how to access prolog from tcl?

hi, dear friends,

I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology
which need to access prolog from tcl.

There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl
from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the
method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and
reload prolog).

So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this
problem?

Now I can only found one article to solve this
problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code,
but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any
response when I run the second command of its example---"%
prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main
-q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the
version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the
problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating
system is winXP.

I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve
this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl.
Thank you very much

0
emukang

I did not give up the solution of
(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38).
Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second
command(prolog::init)  of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a
window, said that

Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly
Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly
while executing
"error "Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly""
(procedure "prolog::unexpectedPrologOutput" line 4)
invoked from within
"prolog::unexpectedPrologOutput fileb50590"

   Then I changeed to run the command from tclsh.exe, the second
command can pass, but when I run the third command(prolog::prolog
assert(child(a,b)).), it also report error

% source c:/prolog.tcl
% prolog::init
% prolog::prolog assert(child(a,b)).
wrong # args: should be "close"
while executing
"close $interp"
(procedure "prolog::getPrologResults" line 6)
invoked from within
"prolog::getPrologResults file931988"

0
emukang
1/6/2005 1:06:43 AM
emukang napisał(a):
>    Then I changeed to run the command from tclsh.exe, the second
> command can pass, but when I run the third command(prolog::prolog
> assert(child(a,b)).), it also report error

Try changing 'close $interp' to 'close' or '::close $interp'. Both will
probably work.

--
WK
thank you very much for your reply, I did what you suggest(changed two

for the others, the full question is
here(http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_frm/thread/d48d033527889214)

0
emukang

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any response when I run the second command of its example---"% prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main -q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating system is winXP. I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl. Thank you very much I did not give up the solution of (http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second command(prolog::init) of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a window, said that Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly while executing "error "Prolog interpreter closed unexpect...

Komodo: Accessing widgets in the auto generated _ui.tcl from the associated .tcl file
I am using Komodo. I created a text widget and want to insert some text into it. The below is my ui.tcl file (ie. Dialog_ui.tcl). In my Dialog.tcl file I want to have access to the $base._text_log widget, so I can insert text into it. For eg. I've tried: ::Dialog::._text_log insert end "hello world!" And other variations, but have not succeeded. This seems to be something trivial, but I can't seem to figure it out. I also tried to get to the BASE variable, but was also unsuccessful. I guess my understanding of namespaces isn't correct. Is it even possible? Help is very very much appreciated. Thank you! # Below is the gui code in Dialog_ui.tcl # Declare the namespace for this dialog namespace eval Dialog {} package require Tk # Dialog::ui -- # # Create the UI for this dialog. # # ARGS: # root the parent window for this form # args a catch-all for other args, but none are expected # proc Dialog::ui {root args} { # this handles '.' as a special case set base [expr {($root == ".") ? "" : $root}] variable ROOT $root variable BASE $base # Widget Initialization text $base._text_log \ -height 0 \ -width 0 \ -xscrollcommand [namespace code [list _text_log_xscrollcommand]] \ -yscrollcommand [namespace code [list _text_log_yscrollcommand]] # Geometry Management grid $base._text_log -in $root -row 1 -column 1 \ -columnspan 1 \ -ipadx 0 \ -ip...

tcl application with tcl application

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to support other researchers in their work. To get completely rid of Tcl, they even started to reimplement all things, I wrote in Tcl in Python just to have it in a language, that most of them know (which is a good decision on the one hand, but on the other hand, I think, it would be better to simply learn Tcl ;-), which made me a little bit sad. Now there is a new collegue who has to maintain some of the things I wrote. Comming from Perl he wasn't exactly enthusiastic when he heard, that he must maintain my old code in such an obscure language.. Two weeks ago, I got mail from him. He's just studying a complex system of scripts that are used for a sandboxed build system for source code which comes from external untrusted source and must be compiled and tested. Of course it's written in Tcl (and some bash-Scripting). He told me, that although he has never looked at Tcl before,...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

Inline::Tcl vs. Inline::Tcl
The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > This sentence seems to suggest that there is another module named Inline::Tcl somewhere. Is this true, and if so, where can I find it? Mumia W. wrote: > The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > > > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > > > > This sentence seems to suggest ...

