gets problem in windows etcl

I have a problem with 'gets' in Evolane's etcl, but in Windows only:
With

  puts [gets stdin]

etcl immediately returns to the prompt. But I should be able to enter
a  line, shouln't I? I do suspect that there's something strange with
the stdins of the etcls for Windows (this effect shows in etcl for
'normal' Windows as well as in the Windows Mobile version).

Can anyone give me a hint what the problem might be?

-Christoph.

On 18 Dez., 12:58, Christoph <christoph.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a problem with 'gets' in Evolane's etcl, but in Windows only:
> With
>
>   puts [gets stdin]
>
> etcl immediately returns to the prompt. But I should be able to enter
> a  line, shouln't I? I do suspect that there's something strange with
> the stdins of the etcls for Windows (this effect shows in etcl for
> 'normal' Windows as well as in the Windows Mobile version).

This is not eTcl-specific. Wish on Windows has the same problem:
stdout and stderr are sent to the console, but stdin is on permanent
EOF. See http://wiki.tcl.tk/10794 "gets workaround".
On Dec 18, 2:10 pm, suchenwi <richard.suchenwirth-
bauersa...@siemens.com> wrote:
> On 18 Dez., 12:58, Christoph <christoph.la...@gmail.com> wrote:> I have a problem with 'gets' in Evolane's etcl,
> but in Windows only:
> [...]
>
> This is not eTcl-specific. Wish on Windows has the same problem:
> stdout and stderr are sent to the console, but stdin is on permanent
> EOF. Seehttp://wiki.tcl.tk/10794"gets workaround".

Ah, thanks. When I have to use Tk anyway, I think I'll head for a
fully fledged console for my application.

-cl

Possible bug in Tcl or Windows or Tcl on Windows
Hi, There seems to be a bug in the way numbers are compared in Tcl. Consider the below script for calculating Pythagorean triplets. For hypotenuse upto a value of 100, there should have been 63 unique triplets. On Windows XP the script detects only 62. The script doesn't detect the case where c=99, b=20 ==> a=101. However running the same script under Tcl 8.4.1 in Cygwin detects 63 triplets. I don't have a Linux machine at hand to test it there. Following is the script and relevant output. Could anyone shed some light on the cause of this. Maybe it has something to do with how the numbers are represented internally? Running the script for N>100 shows up many more such missed values. An equivalent program in C runs correctly on the same machine. C code was compiled using both gcc and VC++6.0. ######################################################################### # a^2 = b^2 + c^2 proc pythag {MAX} { set i 0 for {set c 2} {$c <= $MAX} {incr c} { for {set b 1} {$b < $c} {incr b} { set a [expr hypot($c, $b)] ;# Calc. Hypot if { ($c == 99) && ($b == 20)} { ;# <<<<<<<< puts ">> [expr round($a)] == $a" } if {[expr round($a)] == $a} { puts "$a : $b : $c" incr i } } } return $i } if {$argc == 1} { set MAX [lindex $argv 0] } else { puts stderr "Usage: tclsh $argv0 N" exit } puts [pythag $MAX] ############# OUTPUT ################ Tcl 8.4.1 (Cygwi...

Windows 7 and Eudora 7.1: problems, problems and problems.
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again regularly. Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. Always the same problem. Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same problems. Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8? I want to cry!!!! Help me please. Thanks a lot. PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem? AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld@DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in news:s4usj5p0otqo5hlr30rsbnibj2t0uh3od1@4ax.com: > Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first > day I have problem with Eudora 7.1. > My problems are when Eudora downloads emails. > I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets > stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again > regularly. > Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download. > Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again. > Always the same problem. > Then ..... I h...

Help getting tcl to work with Windows Mobile.
Hello All, I'm desperately trying to get tcl to work with a windows mobile platform. I have used evolane's version of tcl which works quite well, however I need to create some C extension files for that platform so I may do some automated testing with an existing windows program. I have a simple windows application which I am trying to test with TCL but cannot create the .dll files to work with them. Questions... Has anyone managed to get tcl working with windows mobile using C extensions? How did you manage to write your tcl c extension programs and get it to work on your platform? Presumably you had the .lib file ready to work with this target platform. The target platform I an using is ARM based. Many thanks in advance, Richard ...

