Install tcl 8.4 error, Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories

I build tcl 8.4.10 on Solaris 8, compile ok, but get error when running
"make test"
I run:

  configure --prefix=/users/xucai --exec-prefix=/users/xucai
--enable-shared --enable-gcc   //ok
  make          //ok
   make test  // this step failed.

and get following error:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH; \
TCL_LIBRARY="/users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library"; export TCL_LIBRARY; \
../tcltest ./../tests/all.tcl
application-specific initialization failed: Can't find a usable
init.tcl in the following directories:
    /users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library /users/xucai/lib/tcl8.4
/users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library /users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/tcl8.4
/users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/lib/tcl8.4 /users/xucai/src/lib/tcl8.4
/users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library /users/xucai/src/library
/users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library /users/xucai/tcl8.4.10/library
/users/xucai/lib/tcl8.4

/users/xucai/src/tcl8.4.10/library/init.tcl: can't read "::auto_path":
no such variable
can't read "::auto_path": no such variable
    while executing
"lsearch -exact $::auto_path $Dir"

what does it mean ? who can help  ?

thx.

0
JeffreyCai (13)

Jeff.c wrote:
> I build tcl 8.4.10 on Solaris 8, compile ok, but get error when running...

Q) Why are you choosing to build from source, when ActiveState offers
   pre-built ActiveTcl binaries for Solaris as a free download?

Q) If you insist on building from source, why aren't you making use of
   the latest sources released, version 8.4.12 ?

	group_id=10894&package_id=10452&release_id=375153 >

If you choose one of those paths, you're more likely to find folks
willing to help if you still run into trouble.

--
| Don Porter          Mathematical and Computational Sciences Division |
| donald.porter@nist.gov             Information Technology Laboratory |

1,  I think ActiveTcl binaries for Solaris will work. But I just wanna
build tcl from source.

2,  Actually I build Tcl 8.4.12 first, and it failed with same error.

BTW, I try to build it on another Solaris box, and it's OK.
But I don't know why it failed on the first box & how to fix it. What
does the error message mean ?

Jeff.

0
JeffreyCai (13)

Web resources about - Install tcl 8.4 error, Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories - comp.lang.tcl

List of web directories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Open Directory Project (a.k.a. ODP or dmoz) – The largest directory of the Web. Its open content is mirrored at many sites, including the Google ...

To Complement Its Search Engine, Facebook Launches People, Pages, and Places Directories
Facebook is now closer than ever to becoming the phone book for the internet. The site recently launched a Directory of people , Pages , and ...

Directories - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Princess Diana leaked royal directories to Murdoch tabloid, court hears
The former royal editor of Rupert Murdoch's now defunct British tabloid the News of the World told a court on Thursday that the late Princess ...

Telstra slashes 800 jobs from directories arm Sensis
TELSTRA is slashing 800 jobs from its struggling directories arm Sensis just one month after the telco giant sold a 70 per cent stake in the ...

Government To Stop Publishing Contact Information In Blue Pages Of Phone Directories
... has decided to stop publishing contact information for all of its departments and agencies in the blue pages section of telephone directories.A ...

File System Programming Guide: About Files and Directories
Explains how to create and manage files and directories.

Fixing directories
Web directories are one of the key points of differentiation between plans on the Exchanges. A single company can offer half a dozen networks ...

Pittsburgh Business Times Local Directories
... email newsletters, events, print subscription, digital subscription or other special offers. Welcome to Pittsburgh Business Times Local Directories. ...

Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch Guides - Directories and guides
The Bradenton Herald is your source for Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch directories and guides.