is there a free blog site like live journal done in tcl?

curious?

I have seen something called Maja-Maja on www.scarpaz.com, but it is a processor that generates static content from a file structure. Including blog notes.
On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:28:35 PM UTC-4, gavino_himself wrote:
> curious?

I have a blog engine I wrote but never released, which I really should put =
online. =20

It allows you to specify your entire blog layout (theme) in a single short =
file, instead of writing two dozen PHP files.  Here, for example, is sample=
 code from a basic theme without comments:

templates: {
        main:           [header] [sidebar] [content]
        page:           [header] [articleview -id [GET id]]

        header:         <h1 [class title]> [blog title] </h1>
                        <h3 [class subtitle]> [blog subtitle] </h3>
                        [menubar]

        menubar{ul}:    {
                foreach a {about code links} {
                        append out "[menuentry -id $a]\n"
                }
                set out
        }
        menuentry{li}:  <a [link page -id @id]>Article @id</a>

        content{ul}:    [db articles]

        start{}:        <h2><a [link page -id @id]>@title</a></h2>
        small{li}:      [start]

        large{li}:      [start]

        articleview{ul}: [db articles -where "id=3D@id" -format large]
}

When the engine is run, it evaluates the text labeled "main" (unless your b=
rowser points to blog.tcl?v=3Dsomethingelse,) ultimately expanding into a w=
hole HTML file.  This way I don't need a MAIN.PHP, ARTICLEVIEW.PHP, SIDEBAR=
..PHP, etc:  it's all put in one file and factored insanely small.

The templates: command simply parses its one argument with regexp into labe=
ls and text, does a [set labels($label) $text], and aliases each label so i=
t can be called as a command.  By default, if a label is assigned to some t=
ext, then [$label] expands to=20

<DIV class=3D"$label"> [subst $text] </DIV>

....although as you can see, you can set the outer markup to something else =
like a UL or LI or P by putting that in braces.  Capitalizing the label mak=
es it use an ID instead of a class.

A separate [db] command uses SQLite to form a query, with a few common defa=
ults defined.  Again, the goal is to leave out all the stuff I shouldn't ha=
ve to write.  At the top of my theme, I have:

set dbDefaults(articles) { -table article -sort "DATE DESC" -perpage 10 -fo=
rmat small }
set dbDefaults(comments) { -table comment -sort "DATE ASC" -perpage 10 -for=
mat comment }

Then in the theme I can just define my content to be [db articles], and the=
 engine knows what I mean.

Finally, I write a separate CSS file with a style for every class, and afte=
r that I can tweak the whole blog layout with two terminal windows without =
ever leaving vi.

--S
[Why yes, this was borne out of frustration with Wordpress.]
On Thu, 20 Sep 2012, Prof Craver wrote:

> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:55:39 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Prof Craver <xcottcraver@gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
> Subject: Re: is there a free blog site like live journal done in tcl?
>
> On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:28:35 PM UTC-4, gavino_himself wrote:
>> curious?
>
> I have a blog engine I wrote but never released, which I really should put online.
>
> It allows you to specify your entire blog layout (theme) in a single short file, instead of writing two dozen PHP files.  Here, for example, is sample code from a basic theme without comments:
>
> templates: {
>        main:           [header] [sidebar] [content]
>        page:           [header] [articleview -id [GET id]]
>
>        header:         <h1 [class title]> [blog title] </h1>
>                        <h3 [class subtitle]> [blog subtitle] </h3>
>                        [menubar]
>
>        menubar{ul}:    {
>                foreach a {about code links} {
>                        append out "[menuentry -id $a]\n"
>                }
>                set out
>        }
>        menuentry{li}:  <a [link page -id @id]>Article @id</a>
>
>        content{ul}:    [db articles]
>
>        start{}:        <h2><a [link page -id @id]>@title</a></h2>
>        small{li}:      [start]
>
>        large{li}:      [start]
>
>        articleview{ul}: [db articles -where "id=@id" -format large]
> }
>
> When the engine is run, it evaluates the text labeled "main" (unless your browser points to blog.tcl?v=somethingelse,) ultimately expanding into a whole HTML file.  This way I don't need a MAIN.PHP, ARTICLEVIEW.PHP, SIDEBAR.PHP, etc:  it's all put in one file and factored insanely small.
>
> The templates: command simply parses its one argument with regexp into labels and text, does a [set labels($label) $text], and aliases each label so it can be called as a command.  By default, if a label is assigned to some text, then [$label] expands to
>
> <DIV class="$label"> [subst $text] </DIV>
>
> ...although as you can see, you can set the outer markup to something else like a UL or LI or P by putting that in braces.  Capitalizing the label makes it use an ID instead of a class.
>
> A separate [db] command uses SQLite to form a query, with a few common defaults defined.  Again, the goal is to leave out all the stuff I shouldn't have to write.  At the top of my theme, I have:
>
> set dbDefaults(articles) { -table article -sort "DATE DESC" -perpage 10 -format small }
> set dbDefaults(comments) { -table comment -sort "DATE ASC" -perpage 10 -format comment }
>
> Then in the theme I can just define my content to be [db articles], and the engine knows what I mean.
>
> Finally, I write a separate CSS file with a style for every class, and after that I can tweak the whole blog layout with two terminal windows without ever leaving vi.
>
> --S
> [Why yes, this was borne out of frustration with Wordpress.]

