Komodo: Accessing widgets in the auto generated _ui.tcl from the associated .tcl file

I am using Komodo.
I created a text widget and want to insert some text into it.

The below is my ui.tcl file (ie. Dialog_ui.tcl).  In my Dialog.tcl file
I want to have access to the $base._text_log widget, so I can insert
text into it.
For eg. I've tried:

::Dialog::._text_log insert end "hello world!"

And other variations, but have not succeeded.

This seems to be something trivial, but I can't seem to figure it
out.  I also tried to get to the BASE variable, but was also
unsuccessful.  I guess my understanding of namespaces isn't correct.
Is it even possible?

Help is very very much appreciated.  Thank you!

# Below is the gui code in Dialog_ui.tcl

# Declare the namespace for this dialog
namespace eval Dialog {}

package require Tk
# Dialog::ui --
#
#   Create the UI for this dialog.
#
# ARGS:
#   root     the parent window for this form
#   args     a catch-all for other args, but none are expected
#
proc Dialog::ui {root args} {
    # this handles '.' as a special case
    set base [expr {($root == ".") ? "" : $root}]
    variable ROOT $root
    variable BASE $base

    # Widget Initialization
    text $base._text_log \
	    -height 0 \
	    -width 0 \
	    -xscrollcommand [namespace code [list _text_log_xscrollcommand]] \
	    -yscrollcommand [namespace code [list _text_log_yscrollcommand]]

    # Geometry Management

    grid $base._text_log -in $root -row 1 -column 1 \
	    -columnspan 1 \
	    -ipadx 0 \
	    -ipady 0 \
	    -padx 0 \
	    -pady 0 \
	    -rowspan 1 \
	    -sticky news

    # Resize Behavior
    grid rowconfigure $root 1 -weight 0 -minsize 40 -pad 0
    grid rowconfigure $root 2 -weight 0 -minsize 40 -pad 0
    grid columnconfigure $root 1 -weight 0 -minsize 40 -pad 0
    grid columnconfigure $root 2 -weight 0 -minsize 40 -pad 0
}

Sourcing a TCL file from within a tcl file
I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source another tcl file when I type the variable name something like this if I enter A through my keyboard then source a.tcl Can someone show me how to do this thanks guy On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > something like this > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > Can someone show me how to do this > > thanks > guy What you are asking is not hard. Will your program have a graphical user interface? Aric On Dec 10, 3:26=A0pm, Aric Bills <aric.bi...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Dec 10, 1:15=A0pm, guy <gcoletta2...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I am a newbie which I am sure I don't need to state :) > > > I am trying to create a variable with a TCL file that will source > > another tcl file when I type the variable name > > > something like this > > > if I enter A through my keyboard =A0then source a.tcl > > > Can someone show me how to do this > > > thanks > > guy > > What you are asking is not hard. =A0Will your program have a graphical > user interface? > > Aric no I am just using this script...

Dose there any tcl script to translate an file with embedded tcl
Hi I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate these files Ex . ============================== Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ================================= Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded tcl script into a new file For example this is a source file ======================== Start * set i 0 * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { * puts input a [$i] wire * } End ========================== After Translate ======================= Start input a [0] wire input a [1] wire .. .. .. .. input a [1000] wire End ======================= Gogo12 wrote: > > Hi > I need to generate some big file, but there are rules for generate > these files > Ex . > ============================== > Start > input a [0] wire > input a [1] wire > . > . > . > . > input a [1000] wire > End > ================================= > > Dose there any tcl script can help to translate a file with embedded > tcl script into a new file > For example > > this is a source file > ======================== > Start > * set i 0 > * for { set i 0 } { $i < 1000 } { incr i } { > * puts input a [$i] wire > * } > End > ========================== > > After Translate > ======================= > Start > input a [0] wire > input a [1] wire > . > . > . > . > input a [1000] wire > ...

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any response when I run the second command of its example---"% prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main -q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating system is winXP. I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl. Thank you very much I did not give up the solution of (http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second command(prolog::init) of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a window, said that Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly while executing "error "Prolog interpreter closed unexpect...

