emulation of users activities for TCL/TK programm

Hello ALL,

Could you suggest us how to solve this task:

emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons,
menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform.
We've tryed to send API-messages

  like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L )

to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found
hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer.

Thank you in advance!

--
Best regards,
 Gleb               dispath [at] rambler [dot] ru

Hello Gleb,

>emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons,
>menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform.
>We've tryed to send API-messages
>
>  like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L )
>
>to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found
>hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer.
this looks really complicated and like much work. You should try out
the cwind package (http://mini.net/tcl/cwind). I used it to send key
strokes to another app but you can also send mouse clicks.
Good luck
Helmut Giese
0
hgiese (1076)
1/21/2005 11:58:27 AM
In article <41f0ed90.2952734@News.Individual.DE>,
Helmut Giese <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote:
>Hello Gleb,
>
>>emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons,
>>menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform.
>>We've tryed to send API-messages
>>
>>  like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L )
>>
>>to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found
>>hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer.
>this looks really complicated and like much work. You should try out
>the cwind package (http://mini.net/tcl/cwind). I used it to send key
>strokes to another app but you can also send mouse clicks.
			.
			.
			.
OR it's really simple.  Gleb, have you read up on Tk's
[send] <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/send >?  Some people
find this life-changing, in the way the printing press
or zippers are; some people say, "Ih, 'doesn't help me
at all."

Also of potential interest; are you aware of, for example,

  .my_button activate

?  Android <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/android >?

Maybe none of these meet your requirements; if so, explain,
and we'll likely come up with more ideas.
0
claird (2363)
1/21/2005 5:08:03 PM
In article <ucn7c2-geb.ln1@lairds.us>, I spewed:
			.
			.
			.
>Also of potential interest; are you aware of, for example,
>
>  .my_button activate
			.
			.
			.
  .my_button invoke

of course.  I doubt that the original poster is still reading,
and he left no e-mail address.  All I know to do is apologize
to anyone else my carelessness misled:  "activate" is simply
wrong.  I'm sorry.
0
claird (2363)

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don't know of newer ports. Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca ...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

tcl/tk unicode wie kann man formel/math. zeichen in tk unter tcl anzeigen lassen?
Hallo, ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen unabh�ngig? English summary for the rest of the world: sven.rega@gmx.de would like to use mathematical symbols like "mu" in Tk applications. He asks if Unicode is the solution and whether that works on all platforms. I assert that Unicode works since Tcl 8.1 and that UCN syntax like \u00B5 is the way to go with symbols hardcoded in Tcl scripts. I point him to "charmap.exe" (Windows), "Character Palette" (Mac OS X) or generically to <http://www.unicode.org> to find out the Unicode code points. ---------------- Hi, Versuch doch bitte beim n�chsten Mal auf Englisch zu fragen, sonst kann Dir nur ein Bruchteil der Leute hier folgen. sven.rega@gmx.de (xfan) writes: > ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und > vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch > mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit > welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? Ja, das funktioniert mit Unicode in Tcl seit Version 8.1. > funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen > unabh�ngig? Das ist die ...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

Introducing Tcl/Tk to a programmer
I have a programmer friend who recently asked me recommend a language for him to learn. He wants a utility language which he can use to write small tools and applications, preferably with a GUI and to run on Windows. "Sure," I said, "Perl! No - wait! Tcl!" I've been using Tcl for 10 years or more but I've never had to describe why it's so much better than Perl et al from a scripting point of view. (I can describe embedability, extensability, etc.) I kind of "know" the beauty of the language is it's dynamic nature, but how do you get that across to someone who is used to coding C++ for a living? I volunteered to go round to this guy's house and show him the light. I envision myself sitting in front of tkcon making buttons and things pop up. That'll take 5 minutes. Any suggestions where I take him next? -- The email address used to post is a spam pit. Contact me at http://www.derekfountain.org : <a href="http://www.derekfountain.org/">Derek Fountain</a> Derek Fountain wrote: > I have a programmer friend who recently asked me recommend a language for > him to learn. He wants a utility language which he can use to write small > tools and applications, preferably with a GUI and to run on Windows. > "Sure," I said, "Perl! No - wait! Tcl!" > > I've been using Tcl for 10 years or more but I've never had to describe why > it's so much better than Perl ...