MS Dictation and TCL
I'm trying to use the MS dictation tool while in TCL 8.5 program. The text starts to appear, but then the program crashes. It would be great to find a way to make this work. Thanks! Barney Tcl 8.5 (wish 8.5) makeindex (12/14/2007) MSWinXP sp3 plenty of ram and storage ...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

[TCL] diff type operations in TCL
I didn't see anything in tcllib and thus far haven't turned up anything that looks like it will work. I would like to know if there is a TCL package, or already written procedure, that will do a simple diff of two files and tell me if they're the same or if they have differences. Is there anything like this? --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. Andrew Falanga wrote: > I didn't see anything in tcllib and thus far haven't turned up anything > that looks like it will work. I would like to know if there is a TCL > package, or already written procedure, that will do a simple diff of two > files and tell me if they're the same or if they have differences. > > Is there anything like this? If all you want to know is if they are different, then: set fd [open $file1 r] set f1 [read $fd] close $fd set fd [open $file2 r] set f2 [read $fd] close $fd if {[string equal $f1 $f2]} then { puts "'$file1' and '$file2' are the same." } else { puts "'$file1' and '$file2' are different." } -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester ...

Tcl extension: check Tcl version?
Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking the extension? Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using package require). A number of newly provided commands work well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time version and run-time version are identical? Or does this indicate some subtle coding problem? Thanks for any suggestions Olaf Olaf Dietrich wrote: > Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension > is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking > the extension? > > Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that > I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be > loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using > package require). A number of newly provided commands work > well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and > wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. > > Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time > version and run-time version are identical? Or does this > indicate some subtle coding problem? Not subtle. Major problem. DO NOT DO THAT. If you want to be loadable across mult...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

[TCL] multi-threaded tcl apps
Hi, Where can one find complete documentation on the ttrace package to the Thread package? I'd like to know what commands are available in ttrace and how to use them. --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. If you wish to e-mail me, the address consists of a dot between my first and last names (excluding my middle initial). The rest is accurate. Also, note, responses must be within the given context of messages I've posted to usenet. If it's not, I WILL NOT RESPOND! ...

dynamic call of tcl proc from tcl
Hello, I would like to invoce a tcl proc from a line of tcl where I have a proc name and a list variable of arguments. eg. % callproc $procName $argList where: ..callproc - TCL Procedure for dynamically calling procedures ..procName - Name of procedure to be called in a string ..argList - List of Arguments My goal is to avoid creating a procedure call as a string and evaluating it as there are many potential pitfalls with using evals in such a way. Thanks, JsD Java script Dude wrote: > I would like to invoce a tcl proc from a line of tcl where I have a > proc name and a list variable of arguments. > > eg. % callproc $procName $argList > > where: > .callproc - TCL Procedure for dynamically calling procedures > .procName - Name of procedure to be called in a string > .argList - List of Arguments Except for error/exception handling, the answer is: proc callproc {cmd argList} { uplevel 1 [linsert $argList 0 $cmd] } -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://math.nist.gov/~DPorter/ NIST | |______________________________________________________________________| [; Thanks Don ;] ...

Web resources about - how to access prolog from tcl? - comp.lang.tcl

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Google launches the Android Beta Program, gives you easy OTA access to Android N
Google has now — as promised — just launched the Android Beta Program. With this program (much like similar programs from Apple), you can enroll ...

Feature Request: Messages for Mac needs quick photo sharing access like iOS
When Apple posted the Messages Beta for the Mac over four years ago, I knew I would feel right at home. iChat was long overdue for an upgrade, ...

FBI makes clandestine changes to rules governing access to NSA data
A secret court accepted changes to the rules governing the FBI's access to NSA data about US citizen's international emails and phone activity. ...

Amazon's CTO wants to make it impossible for anyone else to access your data — including him
... Web Services), is in no doubt about the benefits of encryption. "We really want to be in the position where only the customer has access to ...

Decreased Access to Goods and Services Is a Curse, Not a Blessing
(Don Boudreaux) Tweet This letter is to an e-mail correspondent who once owned a small metals-processing firm in Missouri. Mr. Jack O’Toole ...

Electric Cars Get HOV Lane Access In British Columbia
... by the authorities there. There’s apparently a caveat, though, that this only applies so long as [&hellip Electric Cars Get HOV Lane Access ...

Experts warn that 'chip off' plan to access terrorist's iPhone is risky
The iPhone 5c at the center of the legal battle between Apple and the FBI might be accessible through a delicate hardware technique, but experts ...

Capital One Will Let Customers Pay Bills, Access Account Info Using Amazon Echo
... can ask Alexa to order you a pizza and get more laundry detergent, and soon, Capital One customers who own an Amazon Echo will be able to access ...

Nearly 500 Fired Nuke Regulators Still Have ‘Unauthorized’ Facility Access
'A span of time when NRC security does not know that a contractor no longer requires access'