In Tcl and C++ code, how to use Tcl Command, such as exit?

In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control
all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands,
such as, exit.

I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code,
I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got
nothing feedback.

How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work?

Thanx!

0
vian1381 (8)

vian1381@china.com.cn wrote:
> In my code, i used Tcl_SetStdChannel(0, STDIN) and a thread to control
> all input and output from Tcl, but i want to use some of Tcl' Commands,
> such as, exit.
>
> I used Tcl_Eval() then, but the Tcl command seem invisible in my code,
> I typed a string in command prompt, such as "AAAAA", and Enter, got
> nothing feedback.

Your questions are hard to understand, but they suggest that you
believe that setting a custom stdin channel will do some magic to
establsh a prompt/read/eval loop.  That is not the case.

> How can i do to get these Tcl Commands work?

Start with something that works, like the source code for tclsh,
and adapt to your needs.

Or post a followup and include more code examples to explain
what you're doing and how it doesn't do what you expect.

--
| Don Porter          Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division |
| donald.porter@nist.gov             Information Technology Laboratory |

following tcl command execution from C/C++ code to tcl in gdb
Hi, We have a C/C++ huge application that makes heavy use of tcl C bindings. We frequently have very long stack traces from within gdb/dbx that look like this: #7 0x0d0aac7d in TclObjInterpProc (clientData=0x12857160, interp=0x10924df8, objc=6, objv=0x15138a40) at ../generic/tclProc.c:1146 #8 0x0d043dc6 in TclEvalObjvInternal (interp=0x10924df8, objc=6, objv=0x15138a40, command=0xe0c1382 "", length=0, flags=262144) at ../generic/tclBasic.c:3087 #9 0x0d044045 in Tcl_EvalObjv (interp=0x10924df8, objc=6, objv=0x15138a40, flags=262144) at ../generic/tclBasic.c:3203 This is just a very small part of what can be a very long stack trace. Now by poking around I can see that in gdb I can print *objv[0] to see the first word of a command but this is painful. What we really want is a way to see what Tcl commands are being executed either while the program is running or easily from the stack trace. Can you run gdb as well as a Tcl debugger at the same time? Seems unlikely. How are people systematically tracing the execution of Tcl commands that are called from C/++ bindings? Thanks. foobarbaz99@hotmail.com wrote: > How are people systematically tracing the execution of Tcl commands > that are called from C/++ bindings? Are you familiar with Tcl_CreateObjTrace() ? Does it accomplish what you need? -- | Don Porter Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division | | donald.porter@nist.gov Information Technology Laboratory | | http://mat...

TCL C API: receiving command from a script or from tcl command line ?
Hello, TCL allows to run commands from commandl line or from within a script file thanks to the command "source filename". I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my own commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script or directly from the shell ? Thanks, Fabrice Hi Fabrice, "fabrice" writes: > I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my > own commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script > or directly from the shell ? You can look at the variable tcl_interactive to distinguish the two modes. Note: It usually seems not a good idea to change the behaviour of your functions between use in a program (production mode) and interactive use (usually for experimentation and debugging). It's confusing for the users and it may make it difficult or impossible to reproduce some kinds of problems interactively. If you want to add more debug output in interactive mode, you can always add additional commands and flags for that purpose. benny fabrice wrote: > Hello, > > TCL allows to run commands from commandl line or from within a script > file thanks to the command "source filename". > > I used TCL C API to embed my own commands. My question is : from my own > commands, how can I know whether it was called from the script or > directly from the shell ? You could look at how the 'tcl_interactive' variable is set up and u...

l'C program executing from a tcl script with pipe opened using open command in Tcl
Hi all, I wanted to communicate with a C program from a Tcl script.. The test code i have written is below Both the 'C' program and Tcl script are located in the same directory. The 'C' program is below. I have named it CTCL.C #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { int i; char c[30]; printf("Reading..."); scanf("%s",c); printf("String read is :%s\n",c); fflush(stdout); return 0; } I have compiled the program with the command cc CTCL.C -o ctcl So the executable was generated with the name 'ctcl' The Tcl script I have written is. I have named it TCLPIPETEST.tcl #!/usr/add-on/exptools/bin/tclsh set fd [open "|./ctcl" r+] gets $fd tmp1 puts "tmp1 = $tmp1" set stat 0 set tmp2 "Default value... " if { ![catch { puts $fd "abcdef" } res]} { if { ![catch { flush $fd } res] } { if { ![catch { gets $fd tmp2} res ] } { set stat 1 } else { puts "Error 'gets' from pipe : $res" } } else { puts "Error 'flush' from pipe:$res " } } else { puts "Error 'puts' from pipe:$res " } if { $stat == 1 } { puts "Success......:$tmp2 :)" } else { puts "Failure......:$tmp2 :(" } I have given all permissions for both the files above. When i execute the Tcl script My aim is to open a pipe with the 'C' executable 'ctcl', initially read so...