How to compile tcl or encrypt tcl
I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? The following is the simple code if I use the tixwish: #!/home/albertl/local/bin/tixwish puts "haha" And after using procomp by the TclPro1.5 Error in startup script: The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version while executing "error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version"" invoked from within "if {[catch {package require tbcload 1.3} err] == 1} { error "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not support the correct version" ...." (file "a.tbc" line 4) The problem seems that tbcload1.3 cannot be found? But tbcload is already there "/home/albertl/local/lib/tbcload1.3" Why? Can anyone tell me? stratus schrieb: > I use TclPro1.5 to compile my tcl script with tixwish in the Solaris before. > But I cannot use the same method in Linux. Why? > > Is there any utility for me to compile or encrypt the code by using tixwish? > Tixwish is just a wish shell with the Tix package baked in. If TclPro does not have a specific bigwish with Tix included your out of luck on that road (but could build your own if you liked). You might have success with freewrap or TDK, don't know for su...

tcl application with tcl application

Hello It's Friday and... well... Two things about Tcl going through my mind this week, a nice anecdote and a eyebrow-rising thing on Wikipedia: Anecdote: Until three months ago I worked in a scientific institue where I wrote much software in Tcl, especially a big Build and Report System, some tools for automatic checking of coding style and other things. Tcl had a bad reputation there (not because of me... they dropped Tcl before I started there in favour of Joy, then JavaScript and now Python) and besides me, there was only one co-worker who appearantly writes some small Tcl-Scripts to support other researchers in their work. To get completely rid of Tcl, they even started to reimplement all things, I wrote in Tcl in Python just to have it in a language, that most of them know (which is a good decision on the one hand, but on the other hand, I think, it would be better to simply learn Tcl ;-), which made me a little bit sad. Now there is a new collegue who has to maintain some of the things I wrote. Comming from Perl he wasn't exactly enthusiastic when he heard, that he must maintain my old code in such an obscure language.. Two weeks ago, I got mail from him. He's just studying a complex system of scripts that are used for a sandboxed build system for source code which comes from external untrusted source and must be compiled and tested. Of course it's written in Tcl (and some bash-Scripting). He told me, that although he has never looked at Tcl before,...

tcl-inotify: File & directory level notifications for Tcl. (extension)
This is an announcement for a relatively new Tcl project: tcl-inotify. Tcl-inotify is a Tcl interface to the linux kernel's inotify* service. It provides a Tcl package that enables Tcl scripts to monitor the file system changes at a file and directory level. A large number of file/directory actions can be monitored. A proc is executed asynchronously to notify for changes. * inotify is a Linux kernel subsystem that provides file system event notifications. It was written by John McCutchan with help from Robert Love and later Amy Griffis to replace dnotify. It was included in the mainline kernel starting from release 2.6.13, and could be compiled into 2.6.12 and possibly earlier releases by use of a patch. Its function is essentially an extension to filesystems to notice changes to the filesystem, and report those changes to applications. Home page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl-inotify/ Man page: http://tcl-inotify.sourceforge.net/ Author: Alexandros Stergiakis alsterg ...

Tcl
Hello all. I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35 Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that says: Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/. -- With the best regards from the Netherlands, Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC: > Hello all. > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2...

TCL
Hello, i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me how this can be done with VC 6.0? Best regards, Reinhold "Reinhold.kwauka" <bernd-reinhold.kwauka@t-online.de> wrote: >Hello, > >i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me >how this can be done >with VC 6.0? > >Best regards, >Reinhold > 1) get the source from http://tcl.sourceforge.net/ 2) open a command prompt 3) cd to the win/ subdirectory 4) call vcvars32.bat located in ??\vc98\bin\ of vc6 for wherever you installed it. 5) type @ the prompt: nmake -f makefile.vc -- David Gravereaux <davygrvy@pobox.com> [species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector] Reinhold.kwauka wrote: > Hello, > > i would like to build TCL/TK as a separate DLL-Library. Can anyone tell me > how this can be done > with VC 6.0? > > Best regards, > Reinhold > > Its already done. Just download a binary release for windows and check \Program Files\Tcl\lib for the DLLs and static libraries. ...

Tcl
Hello, where can I see for tcl syntacs and how-to run a tcl test? Thank You Vittore ___________________________________ Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB http://mail.yahoo.it ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted to the ptolemy-hackers mailing list. Please send administrative mail for this list to: ptolemy-hackers-request@ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu ...

How to write tcl generated xml file into a new file
Hi, I have generated a xml file using xmlgen. After running the tcl script the ouput is displayed on the terminal . I want to take the terminal output into a xml file. Any Suggestion ???/ Thanks Ranjan On Nov 25, 12:46=A0pm, gyana behera <ranjan....@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have generated a xml file using xmlgen. > After running the tcl script the ouput is displayed on the terminal . > I want to take the terminal output into a xml file. > > Any Suggestion ???/ > > Thanks > Ranjan Either redirect the output of the script to the xml-file. (xmlgen > output.xml) or open the file in the script: set f [open $filename w] then use puts $f instead of puts to output to the file and finally close the file: close $f Note that all this is covered in the Tcl tutorial, which is definitely worth a visit. (http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/tutorial/ tcltutorial.html) Mark ...

