Is Tcl/Tk Still Active?

Hi,

Are these tools still actively developed?

Where is the most recent source code?

Any websites?

Sorry for a newbie question, but I've been out of the game for a long, long
time.

--
David T. Ashley              (dta@e3ft.com)
http://www.e3ft.com          (Consulting Home Page)

0
dta (455)

On Jan 9, 10:54=A0pm, "David T. Ashley" <d...@e3ft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are these tools still actively developed?
>
> Where is the most recent source code?
>
> Any websites?
>
> Sorry for a newbie question, but I've been out of the game for a long, lon=
> time.
>
> --
> David T. Ashley =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(d...@e3ft.com)http://www.e3ft.=
com=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(Consulting Home Page)http://www.dtashley.com=A0 =A0 =
=A0(Personal Home Page)http://gpl.e3ft.com=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0(GPL Publicatio=
ns and Projects)

http://www.tcl.tk/

http://wiki.tcl.tk/

Yes it is still very much under active development. 8.5 just came out
as a matter of fact and Tk is getting a facelift as well.

HTH and Happy Tcl'ing

Robert
0
sigzero (1319)
1/10/2008 4:02:54 AM
On Jan 9, 10:54=A0pm, "David T. Ashley" <d...@e3ft.com> wrote:

> Are these tools still actively developed?
>
> Where is the most recent source code?
>
> Any websites?

Take a peek at the last week or two's postings here on comp.lang.tcl.
Lots of talk about Tcl/Tk 8.5 as well as an announcment about 8.4.17.

Probably the next best place to comp.land.tcl to nose around would be
http://wiki.tcl.tk/ - there are dozens of websites with info about tcl/
tk, but alas, not as many actively being maintained.
0
lvirden (1938)

Are the nightly builds on ftp://www.tcl.tk/pub/tcl/nightly-cvs/ still alive ?
Hello I was frequently using the tarballs to stay up-to-date with Tlc/Tk source code... Is there any plan to either : 1- resume the nightly builds at the same location ; 2- provide a similar service elsewhere with Fossil SCM ? Thanks Strykaas Van Basten <strykaas@gmail.com> writes: >Hello > >I was frequently using the tarballs to stay up-to-date with Tlc/Tk >source code... Is there any plan to either : > >1- resume the nightly builds at the same location ; > >2- provide a similar service elsewhere with Fossil SCM ? > >Thanks Fos...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]
hi, where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' or any other good debugger, which i could use? best, s. On Jan 23, 5:56=A0am, Sitaca <sit...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi, > > where can i get Coverage for debugging tcl/tk, [incr Tcl] source? > this tool is advised to use in 'Practical Programming in Tcl and Tk' > > or any other good debugger, which i could use? I see, at http://wiki.tcl.tk/8638 , a brief reference to the topic of coverage for tcl. I don't know w...

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don'...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4
Hi, I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. I looked at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-source/3.4.1/ But only itcl seems to be there. And the CVS doesn't have the 3.4.1 tag. Do you know where I can get incr Tk and hopefully a corresponding iwidgets? Thanks, Andres On 5 Okt., 11:16, Andres Garcia <tclc...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to download incr Tcl and incr Tk for Tcl/Tk 8.4.19. > > I looked at: > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/incrtcl/files/%5BIncr%20Tcl_Tk%5D-sou... > > ...

tcl/tk unicode wie kann man formel/math. zeichen in tk unter tcl anzeigen lassen?
Hallo, ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen unabh�ngig? English summary for the rest of the world: sven.rega@gmx.de would like to use mathematical symbols like "mu" in Tk applications. He asks if Unicode is the solution and whether that works on all platforms. I assert that Unicode works si...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-pam Tcl-pam is a Tcl interface to the PAM* service of Linux. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to use PAM to authenticate users and programs. It relies on linux-pam library: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/ * PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules): A mechanism to integrate multiple low−level authentication schemes into a high−level application programming interface (API). This enables programs that rely on authentication to be written independently of the underlying authentication scheme. Platform:...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

