execute processes in parallel

Hi,

Is there anyway to execute 2 processes simultaneously in a tcl script,
so tat each one completes at more or less the same time, so that the
total execution time of the script is reduced, when we do it
sequentially.

I saw few references to fork, exec, and spawn, but not able to figure
out, how to get with them, any reference or example, will be more
helpful.

Thanks,
Nutty.

0
mp3nut (10)

mp3nut@gmail.com schreef:

> Hi,
>
> Is there anyway to execute 2 processes simultaneously in a tcl script,
> so tat each one completes at more or less the same time, so that the
> total execution time of the script is reduced, when we do it
> sequentially.
>
> I saw few references to fork, exec, and spawn, but not able to figure
> out, how to get with them, any reference or example, will be more
> helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Nutty.

Are you talking about separate processes in terms of what the computer
understands
as a process (run a browser and a word processor and a calender
application and ..) or
do you want two Tcl procedures that run simultaneously?

In the first case, these external processes can be started via [exec
command &] (or
[open "|command"] to get access to the in/output of the process via a
pipe mechanism).
The & makes sure the process is running in the background.

In the second case you are talking about threads. There is a Threads
package available
with a very nice API.

Whether you will be able to gain time, is a matter of your computer
having two or
more processors.

0
arjen.markus (2628)
10/26/2006 10:02:19 AM
> In the second case you are talking about threads. There is a Threads
> package available
> with a very nice API.

this is wat I was in need of..
Thanks ya...
jus chked out some thing reg thread class in tcl.
it sounds fine, one more query is will the thread class work in expect?
as am using expect for my scripts
I got some errors, over which am working on now. wil keep posted.
thanks for the response again :)

0
mp3nut (10)
10/26/2006 4:39:02 PM
mp3nut@gmail.com wrote:
>> In the second case you are talking about threads. There is a Threads
>> package available
>> with a very nice API.
>
> this is wat I was in need of..
> Thanks ya...
> jus chked out some thing reg thread class in tcl.
> it sounds fine, one more query is will the thread class work in expect?

yes

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester                                                       |
At 2006-10-26 04:13AM, "mp3nut@gmail.com" wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  Is there anyway to execute 2 processes simultaneously in a tcl script,
>  so tat each one completes at more or less the same time, so that the
>  total execution time of the script is reduced, when we do it
>  sequentially.

If you just need to launch these processes, and youj don't need to
interact with them at all, you only need exec and '&':

    # launch 2 processes into the background:
    set output1 [exec process1 &]
    set output2 [exec process2 &]

If you need to know about their return statuses, or you need to read the
stdout or stderr of those processes, more work is required.

--
Glenn Jackman
Ulterior Designer
> >  sequentially.If you just need to launch these processes, and youj don't need to
> interact with them at all, you only need exec and '&':

ya thats wat I want to do, jus they need to execute in parallel..
I don want to any interaction between those 2 processes.

>     # launch 2 processes into the background:
>     set output1 [exec process1 &]
>     set output2 [exec process2 &]

but how do I know these processes are completed, so tat I can proceed
further..?

> If you need to know about their return statuses, or you need to read the
> stdout or stderr of those processes, more work is required.

wil chk tat out too..

Regards,
Nutty

0
mp3nut (10)
10/26/2006 6:45:28 PM
> > it sounds fine, one more query is will the thread class work in expect?yes

trying it out, getting lot of errors even for a simple code, wil verify
once and post if I hav any queries.

Regards,
Nutty

0
mp3nut (10)
10/26/2006 6:49:15 PM
In article <1161888328.313671.199870@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
 <mp3nut@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >  sequentially.If you just need to launch these processes, and youj
>don't need to
>> interact with them at all, you only need exec and '&':
>
>ya thats wat I want to do, jus they need to execute in parallel..
>I don want to any interaction between those 2 processes.
>

>>     # launch 2 processes into the background:
>>     set output1 [exec process1 &]
>>     set output2 [exec process2 &]
>
>but how do I know these processes are completed, so tat I can proceed
>further..?
>

>> If you need to know about their return statuses, or you need to read the
>> stdout or stderr of those processes, more work is required.
>>

>wil chk tat out too..
			.
			.
			.
You've raised several points.  It sounds as though you're in
an Expect context, and perhaps you need to be.  If so, I
*strongly* urge you to find a copy of the Expect book <URL:
http://wiki.tcl.tk/105 >; you'll read there of ways to monitor
multiple (sub)processes simultaneously and reliably withOUT
use of threads.

