
window minimized.

WL

--
real mail: wliao at sdf loSnPesAtarM org
(remove the uppercase letters...)
WL wrote:
> Volker Hetzer wrote on 7/20/2005 3:36 AM:
>
>>Bob Techentin wrote:
>>
>>>"Volker Hetzer" <volker.hetzer@ieee.org> wrote

>>>Windows will fire up an application and pass the dropped file as argv[0]
>>>when the desktop icon is either an application or a shortcut to an
>>>application (.exe).  So just starpack-ize your Tcl script, and grab the name
>>>of the dropped file from [lindex $argv 0].
>

> I usually wrap my tcl scripts in a bat script:
>
>   "c:\path\to\tclsh" "c:\path\to\script" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8
>
> There will be a flicker from the cmd window, though, but it's
> quick to make. From a cmd window, run "cmd /?" and "start /?"
> to see some flags that can be used, like "start /min" to make the
> window minimized.
Thanks, but I got that starpack stuff already working and in my
makefile, so I think I'll stick with that.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

Dose there any tcl script to translate an file with embedded tcl
Hi I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate these files Ex . ============================== Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ================================= Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded tcl script into a new file For example this is a source file ======================== Start * set i 0 * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { * puts input a [$i] wire * } End ========================== After Translate ======================= Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ======================= Gogo12 wrote: > > Hi > I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate > these files > Ex . > ============================== > Start > input a [0] wire > input a [1] wire > . > . > . > . > input a [1000] wire > End > ================================= > > Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded > tcl script into a new file > For example > > this is a source file > ======================== > Start > * set i 0 > * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { > * puts input a [$i] wire > * } > End > ========================== > > After Translate > ======================= > Start > input a [0] wire > input a [1] wire > . > . > . > . > input a [1000] wire > ...

Sourcing a TCL file from within a tcl file
I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source another tcl file when I type the variable name something like this if I enter A through my keyboard then source a.tcl Can someone show me how to do this thanks guy On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > something like this > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > Can someone show me how to do this > > thanks > guy What you are asking is not hard. Will your program have a graphical user interface? Aric On Dec 10, 3:26=A0pm, Aric Bills <aric.bi...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > > something like this > > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > > Can someone show me how to do this > > > thanks > > guy > > What you are asking is not hard. =A0Will your program have a graphical > user interface? > > Aric no I am just using this script...

Does anyone have a Tcl Script which does a Multi Part File Upload to web site ( TCL CGI )
Hello all, I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... Any help is appreciated, Thank you for the help, Sean - HeliHobby.com Sean wrote: > Hello all, > > I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server > which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... > > Any help is appreciated, > > Thank you for the help, > > Sean - HeliHobby.com I use ncgi for ths (from tcllib). It rocks! high quality code that never fails. For instance the file upload of wiki.hping.org is implemented in this way. Ciao, antirez ...

drag/drop file-icon on tcl-script? on windows
I'm on windows. I have a few tcl scripts where I'd like to drag a file onto the programs Icon, or it's shortcut, and be able to use it like I do with most other programs. If I look in procexp.exe it tells me thecommand line for these droppable programs is: program.exe drop-file-name-here-full-path Is there a way to get the tcl program to launch and have argv(1..n) be the dropped file names? Sure beats drilling down 5 levels in a file dialog if you can simply reach the file with your mouse. One little app in particular is one to convert .gifs to tcl code in a file of the same name, with a different extension, like .tcl. Another is one that would put the file name into the clipboard so I could paste it into a tcl console window. Any ideas? Eric Taylor wrote: > I'm on windows. I have a few tcl scripts where I'd like to > drag a file onto the programs Icon, or it's shortcut, and > be able to use it like I do with most other programs. > > If I look in procexp.exe it tells me thecommand line > for these droppable programs is: > > program.exe drop-file-name-here-full-path > > Is there a way to get the tcl program to launch and have argv(1..n) be > the dropped file names? Sure beats drilling down 5 levels in a file > dialog if you can simply reach the file with your mouse. > > One little app in particular is one to convert .gifs to tcl code in a > file of the same name, with a different extension, like ...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script? #2
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? You're probably looking for the "source" command. Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The command "load" is for binary shared libraries. -- Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best." Thanks Darren. But what my need is that I am writing a tcl script which is going to take any tcl script as input and should return the output of the file. How can I do that? Regards, Prabu Darren New wrote: > prabu wrote: > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > You're probably looking for the "source" command. > > Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The > command "load" is for binary shared libraries. > > -- > Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) > Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, > and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best." On 17 Dec 2006 21:16:16 -0800, "prabu" <catchme.prabu@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks Dar...

