Experienced Tcl/Tk Programmer Required

Must reside in or around the Atlanta area. Contact for more details.

Contact Information:
Dr Alex Van der Velden
Engineering Director
velden@engineous.com

Please do not reply to this email!
0
nt6000 (5)

Tcl/Tk Scripting Programmer Required for NewViews
I am a semi-retired business consultant. Over the last 20 years I have written and supported many procedures for the accounting program "NewViews" by Q.W. Page in Toronto. The original NewViews was a single-user, DOS based application and incorporated its own interpretative procedure language which is very similar to BASIC. The new version is a multi-user, platform independent application and no longer supports the original NewViews Procedure Language. It uses Tcl/Tk scripting. My clients are anxious to upgrade to the new program. All the procedures I have written will need to be re-written in Tcl/Tk. I have no experience in scripting languages and I don't have the time or the inclination to learn. I am looking for someone who is fluent in Tcl/Tk who is willing to work with me to rewrite these applications. I am looking for someone in the Lower Mainland area of BC Canada who is willing to do piece work on this project. Fees are negotiable and they will be generous. This is a NOW project - the sooner the better. Some experience with accounting applications would help but would not be necessary. BTW, once the switch to the new program is complete, all of these clients will need ongoing support and I will want the new programmer to take on this work so that I can completely retire. Best wishes Terry Tried to respond off the list but the email address above doesn't work. If you can't locate someone from lower mainland BC, ...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don't know of newer ports. Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca ...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

tcl/tk unicode wie kann man formel/math. zeichen in tk unter tcl anzeigen lassen?
Hallo, ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen unabh�ngig? English summary for the rest of the world: sven.rega@gmx.de would like to use mathematical symbols like "mu" in Tk applications. He asks if Unicode is the solution and whether that works on all platforms. I assert that Unicode works since Tcl 8.1 and that UCN syntax like \u00B5 is the way to go with symbols hardcoded in Tcl scripts. I point him to "charmap.exe" (Windows), "Character Palette" (Mac OS X) or generically to <http://www.unicode.org> to find out the Unicode code points. ---------------- Hi, Versuch doch bitte beim n�chsten Mal auf Englisch zu fragen, sonst kann Dir nur ein Bruchteil der Leute hier folgen. sven.rega@gmx.de (xfan) writes: > ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und > vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch > mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit > welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? Ja, das funktioniert mit Unicode in Tcl seit Version 8.1. > funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen > unabh�ngig? Das ist die ...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

Introducing Tcl/Tk to a programmer
I have a programmer friend who recently asked me recommend a language for him to learn. He wants a utility language which he can use to write small tools and applications, preferably with a GUI and to run on Windows. "Sure," I said, "Perl! No - wait! Tcl!" I've been using Tcl for 10 years or more but I've never had to describe why it's so much better than Perl et al from a scripting point of view. (I can describe embedability, extensability, etc.) I kind of "know" the beauty of the language is it's dynamic nature, but how do you get that across to someone who is used to coding C++ for a living? I volunteered to go round to this guy's house and show him the light. I envision myself sitting in front of tkcon making buttons and things pop up. That'll take 5 minutes. Any suggestions where I take him next? -- The email address used to post is a spam pit. Contact me at http://www.derekfountain.org : <a href="http://www.derekfountain.org/">Derek Fountain</a> Derek Fountain wrote: > I have a programmer friend who recently asked me recommend a language for > him to learn. He wants a utility language which he can use to write small > tools and applications, preferably with a GUI and to run on Windows. > "Sure," I said, "Perl! No - wait! Tcl!" > > I've been using Tcl for 10 years or more but I've never had to describe why > it's so much better than Perl ...

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any response when I run the second command of its example---"% prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main -q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating system is winXP. I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl. Thank you very much I did not give up the solution of (http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second command(prolog::init) of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a window, said that Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly while executing "error "Prolog interpreter closed unexpect...

make html on tcl requires tk
On a current trunk checkout of tcl, I tried on CentOS 6.5: cd unix ../configure make make html The last command fails with this error message: tcltk-man-html: could not find Tk below /home/oehhar/test/tcl-trunk/.. Must I really provide Tk ? If yes, how ? Thank you, Harald At Mon, 22 Jun 2015 09:23:51 -0700 (PDT) Harald Oehlmann <wortkarg2@yahoo.de> wrote: > > On a current trunk checkout of tcl, I tried on CentOS 6.5: > cd unix > ./configure > make > make html > > The last command fails with this error message: > > tcltk-man...

ANNOUNCE: ADB and ADBSQL pure-tcl database engine for Tcl/Tk
Dear All, I'm happy to announce today the first release of adb/adbsql. ADB together with the MySQL database connectivity module adbsql are a Tcl/Tk package useful for Tcl/Tk programmers that want to store their data in a database-kind of way with tables and fields. Two (optional) features of ADB that may make it worthwhile for you: * Writing the database as XML output and later of course the ability to read it. * Connecting directly to a MySQL database. The fun part of ADB is that you can either use it as a full pure tcl library, or you can use these advanced features that require additional packages. Both modules are released under open source LGPL or BSD licenses (your pick) More information: http://wiki.tcl.tk/6319 - Tcl/Tk wiki page on ADB http://sourceforge.net/projects/adbsql/ - Sourceforge page (including download area) http://adbsql.sourceforge.net/adb.html - Manual page of ADB http://adbsql.sourceforge.net/adbsql.html - Manual page of ADBSQL Kind regards, Roalt Aalmoes ...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates expires on October 20. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows University of Manchester Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle ...