Problems with the port of a linux tcl program under windows.
Hi, Under linux: I have write a tcl program with some new tcl commands write in C. I compil theses C programs in a new wish call "my_wish" and run my_tcl.tcl program with the first line : #!./my_wish All is OK with linux. Under Windows: I had install cygwin and tcl (ActiveTcl8.5). and I compil my C commands with cygwin and creat "my_wish" program. But when I run my_tcl.tcl program I have an error : "invalid command name C_xxx" because "my_wish" program is not used and I don't know how run it. Thanks for any ideas. JPM ...

Problem getting TCL PRO compiler to work
Last night I purchased TCL PRO so I could use the compiler. After installing it today I tried running it and got this error: $ test.tbc ../test.tbc: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version -- can't find package tbcload 1.4 while executing "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.4} err] == 1} { return -code error "[info script]: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not s..." (file "./test.tbc" line 4) After reading some doc I found out that I need to get this thing called tbcload 1.4. I downlo...

Problem loading the Sleepycat library in TCL on Windows
Hello, I posted this to comp.lang.tcl yesterday but haven't found a solution yet, so I'm trying here aswell. I've installed Berkeley DB on Windows XP SP2 using the binary installer (with TCL selected). I'm using TCL 8.4.11 from ActiveState, again a binary installation. I'm trying to load the Sleepycat TCL library. There are some instructions here which are Unix orientated: http://www.sleepycat.com/xmldocs/ref/tcl/intro.html Using tkcon, I've run pkg_mkIndex, but the pkgIndex.tcl is always empty (apart from comments at the top). Here's the out...

Problem in getting Damage report over root window
Hi all, I am attaching here my xorg log file, output of xinerama api's and co- ordinates of Root window.I could get damage report for rootwindow area of 1024 x 768. Why i couldn't get damage report for area of (1024 - 2048) * 762? (Second part of root window which is being virtualy enabled by dummy driver to memic the second video card display). What is the wrong i am doing here? Is there anything i am missing? This is the way i created damage report over root window. rootWin = RootWindow(g_Display,screen_num); xdamage = XDamageCreate(display, rootWin, XDamageRep...

Problems with the port of a linux tcl program under windows. #2
Hi, Under linux: I have write a tcl program with some new tcl commands write in C. I compil theses C programs in a new wish call "my_wish" and run my_tcl.tcl program with the first line : #!./my_wish All is OK with linux. Under Windows: I had install cygwin and tcl (ActiveTcl8.5). and I compil my C commands with cygwin and creat "my_wish" program. But when I run my_tcl.tcl program I have an error : "invalid command name C_xxx" because "my_wish" program is not used and I don't know how run it. Thanks for any ideas. JPM * JP Mo <morin@free.fr> | Under Windows: I had install cygwin and tcl (ActiveTcl8.5). | and I compil my C commands with cygwin and creat "my_wish" program. | But when I run my_tcl.tcl program I have an error : "invalid command | name C_xxx" | because "my_wish" program is not used and I don't know how run it. On Windows, the #! in scripts is typically not used. Run my_wish directly with the script as argument: Instead of my_tcl.tcl run my_wish my_tcl.tcl Which windows calls do you use to start my_wish resp my_tcl.tcl? Can you post the relevant code? HTH R' Le 20/12/2012 16:50, Ralf Fassel a �crit : > * JP Mo <morin@free.fr> > | Under Windows: I had install cygwin and tcl (ActiveTcl8.5). > | and I compil my C commands with cygwin and creat "my_wish" program. > | But when I run my_tcl.tcl program...

Problem:Getting index of active menu entry on Windows
Hi, Please tell me a way to get the index of an active menu entry(drop down menu) on Windows. The usual way of set i [.top.menu.dropMenu index active] does not work on Windows. Regards, RG ...

Trf problems with latest Tcl 8.5 (windows)
Hi all, Does anyone have a Trf dll for download that doesn't use the 2.1p1 / 2.1p2 style versioning? i.e just a plain trf21.dll that when package required reports its version as 2.1 (I'm not much fussed at this point if it's got zlib bzip2 etc statically or dynamically linked.. or even if it's an older (insecure?) zlib) The version numbers with the patchlevel are now incompatible with 'package vcompare' and it seems the latest versions of Tcl 8.5 are now stricter during package require - so that although 2.1p1 might seem to load - an error is generated by package req...

