how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)

hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology
which need to access prolog from tcl.

There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl
from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the
method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and
reload prolog).

So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this
problem?

Now I can only found one article to solve this
problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code,
but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any
response when I run the second command of its example---"%
prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main
-q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the
version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the
problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating
system is winXP.

I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve
this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl.
Thank you very much

0
emukang

I did not give up the solution of
(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38).
Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second
command(prolog::init) of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a
window, said that

Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly
Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly
while executing
"error "Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly""
(procedure "prolog::unexpectedPrologOutput" line 4)
invoked from within
"prolog::unexpectedPrologOutput fileb50590"

Then I changeed to run the command from tclsh.exe, the second
command can pass, but when I run the third command(prolog::prolog
assert(child(a,b)).), it also report error

% source c:/prolog.tcl
% prolog::init
% prolog::prolog assert(child(a,b)).
wrong # args: should be "close"
while executing
"close $interp"
(procedure "prolog::getPrologResults" line 6)
invoked from within
"prolog::getPrologResults file931988"

0
emukang
1/6/2005 1:17:41 AM
I tried the program under redhat linux, then it works without any
problem. I am strange why it can not run under winXP? is there any one
can solve this problem, because I have to do my project under windows

0
emukang
1/6/2005 7:19:21 PM
I have solved the problem.

the problem is in this line:
set prologInterp  [open "|c:/prolog/bin/plcon -s interp.pl -t main -q"
r+]

Originally I just copy interp.pl to the folder of c:/prolog/bin/ as I
think plcon could find interp.pl under the same folder, but it seems
that it can not find it and report error whne i run "prolog::init".
Today I add the path in front of interp.pl, then the problem has solved.

0
emukang

how to access prolog from tcl?
hi, dear friends, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any response when I run the second command of its example---"% prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main -q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating system is winXP. I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl. Thank you very much I did not give up the solution of (http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second command(prolog::init) of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a window, said that Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly while executing "error "Prolog interpreter clos...

Tcl interface with SWI-Prolog?
Hello all Does anyonw know if there a interface to invoque SWI-Prolog from tcl. Thanks in advance ...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

YouTube Playlist: Tcl/Tk Object Oriented Programming Using Itcl (incr Tcl) Lessons
Hi. Like I promised you hours ago.. The playlist in English : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ The same playlist in Arabic : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_91kA-iUz_5XGNmHzivHBG Enjoy! On Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 4:04:21 PM UTC+2, Rani Ahmad wrote: > Hi. > > Like I promised you hours ago.. > > The playlist in English : > > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsAEIIjTPIo_1qeuc-rYwk0nxWAM38Dl_ > > The same playlist in Arabic : > > https://www.youtube.com/playli...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don't know of newer ports. Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca ...

In Tcl and C++ code, how to use Tcl Command, such as exit?
In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, such as, exit. I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got nothing feedback. How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Thanx! vian1381@china.com.cn wrote: > In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control > all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands, > such as, exit. > > I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code, > I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got > nothing feedback. Your questions are hard to understand, but they suggest that you believe that setting a custom stdin channel will do some magic to establsh a prompt/read/eval loop. That is not the case. > How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work? Start with something that works, like the source code for tclsh, and adapt to your needs. Or post a followup and include more code examples to explain what you're doing and how it doesn't do what you expect. -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |_____________________________________...

Tcl+incr Tcl debuggers to use on command line?
Hi, Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Thanks On 10/11/14, 9:46 PM, kenneth.bull@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? > That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Well, the debugger in ActiveState's TDK does not need a bundled IDE and it works with [incr Tcl] -- but it is a GUI application not a command line one. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. L...

Will tcl 9 use epoll or kqueue for tcl?
curious http://luvit.io/ also check this out for web stuff done in lua but perhaps tcl can steal nice ideas On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:22:02 PM UTC-8, gavino_himself wrote: > curious > > > > http://luvit.io/ also check this out for web stuff done in lua but perhaps tcl can steal nice ideas cherokee uses them so gota be ast for events and cherokee outperforms nginx ...

tcl/tk unicode wie kann man formel/math. zeichen in tk unter tcl anzeigen lassen?
Hallo, ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen unabh�ngig? English summary for the rest of the world: sven.rega@gmx.de would like to use mathematical symbols like "mu" in Tk applications. He asks if Unicode is the solution and whether that works on all platforms. I assert that Unicode works since Tcl 8.1 and that UCN syntax like \u00B5 is the way to go with symbols hardcoded in Tcl scripts. I point him to "charmap.exe" (Windows), "Character Palette" (Mac OS X) or generically to <http://www.unicode.org> to find out the Unicode code points. ---------------- Hi, Versuch doch bitte beim n�chsten Mal auf Englisch zu fragen, sonst kann Dir nur ein Bruchteil der Leute hier folgen. sven.rega@gmx.de (xfan) writes: > ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und > vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch > mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit > welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? Ja, das funktioniert mit Unicode in Tcl seit Version 8.1. > funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen > unabh�ngig? Das ist die ...