Tcl+incr Tcl debuggers to use on command line?
Hi, Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Thanks On 10/11/14, 9:46 PM, kenneth.bull@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know of incr Tcl supported debuggers that work on command line? > That is, without needing bundling with IDEs? Well, the debugger in ActiveState's TDK does not need a bundled IDE and it works with [incr Tcl] -- but it is a GUI application not a command line one. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. L...

adding events to tcl queue, or using variables and traces (C and TCL)
I'm writing simple testing framework for embedded application. The application is written on C language and runs on microchip PIC microcontroller normally. To test application I made the following: * hardware depended code was picked out from main source and written to separate source files (module_hal.c for example); * two build mode for program: for microchip PIC, using *_hal.c files dealing with real hardware, or for PC, where *_hal.c files contain hardware simulation code and bindings to TCL-commands. Then program was build for PC, I can using TCL commands change input signal states for simulated hardware, for example, or view output signal states. But I need some method to call tcl callback procedure when output signal changes state. I see two methods to achieve this: * map signal state to variable, and then use 'trace' command to bind tcl-scripts to state change events; * add new events to tcl event queue, as described here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/17195 Which method can be more preferable and why? In case if signal state changes too fast, and if I use variable trace, my callback will be called on every state change -- I think it is serious drawback of first method. With second method I can add only one event to queue, and add second only if first event is processed. But as I see, second method requires more complex code in C (now I wrote this code and see it as serious drawback too). May be exists some other methods to call tcl-callbacks on even...

How does the Tcl interpret handle results returned from C-created Tcl commands ?
I've ventured on creating a Tcl command trough a C routine. I've followed the manual guidelines. My C routine checks the validity of a selected option for the currently displayed histogram. Therefore it returns a Boolean value that, according to the C <-> Tcl communucation protocol, I have encoded as TCL_ERROR (= FALSE) and TCL_OK (TRUE). WHenthis command is called in a Tcl proc, the interpreter is supposed to perform two different actions according to the returned Boolean value. How can I fetch this returned Boolean result (TCL_ERROR/ TCL_OK) from the Tcl proc that executes the C-created command ? What if I wrote 1 (FALSE) or 0 (TRUE) in a string and have the C routine return this 1-character string ? Would it be easier to get the result of the teest from the caling TCL proc ? Please, find in the following the code that implements (according to my best resolution) the C-created command and the callind Tcl proc. Thank you, Maura ************************************************************************************************************* * C routine * ************************************************************************************************************* static int check_hist_aint_option_cb( ClientData clientData, Tcl_Interp *interp, int argc, char *argv[] ) { int i; if ( hg.active_ &...

TCL/TCL combined with Java/C/C++, Any Recommendations?
Hi, I have an application that I wrote in TCL/TK. It has to work with big files +5GB. The parsing performace is not where I would like and some of the data manipulations are taking considerable amount of time due to the data size. Therefore I am considering switching these parts of the code to Java, C or C++. While keepting the GUI and GUI supporting code in TCL/TK at this time. I am trying to figure out which language will be easier to merge with TCL in an application. For C I know that I can compile and generate a .so or .dll and create a TCL package and load it. I believe this is done with SWIG but I have not done it. In Java I saw some info on Jacl and TclBlend. The application will be "compiled" into a TCL "executable". I know I can compile my TCL code into Byte code to protect the IP. I am not sure about Java. Any recommendations or pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Frank Frank <kranfg@gmail.com> writes: > Hi, > > I have an application that I wrote in TCL/TK. It has to work with big files +5GB. > > The parsing performace is not where I would like and some of the data manipulations are taking considerable amount of time due to the data size. > > Therefore I am considering switching these parts of the code to Java, C or C++. While keepting the GUI and GUI supporting code in TCL/TK at this time. > > I am trying to figure out which language will be easier to ...

tcl code to read an image and write tcl code?
Does anyone know where I can find a tcl proc that would take an image, say a gif, and output pure tcl code that I could paste into a program? I saw something about a unix program that did something with mimes but I'm on windows. In article <4403BC94.447A7341@rocketship1.com>, Eric Taylor <et2@rocketship1.com> wrote: > > >Does anyone know where I can find a tcl proc >that would take an image, say a gif, and output >pure tcl code that I could paste into a program? > >I saw something about a unix program that did >something with mimes but I'm on windows. > > I think TkProE (http://tkproe.sourceforge.net) can do this. A quick look suggests that the procs TP_ImageToData & TP_ImageEncode might do what you want. Ted Eric Taylor wrote: > Does anyone know where I can find a tcl proc > that would take an image, say a gif, and output > pure tcl code that I could paste into a program? > > I saw something about a unix program that did > something with mimes but I'm on windows. > > Something like this ought to be pretty close (untested, but I think it's pretty close). It requires the base64 package from tcllib: package require base64 proc main {} { global argv set file [lindex $argv 0] set fd [open $file r] set rawdata [read $fd] close $fd set b64data [base64::encode $rawdata] puts "image create photo -data {\n$b64data\n}" } mai...