active entries in TCL/Tk
I have some information which I wish to place in an entry. The entry I place it in will be the entry in which the user has placed his cursor. How do I find which entry that is? Mark Mark Tarver wrote: > I have some information which I wish to place in an entry. > The entry I place it in will be the entry in which the user > has placed his cursor. How do I find which entry that is? focus ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Tarver" <dr.mtarver@ukonline.co.uk> Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:32 AM Subject: active entries in TCL/Tk >I have some information which I wish to place in an entry. > The entry I place it in will be the entry in which the user > has placed his cursor. How do I find which entry that is? [focus] will return either the name of the window with the focus, or an empty string if no window in the current application has focus. Jeff But it is not the name of the window I want but the name of the entry within the window. There are several entries in this window. Mark Mark Tarver wrote: > But it is not the name of the window I want but > the name of the entry within the window. There > are several entries in this window. > > Mark > [focus] returns the name of a widget. An entry is a widget. The widget with the focus is the place where characters go if the user starts to type, and every application (perhaps what you think of as "window") can...

how to get tcl-httpd running on winxp with active tcl?
or websh or rivet frustrated rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore websh not work with windows so I guess tcl-httpd? I want to try some tcl web builnin''... help gavino schrieb: > or websh > or rivet > > frustrated > > rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore > websh not work with windows > so I guess tcl-httpd? > I want to try some tcl web builnin''... > Tclhttp or Wub are options..., or getting Tcl cgi running under IIS or any other webserver. What kind of things do you want to play with? Michael gavino wrote: > or websh > or rivet > > frustrated > > rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore > websh not work with windows > so I guess tcl-httpd? > I want to try some tcl web builnin''... > > help > http://wiki.tcl.tk/15722 The above leads you to a single file executable that is tclhttpd. I think it's impossible to make it any easier than that :-) -- Bryan Oakley http://www.tclscripting.com gavino wrote: > or websh > or rivet > > frustrated > > rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore > websh not work with windows > so I guess tcl-httpd? > I want to try some tcl web builnin''... If you have ActiveState Tcl installed, then unzip the tclhttpd 3.5.1 somewhere and double click on ...\tclhttpd3.5.1\bin\httpd.tcl If you have been attempting ...

Is Tcl/Tk Still Active?
Hi, Are these tools still actively developed? Where is the most recent source code? Any websites? Sorry for a newbie question, but I've been out of the game for a long, long time. -- David T. Ashley (dta@e3ft.com) http://www.e3ft.com (Consulting Home Page) http://www.dtashley.com (Personal Home Page) http://gpl.e3ft.com (GPL Publications and Projects) On Jan 9, 10:54=A0pm, "David T. Ashley" <d...@e3ft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Are these tools still actively developed? > > Where is the most recent source code? > > Any websites? > > Sorry for a newbie question, but I've been out of the game for a long, lon= g > time. > > -- > David T. Ashley =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(d...@e3ft.com)http://www.e3ft.= com=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(Consulting Home Page)http://www.dtashley.com=A0 =A0 = =A0(Personal Home Page)http://gpl.e3ft.com=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(GPL Publicatio= ns and Projects) http://www.tcl.tk/ http://wiki.tcl.tk/ Yes it is still very much under active development. 8.5 just came out as a matter of fact and Tk is getting a facelift as well. HTH and Happy Tcl'ing Robert On Jan 9, 10:54=A0pm, "David T. Ashley" <d...@e3ft.com> wrote: > Are these tools still actively developed? > > Where is the most recent source code? > > Any websites? > Take a peek at the last week or two's postings here on comp.lang.tcl. Lots of talk about Tcl/Tk 8.5...

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any response when I run the second command of its example---"% prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main -q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating system is winXP. I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl. Thank you very much I did not give up the solution of (http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second command(prolog::init) of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a window, said that Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly while executing "error "Prolog interpreter closed unexpect...

Experienced Tcl/Tk Programmer Required
Must reside in or around the Atlanta area. Contact for more details. Contact Information: Dr Alex Van der Velden Engineering Director velden@engineous.com Please do not reply to this email! ...

ANNOUNCE: ADB and ADBSQL pure-tcl database engine for Tcl/Tk
Dear All, I'm happy to announce today the first release of adb/adbsql. ADB together with the MySQL database connectivity module adbsql are a Tcl/Tk package useful for Tcl/Tk programmers that want to store their data in a database-kind of way with tables and fields. Two (optional) features of ADB that may make it worthwhile for you: * Writing the database as XML output and later of course the ability to read it. * Connecting directly to a MySQL database. The fun part of ADB is that you can either use it as a full pure tcl library, or you can use these advanced features that require additional packages. Both modules are released under open source LGPL or BSD licenses (your pick) More information: http://wiki.tcl.tk/6319 - Tcl/Tk wiki page on ADB http://sourceforge.net/projects/adbsql/ - Sourceforge page (including download area) http://adbsql.sourceforge.net/adb.html - Manual page of ADB http://adbsql.sourceforge.net/adbsql.html - Manual page of ADBSQL Kind regards, Roalt Aalmoes ...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates expires on October 20. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows University of Manchester Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle ...