Using Tcl/Tk as a user interface in a C program
Hi, i thought this question would come up every day, but i read this NG for a while and haven't seen it since. What i'd like to do is use Tcl/Tk in a standalone (linked against Tcl and/or Tk libs) C program. I'd like to open Windows and call Tcl scripts from C that handle the windows. I wouldn't like to have external scripts called, but i'd like to embed it in the C program. Has anybody got a short example for that (Linux / Windows)? Thanks for any hints, Torsten. MkTclApp is your friend: http://www.hwaci.com/sw/mktclapp/index.html Pretty simple, really. On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Torsten Mohr wrote: > Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:05:35 +0100 > From: Torsten Mohr <tmohr@s.netic.de> > Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl > Subject: Using Tcl/Tk as a user interface in a C program > > Hi, > > i thought this question would come up every day, but i read this > NG for a while and haven't seen it since. > > What i'd like to do is use Tcl/Tk in a standalone (linked against > Tcl and/or Tk libs) C program. > > I'd like to open Windows and call Tcl scripts from C that handle > the windows. I wouldn't like to have external scripts called, but > i'd like to embed it in the C program. > > Has anybody got a short example for that (Linux / Windows)? > > > Thanks for any hints, > Torsten. > > * Torsten Mohr <tmohr@s.netic.de> | I'd like to open Windows and call Tcl sc...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

tcl application with tcl application

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to support other researchers in their work. To get completely rid of Tcl, they even started to reimplement all things, I wrote in Tcl in Python just to have it in a language, that most of them know (which is a good decision on the one hand, but on the other hand, I think, it would be better to simply learn Tcl ;-), which made me a little bit sad. Now there is a new collegue who has to maintain some of the things I wrote. Comming from Perl he wasn't exactly enthusiastic when he heard, that he must maintain my old code in such an obscure language.. Two weeks ago, I got mail from him. He's just studying a complex system of scripts that are used for a sandboxed build system for source code which comes from external untrusted source and must be compiled and tested. Of course it's written in Tcl (and some bash-Scripting). He told me, that although he has never looked at Tcl before,...

Web resources about - how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog) - comp.lang.tcl

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia for iOS updated w/ redesigned interface, 3D Touch, Handoff & more
... released an update to its iOS app that adds a host of new features and capabilities. The latest version of the app offers a redesigned interface ...

Waze 4.0 unveiled with revamped user interface
... post, Waze has uploaded a video straight to YouTube to tell us what’s new. Basically, we are looking at a complete refresh to the user interface, ...

LibreOffice 5.1 reorganizes user interface, reduces start-up times
... 5.1 32-bit . It comes just under six months after version 5.0 debuted back in August yet unveils some major changes to the user interface as ...

Industrial IoT still needs humans and user interfaces
IoT is getting more automated, but not everything can be done by machines. An engineer who's been working with a system for decades has insights ...

Software brings your PC's entire interface to VR
Virtual reality faces numerous challenges, but one of the biggest is having to take your headset off whenever you need to run a conventional ...

LibreOffice 5.1 Offers Reorganized User Interface for Its Apps
LibreOffice 5.1, the latest iteration of the open-source office suite, adds new user interface elements. We examine highlights of the release. ...

AMD is supposedly planning a 32-core CPU with an eight-channel DDR4 interface
AMD may be planning a new 32-core server CPU once Zen launches but whether that's a good thing or not depends on whether its an Intel bunker ...

Hints Of Apple's Futuristic iPhone Interface Revealed
The US Patent Office has released a batch of patents assigned to Apple, and one of them details a new way of identifying yourself and allowing ...

Where is that sound coming from? Signal Interface’s acoustic imager will show you
... industrial site pinpoints sound coming from a passing truck as well as from equipment on the other side of a buildling. (Credit: Signal Interface ...