Caution:  this same question was asked on comp.lang.forth by Gavino.  He's
not paying attention to the response, and he keeps on asking inane
questions with no thought toward the response.  He is a troll in the guise
of a tcl/forth/smalltalk/OpenBSD/etc novice, and can be seen in various
news groups busily wasting people's time and energy.  He will not use any
suggestions proffered, and unless someone else is following the thread,
your response is wasted.

sorry,
Rob.

0
Spam159 (460)
9/20/2012 10:05:40 PM
Spam@ControlQ.com writes:

> On Thu, 20 Sep 2012, Prof Craver wrote:
>
>> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:55:39 -0700 (PDT)
>> From: Prof Craver <xcottcraver@gmail.com>
>> Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
>> Subject: Re: is there a free blog site like live journal done in tcl?
>>
>> On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:28:35 PM UTC-4, gavino_himself wrote:
>>> curious?
>>
>> I have a blog engine I wrote but never released, which I really should put online.

[inspiring description snipped]

> Caution:  this same question was asked on comp.lang.forth by Gavino.
> He's not paying attention to the response, and he keeps on asking

[...]

yes, unfortunately.

> [...] unless someone else is
> following the thread, your response is wasted.

Fortunately not: I enjoyed it thotoughly, thanks Prof. Craver :-)

regards
-- tomás
0
tomas2949 (126)
9/21/2012 6:50:58 PM
On Fri, 21 Sep 2012, tom?s zerolo wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 20:51:47 +0200
> From: tom?s zerolo <tomas@tuxteam.de>
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
> Subject: Re: is there a free blog site like live journal done in tcl?
>
> Spam@ControlQ.com writes:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Sep 2012, Prof Craver wrote:
>>
>>> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:55:39 -0700 (PDT)
>>> From: Prof Craver <xcottcraver@gmail.com>
>>> Newsgroups: comp.lang.tcl
>>> Subject: Re: is there a free blog site like live journal done in tcl?

>>> I have a blog engine I wrote but never released, which I really should put online.
>
> [inspiring description snipped]
>>
>> Caution:  this same question was asked on comp.lang.forth by Gavino.
>> He's not paying attention to the response, and he keeps on asking
>
> [...]
>
> yes, unfortunately.
>
>> [...] unless someone else is
>> following the thread, your response is wasted.
>
> Fortunately not: I enjoyed it thotoughly, thanks Prof. Craver :-)
>
> regards
> -- tom?s