Problems getting 2nd S-ATA disk to be visible in windows
Hi! I have a PC with a WD 250GB S-ATA disk as the main disk (Windows 2000 installed). I have now added a WD 120GB disk. This disk I can see in BIOS, but when I boot into windows 2000 I can not see it (Not in the harddisk setup utility in windows nor Partition Magic 8.0) I tried installing windows 2000 on the 120GB and booted of that, then I saw the 250GB.... Anyone that can help me with this strange problem? Mainboard : Asus P5AS2 Deluxe. ...

how do i get windows minimization event in the child video window of windows media player
hi, i am working on a rendering filter and my filter is used by the windows media player. i need the windows minimization event WM_SIZE with the flag SIZE_MINIMIZE to be received by my video window which inturn will be received by the filter to do some internal processing. My video window is a child window of the media player. I am able to receive the WM_SIZE event with the flag SIZE_RESTORED but not with the other flags namely SIZE_MAXIMIZED, SIZE_MAXSHOW, SIZE_MINIMIZED, SIZE_MAXHIDE. can any genius help me out regarding this. thanking in antisipation chidesh ...

how do i get windows minimization event in the child video window of windows media player
hi, i am working on a rendering filter and my filter is used by the windows media player. i need the windows minimization event WM_SIZE with the flag SIZE_MINIMIZE to be received by my video window which inturn will be received by the filter to do some internal processing. My video window is a child window of the media player. I am able to receive the WM_SIZE event with the flag SIZE_RESTORED but not with the other flags namely SIZE_MAXIMIZED, SIZE_MAXSHOW, SIZE_MINIMIZED, SIZE_MAXHIDE. can any genius help me out regarding this. thanking in antisipation chidesh "chides...

Get/read data from windows edit box (Not a tcl GUI)
Hi, I must solve the following ASAP: I have a windows (vc++) with buttons, edit boxes... I succeed to send data using twapi extention but i fail to get data from those edit box... How can I read data from this window? Please help Thanks. On Jan 15, 3:28 pm, "yosdik" <yossil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I must solve the following ASAP: > > I have a windows (vc++) with buttons, edit boxes... I succeed to send > data using twapi extention but i fail to get data from those edit > box... > > How can I read data from this window? > > Please help > > Thanks. You could have a look if twapi::get_window_text gives the result you are looking for. However, be aware that this will not work for every text control so your results might vary. But if you are able to send text using twapi, it looks promising. Personally I am using winapi (http://wiki.tcl.tk/winapi) for this because it allows for some better control. With winapi you can try: proc _get_window_text_length {hWnd} { ::winapi::SendMessage $hWnd WM_GETTEXTLENGTH 0 0 } proc get_window_text {hWnd} { set length [_get_window_text_length $hWnd] set buf [ffidl::malloc [expr {[incr length]*2}]] ::winapi::SendMessage $hWnd WM_GETTEXT $length $buf set text [::ffidl::pointer-into-unicode $buf] ::ffidl::free $buf return $text } Mark To elaborate a bit more on the differences between the two approaches: The twapi version uses the Win32 G...

How to avoid getting "has encountered a problem and needs to close" window
Hi, I am writing a C program in VC++. I am creating an executable and calling the executable from a script file. I am using this script file to call the executable on lot of inputs (in the range of thousands). But if the input is corrupted, the instance of the executable for that input is causing the window with message ".exe has ecountered a problem and needs to close". It then waits till I press one of the three buttons (Debug, Send Report of Dont Send). Because of this reason I am not able to run the script in the night (as I will have to press Dont Send for each of the...

