is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results

hi
i am using tcl/tk on windows
i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0
so practically it should show underline on 1'st character
so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and
the "same code" without any changes shows underline at first character

what is the reason for this i am not getting , will there be any more
changes in gui when i port the application on linux

0
harishd (23)

harishd@kpitcummins.com writes:

> i am using tcl/tk on windows
> i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0
> so practically it should show underline on 1'st character
> so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and

The menubar is the system's so it lacks some features.

--
Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca
0
harishd@kpitcummins.com wrote:
> hi
> i am using tcl/tk on windows
> i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0
> so practically it should show underline on 1'st character
> so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and
> the "same code" without any changes shows underline at first character
>
> what is the reason for this i am not getting , will there be any more
> changes in gui when i port the application on linux

Doesn't win2k have the "feature" that underlines don't show unless you
press the alt key (or some other magical key)? I seem to recall either
at win2k or winxp the change where the underscores are only visible
"when you need them".
0
oakley (2075)
3/31/2005 2:07:51 PM
Bryan Oakley wrote:
> harishd@kpitcummins.com wrote:
> > hi
> > i am using tcl/tk on windows
> > i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0
> > so practically it should show underline on 1'st character
> > so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and
> > the "same code" without any changes shows underline at first
character

> > what is the reason for this i am not getting , will there be any
more
> > changes in gui when i port the application on linux
> >

> Doesn't win2k have the "feature" that underlines don't show unless
you
> press the alt key (or some other magical key)? I seem to recall
either
> at win2k or winxp the change where the underscores are only visible
> "when you need them".

XP has the option of not showing the underscores.

Robert

0
sigzero (1319)
3/31/2005 3:20:08 PM
hi , the probable solution for it i have done is to change the system
settings
for that go in control panel (or right click on dsktop)
and go in display properties ,effects
uncheck "hide keyboard navigation indicators untill i use alt key"

now i can see underlined characters

thanks
Bryan Oakley wrote:
> harishd@kpitcummins.com wrote:
> > hi
> > i am using tcl/tk on windows
> > i have a menu bar application in which i have used -underline 0
> > so practically it should show underline on 1'st character
> > so in windows 2000 professional it does not shows this and
> > the "same code" without any changes shows underline at first
character

> > what is the reason for this i am not getting , will there be any
more
> > changes in gui when i port the application on linux
> >

> Doesn't win2k have the "feature" that underlines don't show unless
you
> press the alt key (or some other magical key)? I seem to recall
either
> at win2k or winxp the change where the underscores are only visible
> "when you need them".

0
harishd (23)

Possible bug in Tcl or Windows or Tcl on Windows
Hi, There seems to be a bug in the way numbers are compared in Tcl. Consider the below script for calculating Pythagorean triplets. For hypotenuse upto a value of 100, there should have been 63 unique triplets. On Windows XP the script detects only 62. The script doesn't detect the case where c=99, b=20 ==> a=101. However running the same script under Tcl 8.4.1 in Cygwin detects 63 triplets. I don't have a Linux machine at hand to test it there. Following is the script and relevant output. Could anyone shed some light on the cause of this. Maybe it has something to do with how the numbers are represented internally? Running the script for N>100 shows up many more such missed values. An equivalent program in C runs correctly on the same machine. C code was compiled using both gcc and VC++6.0. ######################################################################### # a^2 = b^2 + c^2 proc pythag {MAX} { set i 0 for {set c 2} {$c <= $MAX} {incr c} { for {set b 1} {$b < $c} {incr b} { set a [expr hypot($c, $b)] ;# Calc. Hypot if { ($c == 99) && ($b == 20)} { ;# <<<<<<<< puts ">> [expr round($a)] == $a" } if {[expr round($a)] == $a} { puts "$a : $b : $c" incr i } } } return $i } if {$argc == 1} { set MAX [lindex $argv 0] } else { puts stderr "Usage: tclsh $argv0 N" exit } puts [pythag $MAX] ############# OUTPUT ################ Tcl 8.4.1 (Cygwi...

running windows 98/2000/me games on windows XP
Is there any product out there that allows you to run these games from older platforms to windows XP. I've got all sort of favorites from SIM City to Dungeon Keeper 2, but they don't seem to want to play nice with XP. Thanks in advance for your help! There is one for runng DOS, most games work farly good on XP... Jesus Hernandez wrote: > Is there any product out there that allows you to run these games from older > platforms to windows XP. I've got all sort of favorites from SIM City to > Dungeon Keeper 2, but they don't seem to want to play nice with ...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

