Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community

Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev
community.

After years of TCL Dev I am giving something back to the Dev Tcl Community.

You can download NetpackX including source code at

http://helihobby.com/netpackx/index.html

and also you may download lots of cool aps and libs here:

http://helihobby.com/netpackx/Tcl_Tk/tcl_tk.html

I hope TCL/TK continues to grow and special thanks to Jeff Hobbs for his
support.

Regards,

Sean - www.HeliHobby.com

0
born2net (15)

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Tcl extension: check Tcl version?
Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking the extension? Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using package require). A number of newly provided commands work well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time version and run-time version are identical? Or does this indicate some subtle coding problem? Thanks for any suggestions Olaf Olaf Dietrich wrote: > Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension > is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking > the extension? > > Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that > I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be > loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using > package require). A number of newly provided commands work > well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and > wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. > > Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time > version and run-time version are identical? Or does this > indicate some subtle coding problem? Not subtle. Major problem. DO NOT DO THAT. If you want to be loadable across mult...

[TCL] multi-threaded tcl apps
Hi, Where can one find complete documentation on the ttrace package to the Thread package? I'd like to know what commands are available in ttrace and how to use them. --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. If you wish to e-mail me, the address consists of a dot between my first and last names (excluding my middle initial). The rest is accurate. Also, note, responses must be within the given context of messages I've posted to usenet. If it's not, I WILL NOT RESPOND! ...

[Tcl/Tk Community] We need *urgent* advertisement among CS students about Tcl in GSoC 2009
Hi! I'm Tomasz Kosiak. This year I have an honor to officially serve as an administrator for Tcl/Tk Community involvement in Google Summer of Code 2009 program. I would like to ask all broad Tcl community members to help us reach students worldwide and encourage them to apply for a summer scholarship. If you have never heard of Google Summer of Code (aka GSoC) it is a Google, Inc. sponsored initiative to fund aproximately 1000 student scholarship $4500 each for coding during a summer for ideas freely chosen by approved open-source organization. Tcl/Tk community is approved again by Google this year (second time). We seek opportunities to advertise among CS students our GSoC project ideas. That is why I have prepared one slide info about Tcl/Tk and GSoC. This e-mail can be freely forwarded directly to prospective students or to your fellow university teachers so they can show this slide for their students. The goal is to reach students worldwide willing to apply to Tcl/Tk as mentoring organization. See Tcl/Tk GSoC 2009 in a pill at http://tinyurl.com/tcl-gsoc2009 and this is the only URL students shall write down to get started. Official news about Tcl/Tk GSoC 2009 is at http://www.tcl.tk/gsoc/ and http://wiki.tcl.tk/22182. We, Tcl mentors and admins, are really willing to help students prepare their applications. This is what our community is fond of. As last year we *do* plan to act as umbrella organization for other Tcl-related projects like Tk, XOTcl, Expect, AO...

Tcl-dev Tk-dev
Hi everyone. I am currently useing knoppix and I am installing a program that requires tcl-dev and tk-dev. Are these on my system? If not how and where can I get these two packages from. Thanks in advanced. Nori On 23 May 2006 10:50:39 -0700, Nori <noridotjabi@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi everyone. I am currently useing knoppix and I am installing a > program that requires tcl-dev and tk-dev. Are these on my system? If > not how and where can I get these two packages from. Thanks in > advanced. > Nori > On an Ubuntu system, aptitude in interactive mode finds tcl8...

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don't know of newer ports. Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca ...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

Tcl-fann: A Tcl extension for Artificial Neural Networks.
This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-fann Tcl-fann enables artificial neural networks processing in Tcl. It is using the FANN (Fast Artificial Neural Networks) library underneath. Tcl-fann supports: * Fully, sparse and shortcut type connected multi-layer networks. * Backpropagation training (RPROP, Quickprop, Batch, Incremental) * Evolving topology training which dynamically builds and trains the ANN (Cascade) * Versatile (possible to adjust many parameters and features on-the-fly) * Several different activation functions implemented (including stepwise linear functions for that extra bit of speed) * Saving and loading of entire ANNs * Cross-platform (linux/unix & MS Windows (not tested)) Dependencies: * Tcl 8.5 or greater. * FANN Library (http://leenissen.dk/fann/) Version 2.2.0 or greater. Platform: Linux/Unix & MS Windows Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-fann/ Man page: http://tcl-fann.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis ...