TCL/PHP/XML problem: I need to convert an XML file into a TCL list
My TCL proc, XML_GET_ALL_ELEMENT_ATTRS, is supposed to convert an XML file into a TCL list as follows: attr1 {val1} attr2 {val2} ... attrN {valN} This is the TCL code that does this: [TCL] set contents [read $fileID [file size ${fileName}.xml]]; close $fileID if {![string equal $switch -body]} { # ONLY DO THIS IF THE XML CONTENTS CONTAIN NO BODY - WILL UPGRADE AT A LATER DATE 11/24/2006 - PHIL global serverName if {![info exists serverName]} { global env source ./cgi_globals.tcl global serverName } if {[string length [info procs {URL_ENCODE}]] == 0} { source...

Does anyone have a Tcl Script which does a Multi Part File Upload to web site ( TCL CGI )
Hello all, I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... Any help is appreciated, Thank you for the help, Sean - HeliHobby.com Sean wrote: > Hello all, > > I am after a Tcl script which I can use on my apache Linux server > which a user can upload files or pictures to the site with ... > > Any help is appreciated, > > Thank you for the help, > > Sean - HeliHobby.com I use ncgi for ths (from tcllib). It rocks! high quality code that never fails. For instance the file upload of wiki.hping.org is implemented in this way. Ciao, antirez ...

Inline::Tcl vs. Inline::Tcl
The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > This sentence seems to suggest that there is another module named Inline::Tcl somewhere. Is this true, and if so, where can I find it? Mumia W. wrote: > The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this: > > > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be > > valuable to have some compatibility between the two. > > > > This sentence seems to suggest ...

Tcl command to evaluate a tcl script?
Hi all, I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? Regards, Prabu.K prabu wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to evaluate a separate tcl file within a tcl file. Is there any > tcl command to evaluate a tcl file ? > > Regards, > Prabu.K > hi, try: source your_other_tcl_file.tcl cheers, Tobi ...

[TCL] multi-threaded tcl apps
Hi, Where can one find complete documentation on the ttrace package to the Thread package? I'd like to know what commands are available in ttrace and how to use them. --------------------------------------------- Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee) Hewlett-Packard Company 11311 Chinden Blvd. Boise, Idaho --------------------------------------------- Please note: The e-mail address is purposely mangled. I do not wish my account at HP to become a spam haven. If you wish to e-mail me, the address consists of a dot between my first and last names (excluding my middle initial). The rest is accurate. Also, note, responses must be within the given context of messages I've posted to usenet. If it's not, I WILL NOT RESPOND! ...

Web resources about - Komodo: Accessing widgets in the auto generated _ui.tcl from the associated .tcl file - comp.lang.tcl

Donald Trump Says He Might Pay Legal Fees of Supporter Who Punched Protester: WATCH
Donald Trump told NBC’s Chuck Todd on Meet the Press that he’s looking into paying the legal fees for John McGraw, the 78-year-old Trump supporter ...

Billie Lourd Will Return With A Larger Role In ‘Star Wars Episode 8’
Billie Lourd was on the red carpet for Fox’s Scream Queens at Paleyfest on Saturday night. We’ll have a full story on Scream Queens later but ...

Lee Sedol Finally Beats Google’s AI In One Go Match
If you’ve not been following tech news recently, you might not have heard about a rather interesting five-game series taking place between Google ...

Daylight Saving Time
Tech Times Daylight Saving Time - Is It An Idea Whose Time Is Past? Tech Times Daylight saving time means most Americans recently set their ...

The Latest: Search Resumes for 2 Missing in NY Tugboat Crash
NJ.com The Latest: Search Resumes for 2 Missing in NY Tugboat Crash ABC News Divers are in the waters of the Hudson River looking for two ...

Doctor urged psychiatric hospital for Germanwings pilot before crash
Reuters Doctor urged psychiatric hospital for Germanwings pilot before crash Reuters PARIS A doctor consulted by the German pilot who crashed ...

Officials say unrest at prison in Alabama leaves 2 hurt
Inmates set a fire, seized control of a dormitory and stabbed two corrections officials during a violent uprising at a prison in southern Alabama, ...

How Dragon Age’s David Gaider joined the old-school role-playing game renaissance
FEATURE: David Gaider is now part of the renaissance. The acclaimed writer for blockbuster Dragon Age role-playing game series left EA-owned ...

Unusually widespread flooding across Louisiana, Mississippi
HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — As the Leaf River rose north of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 26-year-old Rebecca Bruce and her fiancé grabbed what they ...

Kim Kardashian Shares Shockingly Intimate Kanye West Poses Amid Nude Selfie Backlash: North Is Not Amused ...
Kim Kardashian is defying haters of her naked selfies and rumors that she and Kanye West are divorcing in a very Keeping Up With The Kardashians ...