looking for tcl\tk widget demo

Hi,
I'm looking for tcl\tk widget demo for something like a setup exe
(install application).
Thanks,
Yael.
0
yaelh (2)

yael wrote:
> I'm looking for tcl\tk widget demo for something like a setup exe
> (install application).

http://www.activestate.com/Tcl

Install it on Windows - that is a fully self-contained Tcl/Tk app
that installs Tcl/Tk from within itself.

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/

0
jeffh (1291)
10/29/2003 10:10:11 AM
Jeff Hobbs wrote:

> yael wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for tcl\tk widget demo for something like a setup exe
>> (install application).
>

> http://www.activestate.com/Tcl
>
> Install it on Windows - that is a fully self-contained Tcl/Tk app
> that installs Tcl/Tk from within itself.

I should add that it is also fully cross-platform, we just haven't
released it as a self-installer on *nix because most users are so
distrusting of self-extracting executables there.  :/

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
         Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions

0
jeffh (1291)
10/29/2003 10:11:10 AM
"Jeff Hobbs" <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote

> > I'm looking for tcl\tk widget demo for something like a setup exe
> > (install application).
>
> http://www.activestate.com/Tcl
>
> Install it on Windows - that is a fully self-contained Tcl/Tk app
> that installs Tcl/Tk from within itself.

I noticed the ActiveTcl installer mentioned on
http://wiki.tcl.tk/TclBasedInstallers the other day when I was looking
for such a package.  Does this installer exist as a separate package,
or is it just custom code that installs only ActiveTcl?  Others listed
on that page, such as INNO and Tclish are packages that help you build
application installers.  But I've never seen the "ActiveTcl Installer"
except when I've used it.

Bob
--
Bob Techentin                   techentin.robert@NOSPAMmayo.edu
Mayo Foundation                                 (507) 538-5495

Bob Techentin wrote:
> "Jeff Hobbs" <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote
>>>I'm looking for tcl\tk widget demo for something like a setup exe
>>>(install application).
>>
>>http://www.activestate.com/Tcl
>>
>>Install it on Windows - that is a fully self-contained Tcl/Tk app
>>that installs Tcl/Tk from within itself.

> I noticed the ActiveTcl installer mentioned on
> http://wiki.tcl.tk/TclBasedInstallers the other day when I was looking
> for such a package.  Does this installer exist as a separate package,
> or is it just custom code that installs only ActiveTcl?  Others listed
> on that page, such as INNO and Tclish are packages that help you build
> application installers.  But I've never seen the "ActiveTcl Installer"
> except when I've used it.

It hasn't been adapted for other things, but that doesn't mean it
couldn't be.  It wouldn't be hard to parametrize.  The key thing
that its been used for is an example of what can be done, or how
to poke the right things in Tcl when installing.

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
         Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions

0
jeffh (1291)
10/29/2003 4:37:50 PM
"Jeff Hobbs" <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote in
> Bob Techentin wrote:
> > I noticed the ActiveTcl installer mentioned ...
>
> It hasn't been adapted for other things, but that doesn't mean it
> couldn't be.  It wouldn't be hard to parametrize.  The key thing
> that its been used for is an example of what can be done, or how
> to poke the right things in Tcl when installing.

Is it "out there" somewhere?

Bob
--

Bob Techentin wrote:

> "Jeff Hobbs" <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote in
>>Bob Techentin wrote:
>>
>>>I noticed the ActiveTcl installer mentioned ...
>>
>>It hasn't been adapted for other things, but that doesn't mean it
>>couldn't be.  It wouldn't be hard to parametrize.  The key thing
>>that its been used for is an example of what can be done, or how
>>to poke the right things in Tcl when installing.

> Is it "out there" somewhere?

The code is there for the reading.  It's AS Copyright so you can't
just copy it, but the parts can be used.

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
         Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions

0
jeffh (1291)
10/30/2003 4:20:08 PM
"Jeff Hobbs" <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote
> The code is there for the reading.  It's AS Copyright so you can't
> just copy it, but the parts can be used.

Aha.  Pardon me for being a little slow.  Sdx unwrap the installation
kit, and I see it.

Thanks for the example.