Issue with tkdiff.tcl running on Windows XP.
Using the version of tkdiff.tcl shipped with TkCVS client 7.1.4. Seems to have a problem with Windows format file paths. Code snippet ............. proc init-files {} { global argc argv global finfo global opts global g set g(initOK) 0 set argindex 0 set revs 0 set pths 0 set conflict 0 # Loop through argv, storing revision args in rev and file args in # finfo. revs and pths are counters. while {$argindex < $argc} { set arg [lindex $argv $argindex] switch -regexp -- $arg { "^-a$" { $argv is c:\temp\ALISTTABLESonly.TXT c:\temp\ALISTTABLESonlyB.TXT When running this code through the Komodo debugger I can see that; $arg gets initialized to "c: empALISTTABLESonly.TXT" and "c: empALISTTABLESonlyB.TXT" Obviously the "\" is being escaped. Is there a standard way to convert the file paths besides regsub? Thanks. Patrick. Patrick Finnegan wrote: > Using the version of tkdiff.tcl shipped with TkCVS client 7.1.4. > > Seems to have a problem with Windows format file paths. > ... > $argv is c:\temp\ALISTTABLESonly.TXT c:\temp\ALISTTABLESonlyB.TXT Why do you think argv contains the above string? Are you invoking this from the command line or are you testing in a shell and setting argv? If in a shell, how are you setting it? Tcl works great with either native or normalized file names on MicroSoft OSes. If I invoke the following script: puts $ar...

[News] Debian Runs Windows Programs Also (Windows Can't Run Linux Programs)

UBUNTU LINUX on Windows XP. how to run obsolete windows programs on ubuntu/debian LINUX
you can run obsolete windows programs on obsolete windows operating systems by having the operating windows systems running on UBUNTU LINUX. UBUNTU LINUX (detects networking out of the box and uses Windows like GNOME interface or use KUBUNTU LINUX for the intelligence demanding KDE interface) can be run on Windows XP easily and SIMULTANEOUSLY to take advantage of Microsoft Office by downloading virtual box for windows from www.virtualbox.org you should download kubuntu_restricted_extras when the kubuntu comes up, hit ESC gently every 5 seconds if the X Windows server has frozen up. Google...

Tcl on Windows (XP)
Can Tcl be used as an active scripting language like Perl or Python? In article <BVZJb.1378$yW1.1192288@news2.news.adelphia.net>, Robert <bobx@linuxmail.org> wrote: >Can Tcl be used as an active scripting language like Perl or Python? > > Is <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ActiveScript > what you're looking for? -- Cameron Laird <claird@phaseit.net> Business: http://www.Phaseit.net "Cameron Laird" <claird@lairds.com> wrote in message news:vvgra4neilp6c1@corp.supernews.com... > In article <BVZJb.1378$yW1.1192288@news2.news.adelphia.net>, > Robert <bobx@linuxmail.org> wrote: > >Can Tcl be used as an active scripting language like Perl or Python? > > > > > > Is <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ActiveScript > what you're looking for? > -- > > Cameron Laird <claird@phaseit.net> > Business: http://www.Phaseit.net Yup! : ) Robert wrote: > Can Tcl be used as an active scripting language like Perl or Python? > > I earn a living doing it. Robert wrote: > Can Tcl be used as an active scripting language like Perl or Python? > > active states' distro of TCL works just fine. ...

Windows XP vs Windows 2000
Hi all I have strong and powerful computer. It has Dual Xeon processor and 2G memory. The operation system that installed right now is Microsoft server 2003. We use Matlab 6.5 (R13) and Microsoft SQL server only ( without any other big program that may slowly the speed of the processing). We understood that this version of Matlab (6.5) never been tested on this Operation system, so we decided to replace it to tested one. We are think over two operation system: - Windows XP - Windows 2000 ( Server or workstation) The most significant performance that we care is the speed of the processing at ...

How does one pass Unicode command line arguments to Tcl program (Windows 2000)
I'm spawning off a tcl shell from another tcl shell using exec and passing it arguments with Unicode characters that are not in the system code page. These appear garbled in the child process. Scanning the code, it appears as though this is because tclsh uses a main() as opposed to _wmain and hence the command line gets converted to the system code page which does not contain all the chars in the argument. Is this is a known issue ? Is there any way to pass Unicode arguments to the child tcl shell through an exec command ? Thanks in advance, /Ashok Ashok P. Nadkarni wrote: > I'm spawning off a tcl shell from another tcl shell using exec and > passing it arguments with Unicode characters that are not in the > system code page. These appear garbled in the child process. Scanning > the code, it appears as though this is because tclsh uses a main() as > opposed to _wmain and hence the command line gets converted to the > system code page which does not contain all the chars in the argument. > > Is this is a known issue ? I think its a known issue of the bizarre "system encoding" stuff on windows and the tcl startup sequence. (at least it was discussed on the tclers chat). But its not solved yet... maybe Don Porter will add his comments to this. Is there any way to pass Unicode arguments > to the child tcl shell through an exec command ? One way would be to use open | to create a pipe, fconfigure it to utf-8 and do a puts to...