How to use Tcl for c code testing using VxWorks
This is Harika. I would like to know how to use tcl in c for testing, in VxWorks operating system. If possible give me example. I have written for unit level testing but iam getting error saying that interep is not found. But i have to do for automation absolutely. Let me know does Expect is necessary for automation. I didn't get Explore Expect book in chennai.I would be so thank full if any one do favour for me. Awaiting for the reply, Thanking you. In article <1176120872.799611.271860@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, Harika <harika.it@gmail.com> wrote: >This is Harika. I would like to know how to use tcl in c for testing, >in VxWorks operating system. If possible give me example. I have >written for unit level testing but iam getting error saying that >interep is not found. But i have to do for automation absolutely. Let >me know does Expect is necessary for automation. I didn't get Explore >Expect book in chennai.I would be so thank full if any one do favour >for me. . . . Tcl is quite handy for testing <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/testing >. While Expect is widely used in testing, and has been very successful in that role, it is not necessary, as the URL above will explain. For unit testing of the sort you seem to be targetting, SWIG <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/swig > might be helpful. ...

Writing new tcl command using c or c++?
Can anyone help me to write new command that can be used in tcl shell using c or c++ code. Himanshu Gupta <himanshulkce@gmail.com> wrote: > Can anyone help me to write new command that can be used in tcl shell > using c or c++ code. Start here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/9849 and here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/21007, read these and then follow and read the links to the other pages from the above two. On Monday, 5 January 2015 14:12:44 UTC+5:30, Himanshu Gupta wrote: > Can anyone help me to write new command that can be used in tcl shell using c or c++ code. Thankyou... On M...

A problem when using SWIG to integrate C code into TCL code
Hi all, I met the folowing error when using SWIG to integrate C code into TCL code, can somebody help me? Thanks a lot! 1. First I created a file named fun.c: double myfun(int n) { double res=1.0; int j; for (j=1;j<=n;j++) res *= j; return(res); } 2. I created a interface file named fun.i: %module myfun extern double myfun(int); 3. I run the following command and two new files were created: swig -tcl fract.i 4. build the object file gcc -c fun.c fun_wrap.c gcc -shared -o myfun.so fun.o fun_wrap.o 5. In my TCL file, add the following command: ..... load ./myfun.so; .......

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

Tcl Book that explains tcl C API?
Hi! I am looking for material that explains the tcl C API in order to: - Embed Tcl into a C application. - Extend Tcl to add new commands in C. Does Tcl and Tk Toolkit (2nd Edition) by Ken Jones and John Ousterhout do a good job explain these topics in depth? Thanks! Asif wrote: > Hi! > > I am looking for material that explains the tcl C API in order to: > > - Embed Tcl into a C application. > - Extend Tcl to add new commands in C. > > Does Tcl and Tk Toolkit (2nd Edition) by Ken Jones and John Ousterhout do > a good job explain these topics in depth? > > Thanks! can help you cheap:; http://freecomputerbooks.com/langTclBooks.html -- -- -- What's on Shortwave guide: choose an hour, go! http://shortwave.tk 700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk 300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk marc wrote: > Asif wrote: > >> Hi! >> >> I am looking for material that explains the tcl C API in order to: >> >> - Embed Tcl into a C application. >> - Extend Tcl to add new commands in C. >> >> Does Tcl and Tk Toolkit (2nd Edition) by Ken Jones and John Ousterhout do >> a good job explain these topics in depth? >> >> Thanks! > > > can help you cheap:; > http://freecomputerbooks.com/langTclBooks.html Would you really trust a site which *PRESUMES* the whole world uses their preferred settings and the heck with the visually imperfect. The resu...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script? #2
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? You're probably looking for the "source" command. Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The command "load" is for binary shared libraries. -- Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best." Thanks Darren. But what my need is that I am writing a tcl script which is going to take any tcl script as input and should return the output of the file. How can I do that? Regards, Prabu Darren New wrote: > prabu wrote: > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > You're probably looking for the "source" command. > > Other commands of interest would be "package require" or "eval". The > command "load" is for binary shared libraries. > > -- > Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST) > Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans, > and a three-day beard are "Sunday Best." On 17 Dec 2006 21:16:16 -0800, "prabu" <catchme.prabu@gmail.com> wrote: > Thanks Dar...