Serendipity!
0
Spam159 (460)

is there a free blgo site in forth? something like live journal?
anyone? On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:25:32 PM UTC-7, gavino_himself wrote: > anyone? I do know of somebody who wrote some Blog software in Forth, but I don't know if he/she would share it with you. Jason On Wed, 12 Sep 2012, Jason Damisch wrote: > Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:41:58 -0700 (PDT) > From: Jason Damisch <jasondamisch@yahoo.com> > Newsgroups: comp.lang.forth > Subject: Re: is there a free blgo site in forth? something like live journal? > > On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:25:32 PM UTC-7, gavino_himself wrote: >> anyone? > > I do know of somebody who wrote some Blog software in Forth, but I don't know if he/she would share it with you. > > Jason > Could you imagine a needier "end-user" than Gavino? Shudder! On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:41:59 PM UTC-7, Jason Damisch wrote: > On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:25:32 PM UTC-7, gavino_himself wrote: > > > anyone? > > > > I do know of somebody who wrote some Blog software in Forth, but I don't know if he/she would share it with you. > > > > Jason Why not? I am a nice guy and very live and let live lazzie faire. On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:51:52 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote: > On Wed, 12 Sep 2012, Jason Damisch wrote: > > > > > Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 19:41:58 -0700 (PDT) > > > From: Jason Damisch <jasonda...

any new aolserver or naviserver startups? any free blog done in tcl? blogger sux, livejournal so so
thx ...

so anyone running a free blog site on wub? no I dont mean wiki.tcl.tk
I am dropping all google. livejournal is ok but I bet wub journal be better. ...

is there a free apl like tcl? bsd lic or more free thtn gpl3?
something that runs on archlinux? how is apl for web stuff? On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:41:28 -0800 (PST), gavino <gavcomedy@gmail.com> wrote: > something that runs on archlinux? > how is apl for web stuff? AFAIK, the only free APL (APL2) that runs on linux/bsd is OpenAPL. The caveat is that it looks like it hasn't been maintained or developed for 15 years or so, has no unicode support, most likely no bindings to other languages or outside libraries and precious little documetation outside the source code. Even setting it up on a recent debian GNU/linux such as debian...

running other tcl from a tcl
Is that possible? 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl 2 - from a tcl to call other one # first.tcl content below exec hello.tcl # end regards, mauro ps.: I'm not experience in Tcl. Mauro Silva wrote: > Is that possible? > > 1 - sequentially to call two tcl files, like: > > c:\> tclkit-8.4.7.exe first.tcl second.tcl > > 2 - from a tcl to call other one > > # first.tcl content below > > exec hello.tcl > > # end > > regards, > m...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-gaul Tcl-gaul is a Tcl extension for genetic/evolutionary algorithm processing.It relies on the GAUL library: http://gaul.sourceforge.net/ * A genetic algorithm (GA) is a search technique used in computing to find exact or approximate solutions to optimization and search problems. Genetic algorithms are categorized as global search heuristics. They are a particular class of evolutionary algorithms that use techniques inspired by evolutionary biology such as inheritance, mutation, selection, and crossover. For ...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mp Tcl-mp is a Tcl interface to POSIX Message Queues*. It provides a Tcl package that allows scripts to create/open/close/unlink multiple parallel message queues, and to send/receive messages synchronously and asynchronously to/from them. * A POSIX message queue is an Inter-Process Communication mechanism available on Linux and some other POSIX-compliant operating systems. It allows to or more processes (or threads) to communicate under the same OS. The messages are buffered by the kernel, which gives them kernel persis...

This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-mmap Tcl-mmap is a Tcl interface to the POSIX mmap* system call. It provides a Tcl package that allows Tcl scripts to: 1) Memory map files for improved access efficiency; 2) Share memory between related processes; 3) Easily implement cyclic persistent log files. * See the mmap(2) man page. Platform: Linux/Unix Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-mmap/ Man page: http://tcl-mmap.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis On Sep 3, 11:48=A0am, Alexandros Stergiakis <alst...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is an ...

Do you want to have free site See my sites are all free if you want to place your comment like
Do you want to have free site See my sites are all free if you want to place your comment like your request on the forum the last in the locations mentioned and will mention you to knock the possession of these free sites do not drag their heels and be the owners of sites My sites are World of fashion and the site Zayae world interested in what is new in the fashion world https://sites.google.com/site/modah2011 =C7The second site in English: defending the site, jewelry and e- commerce and fashion each piece in one site and two witnesses Astvady and has an educational section (f...