There are, as it turns out, several different ways to program
detection of process completion, but none of them superior in
all circumstances.  Please describe your problem at a higher
level; perhaps we can then give you more accurate advice.
0
claird (2363)
10/27/2006 1:42:55 PM
In article <1161856939.534564.298270@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Arjen Markus <arjen.markus@wldelft.nl> wrote:

>mp3nut@gmail.com schreef:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there anyway to execute 2 processes simultaneously in a tcl script,
>> so tat each one completes at more or less the same time, so that the
>> total execution time of the script is reduced, when we do it
>> sequentially.
			.
			.
			.
>In the second case you are talking about threads. There is a Threads
>package available
>with a very nice API.
>
>Whether you will be able to gain time, is a matter of your computer
>having two or
>more processors.

Yes and no.  The "gaining time" part is more complicated even than this;
touches on some of the issues.

0
claird (2363)
10/27/2006 1:45:27 PM
At 2006-10-26 02:45PM, "mp3nut@gmail.com" wrote:

> > >  sequentially.If you just need to launch these processes, and youj don't need to
> > interact with them at all, you only need exec and '&':
>
>  ya thats wat I want to do, jus they need to execute in parallel..
>  I don want to any interaction between those 2 processes.
>

> >     # launch 2 processes into the background:
> >     set output1 [exec process1 &]
> >     set output2 [exec process2 &]
>
>  but how do I know these processes are completed, so tat I can proceed
>  further..?

Well, that's a form of interaction.  Launching a process into the
background is really for times when you truly don't care when it
finishes.

Nevertheless, my example was wrong in that the return value from
[exec ... &] is a list of pids, not output from the process.  So, here's
a quick and dirty (and untested) check for process completion.

    set pids [list]
    lappend pids [exec process1 &]
    lappend pids [exec process2 &]
    set start [clock seconds]
    while {[llength $pids] > 0} {
        after 5000 ;# pause for 5 seconds
        for {set i [expr {[llength $pids] -1}]} {$i >= 0} {incr i -1} {
            set pid [lindex $pids $i]
            set rc [catch {exec /usr/bin/ps -p $pid} output]
            if {$rc != 0} {
                # pid no longer running, remove from list
                set pids [lreplace $pids $i $i]
            }
        }
    }
    set duration [expr {[clock seconds] - $start}]
    puts "both processes are complete, after $duration seconds"

--
Glenn Jackman
Ulterior Designer
> You've raised several points.  It sounds as though you're in
> an Expect context, and perhaps you need to be.  If so, I
> *strongly* urge you to find a copy of the Expect book <URL:
> http://wiki.tcl.tk/105 >; you'll read there of ways to monitor
> multiple (sub)processes simultaneously and reliably withOUT
> use of threads.

ya jus going thru that link, hope i get some thing over there.1

> There are, as it turns out, several different ways to program
> detection of process completion, but none of them superior in
> all circumstances.  Please describe your problem at a higher
> level; perhaps we can then give you more accurate advice.

my problem is this, i need to call say procedure1 twice
like,

procedure1 arg1 arg2
procedure1 arg3 arg4

both are independent of each other, but same procedure, I want to
execute them parallely so that time is saved finally. Its like doing
same action on 2 different piece of arguments.

Regards,
Nutty.

0
mp3nut (10)
10/27/2006 4:42:23 PM
>     lappend pids [exec process1 &]
>     lappend pids [exec process2 &]

background process.. I don't think will suit my need..
I want to see the result in the foreground, I mean the logs are needed
for substantiating that the process is completed. The statement after
the above 2 statements wil be executed only after the completion of the
background process.

Regards,
Nutty.