How to exit from currently running Tcl command in C++
I have added a new command to Tcl which performs some task by calling a C++ function fun(). % newcmd do_something The .so is loaded which has fun(). If a signal say SIGINT(Ctrl C) occurs, I am handling it and freeing memery, the signal handler is in the same .so. Now I want to come out of the Tcl command and do not want to continue the execution in fun(). How can I do this? I think if there is any Tcl API which I can call at the end in the signal handler. Thanks san wrote: > I have added a new command to Tcl which performs some task by calling a > C++ function fun(). > % newcmd do_something > The .so is loaded which has fun(). > If a signal say SIGINT(Ctrl C) occurs, I am handling it and freeing > memery, the signal handler is in the same .so. Now I want to come out > of the Tcl command and do not want to continue the execution in fun(). > How can I do this? > I think if there is any Tcl API which I can call at the end in the > signal handler. > > Thanks > At opportune points in the execution of the script that calls fun(), give yourself an exit path by, for example, checking a global variable. Tcl_AsyncMark is all about the yield. You must allow it to yield. proc Do7 {} { global dontStop set dontStop true while {$dontStop} { for {set r 255;set g 0;set b 0} {$g<256 && $dontStop} {incr g} { DoEllipse $r $g $b [expr {0.0+((double($g)/255)*60)}] } incr g -1 for {} {$r > -1 && $dontStop...

Will tcl 9 use epoll or kqueue for tcl?
curious http://luvit.io/ also check this out for web stuff done in lua but perhaps tcl can steal nice ideas On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 3:22:02 PM UTC-8, gavino_himself wrote: > curious > > > > http://luvit.io/ also check this out for web stuff done in lua but perhaps tcl can steal nice ideas cherokee uses them so gota be ast for events and cherokee outperforms nginx ...

how to debug tcl running under tcl interep in C++ exe
Hi: I have a C++ exe, which has a tcl interep and loads some tcl files. The exe throws a tcl shell to user where user enters tcl scripts. I want to debug the tcl files while these exe runs. Is there any way/debugger to do this? Regards --Sourav Sourav Sircar schrieb: > Hi: > I have a C++ exe, which has a tcl interep and loads some tcl files. > The exe throws a tcl shell to user where user enters tcl scripts. > I want to debug the tcl files while these exe runs. Is there any > way/debugger to do this? > Regards > --Sourav You could probably load the comm package from tcllib and attach tkcon, tkinspect or one of the other debuggers/consoles to the running interpreter. See http://wiki.tcl.tk/4003 for an overview whats available for debugging. Michael Hi Michael: Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestion in the following way 1. In a shell i started my exe and loaded comm package. It gave me a comm port number 2. In another shell i started tkcon 3. Now i try to attach my exe to tkcon, i use "tkcon attach <comm port>" inside tkcon but it says no interep found. Could you please suggest how should i attach my exe to tkcon? Regards --Sourav sourav.k.sircar@gmail.com schrieb: > Hi Michael: > Thanks for your help. > I tried your suggestion in the following way > > 1. In a shell i started my exe and loaded comm package. It gave me a > comm port number > 2. In another shell i started tk...

Web resources about - In Tcl and C++ code, how to use Tcl Command, such as exit? - comp.lang.tcl

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How to free up RAM from the command line
... is using more RAM than it should, then there is one small and very simple tool which might be able to help. Empty Standby List is a free command ...

Space graffiti discovered inside Apollo 11 command module
Workers at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum uncover astronauts' scribbles that haven't been seen for 40 years.

3 command line tips OS X users need
... and troubleshooting features every Mac user should get to know. Many of these tools require use of the Terminal app . This is a command line ...

Alexa Surprises Amazon Echo Owners By Obeying Commands She Heard On The Radio
... direct the Amazon Echo’s Alexa to turn down the smart lights, what happens if the digital personal assistant starts hearing other voices commanding ...

This simple command will keep your Mac apps bleeding edge
Here’s a surprising fact: by default, OS X only checks for software updates once a week. That’s shockingly infrequent, considering the fact that ...

Barbie's new Dreamhouse goes full IoT with voice commands
Last year, Mattel debuted its WiFi-enabled Hello Barbie to make playtime a bit more interactive. A connected doll needs an internet-friendly ...

Command-And-Control Management Is For Dinosaurs
Is your company stuck in Command-and-Control Management?

Watch Scott Kelly Relinquish Command of the International Space Station
As America braces itself for another seven months of bickering over which suited flesh puppet most deserves to lead our country for the next ...

Jon Snow's Command Is Questioned in the First Deleted Scene from Game of Thrones Season 5
The Night’s Watch storyline in Game of Thrones last year was all about Jon’s struggle with command, both mentally and... uh, physically, especially ...