Hotel Room Rate Reminder - 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)

19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/

November 12 - 16, 2012
Sessions:
    National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago
    175 W. Washington
    Chicago, IL 60602

Rooms:
    Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza
    350 West Mart Center Drive
    Chicago, Illinois, USA

Map/Transport:
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818
    http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932

Hello all.

This is a reminder that that the offer of reduced rates for rooms at
the conference hotel expires on October 20.

	Book Now! (if you haven't already).

Oh, and talk to us should you run into trouble with the Hotel claiming
to be sold out already before the deadline.

Of course registration for the Conference is still open at

	http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html

To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow
the instructions on that page.

Our schedule can be found at

	http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html

Conference Committee

Clif Flynt              Noumena Corp					General Chair, Website Admin
Andreas Kupries         ActiveState Software Inc.			Program Chair
Cyndy Lilagan           Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago	Site/
Facilities Chair
Arjen Markus            Deltares
Brian Griffin           Mentor Graphics
Donal Fellows           University of Manchester
Gerald Lester           KnG Consulting, LLC
Jeffrey Hobbs           ActiveState Software Inc.
Kevin Kenny             GE Global Research Center
Larry Virden
Mike Doyle              National Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago
Ron Fox                 NSCL/FRIB Michigan State University
Steve Landers           Digital Smarties

Contact Information     tclconference@googlegroups.com

Tcl'2012 would like to thank those who are sponsoring the conference:

ActiveState Software Inc.
Buonacorsi Foundation
Mentor Graphics
Noumena Corp.
SR Technology
Tcl Community Association

Hotel Room Rate Reminder
20'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2013) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/ September 23 - 27, 2013 Bourbon Orleans Hotel New Orleans, Louisiana, USA http://www.bourbonorleans.com/ Hello all. This is a general reminder that the offer of reduced rates for rooms at the conference hotel expires on August 19, i.e. in a week. Book Now! (if you haven't already). Of course registration for the Conference is still open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2013/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Donal Fellows University of Manchester Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle National Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Ron Fox NSCL/FRIB Michigan State University Steve Landers Digital Smarties Contact Information tclconference@googlegroups.com ...

1st Call For Papers
22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Conference starts October 21, 2015 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 201...

[ANN] Registration open && 2nd Call For Papers
Hello comp.lang.tcl, fyi ... 22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: [[ Attention! Registration is open! Please have a look at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/register.html ]] Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Co...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

CFP: 11'th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference
Call For Papers 11th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference October 11-15, 2004 New Orleans, LA, USA We are pleased to announce the 11th Annual Tcl/Tk conference, to be held October 11-15, 2004, in New Orleans, LA, USA. This conference is a forum to: * bring together Tcl/Tk researchers and practitioners * publish and present current work involving Tcl/Tk * learn about the latest developments in Tcl/Tk * plan for future Tcl/Tk related developments The conference program will include paper presentations, tutorials, Birds of a Feather (BOF) sessions and invited key-note talks. This...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]
hi, where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' or any other good debugger, which i could use? best, s. On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' > > or any other good debugger, which i could use? I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of coverage for tcl. I don't know w...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4
Hi, I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. I looked at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.1/ But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1 tag. Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding iwidgets? Thanks, Andres On 5 Okt., 11:16, Andres Garcia <tclc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. > > I looked at: > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou... > > ...

Can't find a usable init.tcl ... Tcl wasn't installed correctly
I built a toy tcl/tk program with an embedded interpreter. It works as expected under Linux. When I run the program from the Windows XP command prompt, initialization of the embedded interpreter fails, returning a message like: ----------------------------------------------------------- Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories: This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed correctly. ----------------------------------------------------------- I tried again after executing SET TCL_LIBRARY=C:\Tcl\Lib\tcl8.4 from the command prompt, and the Tcl_Init call succe...

Register For The 17th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference 2010
Registration for the Conference is open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates follow the link on that page. Note that this offer expires on September 26. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/schedule.html We have special social activites October 15, 2010 - Friday afternoon -- Tour of Fermilab Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, http://www.fnal.gov/ Tour signup is at the conference, Wednesday, Oct 13. A tour lasts about two hours and beg...

tcl application with tcl application

Tcl'2015 Conference - Oct 19-23
October 19 - 23, 2015 Registration is open http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/register.html Schedule http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/schedule.html -- So long, Andreas Kupries <akupries@shaw.ca> <http://core.tcl.tk/akupries/> Developer @ HP Enterprise Tcl'2015, Oct 19-23, Manassas, VA, USA, http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am sorry, Andreas, I will not attend. Great that Kevin Waltzer will come. I would appreciate, if the TIP process could be improved...

17th annual TCL/TK conference & call for papers
From http://tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/ Announcing the 17h Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2010), sponsored by The Tcl Association, with help from: Noumena Corporation, SR Technology, Buonacorsi Foundation, Mentor Graphics, and ActiveState. Call for papers info: http://tcl.tk/community/tcl2010/cfp.html I'm not part of the conference, but when they wrote to me to invite me to submit a paper, I told them I'd pass the info along. be gro0vy, tony -- http://www.baldwinsoftware.com ...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version""...

ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk Developer's Room at FOSDEM
The FOSDEM organizers have donated a developer's room for the Tcl/Tk community to use during the conference on Feb 21/22, 2004. We'll have space, beamer/laptop projector, network connection, black/white board, etc. I spoke at FOSDEM last year and the audience is open to discussing and working with Tcl/Tk. This is a great venue for publicizing what's going on with Tcl/Tk, brainstorming what we need, perhaps doing a short hack-a-thon. What we need is more folks committed to showing up and doing a show-and-tell. This is not a formal paper presentation, as is done at the Tcl-Europ...

Web resources about - Hotel Room Rate Reminder - 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) - comp.lang.tcl