emulation of users activities for TCL/TK programm
Hello ALL, Could you suggest us how to solve this task: emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons, menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform. We've tryed to send API-messages like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L ) to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer. Thank you in advance! -- Best regards, Gleb dispath [at] rambler [dot] ru Hello Gleb, >emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons, >menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform. >We've tryed to send API-messages > > like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L ) > >to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found >hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer. this looks really complicated and like much work. You should try out the cwind package (http://mini.net/tcl/cwind). I used it to send key strokes to another app but you can also send mouse clicks. Good luck Helmut Giese In article <41f0ed90.2952734@News.Individual.DE>, Helmut Giese <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote: >Hello Gleb, > >>emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons, >>menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform. >>We've tryed to send API-messages >> >> like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L ) >> >>to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found >>hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer. >this ...

Looking for a Programmers Guide for Tcl Tk Libraries

Tcl/Tk for programmers (J Adrian Zimmer)
Could anybody provide me with 23 and 24th parts of that book, I'll be very greatfull. As far as I am aware, the author has never legally released the book electronically. So until he does, any traffic on this newsgroup related to electronic copies would be inappropriate. I understand. It's not available in any internet book shop that are known to me in my country. And i haven't seen it in paper too in my town. Thank you. Sorry for openning such illegal theme:) You could, of course, contact the author, describe your situation, and see if he would be willing to make some sort of arrangements with you. ...

New libs required to compile Tcl/Tk !?
Hello I have just compiled CVS HEAD, I had to add two new libraries to link OK under Linux : -lws2_32 -lnetapi32 Is that intented ? This is a recent change. On 5 jan, 23:59, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello > > I have just compiled CVS HEAD, I had to add two new libraries to link > OK under Linux : > > -lws2_32 -lnetapi32 > > Is that intented ? This is a recent change. Update : it was under XP using MinGW, not Linux. On 6 jan, 00:01, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 5 jan, 23:59, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hello > > > I have just compiled CVS HEAD, I had to add two new libraries to link > > OK under Linux : > > > -lws2_32 -lnetapi32 > > > Is that intented ? This is a recent change. > > Update : it was under XP using MinGW, not Linux. Did you update your MinGW installation? (I recently did that and it is a much nicer package than before) I have no particular information though on the issue you report, just a thought. Regards, Arjen On 6 Sty, 10:58, Arjen Markus <arjen.markus...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 6 jan, 00:01, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > On 5 jan, 23:59, Thomas MENEZ <menez.tho...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > Hello > > > > I have just compiled CVS HEAD, I had to add two new libraries to link > > > OK under Linux : > > > ...

1st Call For Papers
22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Conference starts October 21, 2015 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 201...

2nd Call For Papers for the 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010)
[[ Important Changes: More information about registration at the hotel. Our location chair has organized special social activities, both geeky (FermiLab Tour) and cultured (Theatre). See below for more. ]] 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ October 11 - 15, 2010 Hilton Suites/Conference Center Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 1, 2010 Notification to authors August 15, 2010 WIP and BOF reservations open August 1, 2010 Author materials due October 1, 2010 Tutorials Start October 11, 2010 Conference starts October 13, 2010 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 2010 will be held in Chicago/Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois USA from October 11 - 15, 2010. The program committee is asking for papers and presentation proposals from anyone using or developing with Tcl/Tk (and extensions). Past conferences have seen submissions covering a wide variety of topics including: * Scientific and engineering applications * Industrial controls * Distributed applications and Network Managment * Object oriented extensions to Tcl/Tk * New widgets for Tk * Simulation and application steering with Tcl/Tk * Tcl/Tk-centric operating environments * Tcl/Tk on small and embedded devices * Medical applications and visualization * Use of different programming paradigms in Tcl/Tk and pr...

Web resources about - Experienced Tcl/Tk Programmer Required - comp.lang.tcl

Are You Experienced - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Are You Experienced is the debut studio album by English-American rock band the Jimi Hendrix Experience . Released in 1967, the LP was an immediate ...

Experienced Bad Mom (@ExperBadMom) on Twitter
Log in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

The training scenarios are run by experienced Maersk Training instructors. - Courtesy of Maersk Training ...
BP Signs Global Agreement with Maersk to Provide Additional Advanced Training to BP Offshore Rig Teams. Read the press release: www.bp.com/e ...

IceRage. The most intense single-device multiplayer you've ever experienced! - YouTube
Amazone: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BQUUH7E Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.herocraft.game.icerage #1 ...

Experienced exodus
Two of Federal Politics' most experienced members in Warren Truss and Andrew Robb will retire from politics at the next election.

Coach at work: 'I'm experienced and skilled. Why won't they promote me?'
Public service advice column: we put your workplace conundrums to an executive coach.

Most of NSW experienced good air quality in 2015, government results show
Air quality in the Sydney and Hunter regions was very good, good or fair at least 95 per cent of the time in 2015, according to results released ...

Mystery over deaths of experienced yachtsmen found on Stockton Beach
It is 3am and brothers-in-law Antonio Giner and Piers Dudley-Bateman have just been in contact with family as their eight-metre yacht struggles ...

McCaw back to lead experienced All Blacks team
Andrew Hore retains the starting hooker's role while Ryan Crotty is in line for a Test debut off the bench in an All Blacks team high on experience. ...

Most Australians have witnessed or experienced homophobia in sport, study finds
A least 80 per cent of Australians have witnessed or experienced homophobia in sport, a study finds.