0
mp3nut (10)

Then read http://wiki.tcl.tk/fileevent

--
Glenn Jackman
Ulterior Designer
Nutty <mp3nut@gmail.com> wrote:
			.
			.
			.
>my problem is this, i need to call say procedure1 twice
>like,
>
>procedure1 arg1 arg2
>procedure1 arg3 arg4
>
>both are independent of each other, but same procedure, I want to
>execute them parallely so that time is saved finally. Its like doing
>same action on 2 different piece of arguments.
			.
			.
			.
This turns out to be a far more delicate matter than you might
expect.

First, what you're attempting is probably not worth the effort.
To save execution time by directing two different [proc]s--not
processes, not ...--to different processors is inherently hard-
ware-dependent, at least for currently popular operatint systems.
Even if you succeed in some measure on your host, it might not
give the same satisfaction on any other.

Are you sure that procedure1 takes so long to execute that it's
worth a rewrite?  Can you identify a segment within procedure1
that's the bottleneck?  Does procedure1 fill the CPU, or is it
blocking on I/O, network, or memory access?

0
claird (2363)
10/27/2006 5:48:47 PM
Thanks guys for all the info..
am still in the same state as before, may be if i give a code snippet
here i can be lead to the destination .. working on it, wil keep
posting..

Regards,
Nutty

0
mp3nut (10)
11/2/2006 3:34:49 PM
At 2006-11-02 10:34AM, "Nutty" wrote:
>  Thanks guys for all the info..
>  am still in the same state as before, may be if i give a code snippet
>  here i can be lead to the destination .. working on it, wil keep
>  posting..

What do you have so far?

--
Glenn Jackman
Ulterior Designer

Executing external Java processes from Tcl: java.library.path
Dear folks, I have a Tcl application that regularly runs a java process and reads and understands what the Java process writes out to the standard output. The Java process itself relies on an external DLL and accesses the DLL through JNI (for those of you who are interested it is a scanning wrapper around the BlueCove bluetooth stack). The problem is that I am experimenting problems with this. Java says that it cannot find the DLL when starting the Java process. (through the Tcl open command, but I have even tried with exec). I tried to specify the path to the DLL location using the -Djava.library.path=".." option of the JVM but it does not help. Weirdest is that it works when I run the command for hand from the command prompt (either cygwin or the regular windows command prompt). I have been trying to find an answer on the Net for similar problems but could not find anything relevant. A similar question was posted on this group somewhere in 2003, but the answer was to modify the Path variable. I tried to modify the env(Path) variable, but that did not help either. Any clues anyone? Thanks in advance for your help. Emmanuel Frecon wrote: > Dear folks, > > I have a Tcl application that regularly runs a java process and reads > and understands what the Java process writes out to the standard output. > The Java process itself relies on an external DLL and accesses the DLL > through JNI (for those of you who are interested it is a ...

How to get the name of the executable that a process is executing?
Hi, I have written a program that has a virtual device driver that sends the process ID when a process is created to a user mode program. In the user mode program, I have to get the executable name of the process. I can use Process32First/Next API's to get the information about the process. But using those api's and getting the process information will be a overhead for my user mode program to iterate through all the process and get the name of the executable for my process. Is there any other API's to get the name of the executable that the process is executing directly...

[ANN] parallel: simple parallel processing.
If you ever write a shell script along the lines of: some | ppieline | bash then you may be interested in my program parallel. The above line would be written as: some | pipeline | parallel 4 to perform the same task, but with 4 commands running in parallel. There is a companion program, ssh_parallel which will distribute the jobs over a number of machines (assuming you have passwordless SSH set up). Webpage: http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~er258/code/index.html Download: http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~er258/code/dist/parallel-1.0.tar.gz On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 01:41:16 +0000, Edward Rosten wrote: >...