Does anyone have a Tcl Script which does a Multi Part File Upload to web site ( TCL CGI )
Hello all, I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... Any help is appreciated, Thank you for the help, Sean - HeliHobby.com Sean wrote: > Hello all, > > I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server > which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... > > Any help is appreciated, > > Thank you for the help, > > Sean - HeliHobby.com I use ncgi for ths (from tcllib). It rocks! high quality code that never fails. For instance the file upload...

Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community
Free Tcl App + Libs and TK Extension. Giving something back to the TCL Dev community. After years of TCL Dev I am giving something back to the Dev Tcl Community. You can download NetpackX including source code at http://helihobby.com/netpackx/index.html and also you may download lots of cool aps and libs here: http://helihobby.com/netpackx/Tcl_Tk/tcl_tk.html I hope TCL/TK continues to grow and special thanks to Jeff Hobbs for his support. Regards, Sean - www.HeliHobby.com ...

ANNOUNCE: Free Small TCL/Rivet and Tcl/tanzer Web Hosting Accounts available on my domain
Hi all. I have a Virtual Private Server (VPS) on superlinux.net. I have Rivet and tanzer installed on this server. the server is just one of those tiny servers (1 CPU core and 256MB RAM and 10GB Hardisk). If you want to make a website using Rivet or tanzer and get it hosted on my VPS, just email me your name and other full details to make you an SFTP account to upload your scripts on my domain. And you're welcome. ...

Hi everyone, I have been pulling my hair with this one for a couple of days and still have not found a fix. I'm working within ANSYS Tcl-Tk implementation. I created a Tcl-Tk script that generates a simple window with three buttons. Each button opens another window which is created in a separate Tcl file. The second window have a lot of text entries, variables, procedures, etc. I can open the second Tcl file by itself and everything works as supposed, but when I open it using the button in the first window, it opens but any procedure called by the widgets on the second window are not fou...

tcl application with tcl application

can you run e commerce site using just tcl 8.6.2 and a pure tcl webserver?
and have decent performance? ...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version""...

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

any new naviserver or aolserver sites? any realtime web api use being done w tcl?
tcl seems well suited to this realtime web non blocking stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRWzhJDyHB8 ...

Web resources about - is there a free blog site like live journal done in tcl? - comp.lang.tcl

American Trade Journal - Fianancial News
CLOSE Core Trends Market Trends Consumer Goods Energy & Solar Global Markets Europe Asia Federal Reserve Politics & Economics BRICS DOW Index ...

The Courier-Journal - Louisville and Southern Indiana news, sports, entertainment, business, real estate ...
Full coverage of news, sports, business and entertainment in the Louisville, Kentucky and Southern Indiana area from The Courier-Journal, Kentucky's ...

New Homepage - Daily Science Journal
CLOSE Home Humanities & Social Science Science & Research News Astronomy Geology & Earth About DSJ Staff Terms Of Use Privacy Policy Contact ...

Digital Journal: A Global Digital Media Network
Digital Journal is a digital media news network with thousands of Digital Journalists in 200 countries around the world. Join us!

Legal News Blog - Law Firm News - JD Journal
JD Journal provides Legal News & Law Firm News for Attorneys, Lawyers, Paralegals, Law Firm Staff and Other Legal Professionals.

RFID Journal - RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Technology News & Features
RFID Journal is your source for timely, objective news and information about RFID (radio frequency identification) and its many business applications ...

Daily Journal - Johnson County, Indiana's Online Daily Newspaper
The Daily Journal is dedicated to community service, to defense of individual rights and to providing those checks upon government which no constitution ...

Valley Journal - Local News for Polson, Pablo, Ronan, Charlo, St. Ignatius & Arlee, Montana
Valley Journal - Local News for Polson, Pablo, Ronan, Charlo, St. Ignatius & Arlee, Montana

The Sport Journal - Refereed Sports Journal, Published by the United States Sports Academy
Authors: Dr. Rob Hudson*(1), Dr. Brandon Spradley(1) (1)Faculty member of the United States Sports Academy *Corresponding Author: Rob Hudson ...

Leigh Journal - News, sport, education, business, leisure, in the Leigh area
Leigh Journal News, sport, business, leisure in your area