Freewrap6.2 and Snack 2.2

I'm done for now with that script I was working. Decided to wrap it and
found that Snack is not included in Freewrap. So I thought, well, I just
source the snack.tcl file. Nope, don't work either. How do I wrap my
script and include snack with it? Will startkit be a better option? I am
so used to Freewrap... Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fernando
0
fernandoq (61)

Fernando Quinones wrote:
> I'm done for now with that script I was working. Decided to wrap it and
> found that Snack is not included in Freewrap. So I thought, well, I just
> source the snack.tcl file. Nope, don't work either. How do I wrap my
> script and include snack with it? Will startkit be a better option? I am
> so used to Freewrap... Any help will be appreciated.

Snack is not a "pure" tcl extension,
See the freewrap documentation on how to include binary extensions.

I have done this a long time in the past with some success - but
it was a bit tricky, but worked well. I had to provide the dll's
for the binary extensions to get the executable to work on a
machine without tcl installed (windows).

I have since used starkit/starpack for similar things and it works
OK too.

Regards

Paul
0
nospam3198 (106)
9/22/2006 5:28:41 AM
Paul Whitfield wrote:
> Fernando Quinones wrote:
>> I'm done for now with that script I was working. Decided to wrap it
>> and found that Snack is not included in Freewrap. So I thought, well,
>> I just source the snack.tcl file. Nope, don't work either. How do I
>> wrap my script and include snack with it? Will startkit be a better
>> option? I am so used to Freewrap... Any help will be appreciated.
>>

> Snack is not a "pure" tcl extension,
> See the freewrap documentation on how to include binary extensions.
>
> I have done this a long time in the past with some success - but
> it was a bit tricky, but worked well. I had to provide the dll's
> for the binary extensions to get the executable to work on a
> machine without tcl installed (windows).
>
> I have since used starkit/starpack for similar things and it works
> OK too.
>

> Regards
>
> Paul

Thanks Paul, I know it can be done. I was looking for someone that had
done it before and was willing to share the process.

Fernando
0
fernandoq (61)
9/22/2006 6:27:04 AM
Paul Whitfield wrote:
> Fernando Quinones wrote:
>> I'm done for now with that script I was working. Decided to wrap it
>> and found that Snack is not included in Freewrap. So I thought, well,
>> I just source the snack.tcl file. Nope, don't work either. How do I
>> wrap my script and include snack with it? Will startkit be a better
>> option? I am so used to Freewrap... Any help will be appreciated.
>>

> Snack is not a "pure" tcl extension,
> See the freewrap documentation on how to include binary extensions.
>
> I have done this a long time in the past with some success - but
> it was a bit tricky, but worked well. I had to provide the dll's
> for the binary extensions to get the executable to work on a
> machine without tcl installed (windows).
>
> I have since used starkit/starpack for similar things and it works
> OK too.
>

> Regards
>
> Paul

It is working. Basically what I did was the following:

1. wrapped all the files in the snack2.2 folder together with my main
script file. I was already wrapping some other files with it so I added
those files to the file with the list of files to wrap. The command
looked like this:
E:\freewrap62\freewrap.exe "c:\mainScriptFile.tcl" -f
"D:\otheFilesToWrap.txt"

2. Had to source snack.tcl. This I have to check again if it is
necessary or not.

3. I had to add the path for the snack2.2 folder to the auto_path. It
looks like this:

lappend auto_path "/SYS/Tcl/lib/snack2.2"

4. Had to load the package at the beginning of the script instead of at
the proc where I create and use the sound.

I think that was it....
To sleep now...
Fernando
0
fernandoq (61)

2 * 2 * 2 * 2 or pow(2, 4)?
Hi , I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for example wouldn't be more efficient than pow(x, 2)*pow(y, 2)*pow(z,3). Or is it all the same? Thanks, - Olumide Olumide wrote: > I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial > that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the > power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for > exam...

linspace(2,2,2) returns [2 2] ??
May be the help for linspace should change? It says: "LINSPACE(X1, X2, N) generates N points between X1 and X2." Notice, it says BETWEEN. But when I ask for 2 points, between 2 and 2: ---------------- EDU>> linspace(2,2,2) ans = 2 2 --------------- May be mathematically this is ok? i.e. there are infinite points between the point and itself? (on the real line), but from programming point of view, it is confusing. no? --Nasser Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." What did you expect to...

ANN: Releases 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 of TclWS (Web Services for Tcl)
Announcing releases 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 of TclWS (Web Services for Tcl). They are available at http://core.tcl.tk/tclws -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC | | Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net | +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ...

OTM 2.2 #2
Hi all Just installed OTM on a cust pc (Win XP) Got a problem that when using the system terminal to access Meridian Mail, I am unable to exit from mail as the Cntrl ] function is not recognised. Now is this a problem with OTM or with the customers PC? Thanks Solved it. The term type was set to VT100 and not VT220 ...

VIBE 2.2 #2
About: Visual Information Broker Enterprise (VIBE) is an IDE that enables application developers to automate the design and development of infrastructure components for complex distributed cross-platform, cross-language systems applications. You can define messages and generate infrastructure support code for the IBM MQ information bus, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and other JDBC compliant databases, XML with transformations that use tools like XSL, and J2EE. It also includes a fully functional Business Rules engine, along with a graphical programming environment. Changes: This relea...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k2njh1$jes$1@speranza.aioe.org>... > On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 > > yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same > operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. > > ...snip... > > <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> > > -- There are a few thing you need to understand: 1. You need to get matlab in order to translate the simple code 2. You should define your parameters as in what is the expected output of your search based on the equations used: Is it : a) 4/2/2 b) (4/2/2) On 9/11/2012 11:13 PM, Salvinder wrote: .. > There are a few thing you need to understand: > 1. ...

Printing 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4 and 2^5
Hi, When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: <?php $c=1; while($c<=5) { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; $c++; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: <?php for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> Why is this?? Many thanks, Michael mejpark wrote: > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: [...] > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64...

2 or not 2
is this a question! http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Il Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:13:08 +0800, Cheers ha scritto: > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg > > Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ > > Moussa I don't know it but it's BIG ! Do you have free space ? How much, do you think, it will cost ? Could be a nice addiction, but let's listen to someone else... On Sep 9, 4:13 am, Cheers <moussa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Personally, I'm not that fond of Sun equipment, so I haven't paid that much attention to their offerings. My guess is that the rack is a storage array, and it appears to be on the old side, so it's likely that the total storage capacity in the array could be met or exceeded by one large SATA drive (both 1.5TB and 2.0TB 3.5-inch drives are currently available) -- at much lower noise and power levels. Of course, if you already had one of these bad boys and were just looking for an inexpensive source of spare parts, I'd say go for it. Rick Ekblaw Hi Moussa ! > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jp...

2 + 2 =
2 + 2 = 4. Period. The above was posted as a test. I am seeing if people in csma will start to debate the accuracy of my claims. After all, in base 3, there is no symbol "4". I am sure others can come up with ways to show I am wrong. Then, when I explain how 2 + 2 really is equal to 4, even in other bases or whatever other silliness is presented, I will be told that I am changing my claim. Someone will even go so far as to say that since I admit there is no "4" in base 3, that my argument has been refuted, and I should no longer state that 2 + 2 = 4. This has only been a test. Snit wrote: > 2 + 2 ...

OSK 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3
Does anyone here have any of the versions named in the subject? I am unravelling 68K Basic I-Code, and I need to compare 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3 modules with 2.1 and 2.4 modules. There are differences between 2.1 and 2.4, and I want to know how many other differences there are between versions. Thanks in advance. Wayne Campbell ...

problems with in 2.3.2 developed modules used with 2.2.2
Sorry for the long header of this mail ;-) Has anyone experienced modules developed in 2.3.2 (using IDLE and = PythonWin as IDE) don't work under 2.2.2.... I mean basic stuff like it = can not see classes from your .py file, so an import fails? It almost likes that in my case 2.2.2 doesn't like the file format = generated by IDLE or PythonWin in 2.3.2. Does someone know if this is a known problem? Vincent Try deleting the .pyc version of the file... maybe 2.2.2 doesn't realize that the magic number is wrong and that it should recompile from the .py source. Kevin. "Raa...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

wxPython 2.4.2.4 segmentation fault on (Python 2.2.2 SuSE 8.2)
Hi everything runs normally but exiting demo.py or any app we get Segmentation Fault wxPython was built from sources (as per readme.1st.txt) as latest downloaded from wxPython site while building wxGTK several errors reported as could not read from makefile.in files please assist Sanjay Minni Note that we used GTK1 i.e. compiled without the GTK2 option on SuSE 8.2 Thanks Sanjay Minni ...

Tornado 2.2.1/GCC 2.96 #2
vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96. GCC 2.96 is _very_ old. The question. Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys. If so what was the prognosis? forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote: > vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96. GCC 2.96 is > _very_ old. The question. Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest > version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has > anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys. If so what was the ...

Apache 2.2.2 and mod_perl
It has been a wee bit since I upgraded and I see a new 2.2 branch of Apache server. Does the current mod_perl work with that series or should I go with the 2.0 series? Robert Hi, Robert > It has been a wee bit since I upgraded and I see a new 2.2 branch of > Apache server. Does the current mod_perl work with that series or > should I go with the 2.0 series? It works at least for me. Last week I brought up a new apache 2.2.0-server w/mod_perl2 and Mason on top of it. It (and I) didn't make the slightest complaints. According to: http://perl.apache.org/start/index.html, mod_...

APIC with Tornado 2.2 #2
I am using the pcPentium4_mp bsp. Although I register my Interrupt routine,using pciIntConnect, and enable the interupt using sysIntEnablePIC. The Kernel never calls my interrupt routine when my pci Device has issued an INT. The very same code works fine with regular single cpu pentium4 BSP. There is no specific option in vxWorks that requires us to mention what CPU to use,... when I used pciInt command with my device's IRQ ,it called my Interrupt routine which proves that the Interrupt routine has been registered OK so the question is why the kernel does not call it once the device issues...

PS/2 and OS/2 #2
Hi ! This is, finally, *in topic* ;-) I've got too many "off topic" warnings ;-) I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that can be installed and sys requirements ? In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? Do you ever tried OS/2 2.1 for windows ? I found a copy that was distributed with a PC magazine (CD + 2 boot floppies) On Aug 25, 7:00 am, supervinx <superv...@libero.it> wrote: > I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). > In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. > I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( You can run Warp 4 in "lesser" machines, I ran the original release of Warp 4 on a 9590-DLG (50MHz 80486 with 16MB of RAM) quite successfully for a long time. The Convenience Packs (re-releases with FixPaks integrated) may have increased the minimum system requirements. > Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that > can be installed and sys requirements ? > In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model > 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? I wouldn't bother with anything less than OS/2 Warp Connect (which is Warp 3 plu...

Installing 9.2.2 #2
I recently inherited an iMac from my father. I like the machine for the most part. However, I would like to run one or two of my old apps (Seahaven Towers!). Can I pull over my system file from my old 9.2.2 machine and have it work correctly, or would this just be too easy? Thanks for any help. D. Scruggs In article <1135736270.117802.224660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, bcfd36@aol.com wrote: > I recently inherited an iMac from my father. I like the machine for the > most part. However, I would like to run one or two of my old apps > (Seahaven Towers!). Can I pull over my...

ANNOUNCE TkTreeCtrl 2.2.2
TkTreeCtrl is a flexible listbox widget for Tk written in C. This release fixes a few bugs and adds a few minor features. Project homepage: http://tktreectrl.sourceforge.net/ ChangeLog: http://tktreectrl.sourceforge.net/What%27s%20New%20in%20TkTreeCtrl.html Source and Win32 binary downloads: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=69413 -- Tim Baker ...

