gets problem in windows etcl

I have a problem with 'gets' in Evolane's etcl, but in Windows only:
With

  puts [gets stdin]

etcl immediately returns to the prompt. But I should be able to enter
a  line, shouln't I? I do suspect that there's something strange with
the stdins of the etcls for Windows (this effect shows in etcl for
'normal' Windows as well as in the Windows Mobile version).

Can anyone give me a hint what the problem might be?

-Christoph.

On 18 Dez., 12:58, Christoph <christoph.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a problem with 'gets' in Evolane's etcl, but in Windows only:
> With
>
>   puts [gets stdin]
>
> etcl immediately returns to the prompt. But I should be able to enter
> a  line, shouln't I? I do suspect that there's something strange with
> the stdins of the etcls for Windows (this effect shows in etcl for
> 'normal' Windows as well as in the Windows Mobile version).

This is not eTcl-specific. Wish on Windows has the same problem:
stdout and stderr are sent to the console, but stdin is on permanent
EOF. See http://wiki.tcl.tk/10794 "gets workaround".
On Dec 18, 2:10 pm, suchenwi <richard.suchenwirth-
bauersa...@siemens.com> wrote:
> On 18 Dez., 12:58, Christoph <christoph.la...@gmail.com> wrote:> I have a problem with 'gets' in Evolane's etcl,
> but in Windows only:
> [...]
>
> This is not eTcl-specific. Wish on Windows has the same problem:
> stdout and stderr are sent to the console, but stdin is on permanent
> EOF. Seehttp://wiki.tcl.tk/10794"gets workaround".

Ah, thanks. When I have to use Tk anyway, I think I'll head for a
fully fledged console for my application.

-cl