Problems using the tcllib package tie in Windows and tcl file commands
I am having problems using the tcllib package tie in Windows but it is actually a problem with the tcl file commands. I am using Tcl 8.5.11 If from one tk console I create a tie to an array it saves a file and updates it correctly when array changes ... (bin) 49 % package require tie 1.1 (bin) 50 % array set data {a 2 b 4 c 5.423} (bin) 51 % ::tie::tie data -save file "D:/Data/temp/data.dat" tie1If I then from a second tk console I attempt to access the data from this file it works the first time (bin) 49 % package require tie 1.1 (bin) 50 % array set data {} (bin) 51 % ::tie::tie data file "D:/Data/temp/data.dat" tie1 (bin) 52 % array get data a 2 b 4 c 9.423When I update the array in the first console it updates the file correctly, however ... .... when I come to access the updated data in the second console it throws an error. (bin) 53 % ::tie::tie data file "D:/Data/temp/data.dat" error renaming "D:/Data/temp/data.dat.new" to "D:/Data/temp/data.dat": permission deniedIt seems to be having problems when it comes to overwite the data file with the shortened datafile from the cache. I have tried "untying" the arrays manually and overrwriting files from the console and this seems to work fine so I can't understand why it doesn't do the same thing from inside the script. Rachel Sorry, I guessing that I ought to release the sending interp with an untie at the end of ...

FM 8.03 Windows get(documentsPath), Send Mail Attach problem
I have solved this, but I couldn't find any reports of the problem anywhere so I post this message to help others and to see if anyone else found it. I am starting to do some saving of records to PDF then sending the resulting file out as an email attachment. On Mac, of course, everything is fabulous. But for a windows user the file would be created in the desired directory just fine, but would not attach to the email in the Send Mail step. First I would save files to pdf using a $variable with the path constructed as follows: Get ( DocumentsPath ) & "attachments/Invoice #&quo...

problem using blt 2.4 with tcl 8.4.19 on Windows
Hello, when using hiertable widget with blt 2.4 and wish8419 on Windows, I get the following error: bad cursor spec "@c:/perforce/CTAT/Windows/Environment/Tcl8419/lib/ blt2.4/treeview.cur" (database entry for "resizeCursor" in widget ".wxx.h") invoked from within "hiertable $wname.h -width 0 -yscrollcommand "$wname.vs set" - xscrollcommand "$wname.hs set" -selectmode multiple -hideroot yes " I'm able to use hierbox widget properly. It only happens with hiertable. Any ideas how to fix the problem above? Thank you very much for you inputs! ...

Problems getting SSL working on Apache 2.0.53 on Windows 2K
Hi all, First, thanks to Madhon for his SSL port at http://www.madhon.co.uk/modssl/ -- it's AWESOME! I am having some problems getting my SSL key working on a new install of the server, and I was wondering if anyone with a better understanding of how this works wouldn't mind taking a gander... We currently have a production web server, and I want to setup a test server to copy the entire site to for testing. On this test server, I want it setup exactly like the current server -- including SSL working. Our production site is on Windows 2K Server, so I setup another Win 2K Svr box and installed Apache 2.0.53 then installed Madhon's SSL port for 2.0.53 -- and all is working great. I copied my SSL.CONF file and keys from the production server to the new test server in hopes that all will work just the same. The problem I'm running into is I'm getting the following error in SSL.LOG when I start Apache: [Wed Feb 23 14:11:33 2005] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `www.mysite.net' does NOT match server name!? [Wed Feb 23 14:11:33 2005] [notice] Apache/2.0.53 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.53 OpenSSL/0.9.7e configured -- resuming normal operations [Wed Feb 23 14:11:33 2005] [notice] Server built: Feb 10 2005 06:11:34 [Wed Feb 23 14:11:33 2005] [notice] Parent: Created child process 1952 [Wed Feb 23 14:11:34 2005] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `www.mysite.net' does NOT match server name!? [Wed Feb 23 14:11:35 2005] [warn] RSA server...

problem with "file executable" on windows, tcl 8.5.2
ActiveState TCL 8.5.2, Windows XP SP2 'file executable' always returns 0, even on .exe and .bat when asked for a file on a network share: % info patchlevel 8.5.2 % set file L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/gen.exe L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/gen.exe % file exists $file 1 % file readable $file 1 % file executable $file 0 % file executable {L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/simenu.bat} 0 However, when copying the files to local disk, the files are qualified as executable: % cp L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/simenu.bat d:/temp % file executable d:/temp/simenu.bat 1 % cp L:/ralf/si++aegis/si++.4.0.C443/bin/winnt/gen.exe d:/temp % file executable d:/temp/gen.exe 1 Also: % set argv0 D:/Programme/tcl/bin/tclsh85.exe % file executable $argv0 1 The L:/ Network Share is an Samba share mounted from a linux box. Are there any special requirements for the smb options? Thanks R' Ralf Fassel said on 24/04/2008 21:21: > ActiveState TCL 8.5.2, Windows XP SP2 > > 'file executable' always returns 0, even on .exe and .bat when asked > for a file on a network share: > The L:/ Network Share is an Samba share mounted from a linux box. I have opened a similar report some time ago for file readable on a Samba share. Still open. See: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1613456&group_id=10894&...