Is there a way to sound a bell in a tcl script when running a script over a telnet onto a linux console ?
I know that Tcl has the windows command bell. However I use a ssh / telnet application which runs a script on a remote linux server. Is there a way to sound a bell or sound which will transfer through the telnet session and sound a beep on my windows desktop ( were I am telneting from ? ) ??? Thank you for the help, Sean. born2net@sbcglobal.net wrote: > I know that Tcl has the windows command bell. > However I use a ssh / telnet application which runs a script on a remote > linux server. > > Is there a way to sound a bell or sound which will transfer through the > telnet session and sound a beep on my windows desktop ( were I am telneting > from ? ) ??? > > Thank you for the help, > > Sean. > > puts "\a" Perfect ... Exactly what I needed ... Regards, Sean - www.HeliHobby.com "Gerald W. Lester" <Gerald.Lester@cox.net> wrote in message news:yevSd.14$Ec2.1@lakeread02... > born2net@sbcglobal.net wrote: >> I know that Tcl has the windows command bell. >> However I use a ssh / telnet application which runs a script on a remote >> linux server. >> >> Is there a way to sound a bell or sound which will transfer through the >> telnet session and sound a beep on my windows desktop ( were I am >> telneting from ? ) ??? >> >> Thank you for the help, >> >> Sean. >> >> > puts "\a" ...

end-of-file in Tcl script?
In perl, an __END__ or __DATA__ causes the interpreter stop processing the script. And I'm used to putting all kinds of notes after the __END__ --without having to make them into comments. I understand that Tcl stops processing a script if it encounters a control-z ( \u001a ) character, but I can't figure out how to insert one via a text editor. Every way I've tried gets an "Invalid command name" error. So, is there any way to emulate perl's __END__ in Tcl? ~greg In article <2b5af3d2-f5ee-4d3f-a50f-76210202de26@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Jeff Hobbs wrote: > On Mar 5, 12:19 pm, "~greg" <g...@remove-comcast.net> wrote: >> In perl, an __END__ or __DATA__ causes >> the interpreter stop processing the script. >> And I'm used to putting all kinds of notes after the __END__ >> --without having to make them into comments. >> >> I understand that Tcl stops processing a script if >> it encounters a control-z ( \u001a ) character, >> but I can't figure out how to insert one via a text editor. >> Every way I've tried gets an "Invalid command name" error. > > This is really a text editor question. In emacs, ^q^z will insert the > ^z (^q will add whatever the next "special" char might be as a actual > char in the data). > > Jeff In vi use ^v^z. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ~greg wr...

tcl script to upload files
I am searching for a script in tcl that i cam use to upload files on a server. Please if any one has sth to say or give me, contact at : nemesis345crew@gmail.com. Your help will be great! ThankX!!!!! http://wiki.tcl.tk/15002 http://tcllib.sourceforge.net/doc/ftp.html HTH, Robert ...

How to write output of a tcl script to a file?
Hi All I am a newbie in Tcl. And when it comes to file I/O, I get extremely confused. I am trying out below example from Tcl tutorial (Link ---> http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/Tcl25.html ) # # Report all the files and subdirectories in the current directory # For files: show the size # For directories: show that they _are_ directories # set dirs [glob -nocomplain -type d *] if { $dirs != {} } { puts "Directories: foreach d [lsort $dirs] { puts " $d" } } else { puts "(no subdirectories)" } set files [glob -nocomplain -type f *] if { $files != {} } { puts "Files: foreach f [lsort $files] { puts " [file size $f] - $f" } } else { puts "(no files)" } ################################ I want to write the output of this script directly to the new file. help me with that. And if anyone can provide a good tutorial with lots of examples about File I/O in Tcl, that'd be best. thanks in advance. On 13 nov, 08:23, kj <kinjaldesai200...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All > > I am a newbie in Tcl. And when it comes to file I/O, I get extremely > confused. > I am trying out below example from Tcl tutorial > (Link --->http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/Tcl25.html) > > # > # Report all the files and subdirectories in the current directory > # For files: show the size > # For directories: show that they _are_ directories > # > >...

executing an exe file from tcl script
hi does anybody knows how i can execute an exe file from a tcl script? what is the command needed for that? yoav On Oct 23, 5:58 pm, yoavbena...@gmail.com wrote: > hi > does anybody knows how i can execute an exe file from a tcl script? > what is the command needed for that? > yoav An "exec <your_command_name>" should resolve your issue. For more info about exec you can visit its man page. ...