Windows XP vs. Windows 2000
I use XP and I like one thing very much: fast user switching. Is there a way to somehow install it and have this service on Windows 2000 Pro? tf Greetings -- No. Bruce Chambers -- Help us help you: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. -- RAH "Tomasz Frelik" <tomasz.frelik@enzo.pl> wrote in message news:bgt3er$vm6$1@news.lublin.pl... > I use XP and I like one thing very much: fast user switching. Is there...

Windows 2000 vs. Windows XP?
I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference and why? -O Ovid left a note on my windscreen which said: > I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference > and why? XP (Pro). Cause it's 2K with knobs on. -- Stoneskin [Insert sig here] On 5 Nov 2003 11:38:17 -0600, Ovid <Ovid@Epigram.com> wrote: >I know it's probably been asked to death, but what is everyone's preference >and why? I don't use Windows a whole lot. But when I do, my own preference is ...

replacing windows xp with windows 2000
I just recently bought a laptop with the Windows XP operating system preinstalled. Being an advocate of Windows 2000 I was trying to replace XP with 2000 but ran into the following problem. The setup process seems to not allow newer Windows operating systems be replaced by older ones despite the preference of the operator. Is there any way to get around this? If there is one I'd be very grateful for advise. Thanks. Boot from a Win 98 floppy, fdisk, format and install Terry "Joe" <josephstran@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1a55ccc2.0401111637.682b70c8@posting.google...

Do IMAQ Cast Image or IMAQ Linear averages give different results when using different computers that are running under Windows XP ?
Hello &nbsp; I'm currently developping an image processing algorithm using Labview 7.1 and the associated IMAQ Vision tools. After several tests, I found a weird result. Indeed, I put the labview algorithm - including the IMAQ VI on the library to get sure&nbsp;that I use all&nbsp;the time the same VI -&nbsp;on my memory stick and used it on two different computers. I tested the same picture (still in my memory stick) and had two very different results. After several hours trying to understand why, I found that there were a difference between the results&nbsp;given by b...

IWPM For Windows 2000 To work with Windows XP?
Guys, Have you been able to get this beast to work with Windows XP? When I attempt to run the install program, it says it "Can not write PATH Key" and then quits. I am in Administration mode on the PC and can write to the PATH manually. Is there a newer viewer then Version 2 Release 3 Build 20001004? Thanks! ----------------------- James http://www.fordaspire.com -Web http://www.fordtaurus.net -Web jpiper2@gmail.com - Email ...

Mapping Drives From Windows 2000 To Windows XP
First, let me say I am a developer not a network guy, so I reconize my limitations in this area. I am running Windows XP on my desktop in Domain A. I am trying to map a drive on a Windows 2000 server machine in Domain B using Windows explorer. I supply credentials which are valid for the Win2K machin in Domain B. A space is created in my explorer (the space is blank, it does not contain any information about the drive I mapped). I can see the file system (i.e. the directory tree) fine, but if I try to copy any files from my pc to the mapped drive, I get complaints about the filenames being invalid. Only files which follow the old filename convention of names being 8.3 can be copied. Anyone have thoughts on why this is happening? Thanks - Tim ...

Mapping Drives From Windows 2000 To Windows XP
First, let me say I am a developer not a network guy, so I reconize my limitations in this area. I am running Windows XP on my desktop in Domain A. I am trying to map a drive on a Windows 2000 server machine in Domain B using Windows explorer. I supply credentials which are valid for the Win2K machin in Domain B. A space is created in my explorer (the space is blank, it does not contain any information about the drive I mapped). I can see the file system (i.e. the directory tree) fine, but if I try to copy any files from my pc to the mapped drive, I get complaints about the filenames being ...

Cannot run any programs in Windows 2000
I have some type of a problem in which I cannot run any type of program. I get messages when the system boots up that says 'Cannot find C:\winnt\system32\services.exe(or one of it's components)'. I also get similar messages for all of my other programs that start automatically. I have scaned my computer with the latest virus definitions from Norton and found and removed two viruses: backdoor.irc.yoink and w32.Randex.gen. Both files were deleted from my system. If anyone has any idea or recommendations on how to fix this please let me know. Thanks in advance for ...

How to run tcl in ActiveTcl Windows?
Hi all, How to run tcl in ActiveTcl Windows? I have tried "source x.tcl", "tcl x.tcl", "tcltk x.tcl" in Windows command, but all fail. Thanks! Davy "Davy" <zhushenli@gmail.com> writes: > How to run tcl in ActiveTcl Windows? > I have tried "source x.tcl", "tcl x.tcl", "tcltk x.tcl" in Windows > command, but all fail. tclsh is the normal command (wish for Tcl+Tk) You will have to check if Activetcl directories are on your PATH. -- Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca In article <yfilkob83mj.fsf@triumf.ca>, Donald Arseneau <asnd@triumf.ca> wrote: >"Davy" <zhushenli@gmail.com> writes: > >> How to run tcl in ActiveTcl Windows? >> I have tried "source x.tcl", "tcl x.tcl", "tcltk x.tcl" in Windows >> command, but all fail. > >tclsh is the normal command (wish for Tcl+Tk) > >You will have to check if Activetcl directories are on your PATH. . . . They should be. A normal ActiveTcl installation *does* put them properly in %PATH%. ...