how to get tcl-httpd running on winxp with active tcl?
or websh or rivet frustrated rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore websh not work with windows so I guess tcl-httpd? I want to try some tcl web builnin''... help gavino schrieb: > or websh > or rivet > > frustrated > > rivet wants apache 1.3, which has no windows doewnload anymore > websh not work with windows > so I guess tcl-httpd? > I want to try some tcl web builnin''... > Tclhttp or Wub are options..., or getting Tcl cgi running under IIS or any other webserver. What kind of things do you want to play with? M...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

active entries in TCL/Tk
I have some information which I wish to place in an entry. The entry I place it in will be the entry in which the user has placed his cursor. How do I find which entry that is? Mark Mark Tarver wrote: > I have some information which I wish to place in an entry. > The entry I place it in will be the entry in which the user > has placed his cursor. How do I find which entry that is? focus ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Tarver" <dr.mtarver@ukonline.co.uk> Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:32 AM Subject: active entries in TCL...

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any respo...

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any respo...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

ANNOUNCE: ADB and ADBSQL pure-tcl database engine for Tcl/Tk
Dear All, I'm happy to announce today the first release of adb/adbsql. ADB together with the MySQL database connectivity module adbsql are a Tcl/Tk package useful for Tcl/Tk programmers that want to store their data in a database-kind of way with tables and fields. Two (optional) features of ADB that may make it worthwhile for you: * Writing the database as XML output and later of course the ability to read it. * Connecting directly to a MySQL database. The fun part of ADB is that you can either use it as a full pure tcl library, or you can use these advanced features that require ad...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Con...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Con...

Active-HDL, bitmap, simulation, Tcl/Tk
Hi, has anyone tried to read bitmap files (BMP, PNG...) using Tcl/Tk in Active-HDL. I would like to use the bitmap file as stimuli in my VHDL test bench. Thanks SteinK Aldec has newsgroups at www.aldec.com server. Active-HDL has a reach number of way you can input stimuli. Hovewer, there should be some miconception of bmp files. These are pictures and information extraction would require image pattern recognition. The best machine to do this job is a human (you). ...

Problem with uninstalling Active State tcl/tk
When I try to uninstall Active State I get: Uninstaller for ActiveTcl 8.4.6.1 Select 'Next' to begin uninstalling. Uninstalling ActiveTcl 8.4.6.1 ... Reading in install.log ... ERROR: couldn't open "/root/ActiveTcl8.4.6.1-linux-ix86/install.log": no such file or directory Unable to determine installation type. ABORTING UNINSTALL. The contents of my directory is indeed: bin install_lib.tcl install_welcome.txt MANIFEST demos install.sh lib README.txt include install.tcl license.terms tcl-8.3.3-74....

Web resources about - Is Tcl/Tk Still Active? - comp.lang.tcl

List of active United Kingdom military aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
13 on order, deliveries underway, first undergoing tests. Operated by the AirTanker consortium for the RAF. ^ "FB Heliservices Ltd. clocks up ...

Still active, come hell or high water
I WAS born in County Durham, in England, but I spent the first five or six years of my life living in Nigeria with my parents, where my dad worked ...

New Parents Are Ultra-Active on Facebook Via Mobile Devices
Parents on Facebook post more photos, videos, links and status updates than non-parents, and those posts receive more interactions, with mobile ...

Twitter’s Monthly Active User base shrunk in Q4
... to 305 million per year, down from 307 in the previous quarter. Twitter executives were quick to point out, however, that the monthly active ...

Active purchasing exchanges prevent spamming
... else of interest to me. Molina was not allowed to dominate the second Silver benchmark price point because Covered California is an active purchaser ...

These earbuds with active noise cancellation are like nothing you’ve ever used before
... were alone on a remote island instead. Of course, if you've got a pair of Panasonic Noise-Canceling Earbud-Style Travel Earphones with active ...

Clippers, Pelicans among teams likely to make deal in active trade season
As the trade deadline approaches, here are five teams likely to make a deal.

Sherrifs Respond To Active Shooter At Columbia, SC Mall
Sherrifs Respond To Active Shooter At Columbia, SC Mall

Training offered to prepare for active shooters
Dayton Daily News Training offered to prepare for active shooters Dayton Daily News Ed Jopeck, Battelle s Business Manager of Critical Infrastructure ...

Training Offered to Prepare for Active Shooters
Emergency Management Training Offered to Prepare for Active Shooters Emergency Management Columbus-based Battelle developed the SiteGuard-Active ...