how to get tcl-httpd running on winxp with active tcl?

or websh
or rivet

frustrated

rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore
websh not work with windows
so I guess tcl-httpd?
I want to try some tcl web builnin''...

help

0
bootiack (360)

gavino schrieb:
> or websh
> or rivet
>
> frustrated
>
> rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore
> websh not work with windows
> so I guess tcl-httpd?
> I want to try some tcl web builnin''...

Tclhttp or Wub are options..., or getting Tcl cgi running under IIS or
any other webserver.

What kind of things do you want to play with?

Michael
0
schlenk (1615)
9/24/2006 1:17:50 PM
gavino wrote:
> or websh
> or rivet
>
> frustrated
>
> rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore
> websh not work with windows
> so I guess tcl-httpd?
> I want to try some tcl web builnin''...
>
> help

http://wiki.tcl.tk/15722

The above leads you to a single file executable that is tclhttpd. I
think it's impossible to make it any easier than that :-)

--
Bryan Oakley
http://www.tclscripting.com
gavino wrote:
> or websh
> or rivet
>
> frustrated
>
> rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore
> websh not work with windows
> so I guess tcl-httpd?
> I want to try some tcl web builnin''...

If you have ActiveState Tcl installed, then unzip the tclhttpd 3.5.1
somewhere and double click on ...\tclhttpd3.5.1\bin\httpd.tcl

If you have been attempting to run it and having problems, please tell us
what the problems are (it is impolite to use our mind reading problems to
see what the problems are).

--
+--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
| Gerald W. Lester                                                       |
<oakley@bardo.clearlight.com> wrote:

>gavino wrote:
>> or websh
>> or rivet
>>
>> frustrated
>>
>> rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore
>> websh not work with windows
>> so I guess tcl-httpd?
>> I want to try some tcl web builnin''...
>>
>> help
>>

>http://wiki.tcl.tk/15722
>
>The above leads you to a single file executable that is tclhttpd. I
>think it's impossible to make it any easier than that :-)

i have been running tclhttpd.exe and it works fine.  Is there
a way to avoid to have to give a user name and password ?
thanks you in advance for information
jerome

0
suchodj (215)
9/24/2006 8:38:02 PM
gavino wrote:
> or websh
> or rivet
>
> frustrated
>
> rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore
> websh not work with windows
> so I guess tcl-httpd?
> I want to try some tcl web builnin''...
>
> help

There is a link on the wiki (lookup websh) with a beta version DLL that
you can use on Windows. Hopefully when websh goes gold they will
distribute a binary as well.

Robert

P.S. It would be nice for ActiveState to include something like Rivet
or Websh for easy web programming with Tcl. XOTcl also has a framework
they are working on as well (ActiWeb).

0
sigzero (1319)

wub and wibble an tcl-httpd, and running tcl powered websites
whats the latest? can wub or wibble handle e commerce? node and mojolicious are trumpeting about epoll based eventy stuff hasnt aolserver and naviserver bene doing this for long time? would postgresql 9.3 and new aolserver/naviserver be competitive with say nginx and php-fpm? concurrency performance wise? extra credit if you can show me a website pwoered by tcl I can blog on thanks guys keep up awesome work, wow skip lists and all kinda things in tcllib does this mean you could build a tcl database like mongodb or redis? just using tcl and channels betwene boxes? is there...

how to debug tcl running under tcl interep in C++ exe
Hi: I have a C++ exe, which has a tcl interep and loads some tcl files. The exe throws a tcl shell to user where user enters tcl scripts. I want to debug the tcl files while these exe runs. Is there any way/debugger to do this? Regards --Sourav Sourav Sircar schrieb: > Hi: > I have a C++ exe, which has a tcl interep and loads some tcl files. > The exe throws a tcl shell to user where user enters tcl scripts. > I want to debug the tcl files while these exe runs. Is there any > way/debugger to do this? > Regards > --Sourav You could probably load the comm package from tcllib and attach tkcon, tkinspect or one of the other debuggers/consoles to the running interpreter. See http://wiki.tcl.tk/4003 for an overview whats available for debugging. Michael Hi Michael: Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestion in the following way 1. In a shell i started my exe and loaded comm package. It gave me a comm port number 2. In another shell i started tkcon 3. Now i try to attach my exe to tkcon, i use "tkcon attach <comm port>" inside tkcon but it says no interep found. Could you please suggest how should i attach my exe to tkcon? Regards --Sourav sourav.k.sircar@gmail.com schrieb: > Hi Michael: > Thanks for your help. > I tried your suggestion in the following way > > 1. In a shell i started my exe and loaded comm package. It gave me a > comm port number > 2. In another shell i started tk...