tcl/tk unicode wie kann man formel/math. zeichen in tk unter tcl anzeigen lassen?
Hallo, ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen unabh�ngig? English summary for the rest of the world: sven.rega@gmx.de would like to use mathematical symbols like "mu" in Tk applications. He asks if Unicode is the solution and whether that works on all platforms. I assert that Unicode works since Tcl 8.1 and that UCN syntax like \u00B5 is the way to go with symbols hardcoded in Tcl scripts. I point him to "charmap.exe" (Windows), "Character Palette" (Mac OS X) or generically to <http://www.unicode.org> to find out the Unicode code points. ---------------- Hi, Versuch doch bitte beim n�chsten Mal auf Englisch zu fragen, sonst kann Dir nur ein Bruchteil der Leute hier folgen. sven.rega@gmx.de (xfan) writes: > ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und > vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch > mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit > welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? Ja, das funktioniert mit Unicode in Tcl seit Version 8.1. > funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen > unabh�ngig? Das ist die ...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

tcl application with tcl application

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to support other researchers in their work. To get completely rid of Tcl, they even started to reimplement all things, I wrote in Tcl in Python just to have it in a language, that most of them know (which is a good decision on the one hand, but on the other hand, I think, it would be better to simply learn Tcl ;-), which made me a little bit sad. Now there is a new collegue who has to maintain some of the things I wrote. Comming from Perl he wasn't exactly enthusiastic when he heard, that he must maintain my old code in such an obscure language.. Two weeks ago, I got mail from him. He's just studying a complex system of scripts that are used for a sandboxed build system for source code which comes from external untrusted source and must be compiled and tested. Of course it's written in Tcl (and some bash-Scripting). He told me, that although he has never looked at Tcl before,...

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any response when I run the second command of its example---"% prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main -q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating system is winXP. I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl. Thank you very much I did not give up the solution of (http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second command(prolog::init) of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a window, said that Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly while executing "error "Prolog interpreter closed unexpect...

tcl-inotify: File & directory level notifications for Tcl. (extension)
This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-inotify. Tcl-inotify is a Tcl interface to the linux kernel's inotify* service. It provides a Tcl package that enables Tcl scripts to monitor the file system changes at a file and directory level. A large number of file/directory actions can be monitored. A proc is executed asynchronously to notify for changes. * inotify is a Linux kernel subsystem that provides file system event notifications. It was written by John McCutchan with help from Robert Love and later Amy Griffis to replace dnotify. It was included in the mainline kernel starting from release 2.6.13, and could be compiled into 2.6.12 and possibly earlier releases by use of a patch. Its function is essentially an extension to filesystems to notice changes to the filesystem, and report those changes to applications. Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-inotify/ Man page: http://tcl-inotify.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis alsterg ...

Web resources about - Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community - comp.lang.tcl

HNN extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... subgroups of G are conjugate (through a given isomorphism) in G' . In terms of the fundamental group in algebraic topology , the HNN extension ...

NFL: Joe Flacco signs three-year extension with Baltimore Ravens
BALTIMORE Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco signed a three-year contract extension that will reportedly help ease the team’s NFL salary cap woes ...

Ravens, Joe Flacco agree to three-year contract extension
Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco rarely admits to introspection. But as he spent the past few days pondering another giant contract offer from the ...

First Microsoft Edge extension appears in Windows Store
The feature that has been missing from Microsoft Edge for so long is just around the corner. We've known for a little while that extensions are ...

Humiliate Trump with brilliant ‘make Donald Drumpf again’ Chrome extension
In case you missed the spectacular Donald Trump roast during a 20-minute segment of John Oliver’s Last Week Tonight , you should watch it . Oliver ...

400 new Blue Origin jobs in Washington linked to tax credit extensions
Blue Origin could add 400 people to its Puget Sound operations this year as it moves toward initial production of its new rocket engine. But ...

Tom Brady – Patriots Contract Extension Details « CBS Boston
Tom Brady saves nearly $2 million from a potential DeflateGate suspension in his new extension with the Patriots. Here are the details.

Donald Drumpf browser extension installed more than 333K times
More than 333,800 people&amp;nbsp;have installed&amp;nbsp;the Drumpfinator extension&amp;nbsp;to change Donald Trump 's name to Donald Drumpf ...

French barn extension by GENS has cement shingles on facade
Fibre-cement shingles cover this gabled barn in northeast France, which GENS: Association Libérale d'Architecture has converted into five apartments ...

Wired Keeps Calling Trump 'Someone With Tiny Hands' Due to a Chrome Extension Error
Wired published an embarrassing correction to a story by Jason Tanz about Donald Trump today. Apparently he or his editors had a Chrome extension ...