Bob
--
Bob Techentin                   techentin.robert@NOSPAMmayo.edu
Mayo Foundation                                 (507) 538-5495
200 First St. SW                            FAX (507) 284-9171
Rochester MN, 55901  USA            http://www.mayo.edu/sppdg/

Jeff Hobbs <jeffh@activestate.com> wrote:

> I should add that it is also fully cross-platform, we just haven't
> released it as a self-installer on *nix because most users are so
> distrusting of self-extracting executables there.  :/

As far as Linux is concerned it is almost always the better way to install a
package in .rpm oder .deb Format because of other Software dependencies.

I don't know about other Distributuions, but on Debian it is possible to use
diffent Versions of Tcl/Tk on the same machine without any Problems.

Sven, running tcl8.4 and tcl8.3 from the debian package

--
                       This APT has Super Cow Powers.
					(apt-get --help on debian woody)

/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web
Sven Geggus wrote:

> Jeff Hobbs wrote:
>>I should add that it is also fully cross-platform, we just haven't
>>released it as a self-installer on *nix because most users are so
>>distrusting of self-extracting executables there.  :/

> As far as Linux is concerned it is almost always the better way to install a
> package in .rpm oder .deb Format because of other Software dependencies.
>
> I don't know about other Distributuions, but on Debian it is possible to use
> diffent Versions of Tcl/Tk on the same machine without any Problems.
>
> Sven, running tcl8.4 and tcl8.3 from the debian package

"almost always" is certainly a matter of opinion, and there are many
opinions floating around.  The rpm mechanism has both advantages and
disadvantages.  It's perfectly possible to use multiple versions of
ActiveTcl for any platform it installs on, and won't get you into any
rpm upgrade hell.

Jeff, running about 4 dozen versions of Tcl on various platforms.

--
     Jeff Hobbs                     The Tcl Guy
     Senior Developer               http://www.ActiveState.com/
         Tcl Support and Productivity Solutions

0
jeffh (1291)

Looking for examples of developing new Tkinter Widgets in Tcl/Tk
Hi, Can anyone point me to any good examples of how to get started developing new Tkinter widgets in Tcl/Tk? I have read a number of the popular books on Python and Tkinter: - Grayson, J.E., Python and Tkinter Programming, Manning Publications, 2000 - Lutz, M., Programming Python, O'Reilly, 1996. - etc. but all seem to sidestep the entire issue of developing new widgets in Tk and then wrapping them for Tkinter. I have a large number of unique widgets to implement and any help here would be greatly appreciated. I prefer to work in Tkinter instead of alternatives such as WxPython becaus...

Debugger for Tcl/Tk and [incr Tcl]

Newbie to Tcl/Tk: Question about Tcl and VxWorks....
Hello All, I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. Many thanks in advance, Richard "Richard Latter" <richard_l@latter.demon.co.uk> writes: > I have tried looking on the offical tcl/tk website and also at WindRiver's > without success. Please forgive my ignorance on this, but is tcl/tk > available for VxWorks or is there in progress a port going on. I have ancient Tcl 7.3 here, but don't know of newer ports. Donald Arseneau asnd@triumf.ca ...

Incr Tcl /Tk for Tcl 8.4

tcl/tk unicode wie kann man formel/math. zeichen in tk unter tcl anzeigen lassen?
Hallo, ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen unabh�ngig? English summary for the rest of the world: sven.rega@gmx.de would like to use mathematical symbols like "mu" in Tk applications. He asks if Unicode is the solution and whether that works on all platforms. I assert that Unicode works since Tcl 8.1 and that UCN syntax like \u00B5 is the way to go with symbols hardcoded in Tcl scripts. I point him to "charmap.exe" (Windows), "Character Palette" (Mac OS X) or generically to <http://www.unicode.org> to find out the Unicode code points. ---------------- Hi, Versuch doch bitte beim n�chsten Mal auf Englisch zu fragen, sonst kann Dir nur ein Bruchteil der Leute hier folgen. sven.rega@gmx.de (xfan) writes: > ich schreibe gerade an einen programm, dass auf windows unix und > vielleicht auch anderen plattformen laufen soll. es sollen auch > mathematische zeichen wie alpha 'm�' etc. dargestellt werden. mit > welchen zeichensatz (vielleicht unicode) kann man dies realisieren? Ja, das funktioniert mit Unicode in Tcl seit Version 8.1. > funktioniert es mit einen zeichensatz f�r alle plattformen > unabh�ngig? Das ist die ...

