Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

Hi,

I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19.

I looked at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.1/

But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1
tag.

Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding
iwidgets?

Thanks,
Andres
0
tclcurl (24)

On 5 Okt., 11:16, Andres Garcia <tclc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19.
>
> I looked at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou...
>
> But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1
> tag.
There is no tag for this version. But you can use a date.
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@incrtcl.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/incrtcl
-z3 co -P -D 2010-10-28 incrTcl

> Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding
> iwidgets?
Itk is inside itcl sources.
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@incrtcl.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/incrtcl
-z3 co -P -D 2010-10-28 iwidgets

HTH
rene
0
r.zaumseil (172)
10/7/2011 7:28:51 AM
Thanks.
Andres

0
tclcurl (24)
10/7/2011 1:35:45 PM
>> I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19.
>>
>> I looked at:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou...
>>
>> But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1
>> tag.

The released sources for Itcl 3.4.1 were not developed in SF CVS.
SF CVS got abandoned during the January outage.  Itcl is now developed
in fossil at core.tcl.tk.

> There is no tag for this version. But you can use a date.
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@incrtcl.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/incrtcl
> -z3 co -P -D 2010-10-28 incrTcl

The tagged sources for Itcl 3.4.1 are available:

http://core.tcl.tk/itcl/info/a02aede4cc

or you can just use the actual release posted for download from
SourceForge.

>> Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding
>> iwidgets?

Itk development tree was also moved to fossil.

http://core.tcl.tk/itk/

So far, I have not seen anyone express any interest in making a
new release of it.  You may find building the tip of the
itk-3-branch works well enough for you.

No one's even bothered to move Iwidgets.  If you want to continue
relying on the health of Iwidgets, I'd start looking for a group
of like-minded folks to either find out who might be maintaining
it, or to get started doing so.

Some version(s) of Iwidgets appear to be distributed from the
ActiveState Teapot, so you may be able to find what you need there.

--
| Don Porter            Applied and Computational Mathematics Division |
| donald.porter@nist.gov             Information Technology Laboratory |