How to exec a process and get the output of the process in tcl?
How to exec a process and get the output of the process in tcl? Like using pipe stream from the process in C (popen). Really appreciate your help. On May 9, 9:18 am, hjin <h...@provisionnetworks.com> wrote: > How to exec a process and get the output of the process in tcl? > Like using pipe stream from the process in C (popen). > Really appreciate your help. If you just want to run a child process and get its standard output, do this: set Result [exec foo < bar] If foo is a program that reads from standard input and writes on standard output, what it writes on stdout will be captured and returned as the value of a successul exec. If you want to check whether the command was successful, you need to use catch, like this: if {[catch {exec foo < bar} Result] == 0} { ...do something... } else { ...error... } The value of the command that is the first argument to catch is placed in the variable that is the second argument to catch. In this case, that will be the standard output of the daughter process. On 9 Mai, 18:18, hjin <h...@provisionnetworks.com> wrote: > How to exec a process and get the output of the process in tcl? > Like using pipe stream from the process in C (popen). See http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl/TclCmd/exec.htm Example: set content [exec cat $filename | grep foo | sort -u] or, with a bidirectional pipe: http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl/TclCmd/open.htm set pipe [open |myserver w+] puts $pipe $question gets $pipe answer ...

[ANN] parallel 1.3: simple parallel processing.
Version 1.3 of ssh_parallel and parallel have been released. This release features much better error handling in ssh_parallel, so network errors are less likely to cause jobs to go missing. Additionally, it allows you to specify a nice level for processes. Same as the last time, I'm interested in any comments/critiques anyone may have. Original release notes (with updated URLs): If you ever write a shell script along the lines of: some | pipieline | bash then you may be interested in my program parallel. The above line would be written as: some | pipeline | parallel 4 to perform ...

parallel process
How to make parallel calculations on SKILL ? one way i can see is to launch several external processes using interprocess communication (ipc) "Andrey Orlenko" <eagle@ukr.net> wrote in message news:c4gldj$2mf2$1@news.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua... > How to make parallel calculations on SKILL ? S. Badel wrote: > one way i can see is to launch several external processes > using interprocess communication (ipc) > >>How to make parallel calculations on SKILL ? My situation: I've got program GUI on SKILL, it starts external program / sh("./program &&qu...

Parallel processes
Is there any good reason to have two almost similar processes, with almost similar sensitivity list? I have a problem with a size of the design. I'm using Lattice LC4128V and currently the design is using 130/128 logic functions. In on vhdl block there is two processes almost similar, like shown below. I got the code from the other designer and I'm just starting with VHDL, so I ask for your help. Can I save in logic elements by combining these two processes and does it affect the functionality or timing in some way? architecture ltr of dio_write is signal IO_WRITE_tmp : std_logic; ...

Parallel processing
Hello, I'm trying to implement a parallel process, and I'm not sure how to set it up and I was wondering if someone could help me please? My code resembles, for i=1:N % N approx = 10^6 x_new = my_func(x_old) A(:,i) = x_new; x_old = x_new; end where x_old and x_new are Mx1 vectors and A is a MxN matrix. From one iteration to the next, the only dependence is x_new(i) on x_old(i). I'd like to parallelise this by splitting the elements of x_new and x_old across more than one core. Is there a way I can, say, matlabpool open 5 <use core's ...

parallel processing
Hi, I'm not quite sure what 'feature' i'm looking for ... any input appreciated. I want to parallelize a particular task. #/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; my @target; our @result; for (my $i = 0; $i < @target; $i++) { $result[$i] = &do_some_work($target[$i]); } &report_results; .... &do_some_work requires a minute or so to complete. @target contains several hundred elements. Therefore, total execution time runs in the hundreds of minutes. Also, @target is not ordered ... e.g. there are no dependencies within @target ... if &do_some_work finishes proce...

parallel processing
HI, I have a tricky problem about parallel processing using JavaScript. a script makes use of classes. 2 objects A and B are created at intialisation. The two objects make use of the same function foo(). at runtime, the action: A.foo(); B.foo(); is executed. I noticed that in any browser, the result will be that the browser executes the function foo() related to A. Then stop and execute the function foo() related to B. This leave A unfinished. Is there a possiblity to have the function called by A running at the same time than B's one? I mean having two instance of the function running ...