E.J. Friedman-Hill's Tcl/Tk Course

how to access prolog from tcl?(not using tcl/tk interface from prolog)
hi, I am now doing my thesis project relate to mobile agent technology which need to access prolog from tcl. There are a lot of prologs which have the function to access tcl from prolog, but I need to access prolog from tcl.(I can not use the method that first load prolog, then access tcl via the interface, and reload prolog). So is there any one can help me or give me some tips to solve this problem? Now I can only found one article to solve this problem(http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). I tried the code, but unfortunately, the terminal always crashed and did not give any response when I run the second command of its example---"% prolog::init". I could run the command of "plcon -s interp.pl -t main -q" in DOS terminal without problem. Originally I thought it is the version problem of tcl, so I changed it from 8.4.9 to 8.0.3, but the problem was still there. My SWI-prolog version is 3.1.2. My operating system is winXP. I am now very nervous about that, Please give me some help to solve this problem, or tell me some other way to access prolog from tcl. Thank you very much I did not give up the solution of (http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/wiki/38). Now I changed SWI-prolog version to 5.4.4. When I run the second command(prolog::init) of the example from wish.exe, it pop up a window, said that Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly Prolog interpreter closed unexpectedly while executing "error "Prolog interpreter closed unexpect...

ANNOUNCE: ADB and ADBSQL pure-tcl database engine for Tcl/Tk
Dear All, I'm happy to announce today the first release of adb/adbsql. ADB together with the MySQL database connectivity module adbsql are a Tcl/Tk package useful for Tcl/Tk programmers that want to store their data in a database-kind of way with tables and fields. Two (optional) features of ADB that may make it worthwhile for you: * Writing the database as XML output and later of course the ability to read it. * Connecting directly to a MySQL database. The fun part of ADB is that you can either use it as a full pure tcl library, or you can use these advanced features that require additional packages. Both modules are released under open source LGPL or BSD licenses (your pick) More information: http://wiki.tcl.tk/6319 - Tcl/Tk wiki page on ADB http://sourceforge.net/projects/adbsql/ - Sourceforge page (including download area) http://adbsql.sourceforge.net/adb.html - Manual page of ADB http://adbsql.sourceforge.net/adbsql.html - Manual page of ADBSQL Kind regards, Roalt Aalmoes ...

Registration Open for 19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012)
19th Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2012) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/ November 12 - 16, 2012 Sessions: National Museum of Health and Medicine Chicago 175 W. Washington Chicago, IL 60602 Rooms: Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza 350 West Mart Center Drive Chicago, Illinois, USA Map/Transport: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204739899073144451536.0004c144222a9036c99f6&msa=0&ll=41.885266,-87.633734&spn=0.008443,0.018818 http://wiki.tcl.tk/28843#pagetoca7e55932 I am pleased to announce that registration for the Conference is now open at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/reg.html To book a room at the conference hotel at reduced rates please follow the instructions on that page. Note that the offer of reduced rates expires on October 20. Book early. Our schedule can be found at http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2012/schedule.html Conference Committee Clif Flynt Noumena Corp General Chair, Website Admin Andreas Kupries ActiveState Software Inc. Program Chair Cyndy Lilagan Nat. Museum of Health & Medicine, Chicago Site/Facilities Chair Arjen Markus Deltares Brian Griffin Mentor Graphics Donal Fellows University of Manchester Gerald Lester KnG Consulting, LLC Jeffrey Hobbs ActiveState Software Inc. Kevin Kenny GE Global Research Center Larry Virden Mike Doyle ...