Calling a configuration file into a tcl script
hi all, How can i call a configuration file into a tcl script. I have Active tcl 8.4 installed on my Win XP laptop. I have a tcl script that telnets into a target and installs a software. I want to have a seperate configuration file that can be given to users to populate the configuration values as below #! /bin/sh set target_ip 192.168.10.1 set current_login admin set current_pwd secret .. .. .. I need to use these values in another tcl script. Is there a way by which i can call the above configuration file into my main script. Something identical to an #include <file.h> in C for my tcl script. thanks, ram On 29 okt, 07:54, lavichand...@gmail.com wrote: > hi all, > How can i call a configuration file into a tcl script. I have > Active tcl 8.4 installed on my Win XP laptop. I have a tcl script that > telnets into a target and installs a software. I want to have a > seperate configuration file that can be given to users to populate the > configuration values as below > > #! /bin/sh > set target_ip 192.168.10.1 > set current_login admin > set current_pwd secret > . > . > . > > I need to use these values in another tcl script. Is there a way by > which i can call the above configuration file into my main script. > Something identical to an #include <file.h> in C for my tcl script. > > thanks, > ram Look up the source command: You put your settings as Tcl commands in an external file and...

tcl-inotify: File & directory level notifications for Tcl. (extension)
This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-inotify. Tcl-inotify is a Tcl interface to the linux kernel's inotify* service. It provides a Tcl package that enables Tcl scripts to monitor the file system changes at a file and directory level. A large number of file/directory actions can be monitored. A proc is executed asynchronously to notify for changes. * inotify is a Linux kernel subsystem that provides file system event notifications. It was written by John McCutchan with help from Robert Love and later Amy Griffis to replace dnotify. It was included in the mainline kernel starting from release 2.6.13, and could be compiled into 2.6.12 and possibly earlier releases by use of a patch. Its function is essentially an extension to filesystems to notice changes to the filesystem, and report those changes to applications. Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-inotify/ Man page: http://tcl-inotify.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis alsterg ...

TCL C API: receiving command from a script or from tcl command line ?
Hello, TCL allows to run commands from commandl line or from within a script file thanks to the command "source filename". I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my own commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script or directly from the shell ? Thanks, Fabrice Hi Fabrice, "fabrice" writes: > I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my > own commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script > or directly from the shell ? You can look at the variable tcl_interactive to distinguish the two modes. Note: It usually seems not a good idea to change the behaviour of your functions between use in a program (production mode) and interactive use (usually for experimentation and debugging). It's confusing for the users and it may make it difficult or impossible to reproduce some kinds of problems interactively. If you want to add more debug output in interactive mode, you can always add additional commands and flags for that purpose. benny fabrice wrote: > Hello, > > TCL allows to run commands from commandl line or from within a script > file thanks to the command "source filename". > > I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my own > commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script or > directly from the shell ? You could look at how the 'tcl_interactive' variable is set up and u...

tcl hangs on exit for multiple open calls from within same tcl script
Hi, I am looking to run a couple of processes in parallel. But a strange hang = occurs randomly. I am invoking two tcl commands using open in parallel. Now= after a while one of the process would just hang indefinitely which I am n= ot able to understand why. The issue is easily reproducible on win 2008 ser= ver and other multi core machines. Am I doing something wrongly? What is th= e best way to do this? To reproduce, you just have to create the files and run loop.bat. You shoul= d see the hang within 15-20 minutes. Following are the files I am using=20 ******** loop.bat ****** @echo off :loop tclsh 1.tcl goto loop ***************** Contents of file 1.tcl ***************** #!/bin/sh #DO NOT CHANGE THOSE 3 FIRST LINES \ exec tclsh $0 "$@" set status [catch { exec tclsh 2.tcl } outcmd] puts $outcmd exit 0 ******* Contents of file 2.tcl ***** #!/bin/sh #DO NOT CHANGE THOSE 3 FIRST LINES \ exec tclsh $0 "$@" set cmd1 "tclsh 6.tcl &" set cmd2 "tclsh 5.tcl &" set out1 "" set out2 "" proc isProcessDone { channel logText } { gets $channel currentline while {[eof $channel] =3D=3D 0} { set logText "$logText\n $currentline" gets $channel currentline } return $logText } puts "hi" set imChannel1 [open "| $cmd1"] puts "hi1 $imChannel1" set imChannel2 [open "| $cmd2"] puts...

Why can execution results in tcl shell differ than if using tcl script??
Hi, I have been posting a thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different results!!! Why did this happens?? Thanks, Ahmad Ahmad wrote: > Hi, > > I have been posting a thread here: > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# > > I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of > tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in > tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. > > Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different > results!!! Why did this happens?? > > Thanks, > Ahmad The interactive Tcl shell has access to external functionality that a running script doesn't. That's done to make the interactive environment easier to work with. What, specifically, is the command sequence you're issuing in both cases? Jeff Hi Jeff, Thank you for your reply. I've a tcl script that finally creates a certain script, that is when I run from shell using "calibredrv -gui <certainRunScript>" from command line it do exactly what I expect. I have tried two scenarios of trials, and only one of...

