f



emulation of users activities for TCL/TK programm

Hello ALL,

Could you suggest us how to solve this task:

emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons,
menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform.
We've tryed to send API-messages

  like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L )

to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found
hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer.

Thank you in advance!

--
Best regards,
 Gleb               dispath [at] rambler [dot] ru
0
Gleb
1/22/2005 9:11:40 AM
comp.lang.tcl 23428 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

3 Replies
641 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

Hello Gleb,

>emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons,
>menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform.
>We've tryed to send API-messages
>
>  like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L )
>
>to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found
>hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer.
this looks really complicated and like much work. You should try out
the cwind package (http://mini.net/tcl/cwind). I used it to send key
strokes to another app but you can also send mouse clicks.
Good luck
Helmut Giese
0
hgiese (1076)
1/21/2005 11:58:27 AM
In article <41f0ed90.2952734@News.Individual.DE>,
Helmut Giese <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote:
>Hello Gleb,
>
>>emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons,
>>menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform.
>>We've tryed to send API-messages
>>
>>  like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L )
>>
>>to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found
>>hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer.
>this looks really complicated and like much work. You should try out
>the cwind package (http://mini.net/tcl/cwind). I used it to send key
>strokes to another app but you can also send mouse clicks.
			.
			.
			.
OR it's really simple.  Gleb, have you read up on Tk's 
[send] <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/send >?  Some people
find this life-changing, in the way the printing press
or zippers are; some people say, "Ih, 'doesn't help me
at all."

Also of potential interest; are you aware of, for example,

  .my_button activate

?  Android <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/android >?

Maybe none of these meet your requirements; if so, explain,
and we'll likely come up with more ideas.
0
claird (2363)
1/21/2005 5:08:03 PM
In article <ucn7c2-geb.ln1@lairds.us>, I spewed:
			.
			.
			.
>Also of potential interest; are you aware of, for example,
>
>  .my_button activate
			.
			.
			.
  .my_button invoke

of course.  I doubt that the original poster is still reading,
and he left no e-mail address.  All I know to do is apologize
to anyone else my carelessness misled:  "activate" is simply
wrong.  I'm sorry.
0
claird (2363)
1/30/2005 1:08:02 PM
Reply: