Get video file resolution?

I would like to read a resolution for a video file with Tcl. Apparently it is not part of file attributes. Could not immediately find anything with google.

Is there any utility for this?
0
Juge

Am 15.12.2016 um 06:35 schrieb Juge:
> I would like to read a resolution for a video file with Tcl. Apparently it is not part of file attributes. Could not immediately find anything with google.

file attributes are external property not internal format.

> Is there any utility for this?

did someone ever utilize the magics database for the unix "file" command
for tcl?

uwe@ben:~> file *avi
xyz_123.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 720 x 576, ~24 fps, video:
XviD, audio: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (stereo, 44100 Hz)

If you really want the nitty gritty "transcode -H" would be useful.

no idea if transcode is availabale on windows.

The windows access to system stuff should provide something on that
platform.

Uwe
0
Uwe