Tcl file from .txt file
Hi, I have a excel file. I need to change the excel file in to tcl file. I did = change the excel file in to txt file. but unable to change the txt file in = to tcl file. let me know any idea to change the txt file in to tcl file or = directly from the excel file in to tcl file.=20 your help is much more appreciated. thank you. On 11/14/14, 1:30 PM, yenilsuwal@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a excel file. I need to change the excel file in to tcl file. I did change the excel file in to txt file. but unable to change the txt file in to tcl file. let me know any idea to c...

Komodo: Accessing widgets in the auto generated _ui.tcl from the associated .tcl file
I am using Komodo. I created a text widget and want to insert some text into it. The below is my ui.tcl file (ie. Dialog_ui.tcl). In my Dialog.tcl file I want to have access to the $base._text_log widget, so I can insert text into it. For eg. I've tried: ::Dialog::._text_log insert end "hello world!" And other variations, but have not succeeded. This seems to be something trivial, but I can't seem to figure it out. I also tried to get to the BASE variable, but was also unsuccessful. I guess my understanding of namespaces isn't correct. Is it even possible? Help is very very much appreciated. Thank you! # Below is the gui code in Dialog_ui.tcl # Declare the namespace for this dialog namespace eval Dialog {} package require Tk # Dialog::ui -- # # Create the UI for this dialog. # # ARGS: # root the parent window for this form # args a catch-all for other args, but none are expected # proc Dialog::ui {root args} { # this handles '.' as a special case set base [expr {($root == ".") ? "" : $root}] variable ROOT $root variable BASE $base # Widget Initialization text $base._text_log \ -height 0 \ -width 0 \ -xscrollcommand [namespace code [list _text_log_xscrollcommand]] \ -yscrollcommand [namespace code [list _text_log_yscrollcommand]] # Geometry Management grid $base._text_log -in $root -row 1 -column 1 \ -columnspan 1 \ -ipadx 0 \ -ip...

TCL/PHP/XML problem: I need to convert an XML file into a TCL list
My TCL proc, XML_GET_ALL_ELEMENT_ATTRS, is supposed to convert an XML file into a TCL list as follows: attr1 {val1} attr2 {val2} ... attrN {valN} This is the TCL code that does this: [TCL] set contents [read $fileID [file size ${fileName}.xml]]; close $fileID if {![string equal $switch -body]} { # ONLY DO THIS IF THE XML CONTENTS CONTAIN NO BODY - WILL UPGRADE AT A LATER DATE 11/24/2006 - PHIL global serverName if {![info exists serverName]} { global env source ./cgi_globals.tcl global serverName } if {[string length [info procs {URL_ENCODE}]] == 0} { source...

Web resources about - dragging a file onto a tcl script... - comp.lang.tcl

Frame-dragging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Frame-dragging is an effect on spacetime , predicted by Einstein 's general theory of relativity , that is due to non-static stationary distributions ...

Toilet Paper Dragging on the App Store on iTunes
Get Toilet Paper Dragging on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Whiplash Movie CLIP - Rushing or Dragging (2014) - Miles Teller, JK Simmons Movie HD - YouTube
Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6h Subscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUn Subscribe to INDIE TRAILERS: http://goo.gl/iPUuo Like ...

Queensland warned for dragging heels on royal succession changes
The Gillard government is preparing to override Queensland's attempt to change British royal succession laws if the state does not fall into ...

Harper competition review dragging taxis, shopping hours into 21st century
Governments have often been stuck in a time warp when Australian consumers are increasingly embracing new technology.

Australia dragging chain on G20's global tax crackdown
Australia has been accused of delaying global action on tax evasion.

Why Sunni Arab States are dragging their feet
The Gulf states appear to be reluctant to deal with the massive threat in their own backyard.

Debt load is dragging us down, warns Don Argus
CORPORATE heavyweight Don Argus has warned a doubling of gross national debt to $3 trillion could trigger a long period of low growth and declared ...

ATV driver accused of striking, dragging 70-year-old man
An ATV driver faces a list of charges for allegedly hitting a 70-year-old man and dragging him across his property last month.

Liberals accuse MacKay of dragging Canada 'back to the 1950s'
Justice Minister Peter MacKay defended remarks he made in a speech to the Ontario Bar Association last week in which he reportedly said the reason ...