PyDev 2.2.2 Released
Hi All, PyDev 2.2.2 has been released Details on PyDev: http://pydev.org Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com Release Highlights: ------------------------------- **IPython / Interactive console** * IPython (0.10 or 0.11) is now used as the interactive console backend if PyDev can detect it in the PYTHONPATH. * While waiting for the output of a command, intermediary results are printed in the console. * ANSI color codes are supported in the interactive console. **Code Analysis** * Reporting variables that shadow builtins as warnings. * Fixed issue where __dict__ was not found. **Code completion** * Aliases have a better treatment (i.e.: unittest.assertEqual will show the proper type/parameters). * Improved support for analyzing function builtins where the return type is known (i.e.: open, str.split, etc). **Debugger** * When doing a remote debug session, if the files cannot be found in the local filesystem, PyDev will ask for files in the remote debugger. **Editor** * Files without extension that have a python shebang (e.g.: #!/usr/bin/python in the first line) are automatically opened with the PyDev editor (in the PyDev Package Explorer). **Django** * When the shell command is used in the django custom commands, PyDev no longer uses 100% cpu while it doesn't complete. **Others** * Fixed issue where the * operator was not properly formatted. *...

2.4.2 -> 2.5.2 / Mingw/GCC 3.2 / W2K
hi, confirming my app-code to 2.5.2, two problems are left: wxSlider wouldn't show the selected value field anymore: wxSlider( m_p_editmask, 196, 0, 0, 120, wxPoint(20, 240), wxSize(300, 24), wxSL_HORIZONTAL | wxSL_AUTOTICKS | wxSL_LABELS, wxDefaultValidator, "wait" ); as it did before with 2.4.2 Got a lot of Can't verify memory struct - all bets are off! (common/memory.cpp[424]) messages, removed most by taking away the deletes for the class objects created by new, but my (pro)file-handling is managed by: WX_DE...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repeating and editing (not replacing), so I now have:- (Just after the documentClass command) \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{subsection} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesubsection.\arabic{equation}} Bob Bob Marlow schrieb: > David Roach wrote: > >> Is there a simple command to have latex number >> the equations by the section numbers automatically. >> >> David > > From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > % number equations within sections > % In preamble > > \makeatletter > \@addtoreset{equation}{section} > \makeatother > \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [more code] > Hi! I th...

wxGTK 2.4.2 issues (GTK 2.2.4)
Hello all, I tried the first time my wxMSW application on Linux with wxGTK and I experienced following issues und would like to know if it is a GTK limitation or wx' one: - Loading .xpm - files in .xrc - resources doesn't work (no handler) But perhaps in a toolbar wxBitmap("myIcon_16.xpm") works. - No "real" MDI support and no StatusBar support for Childframes (this _should_ be documented) - wxTE_RIGHT does not work for wxTextCtrl - wxListCtrl in wxLC_ICON - Style aligns the icons to the left. I know that's a Win32-Feature to align the icons "centre" but Evolution also supports this (perhaps Gnome feature?) Thanks, Michael Forstner --------------------------------------------------------------------- Please read http://www.wxwindows.org/mlhowto.htm before posting. To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwindows.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwindows.org ...

Concurrent usage of glibc 2.2.4 and 2.3.2
I'm trying to run applications that need glibc 2.2.4 in a Linux (formerly RH 7.2, but kernel + most apps + gcc + glibc updated) box whose current glibc is 2.3.2 (obtained from Fedora's glibc-2.3.2-101.4.i386.rpm). I have several questions where I'd appreciate some help. - checking the version definitions for both runtime loaders (RTLs, or ld-linux.so), I see that: - both RTLs define ld-linux.so.2, GLIBC_2.0, GLIBC_2.1 - ld-2.2.4.so defines versions GLIBC_2.1.1, GLIBC_2.2, GLIBC_2.2.3, which ld-2.3.2.so does not - ld-2.3.2.so defines GLIBC_PRIVATE and GLI...

Web resources about - Freewrap6.2 and Snack 2.2 - comp.lang.tcl