Komodo: Accessing widgets in the auto generated _ui.tcl from the associated .tcl file
I am using Komodo. I created a text widget and want to insert some text into it. The below is my ui.tcl file (ie. Dialog_ui.tcl). In my Dialog.tcl file I want to have access to the $base._text_log widget, so I can insert text into it. For eg. I've tried: ::Dialog::._text_log insert end "hello world!" And other variations, but have not succeeded. This seems to be something trivial, but I can't seem to figure it out. I also tried to get to the BASE variable, but was also unsuccessful. I guess my understanding of namespaces isn't correct. Is it even possible? Help is very very much appreciated. Thank you! # Below is the gui code in Dialog_ui.tcl # Declare the namespace for this dialog namespace eval Dialog {} package require Tk # Dialog::ui -- # # Create the UI for this dialog. # # ARGS: # root the parent window for this form # args a catch-all for other args, but none are expected # proc Dialog::ui {root args} { # this handles '.' as a special case set base [expr {($root == ".") ? "" : $root}] variable ROOT $root variable BASE $base # Widget Initialization text $base._text_log \ -height 0 \ -width 0 \ -xscrollcommand [namespace code [list _text_log_xscrollcommand]] \ -yscrollcommand [namespace code [list _text_log_yscrollcommand]] # Geometry Management grid $base._text_log -in $root -row 1 -column 1 \ -columnspan 1 \ -ipadx 0 \ -ip...

HELP! REFRESHING LABEL WIDGET IN TCL/TK
hi everyone, i'm a newbie to tcl/tk. i want to change the value of a label (using -text option)in a while loop. ex: label .l1 -text "value of i" pack .l1 set i 10 while { $i>0} { .l1 configure -text "$i" # changing the text value of label after 500 incr i -1 } In this loop, i have even used delay( "after 500") . but i get only the final value( i =1) displayed on the label . can anyone help me in refreshing the label widget. pralini@gmail.com wrote: > hi everyone, > i'm a newbie to tcl/t...

Looking for help with tcl/tk script on GNOME
I'm helping a group of users move from SPARC Solaris OpenWindows (really!) to SPARC Solaris GNOME. One of the users this week reported the following. He has an application that has a variety of buttons, listboxes, entry fields and text fields in the window. Under OpenWindows, one could move the mouse into the window and enter text into the entry fields, etc. and make use of keyboard keys for which he has bindings. Under GNOME, things work slightly different. When one first moves the mouse into the window, the keyboard key bindings do not work. After mouse clicking any of the buttons, however, the bindings do work. The bindings which are not firing correctly are bound to the . frame. Anyone familar enough with GNOME to know what might cause bindings on the toplevel frame not to fire? When the mouse moves out of the window and returns, the key bindings cease firing again, until the user clicks on some part of the window itself. -- <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/ > In God we trust. Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should be construed as representing my employer's opinions. <URL: mailto:lvirden@yahoo.com > <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/ > lvirden@yahoo.com writes: > Under GNOME, things work slightly different. When one first moves > the mouse into the window, the keyboard key bindings do not work. > After mouse clicking any of the buttons, however, the bindings do > work. Wierd. Does the w...

Looking for a Programmers Guide for Tcl Tk Libraries

Looking for a good tcl/tk directory browser
Hi-- My interactive application needs to let the user open and save files and navigate among directories. Can you recommend a good tcl/tk directory browser? Hopefully it satisfies: * has the usual functions: 'save', 'save as', 'open', 'new', etc. * unrestricted use and distribution * works for Linux, Mac, Windows * easy to hook into my tcl/tk/c++ application * clean, reliable, presentable * behaves as the user would expect Thanks! Matt ...

How to drag a file into tcl tk entry widget?
I want to have my script ability to receive drooped files from windows explorer on tk entry widget. Basically when user drops a file on widget, it should be filled with its path. Is it possible using tcl tk? Thanks On 7/24/12 10:08 AM, sarbjit1987@gmail.com wrote: > I want to have my script ability to receive drooped files from windows explorer on tk entry widget. Basically when user drops a file on widget, it should be filled with its path. Is it possible using tcl tk? Use the TkDnD extension. -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC | | Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net | +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Στις 24/7/2012 18:11, ο/η Gerald W. Lester έγραψε: > On 7/24/12 10:08 AM, sarbjit1987@gmail.com wrote: >> I want to have my script ability to receive drooped files from windows >> explorer on tk entry widget. Basically when user drops a file on >> widget, it should be filled with its path. Is it possible using tcl tk? > > Use the TkDnD extension. > > A tutorial can be found here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/36708 George On Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:43:43 PM UTC+5:30, George Petasis wrote: > =CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 24/7/2012 18:11, =CE=BF/=CE=B7 Gerald W. Lester = =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5: > &gt; On 7/24...