Parallel processing
Hello, I am running version 7.01 on a quad core CPU. I am doing some heavy calculations but was too lazy to use any special commands for parallelization. However, to my surprise, when I check the performance I see that all 4 kernels a busy calculating. Does anybody have any info about this automatic parallelization of Mathematica? Daniel As far as I know, Mathematica does not paralellize unless you explicitedly tell it to. Did you see 4 Mathematica kernels running or just 4 cores being busy with unknown processes? Cheers -- SjoerdOn May 28, 12:50 pm, dh <...

Executing the executable
Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output. Input file is a separate normal file and not a visual C++ file. "Vikram" <vikram3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d57dd844.0407230046.67352135@posting.google.com... > Using Microsft Visual Studio C++ 6.0, I have compiled my code and I > need to execute this executable by specifying my input file and my > output file, eg. ./DMDC2 input > output. Input file is a separate > normal file...

parallel execution
Hi, all . based on the requirement, I need to creat a parallel execution in my vi. &nbsp; my requirement is the mail vi will read buffer&nbsp; &nbsp;and the sub vi only for read data from rs232 and then put the data into buffer. &nbsp; in the sub vi, it will be executed at all time. and in the mail vi, i read the data and then compare with my exist data, if it doesn't match and read&nbsp;data from&nbsp;sub vi&nbsp;again. &nbsp; i think i will creat two loops, but not quite sure how to result the parallel execution. it looks like some queue function needed...

To do parallel processing..
Hello All, I would like to know is it possible to process the array elements while the array itself if being updated(storing elements) using some parallel processing technology in perl... With Rgds, Raj rajendra (rajendra.prasad@in.bosch.com) wrote on MMMMDCCCLXXVIII September MCMXCIII in <URL:news:ent5km$fje$1@news4.fe.internet.bosch.com>: -: Hello All, -: -: I would like to know is it possible to process the array elements while the -: array itself if being updated(storing elements) using some parallel -: processing technology in perl... Yes. You could use threads and s...

Do parallel in TCL
I have 2 procs procA and ProcB. These procs run on devices X,Y and Z. curently I call it like : X procA Y procA Z porcA procA takes a long time to execute. Since X,Y and Z are independant, I want them to execute them in parallel on X, Y and Z. I want a generic API like do_parallel ( procA {X,Y,Z} ) or similar. Kindly suggest how I can achieve this. Thanks Ashwin Tech <ashwin.technical@gmail.com> writes: > I have 2 procs procA and ProcB. These procs run on devices X,Y and Z. > > curently I call it like : > > X procA > Y procA > Z porcA > > procA takes a long time to execute. > Since X,Y and Z are independant, I want them to execute them in > parallel on X, Y and Z. > > I want a generic API like do_parallel ( procA {X,Y,Z} ) or similar. Ashwin, please describe your problem in a way there is a chance of understanding it. Does the Tcl program run on each of the devices? Or on a central computer talking to the devices? I'll assume that the program runs on one computer and talks to the devices X, Y and Z attached to it. Do the devices talk to the computer while procA is running? You might start three instances of the program, each talking to one device and let your OS do the scheduling for you (that's what OSes are for, after all). What would be the drawbacks of such an approach *in your specific case*? Then, of course, if running several instances of the program is out (for what reasons?), you might resort to async...

Why can execution results in tcl shell differ than if using tcl script??
Hi, I have been posting a thread here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different results!!! Why did this happens?? Thanks, Ahmad Ahmad wrote: > Hi, > > I have been posting a thread here: > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/983d7ef3e4b1ab54# > > I have another question that might be related to it, I'm doing set of > tcl commands (involving external shell commands execution) one time in > tcl shell, and the other from a tcl script.. > > Although both command sequences are the same, I get quite different > results!!! Why did this happens?? > > Thanks, > Ahmad The interactive Tcl shell has access to external functionality that a running script doesn't. That's done to make the interactive environment easier to work with. What, specifically, is the command sequence you're issuing in both cases? Jeff Hi Jeff, Thank you for your reply. I've a tcl script that finally creates a certain script, that is when I run from shell using "calibredrv -gui <certainRunScript>" from command line it do exactly what I expect. I have tried two scenarios of trials, and only one of...