tcl application with tcl application

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to support other researchers in their work. To get completely rid of Tcl, they even started to reimplement all things, I wrote in Tcl in Python just to have it in a language, that most of them know (which is a good decision on the one hand, but on the other hand, I think, it would be better to simply learn Tcl ;-), which made me a little bit sad. Now there is a new collegue who has to maintain some of the things I wrote. Comming from Perl he wasn't exactly enthusiastic when he heard, that he must maintain my old code in such an obscure language.. Two weeks ago, I got mail from him. He's just studying a complex system of scripts that are used for a sandboxed build system for source code which comes from external untrusted source and must be compiled and tested. Of course it's written in Tcl (and some bash-Scripting). He told me, that although he has never looked at Tcl before,...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

TCL web server running TCL Server pages (.tsp)
I have been using TCL server pages (running on tclhttpd) for over 10 years= for various things like database front-ends, Server side Windows managemen= t(tcl/vbscript(WMI) and Access), and recently a client side Smartphone port= al(tcl/javascript). I am curious if others are using TCL Server pages and f= or what purpose? For intranet usage I recently used tclhttpd to provide vnc (tightvnc &fvwm) sessions to legacy X11 applications, database interfaces, Excel/csv files and PDF documents on request. http://bu4.taipudex.com/pinyin.htm is a dictionary trial By the way http://w3tech...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

mojolicious and realtime web, events getting thier do? does tcl do this ? when tcl be epoll based?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRWzhJDyHB8 ...

[TCL] multi-threaded tcl apps
Hi, Where can one find complete documentation on the ttrace package to the Thread package? I'd like to know what commands are available in ttrace and how to use them. --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. If you wish to e-mail me, the address consists of a dot between my first and last names (excluding my middle initial). The rest is accurate. Also, note, responses must be within the given context of messages I've posted to usenet. If it's not, I WILL NOT RESPOND! ...

Inline::Tcl vs. Inline::Tcl
The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > This sentence seems to suggest that there is another module named Inline::Tcl somewhere. Is this true, and if so, where can I find it? Mumia W. wrote: > The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > > > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > > > > This sentence seems to suggest ...

[TCL] diff type operations in TCL
I didn't see anything in tcllib and thus far haven't turned up anything that looks like it will work. I would like to know if there is a TCL package, or already written procedure, that will do a simple diff of two files and tell me if they're the same or if they have differences. Is there anything like this? --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. Andrew Falanga wrote: > I didn't see anything in tcllib and thus far haven't turned up anything > that looks like it will work. I would like to know if there is a TCL > package, or already written procedure, that will do a simple diff of two > files and tell me if they're the same or if they have differences. > > Is there anything like this? If all you want to know is if they are different, then: set fd [open $file1 r] set f1 [read $fd] close $fd set fd [open $file2 r] set f2 [read $fd] close $fd if {[string equal $f1 $f2]} then { puts "'$file1' and '$file2' are the same." } else { puts "'$file1' and '$file2' are different." } -- +--------------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester ...

Tcl extension: check Tcl version?
Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking the extension? Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using package require). A number of newly provided commands work well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time version and run-time version are identical? Or does this indicate some subtle coding problem? Thanks for any suggestions Olaf Olaf Dietrich wrote: > Is there a recommended way to check if a (binary) Tcl extension > is loaded to the same Tcl version that was used for linking > the extension? > > Currently I'm encountering a problem with an extension that > I have built (and linked) with libtk8.3.so and that can be > loaded under wish8.5 as well (without re-bulding, using > package require). A number of newly provided commands work > well in spite of the version mixture, but others don't, and > wish8.5 crashes when these commands are used. > > Is this behavior normal, i.e. should I check that compile-time > version and run-time version are identical? Or does this > indicate some subtle coding problem? Not subtle. Major problem. DO NOT DO THAT. If you want to be loadable across mult...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

Web resources about - how to get tcl-httpd running on winxp with active tcl? - comp.lang.tcl