Tcl/Tk for programmers (J Adrian Zimmer)
Could anybody provide me with 23 and 24th parts of that book, I'll be very greatfull. As far as I am aware, the author has never legally released the book electronically. So until he does, any traffic on this newsgroup related to electronic copies would be inappropriate. I understand. It's not available in any internet book shop that are known to me in my country. And i haven't seen it in paper too in my town. Thank you. Sorry for openning such illegal theme:) You could, of course, contact the author, describe your situation, and see if he would be willing to make some sort of arrangements with you. ...

Tcl/Tk Scripting Programmer Required for NewViews
I am a semi-retired business consultant. Over the last 20 years I have written and supported many procedures for the accounting program "NewViews" by Q.W. Page in Toronto. The original NewViews was a single-user, DOS based application and incorporated its own interpretative procedure language which is very similar to BASIC. The new version is a multi-user, platform independent application and no longer supports the original NewViews Procedure Language. It uses Tcl/Tk scripting. My clients are anxious to upgrade to the new program. All the procedures I have written will need to be re-written in Tcl/Tk. I have no experience in scripting languages and I don't have the time or the inclination to learn. I am looking for someone who is fluent in Tcl/Tk who is willing to work with me to rewrite these applications. I am looking for someone in the Lower Mainland area of BC Canada who is willing to do piece work on this project. Fees are negotiable and they will be generous. This is a NOW project - the sooner the better. Some experience with accounting applications would help but would not be necessary. BTW, once the switch to the new program is complete, all of these clients will need ongoing support and I will want the new programmer to take on this work so that I can completely retire. Best wishes Terry Tried to respond off the list but the email address above doesn't work. If you can't locate someone from lower mainland BC, ...

Looking for a Programmers Guide for Tcl Tk Libraries

7th European Tcl/Tk users Meeting
Hello ! This is the first announcement for the 7th European Tcl/Tk Users Meeting. This meeting will take place in Strasbourg, France. June 6-7 2008. This post is also a call for contributions. Titles and Abstracts of presentations can be posted on the conference web site: http://www.eurotcl.org (opening soon) More details to come soon !! --------------------------------------------------------- Hello Luc, That's good news. I will try to attend. Paul Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > > This is the first announcement for the 7th European Tcl/Tk Users > Meeting. > > This meeting will take place in Strasbourg, France. June 6-7 2008. > > This post is also a call for contributions. Titles and Abstracts of > presentations can be posted on the conference web site: > > http://www.eurotcl.org (opening soon) > > More details to come soon !! > > --------------------------------------------------------- > > Sounds very good. I'll try to attend too. Will the conference be held in english, french or mixed/translated? (I would be fine with english or multi-lingual, french only might be a bit hard to follow with my close to nonexisting french, but still interesting). Michael I guess English won't be a problem and should be the easiest way of linking all...since we are Scientists dealing with that everyday... the only problem would be if you want to get some beers... but that sentence I cou...

Web resources about - emulation of users activities for TCL/TK programm - comp.lang.tcl

Special Activities Division - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As such, members of the unit (called Paramilitary Operations Officers and Specialized Skills Officers) normally do not carry any objects or clothing ...

Facebook Teams Up With Save.org To Study Suicide Victims’ Activities Prior To Deaths
Facebook continued its efforts on the suicide-prevention front by teaming up with Save.org (Suicide Awareness Voices of Education) to study suicide ...

Pakistan to hold series of activities to celebrate Chinese New Year
Pakistan to hold series of activities to celebrate Chinese New Year

Maryland groups expect big turnout at Martin Luther King Jr. Day service activities
On the eve of President Barack Obama 's first inauguration &amp;mdash; Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2009 &amp;mdash; he asked Americans to honor ...

National Bank Of Abu Dhabi Commits $10 Billion To Environmental Activities
... Abu Dhabi has announced a commitment to “lend, invest, and facilitate” a total of $10 billion in financing to environmentally sustainable activities. ...

Tandem CEO Rola Bauer To Oversee All Studiocanal U.S. TV Activities
... , CEO/Partner of Studiocanal ’s Tandem Productions, is taking on oversight of all Studiocanal production and co-production television activities ...

10 Career Advancement Activities You Can Do Over Lunch
How much more are you really going to get done by squeezing in one more hour of work? Why not make investments into your relationships, knowledge, ...

US accusing Kigali of destabilising activities in Burundi
The US adds its voice to international concern that Rwanda is backing efforts to destabilise Burundi. Top diplomats say they've seen reports ...

Ham Radio Public Service Activities – Rewarding and Useful
... we have call signs. Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator (ARO), our more formal name, is not difficult and opens a world of interesting activities, ...

11 Activities To Do Before Bed That Aren't Checking Your Phone
Catching up on #TBTs and engagement announcements before hitting the hay can be entertaining, but it's time to ditch your social media life for ...