Child process wait father process excute some code then begin execute
I write a socket program. After accept client connection , server fork a child process, how do keep this execute sequence? Thanks pid = fork(); if ( pid > 0 ){ CONFIG CHILD PROCESS TABLE }else{ WAIT UNTIL father process config child process table. begin execute.. } empriser wrote: > I write a socket program. Try comp.unix.programmer, sockets are off topic here. -- Ian Collins. ...

Parallel Computing and "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
while using parfor loop, I get "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." error generated from an executable function embedded in the parfor loop. The function opens a file "tmp.key" and writes an image file "tmp.pgm" into "tmp.key" file. However, it seems that when this parfor loop runs on parallel processors, the processors are unable to access this "tmp.key" at the same time, and hence, the error is generated. First of all, is my assesment correct? secondly, how to resolve this issue and use parfor loop successfully. Any help is greatly appreciated, please. Irteza "Syed " <irtezaa@gatech.edu> writes: > while using parfor loop, I get "The process cannot access the file > because it is being used by another process." error generated from an > executable function embedded in the parfor loop. The function opens a > file "tmp.key" and writes an image file "tmp.pgm" into "tmp.key" > file. However, it seems that when this parfor loop runs on parallel > processors, the processors are unable to access this "tmp.key" at the > same time, and hence, the error is generated. First of all, is my > assesment correct? secondly, how to resolve this issue and use parfor > loop successfully. > > Any help is greatly appreciated, please. It sounds like your assessment is correct. By ...

l'C program executing from a tcl script with pipe opened using open command in Tcl
Hi all, I wanted to communicate with a C program from a Tcl script.. The test code i have written is below Both the 'C' program and Tcl script are located in the same directory. The 'C' program is below. I have named it CTCL.C #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int i; char c[30]; printf("Reading..."); scanf("%s",c); printf("String read is :%s\n",c); fflush(stdout); return 0; } I have compiled the program with the command cc CTCL.C -o ctcl So the executable was generated with the name 'ctcl' The Tcl script I have written is. I have named it TCLPIPETEST.tcl #!/usr/add-on/exptools/bin/tclsh set fd [open "|./ctcl" r+] gets $fd tmp1 puts "tmp1 = $tmp1" set stat 0 set tmp2 "Default value... " if { ![catch { puts $fd "abcdef" } res]} { if { ![catch { flush $fd } res] } { if { ![catch { gets $fd tmp2} res ] } { set stat 1 } else { puts "Error 'gets' from pipe : $res" } } else { puts "Error 'flush' from pipe:$res " } } else { puts "Error 'puts' from pipe:$res " } if { $stat == 1 } { puts "Success......:$tmp2 :)" } else { puts "Failure......:$tmp2 :(" } I have given all permissions for both the files above. When i execute the Tcl script My aim is to open a pipe with the 'C' executable 'ctcl', initially read so...

CALL FOR PAPERS -- Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing at the 9th Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models -- IPDPS
*** CALL FOR PAPERS *** 2007 International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing *** Submission Deadline December 4th 2006 *** As part of the Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computing Models (APDCM), the aim of this special session is to focus on computer systems that can scale to many thousands of processing elements and are used to solve a single problem. The focus is on identifying new and novel ideas rather than proving incremental advances. By concurrently exploring architecture, programming models, algorithms and applications, the session seeks to advance the state-of-the-art of Massively Parallel Processing (MPP) systems. Following the usual IPDPS practice, all MPP papers will be published in the Proceedings of the IEEE/ACM International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS). Topics of Interest: The topics of interest to this special session are: (+) Architectures and Experimental Systems: the use of increased parallelism on a single chip (MPP on a chip), the coordination and communication between massive numbers of processing elements, the use of processors in memory (PIMS), and parallelism in emerging technologies. (+) Large-scale Computing: the utilization of MPPs for large-scale computing, achieving peta-scale levels of processing, use of heterogeneous processing capabilities. (+) Paralleli...