Windows 2000 and Windows XP using Firewire connection
Has anyone been able to use this method for networking? Win XP has the drivers etc loaded. Win 2000 does not have drivers for IEEE (1394) to allow networking. I currently using a wireless connection which works and also a LAN 100mbit connection which works. I would like to try and use firewire as well. Are there drivers available for Win 2000 to allow firewire networking? Can the XP drivers be used instead? Tanx Martin On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:34:54 GMT, no-spam@here.com wrote: > Has anyone been able to use this method for networking? > > Win XP has the drivers etc loaded. >...

Putting a Windows XP Drive in a Windows 2000 box ...
Hello All, Check this out ... one of my fellow employees had to travel to China for business and she brought her laptop (a Dell Inspiron 8000) to the factory when an "IT" guy tried to install a network printer to the machine. The "IdioT" added a new domain and now the Fellow employee can no longer log into the machine. But before you tell me to simply switch domains, she assures me the only thing she can do on log in is enter her password, she is the administrator of the laptop, and cant switch domains (or users) and can't guess what the password would be s...

Windows Time, Windows 2000 server and XP Client
Hi, We currently have a windows 2000 machine that has an atomic clock on it. Our PDC (NT 4.0 Server) looks at this to get it's time, and all our NT 4.0 Workstations get the time from this. We are rolling out windows XP, and are trying to build a standard image that look at for the time on either the windows 2000 server or the NT 4.0 PDC. I can't get this working at the moment - if i choose to 'Synchronize with an Internet Time Server', and name either the PDC or Windows 2000 server, it fails. Also, if I type 'NET TIME' from a command prompt, it locates...

How to connect a windows xp box to a windows 2000 box
Hi, I have an older box installed with windows 2000 and a new box with windows xp. I would like to access my windows 2000 box through windows xp with a crossover cable. I was able to view the shared folders of windows xp from my windows 2000 box, but not vice versa. I may not set it up correctly. Anyone has a working procedure to share? Thanks, Wayne wwang525@yahoo.com (Wayne) wrote in message news:<4ce62911.0407201605.6f030ca7@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I have an older box installed with windows 2000 and a new box with > windows xp. > I wo...

dot1x authentication on windows xp and windows 2000 workstations
we're trying to test dot1x authentication on wired LAN and the set-up was already completed according to the cisco documentation on setting up dot1x for wired network, we've already tried to acquire ip address thru authentication and it worked, the problem is everytime we try to restart the workstation it already has the same ip we've acquired before we restarted the workstation. how can we make the workstation prompt first for auuthentication before it acquire ip address upon startup??? On Nov 19, 2:28 am, "acbgamir" <u39193@uwe> wrote: > we're trying to t...

Web resources about - is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results - comp.lang.tcl

Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In narrow usage, not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, occupations such as skilled construction ...

ClipCall Connects Users With Service Professionals Through Video
ClipCall has announced the official public launch of its app on iOS and Android. The video home repair app allows users to record videos of their ...

How emerging consumer and professional healthcare trends are driving interest in wearable devices
The wearables technology market —which includes smartwatches and fitness trackers — continues to grow, but nagging questions remain: Where and ...

This Cat Should Put "Professional Bug Catcher" on Its Resume
Submitted by: (via MeisterStenz ) Tagged: bugs , Cats Share on Facebook

How to take a professional selfie
A professional headshot is essential when we have something to sell. We may be selling products and services as a marketer. We may be selling ...

8 things keeping security professionals up at night
As the need for enterprise data and technology grows, it only widens the skills gap for security professionals. That means, security professionals ...

Gov. Kasich Continues To Make Plea For ‘Professional’ Insider
Gov. Kasich Continues To Make Plea For ‘Professional’ Insider

Medical Motorcycle Takes Out Professional Cyclist During Race
During today’s Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne, Lotto-Soudal’s Stig Broeckx was drifting off to the right of the peloton, presumably to go back to his ...

Julian Büscher's First Professional Goal Is A Long-Range Doozy
DC United just got knocked out of the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Champions League, 3-1 on aggregate by Mexican side Quaerétaro. At least their ...

Tech Professionals Look to Receive Healthy Bonuses
The Dice survey of 16,301 employed tech professionals also found an extra payout at the end of the year seems to have positive effects.