Appearance of Tcl/Tk Widget in Solaris OS
We have created windows and frames using Tcl/Tk Widgets. Let me share my problem: When we run our program in Linux OS, the windows appeared nicely according to the size that we have set that will fit to the widgets inside. But when we run the same program in Solaris OS, windows appeared with undesirable size that does not fit to the widgets inside. Is there any difference in the setup of LinuxOS and Solaris OS that affects the appearance of Tk Widgets? Hope someone could help me. Thanks and God bless! ecnedad wrote: > We have created windows and frames using Tcl/Tk Widgets. > > Let me share my problem: > > When we run our program in Linux OS, the windows appeared nicely > according to the size that we have set that will fit to the widgets > inside. > > But when we run the same program in Solaris OS, windows appeared with > undesirable size that does not fit to the widgets inside. > > Is there any difference in the setup of LinuxOS and Solaris OS that > affects the appearance of Tk Widgets? > > Hope someone could help me. > Thanks and God bless! Hi, I don't have an answer to your question but I imagine it would be helpful if you provide which version of Tcl/Tk you are using and also if you are using Ttk (Tile) widgets or the standard Tk widgets? On Jul 16, 2:55 am, ecnedad <ecne...@gmail.com> wrote: > We have created windows and frames using Tcl/Tk Widgets. > > Let me share my problem: > > ...

1st Call For Papers
22nd Annual Tcl/Tk Conference (Tcl'2015) http://www.tcl.tk/community/tcl2015/ October 19 - 23, 2015 Comfort Suites Manassas 7350 Williamson Blvd, 20109 Manassas, Virginia, USA Important Dates: Abstracts and proposals due August 24, 2015 Notification to authors August 31, 2015 WIP and BOF reservations open July 27, 2015 Author materials due September 28, 2015 Tutorials Start October 19, 2015 Conference starts October 21, 2015 Email Contact: tclconference@googlegroups.com Submission of Summaries Tcl/Tk 201...

Web resources about - looking for tcl\tk widget demo - comp.lang.tcl

Marco Rubio Will Not Endorse Donald Trump for President: Here’s Why
Marco Rubio stood on stage at a recent Republican primary debate and reluctantly said that he would support the GOP nominee no matter what. ...

Billie Lourd Will Return With A Larger Role In ‘Star Wars Episode 8’
Billie Lourd was on the red carpet for Fox’s Scream Queens at Paleyfest on Saturday night. We’ll have a full story on Scream Queens later but ...

WWE News: Former World Champion Christian Confirms That He Is Likely Retired
Not having wrestled in a match since March 2014, former WWE World Heavyweight champion Christian said on a recent edition of Talk is Jericho ...

Multiple doctors gave Germanwings co-pilot sick leave certificates before crash
Los Angeles Times Multiple doctors gave Germanwings co-pilot sick leave certificates before crash Los Angeles Times PARIS – Germanwings co-pilot ...

Divers Pull Body of 2nd Tugboat Crew Member From Hudson River; 3rd Man in Tugboat Crash Still Missing ...
Divers pull body of 2nd tugboat crew member from Hudson River; 3rd man in tugboat crash still missing

Watch: ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass’ TV Spot Questions Daylight Saving Time
Was an extra hour stolen this morning? That’s what the new TV spot for Disney’s “Alice Through the Looking Glass” asks after Sunday’s Daylight ...

Ivory Coast Beach Terrorist Attack Leaves At Least 16 Dead in Grand Bassam
An attack at Grand Bassam, a popular Ivory Coast beach resort in West Africa has left 16 – including at least four European vacationers – dead. ...

Every Quarter Of This Insane Ohio High School Basketball Final Ended On A Buzzer-Beater
Garfield Heights took down St. Ignatius last night in some hot Cleveland Regional Final action to head to the state semifinals. The Bulldogs ...

Officials say unrest at prison in Alabama leaves 2 hurt
Inmates set a fire, seized control of a dormitory and stabbed two corrections officials during a violent uprising at a prison in southern Alabama, ...

Kanye West says Justin Bieber hit was his "favorite song of 2015"
Kanye West — beloved by teen girls, teen boys, and multimillionaire hip-hop moguls. West has been relatively silent on Twitter for, say, the ...