CALL FOR PAPERS -- Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing at the 9th Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models -- IPDPS
*** CALL FOR PAPERS *** 2007 International Parallel & Distributed Processing Symposium Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computational Models Special Session on Massively Parallel Processing *** Submission Deadline December 4th 2006 *** As part of the Workshop on Advances in Parallel and Distributed Computing Models (APDCM), the aim of this special session is to focus on computer systems that can scale to many thousands of processing elements and are used to solve a single problem. The focus is on identifying new and novel ideas rather than proving incremental advances...

create executable from tcl
I've developed a windows application written in perl that is installed as an executable with the perl interpreter embedded in the executable. It is assumed that the PERL INTERPRETER IS NOT INSTALLED on the target system.I want to create an executable from a simple (I hope!) tcl program that will display a form to collect configuration data from the user during the installation of the tcl program. Is it possible to do this without tcl/tk installed at the target site? I've installed the activstate distribution of tcl. I'm a beginner at tcl. I don't have the tcl dev kit. TIA, Phil On 5/17/12 6:26 PM, cellist wrote: > I've developed a windows application written in perl that is installed > as an executable with the perl interpreter embedded in the executable. > It is assumed that the PERL INTERPRETER IS NOT INSTALLED on the target > system.I want to create an executable from a simple (I hope!) tcl > program that will display a form to collect configuration data from > the user during the installation of the tcl program. Is it possible to > do this without tcl/tk installed at the target site? > > I've installed the activstate distribution of tcl. I'm a beginner at > tcl. I don't have the tcl dev kit. Well the Tcl Dev kit will do it for you and make your code unreadable also if you want it to. Other than that, I'd recommend putting it into a starpack (look at wiki.tcl.tk/starpack and follow the links -- or goo...

process execution confusion
I want to know how does the windows kernel take control back from a process once its time is up. The OS gives control to a process which executes for a certain amount of time assigned by the OS, If the process finishes its work earlier, it return control back to the OS. What happens if the process needs more time, how does the OS intervene and switch CPU control to another process? how is this possible? once a process is executing, isn't it the process which decides what's going to execute next? I've been reading Windows Internals by Matt Pietrek for sometime now, but it...

Process execution time
Hello, Thanks for your time. We have a process that usually expends 2 miliseconds in execute a task. However, sometimes, it expends 10 ms, 20 ms or even more in the same task. After "truss" it, what can be seen is: a) in the executions that needs more time, there are some jumps between two sequencial system calls. However, the two sequential system calls that needs more time than usual changes from one execution to another. b) the time between "fast" executions and "slow" ones is short. Sometimes, a good one is followed by a slow one in less than 500 ms. c) the...

Web resources about - execute processes in parallel - comp.lang.tcl

List of duplicating processes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a partial list of text and image duplicating processes used in business and government from the Industrial Revolution forward. Some are ...

CO2 Utilization in Chemical Processes
CO2 capture has to be followed by proper utilization in useful processes. This group shares knowledge about existing techniques in Chemical Processes, ...

SYS Activity Manager for Memory, Processes, Disk, Battery, Network, Device Stat & Performance Monitoring ...
Get SYS Activity Manager for Memory, Processes, Disk, Battery, Network, Device Stat & Performance Monitoring on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Creative Processes in Science and Technology: Insights from - YouTube
Google Tech Talk May 14, 2009 ABSTRACT Creative Processes in Science and Technology: Insights from Visual Arts. Presented by Dr. Julio M. Ottino. ...

9 Successful Executives Share How Business Processes Have Changed In Their Career
Clear, well-thought-out business processes can be the difference between the success or failure of a company.

Qantas boosts safety processes after cleaner injury at Canberra Airport
Qantas will spend $680,000 to strengthen its workplace safety procedures after a cleaning contractor fell.

NBN Co wants block on Telstra disconnection processes
Disappointed by competition watchdog.

Labor says Bali Nine legal processes not done
Labor says the legal processes for the Bali Nine pair in Indonesia should be allowed to run their course.

Processes to find missing children in care not good enough: opposition
Processes to help find missing children in care have been slammed by the state opposition, which labelled them long-winded and not in the best ...

Carers angry at delays for adoption processes in the ACT
&nbsp;Foster parents and permanent carers have called on the government to speed up legal processes for adoptions in the ACT, as some wait for ...