clipboard problems yet again
I know this comes up from time to time, but I couldn't find a solution: I'm running xemacs (21.4.15) on RH Enterprise 4 / KDE. I access Linux from Windows XP via vnc (vncserver/Xvnc 4.0 on the Linux side, UltraVNC Viewer 1.0.2 on the Windows side. I think it's more global than xemacs - it doesn't seem to work from a Konsole shell either. I can't get any clipboard activity between the two, which is a major pain. I'm sure I'm not the only person doing this, so I'd appreciate the magic words to get this working. Is the problem vnc? KDE? Linux? I know ...

Problems getting SSL working on Apache 2.0.53 on Windows 2K
Hi all, First, thanks to Madhon for his SSL port at http://www.madhon.co.uk/modssl/ -- it's AWESOME! I am having some problems getting my SSL key working on a new install of the server, and I was wondering if anyone with a better understanding of how this works wouldn't mind taking a gander... We currently have a production web server, and I want to setup a test server to copy the entire site to for testing. On this test server, I want it setup exactly like the current server -- including SSL working. Our production site is on Windows 2K Server, so I setup another Win 2K Svr box a...

Windows 98SE-- Windows explore problem
When ever I try to invoke windows explorer I get a blue screen message with: 0028; C000B28A IN VXD VMM(01) + 0000A28A Can someone shed some light on how I can repair this problem? Thanks, John "john" <z2345678998765432y@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:kr7ntv4oonaqv3o3jp4eu8ecg214ne31gi@4ax.com... > > When ever I try to invoke windows explorer I get a blue screen > message with: > > 0028; C000B28A IN VXD VMM(01) + 0000A28A > VXD is virtual device driver and VMM is virtual memory manager, so first guess is bad RAM. Take the RA...

Problem with Tcl load of SQLite 3.7.4 Windows dynamic link library
I just installed a Win32 version of ActiveState Tcl, which came with sqlite372.dll. The following script puts "ActiveState tclsh version: [info patchlevel]" set dllversion 374 puts "Try to load ActiveState sqliteNNN.dll with NNN=$dllversion" load sqlite$dllversion.dll sqlite3 db :memory: puts "SQLite version: [db onecolumn {select sqlite_version()}]" db close exit 0 produces the following results (as expected): C:\Tcl\bin>tclsh test.tcl ActiveState tclsh version: 8.6b1.2 Try to load ActiveState sqliteNNN.dll with NNN=372 SQLite version: 3...

Web resources about - gets problem in windows etcl - comp.lang.tcl

Establishing sleep patterns early in life key to avoiding future problems
Children have just the first five years of life to develop good sleeping habits before they are at risk of adjusting poorly to school and developing ...

Maria Sharapova's meldonium problem: it's about the brains, not the looks
What Maria Sharapova seems most guilty of is breathtaking stupidity.

Maria Sharapova's meldonium problem: it's about the brains, not the looks
What Maria Sharapova seems most guilty of is breathtaking stupidity.

Establishing sleep patterns early in life key to avoiding future problems
Children have just the first five years of life to develop good sleeping habits before they are at risk of adjusting poorly to school and developing ...

Obama Wants SXSW to Help Solve America's Problems, Including Apple Standoff
President Obama asked a tech-savvy audience attending the first day of the South by Southwest Interactive Festival in Austin to help tackle the ...

Florida’s problem with sea level rise catches up with Rubio at debate
... debate near Miami, Florida. (credit: Joe Raedle / Getty Images) Earlier this year, a group of Florida mayors that are dealing with problems ...

How to fix Microsoft Edge's worst problems
... soon (and to the rest of us when the Redstone update for Windows 10 rolls out in June/July). If you’re using the new browser and having problems, ...

NASTY: Bill Clinton's Disgusting Flatulence Problems Date Back to White House Years
It's not just Granny Catlady who stinks. It's also her husband : Clinton became so flatulent at one point during his presidency that his close ...